• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korten

Banned
How many pieces of raid gear do you need to get to 30? I have one exotic, and in my first raid run ever last night I got raid arms and chest piece. D:

Future raids better not have the same relic shield/oracle shit. They should be unique so each one is a new experience. Maybe it'll be the same with different variations but I'm hoping they try new stuff.

Lead raid designer talked about how he wants all the raids to "build a vocabulary" with new verbs and nouns, so I fully expect the future ones to not be based around relics and oracles but possibly still incorporate them somewhat.

How many pieces of raid gear do you need to get to 30? I have one exotic, and in my first raid run ever last night I got raid arms and chest piece. D:

3 raid pieces and 1 exotic for 30 (or 4 raid pieces). Getting 2 raid gear drops in 1 raid is fantastic luck, no need for frowny face. I know people who have done 7 full raids with 0 gear drops.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Future raids better not have the same relic shield/oracle shit. They should be unique so each one is a new experience. Maybe it'll be the same with different variations but I'm hoping they try new stuff.

I'm guessing Hive are what we are going to battle + Crota as the boss for 1st DLC

I wouldn't be shocked a new type of shrieker replaces oracles
Praetorians/Minotaurs are uber Knights with Swords
The relic shield now is the Relic Sword (Sword of Crota), stab away at those Knights coming down and milk the blood to awaken their Deity just so you can murder it
Trash will consist of Thralls/Acolytes
Every so often 3 random players will get ported into a Wizrd chamber, where you'll have bash the sorceresses who were doing a seance that shields Crota, beat them to get a buff for 30 seconds
2 possible ports Wizard port Green has 2 Wizards One Arc Shielded/One Void Shielded
Then Solar Shield Underneath
Yellow port has 2 Knights, same concept

Yes I have a weird creative thought just like Bungie!

nowai

Is the Invective shotty any good?

I've been using Found Verdict and it's hard to imagine Invective being any better.

I love Invective for PvP!

Having said that, when I want to use an exotic primary or heavy, Found Verdict is a wonderful substitute...even if it has one of the ugliest models in the game.

*Splinter

Most of them cheesed it and/or got the Athean checking from someone. What I want to know is the percentage of people who completed a full hard run.
It was just under 1% before the Atheon cheese became widespread. I'd guess no more than 2% (although all the extra level 30s and Mythoclasts may have bumped it up a bit)

My Gjallahorn is ready for tomorrow. :)

Just need to gather some more Helium and i can max it out.
Welcome to Wolf Pack brother.

Wolf.gif

Deku Tree

I was disappointed that only one mission in the whole game, and right at the beginning, used the sword mechanic. It was so much fun. Why introduce the whole mechanic just to quickly discard and forget about it?

Carcetti

Your damage to enemies that are of lower level than you is capped at a fixed value. Once you are doing the max allowed damage, leveling your weapon further (or yourself for that matter) won't grant your any damage bonus any more against lower level enemies.

Which means that for any other content than raid hard mode, attack stat is useless and leveling weapons to max is useless since everyone is overleveled compared to the enemies. This system keeps boggling the mind.

Daemul

It was just under 1% before the Atheon cheese became widespread. I'd guess no more than 2% (although all the extra level 30s and Mythoclasts may have bumped it up a bit)

It was at 0.2% the week the glitch went mainstream, then it jumped up to 1% the following week, last time I heard it was at 1.7%

Best way to get the 25 kill/death spread for Invictus? Only played two matches in The Crucible before, .80 KD both times.

Git gud.

Just kidding. Honestly I don't know. try camping heavy weapon ammo? Try sticking next to a team mate at all times? Just try camping in general? Theres no secret sauce for that bounty.

LiK

I'm guessing Hive are what we are going to battle + Crota as the boss for 1st DLC

The relic shield now is the Relic Sword (Sword of Crota), stab away at those Knights coming down and milk the blood to awaken their Deity just so you can murder it
Every so often 3 random players will get ported into a Wizrd chamber, where you'll have bash the sorceresses who were doing a seance that shields Crota, beat them to get a buff for 30 seconds
2 possible ports Wizard port Green has 2 Wizards One Arc Shielded/One Void Shielded

Now I'm sad.

E92 M3

OMFG, yes. The Sword was fun to use. We need a whole level with them.

If only Bungie were so kind.

I'm shocked they haven't tried saying it was training us to use the Relic.

The reason, I'm guessing, is because they want the raid to be all inclusive.

You know only one will be using it. :(

I already called dibs, fig!!

No I do! I played a lot of Ninja Gaiden and Shinobi!

Check out the statistics on the percentage of people who have completed the hard raid trophy. IIRC it's less than 5%

Since I am on Xbox, there is no access to badass statics :(

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

GraveRobberX

3 pieces + Exotic, so you need feet and your set

With a maxed Exotic and those 2 pieces + a legendary, you should be 29.5

EL CUCO

I bet Luke is somewhere reading this and saying "CRAP! SCRATCH EVERYTHING! We need to go back to the drawing board."

Tawpgun

I think we'll definitely see some new mechanics.

Next raid is a hive one. I'm hoping for some kind of a darkness mechanic, maybe with one member of the team holding an artifact that shines a light and they have to guide the team through a dark maze. Maybe with enemies.

Hive are known for interdimensional nonsense. Hope this doesn't devolve into the hive equivelant of timestreams.

Doubt it will happen but I hope we also get more variety with bosses. Not just big version of current. I have a feeling if we do fight Crota its just gonna be a beefed up knight with a sword

Korten

Banned
Lead raid designer talked about how he wants all the raids to "build a vocabulary" with new verbs and nouns, so I fully expect the future ones to not be based around relics and oracles but possibly still incorporate them somewhat.

3 raid pieces and 1 exotic for 30 (or 4 raid pieces). Getting 2 raid gear drops in 1 raid is fantastic luck, no need for frowny face. I know people who have done 7 full raids with 0 gear drops.

Sadly we never did complete the raid. :(

Got the final boss around 3 AM last night.

*Splinter

I was disappointed that only one mission in the whole game, and right at the beginning, used the sword mechanic. It was so much fun. Why introduce the whole mechanic just to quickly discard and forget about it?
I found it a nice little gimmick but was very grateful they never used it again. What would be added by repeating it?

Now if they could have added a few different one time gimmicks, that would have been nice for variety's sake. If I really want to play with swords I'm playing the wrong game.

clint-eastwood-staring.gif

;_;

jay23

Here is my warlock. This is how she will look until DLC drops with new gear, but until then she will look just like hundreds of other warlocks.

I don't feel unique or "Legend", too little variety in gear at end game.

:(

What shader are you wearing here?

Lemnisc8

Thanks for the responses Re: higher level strikes. With a level cap increase though, this doesn't get past the fact they will be too easy once more for higher level guardians?

Deku Tree

I found it a nice little gimmick but was very grateful they never used it again. What would be added by repeating it?

Now if they could have added a few different one time gimmicks, that would have been nice for variety's sake. If I really want to play with swords I'm playing the wrong game.

I am guessing you never played Halo with the energy sword.

Mindlog

You know, I misunderstood figa. I thought we were talking about blowing yourself up by shooting your Gjallarhorn while inside a Titan shield.

I've done it too many times!
My first raid a bunch of us kept doing it without putting two and two together. Felt so dumb afterwards. I still die too frequently in the relic bubble for reasons I can't figure out. I know to avoid splash damage. I know what not to throw and whatnot. Still that shield is more dangerous than anything else in the raid to me.

On average when tackling Atheon with random groups using the shield can take 5+ cycles. Not using the shield usually means a more experienced group which means 3 or fewer cycles.

Temidien

Neo Member
Best way to get the 25 kill/death spread for Invictus? Only played two matches in The Crucible before, .80 KD both times.

It's a total K/D of 25 spread over multiple matches, not for one match. So if you keep ending games with 1.1 or higher, you'll get it eventually.

To boost your current .80, I would recommend you just keep playing. Doing well in PvP is mostly learning the maps and their routes. Stick with something like Control where you know enemies/allies will congregate at certain areas so you can lie in wait or turn a corner ready to shoot.

My first raid a bunch of us kept doing it without putting two and two together. Felt so dumb afterwards. I still die too frequently in the relic bubble for reasons I can't figure out. I know to avoid splash damage. I know what not to throw and whatnot. Still that shield is more dangerous than anything else in the raid to me.

On average when tackling Atheon with random groups using the shield can take 5+ cycles. Not using the shield usually means a more experienced group which means 3 or fewer cycles.
On average it should take you 2-3 portal trips in the shield. If you go to the middle platform stay away from the left side where there's a little wall. The splash damage can enter the shield from there. Weird bug. You want to have the shield and group closer to the forest portal side of the middle platform.

GraveRobberX

Love new Defender Titans on Raid dropping their Bubble right on top of the Relic Holder bubble, negating all damage to be done to Atheon

Put it in the back, you should know by now what the Bubble is used for and what it can and can't let you do

If anyone is raiding, add me. I already beat Atheon, but I haven't done any of the rest of the raid. I won't leave on Atheon either. By the Traveler's light

PSN: Godsfavorite

*Splinter

I am guessing you never played Halo with the energy sword.
...and? This is just my opinion, I know many (possibly the majority) disagree.

Sword combat was extremely shallow. They would have to either implement a whole new combat system for the swords, or leave it as a gimmick and hopefully add a few more such things. Personally I would have preferred the latter (we got neither)

PuMa

Love new Defender Titans on Raid dropping their Bubble right on top of the Relic Holder bubble, negating all damage to be done to Atheon

Put it in the back, you should know by now what the Bubble is used for and what it can and can't let you do

If they are new, they probably don't know what the strat is/was in the beginning...

Shito

It's a total K/D of 25 spread over multiple matches, not for one match. So if you keep ending games with 1.1 or higher, you'll get it eventually.

To boost your current .80, I would recommend you just keep playing. Doing well in PvP is mostly learning the maps and their routes. Stick with something like Control where you know enemies/allies will congregate at certain areas so you can lie in wait or turn a corner ready to shoot.
Doesn't even need to be 1.0+, seeing as assists count as kills.
My advice is to play team deathmatch and stick with your teammates.

dB Viper

Loot From last Tues-today.

Vex Mythoclast
MIDA Multi Tool
THE SWARM
Vision of Confluence
27 strange coins (18 from 2 character heroic runs, 9 more from nightfall. meh.). I need The Last Word from Xur!
Last piece of raid gear needed for level 30 (warlock helmet)
Grim Citizen III (From a blue)

Not too bad, was in a slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom