• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Once I get my warlock to level 27, anyone wants to help her beat nightfall and weekly? I want to get the rep points for future war cult and the xp as well. Plus, the loot. Can't forget about the loot.

SkylineRKR

The problem with the Mythoclast (and Suros, Last Word) is that exotic items are most useful in the Special/Heavy weapon slots. For example, I have a number of legendary rocket launchers, but something like the Gjallarhorn is just so much better. Same with snipers and the Ice Breaker. It's why, despite loving my primary exotics, I use a legendary exotic 99% of the time.

I hate Ice Breaker honestly. I miss the thrill of a reload, and the fact you have to make shots count. It makes me a worse player if I rely on IB.

I ditched it for Praedyth's Revenge which is so much fun with Feeding Frenzy and special reload perk on my Hezen Vex Armor. Just too bad IB is so damn useful in Nightfall etc. But I really don't like the weapon.

Tawpgun

All I want from Raid is chest, gloves and fatebringer.

Hunter exotic helms all outdo the two chests and arms so no need to do hardmode lol

Yeezus

Bungie logic: if too many people are using the same weapons in PvP they should be nerved. I think they should be nerfed but that seems like contorted illogical logic.

I think they're just trying to avoid one particular weapon becoming far too dominant. In Halo 3, if you used anything other than the Battle Rifle (power weapons aside) in high level play you would get shredded.

Brannon

Was in third place in a Crucible rumble.

Got The Last Word.

Now I don't know what to think. I feel like that dude that tried to kiss Kevin Spacey in An American Beauty. What the hell RNG.

Why you do this.

Wat do with all this Sapphire Wire?
10496202_308937945979632_8673458494706949543_o.jpg

LordofPwn

I was hoping the 3rd subclass for the Titan would have a sword like blade dancer. Then I saw the leaked subclasses. :,(

still holding out hope

i thought the leaked subclasses thing was an idea started on reddit that got elaborated on further on 4chan that then went back to reddit and finally popped up here on Gaf?

jeffc919

This is probably a dumb question after playing a lot of PvP (plus the alpha and beta) but could someone explain what melees, if any, are 1 hit kills in PvP? Playing as a hunter it seems like I'm often getting melee killed in 1 hit by the other 2 classes. Are their melee attacks just stronger?

Juraash

The problem with the Mythoclast (and Suros, Last Word) is that exotic items are most useful in the Special/Heavy weapon slots. For example, I have a number of legendary rocket launchers, but something like the Gjallarhorn is just so much better. Same with snipers and the Ice Breaker. It's why, despite loving my primary exotics, I use a legendary exotic 99% of the time.

Gotta agree with this sentiment. In some ways I feel like the raid weapons, in concert with some really great special and heavy exotic weapons, basically render exotic primaries near useless. Now I can't speak to PVP as I'm pretty trash at it, but in PVE I'm not sure I could justify using my exotic slot on a primary.

I think it would probably be...semi reasonable to remove the exotic cap for weapons. I'm not sure the bonuses are so game breaking that having one equipped in each slot would be that bad. That or somehow buff primary exotics so that they have more to offer as a counter to really strong exotics in other weapon classes.

Vespene

It's a total K/D of 25 spread over multiple matches, not for one match. So if you keep ending games with 1.1 or higher, you'll get it eventually.

To boost your current .80, I would recommend you just keep playing. Doing well in PvP is mostly learning the maps and their routes. Stick with something like Control where you know enemies/allies will congregate at certain areas so you can lie in wait or turn a corner ready to shoot.

I did it in 1 and a half control matches.

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
2) Kor_of_Memory (29 titan)
3)
4)
5)
6)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I hate Ice Breaker honestly. I miss the thrill of a reload, and the fact you have to make shots count. It makes me a worse player if I rely on IB.

I ditched it for Praedyth's Revenge which is so much fun with Feeding Frenzy and special reload perk on my Hezen Vex Armor. Just too bad IB is so damn useful in Nightfall etc. But I really don't like the weapon.

I actually have switched to Praedyth's Revenge as well because I've been running with Exotic heavies. Also have an Epitaph with nearly perfect perks.

M3Freak

Banned
I don't know if we will have enough people. I figured joing one of the GAf clans just to have more members. I played with Efertlis my first night and we caught up. I'll let you know when I have time this week. I want to get enough to try a full raid since I haven't done one yet.

I haven't done a raid yet either. We'll have to schedule a meet up and block out a few hours for sure. I predict much hilarity.

E92 M3

All I want from Raid is chest, gloves and fatebringer.

Hunter exotic helms all outdo the two chests and arms so no need to do hardmode lol

I wager you'll use the fatebringer on your own head before you get everything you want. At least that's how I view things lol.

LordofPwn

Didn't hear that but would be awesome if true. I want a sword damn it!

I would love a crucible match type like juggernaut but instead it places a relic on the map, whoever gets to it gets to use it and you only score points for killing the relic holder or getting kills with the relic.

brb. i'm going to go post this on redit as a leak and see how long it takes to get back here.

nowai

I actually have switched to Praedyth's Revenge as well because I've been running with Exotic heavies. Also have an Epitaph with nearly perfect perks.

I like the stability and RoF of Praedyth's Revenge, but the impact is so painful to go back to once you have experienced the magic of Ice Breaker.

Afterlife

They should really make a primary only playlistt. All everyone ever uses on crucible is their special weapons it's getting annoying just getting killed by shotguns or fusion rifles

Sergoes

I was hoping the 3rd subclass for the Titan would have a sword like blade dancer. Then I saw the leaked subclasses. :,(

still holding out hope

I really think a lot of these leaks are just pretty good hunches or based on very old information. I do hope like you that there's more melee-ish subclasses. Third person gameplay works surprisingly well in Destiny.

Put on the God of War Shader with those voidfang vestaments and OH DAMN. I use the sunbreakers more cause theyre more useful; to how I play, but man the voidfangs are PIMP with the right shader.
I finally got Thunderdevil yesterday, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look like smelly butt on the Voidfang. I was broken hearted. :-(

Wat do with all this Sapphire Wire?
10496202_308937945979632_8673458494706949543_o.jpg
I've got 715 Hadronic Essense, there needs to be some material exchange for that stuff.

*Splinter

Are there any other legendary or exotic snipers with impact as high (or higher) than Ice Breaker? I know the Supremacy (queen's sniper) is one but can't think of any others... Feels like there should be a higher impact 'Gozen C' type one as well but I haven't seen any.

Starting to think Bungie stealth-implemented one of the most important weapons in the game in that (much maligned) Queen's event... wonder if there were any similar goodies during Iron Banner... (apart from the magic school bus, obviously)

darthbob

I finally got Thunderdevil yesterday, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look like smelly butt on the Voidfang. I was broken hearted. :-(

I've got 715 Hadronic Essense, there needs to be some material exchange for that stuff.

Since gear breakdown mats are so common I'd say 100 mats could be exchanged for 10 Spinmetal/Spirit Bloom/Relic Iron/Helium Filaments and it wouldn't break the game.

Since gear breakdown mats are so common I'd say 100 mats could be exchanged for 10 Spinmetal/Spirit Bloom/Relic Iron/Helium Filaments and it wouldn't break the game.
ANYTHING of value would be nice. I'd prefer it go back towards buying armor, but I'll take it not being completely pointless to keep.

That's cuter.

DCgqxRz.png
How well do those gun Telemetry units work? As in, how quickly can you upgrade a Legendary or Exotic item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom