• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Shotguns still running rampant in the Crucible. Bungie's incompetence really blows me away.

Yeah everyone still rocking shotties and auto-rifles. Maybe there will be another round of nerfs.

I did see one person rocking a pulse rifle. Well, to be fair, I dont know any pulse rifles so I might be dead wrong. Most likely I am absolutely wrong

They would need to redesign almost every Crucible map in order to make shotgun actually less viable choice. They can't balance weapon class for PvP when maps are build around of having a lot turns and short distances / corridors.

Well okay they can "balance" shotguns for this shit map design, but in process they could just delete shotguns from the game as whole.

Weird. I always get every checkpoint in raid even if I'm not fireteam leader.

Yeah the maps are not really setup fairly. They have all these sniper rifle bounties but majority of maps are super tight corridors. And the flow is weird. Like if you are backing up while firing at an enemy the chances are high you will just fall off a cliff :)

Also, they know this game got a crap ton of AoE & Nukes yet they place all the control points in these tight little rooms. So all you need is a Warlock to Nova bomb and everyone dies

Why give people double jump and blink with all of these low ceilings in these maps?

I enjoy the visuals immensely but its like most of these maps were designed for a shooter like Halo where people cant double jump

*Splinter

Sorry Sunbreakers, this coat is TOO fucking sexy.
wtdK8Mk.jpg
BoKA26p.jpg
(Looks better in game, of course :/)

Deku Tree

...and? This is just my opinion, I know many (possibly the majority) disagree.

Sword combat was extremely shallow. They would have to either implement a whole new combat system for the swords, or leave it as a gimmick and hopefully add a few more such things. Personally I would have preferred the latter (we got neither)

Hey you have the right to your opinion... I just think in the correctly designed environments Sword combat can be very fun.

Marvel

could never
Loot From last Tues-today.

Vex Mythoclast
MIDA Multi Tool
THE SWARM
Vision of Confluence
27 strange coins (18 from 2 character heroic runs, 9 more from nightfall. meh.). I need The Last Word from Xur!
Last piece of raid gear needed for level 30 (warlock helmet)
Grim Citizen III (From a blue)

Not too bad, was in a slump.
This is disgusting.

Yeah everyone still rocking shotties and auto-rifles. Maybe there will be another round of nerfs.

I did see one person rocking a pulse rifle. Well, to be fair, I dont know any pulse rifles so I might be dead wrong. Most likely I am absolutely wrong

I'm using a Pulse rifle. Nothing as good has dropped for me doing non raid non weekly heroic.

Hoodbury

Best way to get the 25 kill/death spread for Invictus? Only played two matches in The Crucible before, .80 KD both times.

Assists are your friend. Stick by your allies and just try to at least tag everyone you see. My KDR is higher in Control and Skirmish. Rumble and Clash are too chaotic for me. I like knowing where people will be either coming from or going to in Control and the team cooperation in Skirmish.

In Rumble you have no idea where people will be coming from and I just can't figure out the flow in Clash. But I've never been that good at just regular TDM game modes. I always prefer the objective modes.

So if you play control, throw a grenade down at the points that are being taken and back up and let your teammates clear out the spot and you'll rack up the assists. Use AOE supers if you have them on control points that are being taken not just out in the open.

Deku Tree

Bungie logic: if too many people are using the same weapons in PvP they should be nerved. I think they should be nerfed but that seems like contorted illogical logic.

Greenymac

Sorry Sunbreakers, this coat is TOO fucking sexy.

(Looks better in game, of course :/)

Put on the God of War Shader with those voidfang vestaments and OH DAMN. I use the sunbreakers more cause theyre more useful; to how I play, but man the voidfangs are PIMP with the right shader.

Definity

Went ahead and bought a vanguard legendary item just so I can reload my Last Word even faster now. I have not used another weapon for days now. I better switch it up a bit though before bungle catches on and hits it with the nerf bat.

realcZk

Went ahead and bought a vanguard legendary item just so I can reload my Last Word even faster now. I have not used another weapon for days now. I better switch it up a bit though before bungle catches on and hits it with the nerf bat.

What do you mean? Weapon switching for reload animation cancelling or using perk ability from another weapon?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Problem with Shotgun is the closing of space and getting the kill

Listen if you have an AR and come around a corner and a shotty catches you up close, well that's a a legit death, your mistake not looking at the radar

It's when you have senseless running around players just closing the gap, to get a shot off that nets them the kill, while you pump bullets into them, is when you get frustrated

I have seen players rush at me, best option is to back push or float away, but if they have the agility/speed, they catch up pretty quickly, pull the trigger, get the kill, refresh their shield, start the chase again

I have seen in a rumble where it was just shotty/fusion one after the other, for like 8 kills in a row, you only heard the blasts or the discharge of the FR in a small window of deaths occurring

Shotty's need to be toned in away where if you are running like a lunatic your sway + balance (stability) goes out the window
You might hit the target direct on, but will only lower their shield to 25% left, that means, you risked that option, now if you can wait for the next buckshot to go off before you die, you earned the kill, die, well you played it stuidly

I have seen people just run trying to close the gap, so they can land that one hit kill
Before AR would mow them down, now they have a better chance reaching you

All it does is make people switch to shotty or FR's themselves
Scouts still aren't what they were in the Beta, a lot of GAFfers swear by VoC, but that's a rare drop from the last boss of a Raid that you might have a chance of getting
Most scouts are really atrocious at taking out enemies, cause at least AR's rapid fire widdles health quickly and can net you the kill, Scouts take forever to rip health off, by the time you got them, they already killed you and refreshed their health & shield

Scouts stand out if you saw the target 2-3 seconds before they saw you and are running through a lane they can't hide against

So i found two epic weapons today.

First one was from a blue engram its a Vanquisher III with weapon stability when fire for a period of time and radar while aiming. I figure this might be good for pvp?

Second one i found in my vault :) its a crypt dweller sr1 with explosive ammo, enemies explode from precision damage and last round makes more damage.

Figure both looks kinda fun to use. What do you think fellow guardians?

Ugh, I hope they don't nerf it before I can get my hands on one.

Honestly though, when Bungie does nerf stuff it doesn't seem to be a massive difference. Auto rifles still seem to be the go-to in pvp and I haven't really done any better or worse with the scout rifle.

If I buy a different region version of the game will I be able to continue with my current guardian? I assume so because your guardian is saved on the servers?

Definity

What do you mean? Weapon switching for reload animation cancelling or using perk ability from another weapon?

Nah, just gear with the "increased reload speed with hand cannons". Out of all the gear I've obtained, none of it had that perk so I ended up buying something from the vanguard.

realcZk

Nah, just gear with the "increased reload speed with hand cannons". Out of all the gear I've obtained, none of it had that perk so I ended up buying something from the vanguard.

Whaaat? That's an actual gear perk? I've only seen "extra ammo for handcannons". That's awesome.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
My Gjallahorn is ready for tomorrow. :)

Just need to gather some more Helium and i can max it out.

One of my most wanted weapons. I really, really should have bought it when Xur had it. My top 3 most wanted currently:
1. Mythoclast (duh)
2. The Last Word and Gjallahorn tie

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Whaaat? That's an actual gear perk? I've only seen "extra ammo for handcannons". That's awesome.

I have a couple of pieces of gear with that perk. Unfortunately, none of it is level 30 type gear. Makes a noticeable difference though.

SkylineRKR

Found Verdict is pretty much what I use in PVP right now. I would like to use Invective but I prefer an exotic for my Primary.

I am in the luxury of both

Suros + Found Verdict

or

Shadow Price (Field scout lolz) + Invective.

Still need to upgrade FV though.

Neo Geo

Neo Member
About the raid, is it still possible to do the Raid on normal until you reach Atheon and get the checkpoint so you can leave, come back and choose hard?

We've tried it minutes ago and the one person doing ot had to start at the beginning on hard. Was that already patched?

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Did this fill up? If not add me. Kor_of_Memory

29 Titan

About the raid, is it still possible to do the Raid on normal until you reach Atheon and get the checkpoint so you can leave, come back and choose hard?

We've tried it minutes ago and the one person doing ot had to start at the beginning on hard. Was that already patched?

No, the checkpoints are separate.

Definity

I have a couple of pieces of gear with that perk. Unfortunately, none of it is level 30 type gear. Makes a noticeable difference though.

Exactly. I will swap it out during raid or crucible. Just depends on what I'm playing.
I'm assuming it will stack with the chain of woe ability on the hunter. Didn't have much time to play around with it last night.

LiK

I am in the luxury of both

Suros + Found Verdict

or

Shadow Price (Field scout lolz) + Invective.

Still need to upgrade FV though.

I have maxed SP as well but I don't have Field Scout which sucks. It's an okay gun in PVP but I have better luck with Suros.

darthbob

Here is my warlock. This is how she will look until DLC drops with new gear, but until then she will look just like hundreds of other warlocks.

I don't feel unique or "Legend", too little variety in gear at end game.

:(

This is why Destiny needs a transmog system.

Raxus

One of my most wanted weapons. I really, really should have bought it when Xur had it. My top 3 most wanted currently:
1. Mythoclast (duh)

I got Vex this week, Gjallahorn from a raid chest, and the Last Word from Nightfall :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
1. Mythoclast (duh)

The problem with the Mythoclast (and Suros, Last Word) is that exotic items are most useful in the Special/Heavy weapon slots. For example, I have a number of legendary rocket launchers, but something like the Gjallarhorn is just so much better. Same with snipers and the Ice Breaker. It's why, despite loving my primary exotics, I use a legendary exotic 99% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom