• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cute.

IfYhk8X.png
Bob please...show me your ways

That's cuter.

DCgqxRz.png
E92...wat

Greenymac

ANYTHING of value would be nice. I'd prefer it go back towards buying armor, but I'll take it not being completely pointless to keep.

How well do those gun Telemetry units work? As in, how quickly can you upgrade a Legendary or Exotic item?

I cant say what percentage the rate jumps, but its DEFINITELY noticeable. Using them currently to level up atheons epilogue and shadow price.

BraXzy

LMFAO!

Ypu couldn't make this up.. I just got the Hard mode raid helmet TWICE on my Warlock alt by cheesing the end for the first time. That's TWO raid gear pieces on my alt that I started a few days ago, compared to the still zero pieces on my main hunter.

Well played game. Well played.

Lakitu

st5fu
The Thorn bounty is making my blood boil. It honestly makes me want to take an extended break from Destiny. The amount of bullshit deaths in PVP, not to mention the fact that you can get killed AFTER the game finishes. I'm on 200 out of 500 in terms of void points, but I honestly don't think I can continue. The person who made this bounty needs to stop. NOW.

Palmer_v1

Looks like a strong team to me!

Ugh, looks like some folks replied beforehand but if plans change for anyone then you are in. Send me a FR on PSN if you like, same as GAF.

Unrelated - I just realized the description for the Vex Mytho was meant to be read in a loop, related to it's mechanical infrastructure. Well played, Bungie.

...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into…

...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into ...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into…

My PSN is ThisStoreSucks. Adding you soon.

LiK

The Thorn bounty is making my blood boil. It honestly makes me want to take an extended break from Destiny. The amount of bullshit deaths in PVP, not to mention the fact that you can get killed AFTER the game finishes. I'm on 200 out of 500 in terms of void points, but I honestly don't think I can continue. The person who made this bounty needs to stop. NOW.

I'm gonna abandon it. Not gonna put effort into a shit gun.

Shito

Yeah, I don't want to touch that bounty. Ever.
Bungie needs to learn not every player enjoys being forced into pvp, especially not on such tasks where they can lose progress so easily. These should be ranked the same as multiplayer achievements: do not do this, ever.

My PSN is ThisStoreSucks.
Hahaha. That's quite awesome!

I wear it, and with Chatterwhite I look like an angel of death.

With Chatterwhite it just goes a bit overboard lol, not that I mind.

Shhh, I'm convinced these are a waste of my motes until I have all the exotics I want.
Must. Resist. Bling. Temptation.

After Xur screwed me over twice I just can't be bothered with playing motes lottery anymore. Next up is some nice armband for my Warlock.

Yeah, I don't want to touch that bounty. Ever.
Bungie needs to learn not every player enjoys being forced into pvp, especially not on such tasks where they can lose progress so easily. These should be ranked the same as multiplayer achievements: do not do this, ever.

Indeed, I would make it so players can choose either a PVP option or a PVE option for exotic bounties.

Greenymac

Call me crazy, but the Thorn even minus the buff is growing on me....Need to finish the damage upgrades, but that poison with a small buff could make it ultra deadly...I havent used it in PVP yet, but i could see it being very useful...

Zocano

Void fusion rifles are your friends for the Thorn Bounty. Took me 10-15 matches to wrap it up. Was pretty easy.

I've played Halo for far too much of my life so PVP comes easy to me.

Raxus

How do people have all these Shards? I have the same amount of Energy as you and 0 Shards. RNGesus has not gifted me in resources.

I find shards much easier to hold on to since I have yet to receive several piece of raid gear. I keep spending my energy on my mountains of legendaries and exotics.

Woe is me.

M3Freak

Banned
We should totally have a clan. If you guys create one, I'd like to join. Things changed a lot since the resistance days. I've got a baby. Can't talk most of the times when I play. But I'd love to catch up with you guys.

Ya. Huge changes in my life, too.

BTW, tt was fun getting in some Destiny time with you. It would be even better with the rest of the gang.

I'll work on creating one. I'll let you know.

Yaari

Going to have to give up on my last goal of cheesing Atheon on my alt before the reset. Too bad. I really want Vision of Confluence.

Call me crazy, but the Thorn even minus the buff is growing on me....Need to finish the damage upgrades, but that poison with a small buff could make it ultra deadly...I havent used it in PVP yet, but i could see it being very useful...

I see the poison's usefulness in how it just confuses the shit out of me when I get hit.

"What the shit just happened to my RGB? Everything's all green now. :| " *dead*

Dante316

Yep, im upgrading it just for pvp, using the devil till thorn has that damage over time ability unlocked.

Brannon

No.

NOOOOO!

You can't do that; you have to complete that bounty. Come on, man.

GAME OF THORNS

We all pack Thorns in Crucible and lay waste, it'll be so hilarious and awesome and we can't do that unless everybody has a Thorn and if you give up that bounty then you hate children.

Or something.

Give it a bit more :p

Temidien

Neo Member

As someone who picked up this bounty yesterday and is lamenting the thought of grinding Crucible for days, is it the general consensus that Thorn truly isn't worth the effort? I wouldn't get too much use out of it in PvE yet the thought of passing on an exotic just irks me as a completionist.

E92 M3

ANYTHING of value would be nice. I'd prefer it go back towards buying armor, but I'll take it not being completely pointless to keep.

How well do those gun Telemetry units work? As in, how quickly can you upgrade a Legendary or Exotic item?

I only tested one out with bounties and it increased it significantly more. I think they are only worth it when doing bounties and/or missions with a lot of XP.

E92...wat

How do people have all these Shards? I have the same amount of Energy as you and 0 Shards. RNGesus has not gifted me in resources.

SUPER conservative + plus freaking stuck on 29 :(

E92: what do I do with all these strange coins and who the hell is Xur

Never had anything I MUST have. With rare materials I become very picky. Definitely getting TLW once he sells it though. Also, I suspect these strange coins might have a new purpose down the line.

lmao

Guessing he/she is saving up for DLC gear?

I'm just cheap, and yes DLC should be providing some new fun stuff.

I've got a checkpoint at Gatekeeper on Hard Raid. Anyone interested to give it a try before the reset? PS4
L29 Titan, add me on PSN bownser88

Some L30s would be nice since I was having a hard time staying alive to the Praetorians.

LiK

As someone who picked up this bounty yesterday and is lamenting the thought of grinding Crucible for days, is it the general consensus that Thorn truly isn't worth the effort? I wouldn't get too much use out of it in PvE yet the thought of passing on an exotic just irks me as a completionist.

It's getting a buff in the future but I don't even like this type of gun. :/

No.

NOOOOO!

You can't do that; you have to complete that bounty. Come on, man.

GAME OF THORNS

We all pack Thorns in Crucible and lay waste, it'll be so hilarious and awesome and we can't do that unless everybody has a Thorn and if you give up that bounty then you hate children.

Or something.

Give it a bit more :p

Wow, I had the exact same idea, but with Hawkmoons. But I need like at least 2 more of my clan mates to get them. Was just going to go the extra mile and rename the whole damn guild The Hawkmoons, then laugh maniacally as we go 6v6... HAWKMOONS.

blackflag

Wow, I had the exact same idea, but with Hawkmoons. But I need like at least 2 more of my clan mates to get them. Was just going to go the extra mile and rename the whole damn guild The Hawkmoons, then laugh maniacally as we go 6v6... HAWKMOONS.

I'd probably pay to watch this. I'd also join if I could ever get it to drop.

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
2) Kor_of_Memory (29 titan)
3)
4)
5)
6)

GobFather

I would like to kill the boss before the reset. I'm at NORMAL raid, at ATHEON checkpoint. No team yet (no one is on )

PSN: keltin99

I've got a checkpoint at Gatekeeper on Hard Raid. Anyone interested to give it a try before the reset? PS4
L29 Titan, add me on PSN bownser88

Some L30s would be nice since I was having a hard time staying alive to the Praetorians.

Id go with you a bit later this evening, 29 Warlock here w/ 300 Gjallarhorn

Make sure you get a titan or two

Edit: PSN is T_urdburger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom