• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hung Wei Lo

I've got a checkpoint at Gatekeeper on Hard Raid. Anyone interested to give it a try before the reset? PS4
L29 Titan, add me on PSN bownser88

Some L30s would be nice since I was having a hard time staying alive to the Praetorians.

I'll give it a go if you still have room (was in a similar situation yesterday) - 29 def titan PSN Kinezo

recks

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
2) Kor_of_Memory (29 titan)
3)
4)
5)
6)
I'm interested, Sunsinger Lv29 Warlock, cleared it multiple times. I also have voice now.

PSN ID x__xo__o

Is there anything to buy with Glimmer besides guns and consumables from the gunsmith? I keep hitting the cap and I already have like 30 consumable packs. Don't know what else I can spend money on to clear out room.

LiK

i'll do Atheon checkpoint on Hard tonight if you guys need my help. I just wanna see what drops for me. I'll be defending portals.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm really thinking about starting a warlock on my brother's account, lol. I have all my slots taken up by my titans, but I don't want to let go of my extra chances at vex yet.

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Definitely interested. Psn is PaulKersey. Have a 29 Titan and a 29 Hunter. Have finished normal mode many times, never attempted hard.

Shito

Is there anything to buy with Glimmer besides guns and consumables from the gunsmith? I keep hitting the cap and I already have like 30 consumable packs. Don't know what else I can spend money on to clear out room.
Some green engrams at Rahool's?
Should make it level up a bit, at least...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm really thinking about starting a warlock on my brother's account, lol. I have all my slots taken up by my titans.

This is exactly why I thought it was dumb for people to create 3 of the same class in some heroic effort to reach level 30 faster. It's a lot of fun to switch between the three classes.

Bizazedo

Time? That cant be right.
I know it's late, but well-done on this one. Reminds me of how bad the story is, but still, well-done.

Does Bungie normally release the hot fixes on Tuesdays?

You'd think they'd do it during reset. Make it nice and tidy. But, nooo, gotta let crazy people sneak in one more cheese before us working class people do.

Damnit, Bungie, why you make me hate you.

1) GKW212 (me)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'd be down for this if you'd take another Titan (lv 29) -- Have 300 IB, Gjallarhorn, etc. and have cleared hard

If not it's cool haha

PSN T_urdburger

I don't know why strange coins are a possible reward for doing nightfall, especially if you only get like 5 of them. I got the Ahamkara exotic helm for warlocks, but a friend got the 5 strange coins... I was mostly afk in the strike and he ended up pretty much soloing it..

Lucis

i'll do Atheon checkpoint on Hard tonight if you guys need my help. I just wanna see what drops for me. I'll be defending portals.

or just push him down for that one sweet sweet last time

actually there is probably another chance to push him down for loot.

I think just like the buggy double quest, you can technically be in the atheon check point during weekly reset, die a few times, and after the reset time, exit and re-enter the raid, you will come to a new week with atheon hard check point before the patch is applied.

joecanada

Hey resource farmers, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but I'm sure most of you know already...

The chests give off a distinct sound, such that as you enter a room/cave you can immediately tell if one is hiding in there. On surround headsets it sounds like a high pitched whine like a flying saucer would give off in a sci- fi movie....

Check it out it makes the farming process way faster and easier....
Note - only tried this on mars but I'm sure it must be consistent.

1) GKW212 (me)
3) x__xo__o (29 warlock)
4) PaulKersey (29 titan)
5) T_urdburger (29 titan)
6)

Shito

I don't know why strange coins are a possible reward for doing nightfall, especially if you only get like 5 of them. I got the Ahamkara exotic helm for warlocks, but a friend got the 5 strange coins... I was mostly afk in the strike and he ended up pretty much soloing it..
I solo'ed it yesterday while my gf was serving as a "mobile checkpoint".
I made all the kills, I got 6 strange coins, she got... Ice Breaker.
It's a fair wage for her boredom, though. ^^

Raxus

I've got a checkpoint at Gatekeeper on Hard Raid. Anyone interested to give it a try before the reset? PS4
L29 Titan, add me on PSN bownser88

Some L30s would be nice since I was having a hard time staying alive to the Praetorians.
Got room for one more?

i usually just buy a chunk of green engrams from the cryptarch to level up my rep with him.

EL CUCO

Sounds good. I should be free at 7:30 exact. So either then or a bit after is good for me. I am hoping for some good drops.

-
35 strange coins with an expected 27 before Wednesday. I'm ready for you Xur.

Sounds good! With my luck, I'll get some ass energy.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This is exactly why I thought it was dumb for people to create 3 of the same class in some heroic effort to reach level 30 faster. It's a lot of fun to switch between the three classes.

I haven't really had any want to play any class besides titan until now. I didn't really like hunter or warlock while playing earlier in the game. But, now I find myself wanting to play more with nothing left to do on my titan. Also, warlock just seems really useful. I might drop one of my slots, anyway, once I get vex.

Greenymac

Hey resource farmers, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but I'm sure most of you know already...

The chests give off a distinct sound, such that as you enter a room/cave you can immediately tell if one is hiding in there. On surround headsets it sounds like a high pitched whine like a flying saucer would give off in a sci- fi movie....

Check it out it makes the farming process way faster and easier....
Note - only tried this on mars but I'm sure it must be consistent.

For this reason my friends use me like a damn bloodhound! Damn these Astros! And yes it works on every planet. The benefits having that sound advantage in a game. Priceless when used correctly.

Trakan

Wat do with all this Sapphire Wire?
10496202_308937945979632_8673458494706949543_o.jpg

I wish we could do something else with them.

realcZk

I woudnt mind a level 30 lock in there though. Where the hell is Ska and one of his 9 alts?

You have any alts left you want to roll with? We need one more.

I've already completed on all my alts, ska might have one left though. warlock is nice for self-res for the templar cheesing parts

So who's going to be online when everything refreshes tomorrow? I'd like to get the nightfall atleast twice (maybe 3 times if I can get my titan to 27 before tomorrow) on my main and alt as soon as it pops up, maybe run it back to back if I can find 2 other people with no life. I could probably solo it since I can solo every strike by now but it'll be less stressfull with other people there. I'd also be looking to raid afterwards, 3 normal raids and one hard probably so I need a team for that is anyone running tomorrow after refresh?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
An interesting side effect of Bungie's decision to not put matchmaking for raids is that I am now taking more notice of people's chosen PSN names. I was going to add a guy from destinylfg but his user name was just too long/complicated. Pick something easy and fast, people!

Sergoes

The thing is, it's really easy to gear up when you have more than one of the same class. Having one 29 means having two 29's. Even if you hit 30 and have that extra class sitting the back, when it comes time for an expansion, you'll be able to do the same thing again and receive gear a lot faster, reducing the time to gear by weeks, and also receive greater mastery of that class. Since you're sharing gear you'll use less ascendant shards, allowing you to have a stock to use for new gear acquired, and you'll have more of those class specific upgrade items since you'll be likely acquiring more greens and blues relevant to the class you were playing at the time.

I say this having had 1 of each class then deleting one to make a second Warlock. I think I'll probably keep the 3rd slot for variety since having two slots of the same classes seems to speed up the receipt of gear well enough. The grind to make a new character really isn't that bad if you just are going for the daily bounties consistently.

Yah if it's coins it needs to drop 13, so it's kind of like an exotic.
For the new page:

So who's going to be online when everything refreshes tomorrow? I'd like to get the nightfall atleast twice (maybe 3 times if I can get my titan to 27 before tomorrow) on my main and alt as soon as it pops up, maybe run it back to back if I can find 2 other people with no life. I could probably solo it since I can solo every strike by now but it'll be less stressfull with other people there. I'd also be looking to raid afterwards, 3 normal raids and one hard probably so I need a team for that. Is anyone running tomorrow sometime soon after refresh? Hit me up on psn YzeNup

forrest

formerly nacire
Watch the DLC introduce a completely new currency for purchasing new exotics.

I'm guessing each expansion/DLC will have it's own set of currency, otherwise you would just burn through the content that much faster with what you've accumulated. I'm curious to see how they handle character level's, armor, weapons, etc. in the long term.

rNilla

Wish people would realise it's easier to kill all the enemies in Phogoth's chamber before actually releasing him :(

Word.

"Hey guys let's clear ou--oh, nevermind."

I'm guessing each expansion/DLC will have it's own set of currency, otherwise you would just burn through the content that much faster with what you've accumulated. I'm curious to see how they handle character level's, armor, weapons, etc. in the long term.

Yeah, given how much of a grind things are now I have to imagine this will be the case to keep that in place.

Got room for one more?
Yes sir I do!

I'll give it a go if you still have room (was in a similar situation yesterday) - 29 def titan PSN Kinezo
Added you!

Id go with you a bit later this evening, 29 Warlock here w/ 300 Gjallarhorn

Make sure you get a titan or two

Edit: PSN is T_urdburger
Added you too!

4 in, 2 to go.

Turdburger, you mean later as in how many hours from now? Just to know.

So who's going to be online when everything refreshes tomorrow? I'd like to get the nightfall atleast twice (maybe 3 times if I can get my titan to 27 before tomorrow) on my main and alt as soon as it pops up, maybe run it back to back if I can find 2 other people with no life. I could probably solo it since I can solo every strike by now but it'll be less stressfull with other people there. I'd also be looking to raid afterwards, 3 normal raids and one hard probably so I need a team for that is anyone running tomorrow after refresh?

That would be me, see you at patch hour then? PSN: Jignxs

PS4? I might be around tomorrow during the day (EST) to run Nightfall. PSN: UnionCarbine

No.

NOOOOO!

You can't do that; you have to complete that bounty. Come on, man.

GAME OF THORNS

We all pack Thorns in Crucible and lay waste, it'll be so hilarious and awesome and we can't do that unless everybody has a Thorn and if you give up that bounty then you hate children.

Or something.

Give it a bit more :p

If I was on the other team I would quit that match. Constantly getting shot by a couple rounds and then watching my health slowly leech away and eventually killing me would make me rage like nothing else.

Actually it still wouldn't bother me as much as the snipers in this game since using hand cannons actually takes skill instead of hiding across the whole map and shooting someone in the foot for a one shot kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom