• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

I don't mind the loot system. RNGesus is a fickle cunt sometimes, but I do kinda love that there's an ever present chance of receiving some game changing drop, be it from a level 6 dreg or level 28 major.

My problem is the lack of challenging daily activities to undertake. Even just a Hard Patrol mode or lvl 28+ strike playlist would do this game wonders. I still very much want to play everyday, but 5/7 days of the week there's simply nothing to do that offers both a challenge and potential rewards. Lately, sometimes I log on and just end up checking out people's characters in the tower.

Tekku

Interesting new video from Datto about exotics and how easy it is to acquire them: http://youtu.be/XbTmcyUDi08

I agree with a lot about it and I've been thinking about it everytime Xur goes up or when someone gets an exotic randomly from PvP. There's no sense of accomplishment at all and I couldn't care less about what people are using or wearing. I always think "oh yeah, he bought that like everyone else". Suros being the prime example. Nothing significant about that rifle, it could just as well have been a blue weapon type.

Exotic bounties are a great idea but they should be hard as hell. Or at least challenges that took dedication and a lot of time to accomplish. I actually like the Thorn bounty, even though it's not the greatest. But it makes me think that the people using it actually took their time to go through something rather challenging.

westtrade

Neo Member
I have the Atheon hard mode checkpoint. Looking for any one (lvl 28 or higher) who wants to join and defeat him quickly by any means. I will be online at 6:45 est. My PSN is westtrade. Send me a friend invite and lets get this done.

breakfuss

I will be cheesing like a mofo tonight. No shame. My alt is leveled up just enough to get in on normal atheon. Hopefully have some armor drop from that so I can go back and complete the whole thing legitimately.

And, no, this post is not a roundabout way of asking someone here to help me.......

outsida

Thorn is so much better than people think it is. If you're someone who knows the maps and don't rush into fights with multiple people you can really do damage with it in PVP. I just started using it in PVP, it's upgraded just past the DOT perk and I'm getting kills from fleeing enimies and assists like crazy.

FrankT

Heh I've finished the raid like 5 times normal 3 times hard.

Zero raid gear but I did get vex....the week they destroyed it.

That's probably right at about what I have done. At least I have comfort they are buffing back for PVE which is all I play.

patchday

I've seen it a few times but people complaining about the "loot system" is very strange to me.

The game is up and down nearly an MMO in all of its game mechanics...

and coming from an MMO, the "loot system" is exactly how it should be. It's not Diablo where you're just swimming in loot. It's all about just doing the end game content and hoping you get the drop you want (without worrying about splitting the loot up amongst others).

I don't understand how folks can defend this broken loot system. I am tired of trying to get 'wires' for my Hunter. For those that don't know, when Hunters dismantle their armor we get wires.

Problem is the stupid game refuses to spawn Green orbs for me to dismantle. This is bullshit

My friends are dropping this game left & right. Thankfully, may fellow gaffers are sticking with this game so I still have company. You guys make this game fun (not Bungie)

Now everything else about the loot system might be normal MMO fare. It's even more generous I'd say. But it is messed up I am not getting crappy greens at the very least to dismantle. Broken!!!

Acorn

That really sucks and is why leveling should not be linked with RNG. I got my chest, gloves and boots by my fifth normal raid. It sucks for others who haven't gotten their gear
Pisses me off.

Wish there was more than 1 place to get the drops since you only get 1/2 chances a week.

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
2) Kor_of_Memory (29 titan)
3) x__xo__o (29 warlock)
4) PaulKersey (29 titan)
5) T_urdburger (29 titan)
6)

Haha 4 Titans. Bye gatekeeper.

Interesting new video from Datto about exotics and how easy it is to acquire them: http://youtu.be/XbTmcyUDi08

I agree with a lot about it and I've been thinking about it everytime Xur goes up or when someone gets an exotic randomly from PvP. There's no sense of accomplishment at all and I couldn't care less about what people are using or wearing. I always think "oh yeah, he bought that like everyone else". Suros being the prime example. Nothing significant about that rifle, it could just as well have been a blue weapon type.

Exotic bounties are a great idea but they should be hard as hell. Or at least challenges that took dedication and a lot of time to accomplish. I actually like the Thorn bounty, even though it's not the greatest. But it makes me think that the people using it actually took their time to go through something rather challenging.

Yup, watched this earlier today. Eloquently lays out the contradictions and issues with endgame loot.

Ironically, the next Youtube vid in my subscriptions was "Destiny Vault Of Glass The Raid Where The Gear Actually Drops" and the caption pic said "Raid #17".

Daemul

Talking about aiming, there needs to be an option to reduce the ridiculous amount of aim assist in this game. I'm sick and tired, of being a couple of shots away from killing someone in PvP, only for another person to run in front of my gun, and the reticle to follow them instead, leading to the person I was about to kill, killing me instead. Without that damn aim assist I would have killed the guy I was facing then turned and killed the guy who crossed my path, but I ended up with zero kills instead. It's bullshit.

Other console shooters give us the option to turn this shit off, or at least greatly reduce it, so Bungie pls, add it in.

Alright kids. After attempting to get a group together on destinylfg (lots of shady characters on there looking for money), I have decided to come here instead. My regular group has already run through hard for the week but I still have to do it.

So, tonight, 7pm ET, 6pm CT, I'd like to do a run through of the raid on hard on PS4.

Me: level 29 defender titan, completed the normal raid a few times and have cleared the gatekeeper part on hard. Will need an experienced team to help me out. I come with Hawkmoon, maxed Shadow Price, Ice Breaker, raid RL among other weapons.

If you are interested, please hit me back on this thread and I'll get a list together.Give me your PSN ID, level, and subclass and I'll hit you back with an FR. First come, first served with a preference to experienced level 30s.

1) GKW212 (me)
2) Kor_of_Memory (29 titan)
3) x__xo__o (29 warlock)
4) PaulKersey (29 titan)
5) T_urdburger (29 titan)
6)Kuppii930 (29 hunter)

Should be interesting without any level 30s...

EDIT: As you can see, we're full. Just wanted to let those that have a spot know about it.

Ramirez

Thorn is so much better than people think it is. If you're someone who knows the maps and don't rush into fights with multiple people you can really do damage with it in PVP. I just started using it in PVP, it's upgraded just past the DOT perk and I'm getting kills from fleeing enimies and assists like crazy.

It really achieves nothing that you can't get better out of a 12-13 round HC, the DoT is nice, but I'll take 6 more bullets and probably a faster reload on some random lucky blue. The Devil You Know shits on it from a far height, and has great perks straight from the vendor.

I don't understand how folks can defend this broken loot system. I am tired of trying to get 'wires' for my Hunter. For those that don't know, when Hunters dismantle their armor we get wires.

Problem is the stupid game refuses to spawn Green orbs for me to dismantle. This is bullshit

My friends are dropping this game left & right. Thankfully, may fellow gaffers are sticking with this game so I still have company. You guys make this game fun (not Bungie)

Now everything else about the loot system might be normal MMO fare. It's even more generous I'd say. But it is messed up I am not getting crappy greens at the very least to dismantle. Broken!!!

Do strikes, you get plenty of engrams during and after...I have close to a 1,000 wire, wish they'd add some kind of material exchange.

So my Destiny conundrum:

I just unlocked all the slots on my Raid Chest and I have the exact amount of shards needed to max it out which would make me lvl 30. The problem is I want Praxic Fire and I don't know how long it'll take to get another 21 shards. I have this gut feeling Praxic will be there this weekend too. I'm thinking just stay put and collect shards and if I get it to the point where I could max both chests, go ahead and do it. I might be far more tempted if Xur doesn't bring Praxic this weekend... I think he will though, too soon to bring Sunbreakers back yet, did helmet last weekend and the other chest the one before, no exotic boots for lock...Surely it's Praxic's turn to shine!

outsida

It really achieves nothing that you can't get better out of a 12-13 round HC, the DoT is nice, but I'll take 6 more bullets and probably a faster reload on some random lucky blue. The Devil You Know shits on it from a far height, and has great perks straight from the vendor.
I've been doing great with it without needing extra shots. My post wasn't saying it was the best HC in the game simply that it's better than I was lead to believe reading posts about it. I have and prefer The Last Word to it but I was pretty suprised that it wasn't absolute garbage in PVP.

..I always think "oh yeah, he bought that like everyone else". Suros being the prime example. Nothing significant about that rifle, it could just as well have been a blue weapon type.
Except not everyone bought it. I got mine last week as a raid reward-- it's certainly in the eye of the user. And I like Xur as an option when you really want something but it doesn't drop. It's good to know I've got a shot at the Gjallerhorn if it shows up at Xur again because I could go forever without it dropping naturally for me.

E92 M3

So my Destiny conundrum:

I just unlocked all the slots on my Raid Chest and I have the exact amount of shards needed to max it out which would make me lvl 30. The problem is I want Praxic Fire and I don't know how long it'll take to get another 21 shards. I have this gut feeling Praxic will be there this weekend too. I'm thinking just stay put and collect shards and if I get it to the point where I could max both chests, go ahead and do it. I might be far more tempted if Xur doesn't bring Praxic this weekend... I think he will though, too soon to bring Sunbreakers back yet, did helmet last weekend and the other chest the one before, no exotic boots for lock...Surely it's Praxic's turn to shine!

Wait it out - your raid chest isn't going anywhere. I am not equipping mines due to aesthetic reasons.

Ramirez

I've been doing great with it without needing extra shots. My post wasn't saying it was the best HC in the game simply that it's better than I was lead to believe reading posts about it. I have and prefer The Last Word to it but I was pretty suprised that it wasn't absolute garbage in PVP.

But why gimp yourself? It's still not going to make you as effective as a ton of other options in the game.

hitlerat

I know its sux to ask for that, but I want badly leave lvl 28, so...

Looking for the hard atheon checkpoint/ cheese mode ...
PSN Ganryu_GDM

Except not everyone bought it. I got mine last week as a raid reward-- it's certainly in the eye of the user. And I like Xur as an option when you really want something but it doesn't drop. It's good to know I've got a shot at the Gjallerhorn if it shows up at Xur again because I could go forever without it dropping naturally for me.

What about this... Xur sells exotic bounties. That way you still have to earn it, but you get to bypass RNG in a way.

Everyone who bought Suros, would now also be required to really earn it.

Nightz

Anyone for the weekly strike at 26? Want to take my alt through it.

Or if anyone wants to carry it through the nightfall, that'd be great too. ;)

outsida

But why gimp yourself? It's still not going to make you as effective as a ton of other options in the game.
I had a similar back in forth in one of the other threads about Super Good Advice. I'm not one of those players who has to have "the best gun" I use the other guns because I find them interesting and they force me to play differently. I find the game less monotonous when I do this. Also my KDR was about the same using Thorn so I don't really feel like I was gimping myself.

Quazar

Question about public events. Do you only get ascendent materials once from each one? I haven't got any in like 7/8 events. Was trying to farm them, went good at first. But now I never get anything.

zlatko

Banned
I have more exotics than I know what to do with. Today I played 1 match of crucible, and got the Truth. Glad I never bought it from Xur---didn't need to since I had Ballerhorn already.

Only exotic I want or care about left is Hawkmoon or The Last Word.

Scout rifle buff is nice. Vision of confluence does great work in MP. I tried using Mida instead, but that auto fire mode for Vision sets a notch above honestly for MP purposes. Using Vision over any auto rifles I have.

I have Vex Mytho on the ready though whenever this new patch hits tomorrow. Maybe it'll be on par with current Suros for MP so I can use it over my Vision.

Melchiah

It's total bullshit the exotic bounties involve playing several PVP matches, which is something I'm never going to do. I deleted the whole goddam bounty. I wish I had known beforehand what it involved, so I wouldn't have had to waste my time on those five Strikes it gave me first. I truly loathe how Bungie is trying to force PVE players to enter the PVP battlefield by also locking five of the vendors out of their reach.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I might have pushed atheon off with a hunter. a titan was with me and had stuff out but I think I did the last push. Land mine grenade.

Do the slow roll version where you lure Atheon to the correct spot, and he stands still when he teleports. Then the grenade team waits next to atheon (ignore gates and harpies) and Relic team clears the oracles and is left in past/future while the grenade team has unlimited grenades and titan supers for 30 seconds. The titan got him pretty far but I'm sure it was my land mine grenades that made him step off the edge at the end. Also sure it made him step back before hand too.

thanks to whoever posted that video in the last thread of 'hiding in the rocks below for perfect positioning.' That part never really worked for me (I lure a different way) but the unlimited supers/grenades thing for 30 seconds is the only way I got my teams to cheese. 3times now (and one where I gave up because the team was full of 100% cheesers that couldn't do oracles AND couldn't cheese as they always had someone else cheese for them wtf)?

EL CUCO

Question about public events. Do you only get ascendent materials once from each one? I haven't got any in like 7/8 events. Was trying to farm them, went good at first. But now I never get anything.

It's completely random. In 20 PE's that I farmed, I only got ass matts 3 times.

patchday

Do strikes, you get plenty of engrams during and after...I have close to a 1,000 wire, wish they'd add some kind of material exchange.

I try to avoid strikes. I wished Crucible granted more green loot. It's like god damn Bungie I am L27. I just want some greens from crucible, world mobs, & raid. Don't force me into strikes :(

For new page.

Need a good team for hard raid gatekeeper checkpoint, would like to finish before the reset, don't care if we cheese Atheon after, there will be lots of time to do it the normal way after the patch, just want to finish it today.

PSN babyghost853.

Ramirez

I had a similar back in forth in one of the other threads about Suoer Good Advice. I'm not one of those players who has to have "the best gun" I use the other guns because I find them interesting and they force me to play differently. I find the game less monotonous when I do this. Also my KDR was about the same using Thorn so I don't really feel like I was gimping myself.

Hey, whatever works.

I try to avoid strikes. I wished Crucible granted more green loot. It's like god damn Bungie I am L27. I just want some greens from crucible, world mobs, & raid. Don't force me into strikes :(

Buy them from the vendors? Strikes take like 10-15 mins at 27, hell of a lot more efficient than farming Crucible.

It's total bullshit the exotic bounties involve playing several PVP matches, which is something I'm never going to do. I deleted the whole goddam bounty. I wish I had known beforehand what it involved, so I wouldn't have had to waste my time on those five Strikes it gave me first. I truly loathe how Bungie is trying to force PVE players to enter the PVP battlefield by also locking five of the vendors out of their reach.

eyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

although I like this one person's reasoning with the 5 vendors. You can farm 100+ materials an hour and just do non-stop turns ins for your crucible rep/marks and never touch PVP. If you're good enough to do 150+ mats an hour it's better/faster than pvp (not including pvp bounties for rep)

eyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

although I like this one person's reasoning with the 5 vendors. You can farm 100+ materials an hour and just do non-stop turns ins for your crucible rep/marks and never touch PVP. If you're good enough to do 150+ mats an hour it's better/faster than pvp (not including pvp bounties for rep)

There a way to do 150+ an hour? I just put on two episodes of Blackadder and got 100 in about an hour, but getting some even faster would be nice.

kidko

Doing the pub event circuit in Cosmodrome usually nets me a decent pile of greens and a few blues. Especially if the "enemies are moving against each other" pops in Skywatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom