• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Hey, whatever works.

Buy them from the vendors? Strikes take like 10-15 mins at 27, hell of a lot more efficient than farming Crucible.

Vendors get expensive fast since they charge 400 glimmer.

I dont enjoy the normal Bungie missions since most boss is just a big massive bullet sponge. So strikes is like <puke>

Yeah I just need to farm glimmer

Melchiah

eyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

although I like this one person's reasoning with the 5 vendors. You can farm 100+ materials an hour and just do non-stop turns ins for your crucible rep/marks and never touch PVP. If you're good enough to do 150+ mats an hour it's better/faster than pvp (not including pvp bounties for rep)

I didn't know that you can turn materials into Crucible marks. Doing the cave rounds isn't what I consider fun though. However, It doesn't change the fact, that exotic weapon bounties are out of PVE players' reach.

Ramirez

Vendors get expensive fast since they charge 400 glimmer.

I dont enjoy the normal Bungie missions since most boss is just a big massive bullet sponge. So strikes is like <puke>

Yeah I just need to farm glimmer

The only boss I consider a bullet sponge once you hit 27-29 is the Cabal leader, and even then, getting a Weapons of Light buff, they still go down pretty fast.

NastyBook

Love new Defender Titans on Raid dropping their Bubble right on top of the Relic Holder bubble, negating all damage to be done to Atheon

Put it in the back, you should know by now what the Bubble is used for and what it can and can't let you do
I pop mine about with about 3-4 seconds left of Vengeance Time just in case some people don't jump out of the way fast enough to not get vaporized by Atheon.

GhaleonEB

The only boss I consider a bullet sponge once you hit 27-29 is the Cabal leader, and even then, getting a Weapons of Light buff, they still go down pretty fast.

This is doing nothing to motivate me to reach that level. They're agonizing at level 20. :lol

Wait it out - your raid chest isn't going anywhere. I am not equipping mines due to aesthetic reasons.

Yeah I don't have any real reason to rush to 30 so think I'll just be patient. I'm high enough to do Hard Mode Raid and I don't even have a reason to do Raid anymore outside of helping friends so it's really not a big deal. Actually, I need to get those trophies in there eventually, tough to get a group of all Clan to do it.

For new page.

Need a good team for hard raid gatekeeper checkpoint, would like to finish before the reset, don't care if we cheese Atheon after, there will be lots of time to do it the normal way after the patch, just want to finish it today.

PSN babyghost853.

I'd like to get yesterday's group back together but right now it's only you and Anddo online. Where's the rest of the crew?

patchday

I did 1 strike when my Hunter was L25. Wish I remembered the name. But the mission spawned a crap ton of those little psi monsters. Each one was a bullet sponge. It sucked :(

Now maybe we were all just dumb and were not using the proper damage types. I do have a void autorifle now so maybe I'd get them down.

But back then I didn't have raid loots so it was just pain & suffering

Mrgamer

Anyone up for a hard raid and dont mind me tagging along?Have experience with relic and cheesing templar and atheon.will be online in an hour time.

v1br4t1ons ps4 level 29 warlock.

eyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

although I like this one person's reasoning with the 5 vendors. You can farm 100+ materials an hour and just do non-stop turns ins for your crucible rep/marks and never touch PVP. If you're good enough to do 150+ mats an hour it's better/faster than pvp (not including pvp bounties for rep)

its not hard getting the crucible marks. but getting the rep?????? is there a plausible way to hit level 2 in a week without playing crucible. Becuase I would like to have 200 marks a week I can spend on legendary gear for shards?

Ramirez

This is doing nothing to motivate me to reach that level. They're agonizing at level 20. :lol

It's a hard climb if you don't enjoy the entire game, I agree. But he's already there, so Strikes are definitely the most efficient way of obtaining engrams for him. Well, unless you enjoy sitting in front of some spawn location, but that's not for me.

jeffc919

It's total bullshit the exotic bounties involve playing several PVP matches, which is something I'm never going to do. I deleted the whole goddam bounty. I wish I had known beforehand what it involved, so I wouldn't have had to waste my time on those five Strikes it gave me first. I truly loathe how Bungie is trying to force PVE players to enter the PVP battlefield by also locking five of the vendors out of their reach.

By the same token, they're forcing PvP players to do PvE to do most/all the exotic bounties, hunting for materials to level up all legendary/exotic weapons, to get gear to reach level 30, and to get the Raid exclusive weapons. So, I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that it cuts both ways, and arguably even worse for the PvP-centric player.

Namikaze1

Tomorrow I'll have three characters ready to do Nightfall and Weekly. Please be Venus (Vex). Please be Venus (Vex).

It's gonna be Summoning Pits ;__;

Cømet

Banned
Still having trouble reading messages on psn. Plus more random disconnects all day! Wonderful.

Picked up Exodus Plan from a legendary engram (DO launcher). Some nice perks on it, glad to have proximity detonation. Very impressive stats too. With any luck the nightfall this week'll be arc and I can get some good use in with it.

Melchiah

By the same token, they're forcing PvP players to do PvE to do most/all the exotic bounties, hunting for materials to level up all legendary/exotic weapons, to get gear to reach level 30, and to get the Raid exclusive weapons. So, I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that it cuts both ways, and arguably even worse for the PvP-centric player.

Yeah, it goes that way too. The shitty thing is, that the game didn't inform in any way what the second stage of the bounty was. If had known, I wouldn't have done those five low level Devil's Lair strikes in order to beat them without dying once, as I usually play the Tiger strikes. That's about two hours for nothing.

Tomorrow I'll have three characters ready to do Nightfall and Weekly. Please be Venus (Vex). Please be Venus (Vex).

It's gonna be Summoning Pits ;__;

just be happy it cant be the dust palace.
Summoning Pits
is the shortest strike I think. problem there is no real hidy spot. the door maybe....

kuppy

Dang, what happened to the strike playlists?
Half the time it takes at least one player around five minutes till s/he touches the controller.
People are constantly just staying way behind using their icebreaker to force their way through it. And oh, therefore they wouldn't even think about leaving their position to revive someone.
Also shouldn't people die way less once they hit level 29, some where just dropping like flies against 24 enemies.

Did matchmaking just end me up with edge cases or is this the new normal?

Namikaze1

Anyone doing a full normal raid run on PS4? Got a level 27 Sunsinger Warlock with maxed out Vision of Confluence, maxed out Ice Breaker, maxed out Gjallahorn, near maxed out Corrosive Measure, etc. ready for action. I have beaten the raid on both difficulties multiple times just never with this character.

Fixed1979

Is anyone planning on doing Atheon tonight (anytime in 2 hours or more) on normal or hard? Cheese or not I'd like to get him done before the reset tomorrow morning. lvl30 Titan

Namikaze1

just be happy it cant be the dust palace.
Summoning Pits
is the shortest strike I think. problem there is no real hidy spot. the door maybe....
Door is what we used last time. Focus fire on Phogoth, run back when Shrieker shows up, wait for enemies to disappear, rinse and repeat.

ethomaz

Banned
If you don't mind a level 28 I'm down to join. I beat the hard raid twice without cheesing. (Though I'm not lactose intolerant)
Cool. I had some issue at work so I just get free now.

I will try to be online and find a group in around 30 minutes.

Mrgamer

Anyone doing a full normal raid run on PS4? Got a level 27 Sunsinger Warlock with maxed out Vision of Confluence, maxed out Ice Breaker, maxed out Gjallahorn, near maxed out Corrosive Measure, etc. ready for action. I have beaten the raid on both difficulties multiple times just never with this character.
I.ll be up for it tomorrow.

Psn v1br4t1ons.

I've got a few ready for normal raid now if you want to join.

Cømet

Banned
Half the time it takes at least one player around five minutes till s/he touches the controller.
People are constantly just staying way behind using their icebreaker to force their way through it. And oh, therefore they wouldn't even think about leaving their position to revive someone.
Also shouldn't people die way less once they hit level 29, some where just dropping like flies against 24 enemies.

Today has been the first day I've seen AFKers in strike playlist. Loads of them, doing sweet f all and leaving when I and, usually, the other guy refuse to move ahead without them. Fuck these people.

The problem you're seeing is probably down to shitty players lucking out on RNG and getting decent gear/relying heavily on Xur, pulling them through to levels they have no right to really occupy.

blazeuk

They really need to add something to kick people from strikes, even if it's the system which has to give the option first based on proximity of players or something, it's annoying having someone just stand around at the start or wander off and do their own thing while they benefit from the other 2 people doing the strike. Usually I just quit out when it happens but it shouldn't even be a thing.

For new page.

Need a good team for hard raid gatekeeper checkpoint, would like to finish before the reset, don't care if we cheese Atheon after, there will be lots of time to do it the normal way after the patch, just want to finish it today.

PSN babyghost853.

If you guys need someone I have a 29 Titan also at that checkpoint. PSN same as GAF

jeffc919

I'm game for a normal raid in about an hour. I still haven't done it this week (beyond opening the door) and would like to before the reset. Pretty sure you're already on my friends list since your name looks familiar but if not, I'm jeffc_76 on PSN. Shoot me an invite if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom