• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

tumblr_n9tfdtf5zg1tqg3y7o1_500.gif

That is exactly how its going to happen!

EL CUCO

Did everything work out with the checkpoint? My bad since I'm rushing I didn't read your message through. I didn't send you all to orbit with me right?

And I'm done for the night, did 3 raids and 3 nightfall. No exotic gear, no raid armor. Brilliant.

Yeah thanks. We stayed in there but I took off after you did. I left him in there with someone else.

And yeah my Nightfall Lgnd weapon was quickly dismantled for 3 ass energy :/

todd360

What the hell is a senpai?

Senpai: Someone who will never notice you.
Wow! I hope senpai notices me this year!

Senpai (先輩?) and kōhai (後輩?) are terms applied to the mentor system in wide use in Japanese culture, which is often found at all levels of education, and in sports clubs, businesses, and informal or social organizations. The relationship is an essential element of Japanese seniority-based status relationships, similar to the way that family and other relationships are decided based on age, in which even twins may be divided into elder and younger siblings. The senpai is roughly equivalent to the Western concept of a mentor, while kōhai is roughly equivalent to protégé, though they do not imply as strong a relationship as these words mean in the West. More simply, these may be translated as senior and junior, or as an elder compared with someone younger in the family/company/organization; the terms are used more widely than a true mentor/protégé in the West and are applied to all members of one group that are senior (the senpai) to all the members of another group (the kōhai). There is usually no average separation in age between a senpai and his or her kōhai.

A junior student will often refer to elder and more high class students as "senpai", and alumni will often refer to alumni from earlier classes as "senpai". This holds true particularly if events bring them together later on, such as joining the same company, serving on a board together, or simply being in a club or parent's organization at the same time.

ZangBa

Senpai: Someone who will never notice you.
Wow! I hope senpai notices me this year!

Senpai (先輩?) and kōhai (後輩?) are terms applied to the mentor system in wide use in Japanese culture, which is often found at all levels of education, and in sports clubs, businesses, and informal or social organizations. The relationship is an essential element of Japanese seniority-based status relationships, similar to the way that family and other relationships are decided based on age, in which even twins may be divided into elder and younger siblings. The senpai is roughly equivalent to the Western concept of a mentor, while kōhai is roughly equivalent to protégé, though they do not imply as strong a relationship as these words mean in the West. More simply, these may be translated as senior and junior, or as an elder compared with someone younger in the family/company/organization; the terms are used more widely than a true mentor/protégé in the West and are applied to all members of one group that are senior (the senpai) to all the members of another group (the kōhai). There is usually no average separation in age between a senpai and his or her kōhai.

A junior student will often refer to elder and more high class students as "senpai", and alumni will often refer to alumni from earlier classes as "senpai". This holds true particularly if events bring them together later on, such as joining the same company, serving on a board together, or simply being in a club or parent's organization at the same time.

You people and your anime, I swear.

Palmer_v1

29 Defender looking for normal raid tonight! Maybe hard mode but my weapons aren't as great as they should be.

PSN is ThisStoreSucks

Yeah thanks. We stayed in there but I took off after you did. I left him in there with someone else.

And yeah my Nightfall Lgnd weapon was quickly dismantled for 3 ass energy :/

No problem man, you have helped me out a lot of times so it's nothing to return the favor. Same. I got some ass shards for my weapon. Is there any exotic weapon you are hoping for?

Sorry, if you still need tonight, please send me a psn message. I'm not able to check the thread as much as usual at the moment

Any reason you haven't been that active bro? I hope all is well, your guides have helped me a lot with Destiny. Level 28 with a clear idea of what weapons I want to get.

lupin23rd

As I've already tweeted to him, Datto is a hardcore player who makes a living off of playing Destiny anyway. He's an extreme minority (I called him the .1%) so no wonder he wants cool gear to be even more rare or exclusive. He would barely even be affected by such changes. People who play Destiny more occasionally shouldn't be affected or required to grind or work even more to feel powerful or amazing.

It's an interesting problem. As someone who thinks RNGesus is against him even after 130 hours, I agree there can't be any changes to make it harder to get good loot.

At the same time though, I do agree with the premise that a lot of these weapons don't really feel special because they drop after you AFK a crucible match for a bit, or you can just buy from xur. I don't want to see those avenues removed, but there should be a sense of accomplishment in getting stuff like with the mythoclast. There should be more exotic bounties, getting the bounties should be more clearly defined, and maybe like thorn they should be varied and not a cake walk (although then we have to deal with pve vs pvp tasks in the bounties because not everyone is good at both). Maybe Xur should sell bounties? Maybe tasks like clearing x strikes or x strikes without dying or whatever should trigger bounties? Maybe we need a mythic weapon class that is hard to get?

Dankul

Sorry, if you still need tonight, please send me a psn message. I'm not able to check the thread as much as usual at the moment

Have started or still have room for 1 more? I have a lvl 26 defender alt with void weapons and need some help. PSN:Dankul

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Anyone running hard raid from beginning? I completed just the Atheon checkpoint.. I'm a 29 sunsinger

todd360

Having a senpai is a wondrous feeling you guyz. Will RNGesus-senpai notice me today? I get butterflys in my stomach just thinking about it.

Hey guys,

Would someone be willing to carry my alt 25 Titan through the Nightfall? I would appreciate it very much and would be happy to carry someone else's alt through it with my 29 Warlock to return the favor. PS4 PSN: ScareGoat

E92 M3

Bought Cosmic Joke cloak and regret nothing! Love the wolf and the joke - sucks it cost me 50 motes overall, but that's life.

Iceman829

About to get on and start doing the weekly heroic on 28 and the nightfall on my last alternate before the turnover. If anyone wants to join in send me a message.

XB1. Gt- Iceman829

OK so our first attempt at the hard raid was derailed because the fireteam leader had the atheon checkpoint...now I'm stuck with it.

So I can do a fresh run with another team leader or just the atheon checkpoint.. Either way I'd like to beat it before reset/patch. Level 29/30 only. PSN is StrongBlackVine9.

EL CUCO

No problem man, you have helped me out a lot of times so it's nothing to return the favor. Same. I got some ass shards for my weapon. Is there any exotic weapon you are hoping for?

I got my eye on one of those fancy Lgnd HC that I can use when I'm not rocking the Thorn.

I'll take anything that's in Yellow though. Add to my collection if I dont already have it.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
OK so our first attempt at the hard raid was derailed because the fireteam leader had the atheon checkpoint...now I'm stuck with it.

So I can do a fresh run with another team leader or just the atheon checkpoint.. Either way I'd like to beat it before reset/patch. Level 29/30 only. PSN is StrongBlackVine9.

I'll join. Need a fresh run

ethomaz

Banned

I'm open to a fresh run too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom