• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupin23rd

Ah what the hell, have a level 29 warlock and down for helping cheese Atheon if anyone needs an extra (never done it myself before tho) - PSN is lupin23rd (PS4)

Lakitu

st5fu
So, my cat decided to have a shit on my bed. And my radiator is leaking. Thus I'm up early. Any good solo Summoning Pits methods?

b1tcrusher

Neo Member
You know, after really getting poor (or no) drops from strikes and weeklys, I decided to just go full on Vanguard. I grinded that bastard hard - got rank 2, bought legendary. Kept on grinding and boom - rank 3 - bought my first legendary primary weapon (The Devil you know).

Can't help but feel I'm a bit of a working class legendary wearer now! I took my time, invested it in grinding and now I finally get to reap the rewards. No more RNG, no more Rahool - just good ol' fashioned work. Sometimes I even enjoyed it! The world event farming routes are great.

Now I'm ready for the raid - just hit 28 and I got a bad ass pistol, purples everywhere and a helm I bought off Xúr.

You know, after really getting poor (or no) drops from strikes and weeklys, I decided to just go full on Vanguard. I grinded that bastard hard - got rank 2, bought legendary. Kept on grinding and boom - rank 3 - bought my first legendary primary weapon (The Devil you know).

Can't help but feel I'm a bit of a working class legendary wearer now! I took my time, invested it in grinding and now I finally get to reap the rewards. No more RNG, no more Rahool - just good ol' fashioned work. Sometimes I even enjoyed it! The world event farming routes are great.

Now I'm ready for the raid - just hit 28 and I got a bad ass pistol, purples everywhere and a helm I bought off Xúr.

I started off buying my legendary gear. Eventually you will get some e good drops.

FV is damn good. Damn, damn good... damn. Great for the raid with oracle bonus damage, full auto fire is fast, and good legendary shotty for PvP to keep your exotic slot open.

"Keep your exotic slot open" sounds very unfortunate when taken out of context.

Damn that does sound great. I used the Grim Citizen + Invective combo in PVP but, since I got the Suros, have been looking for a good legendary replacement for it.

Hope I can get it in the raid after the reset.

Sergoes

When they fix the exploit on atheon this thread is going to be a ghost town.

I'm probably in the very small minority, but I actually enjoyed the fight back when people did it legitimately. It's actually pretty well designed. I think people will freak out more when the people that get teleported becomes completely random.

Yeah, should finish the Crucible PVP part today and then I'll go for Xyur later. Plus it's going to be today's nightfall I think.
Well I almost soloed it as a 27 hunter, but died at the end because I got greedy trying to kill xyor. It was the hardest thing I've done in the game up to this point

what level are you? And which class?

I'm probably in the very small minority, but I actually enjoyed the fight back when people did it legitimately. It's actually pretty well designed. I think people will freak out more when the people that get teleported becomes completely random.

I agree about enjoying the fight when done legit. You need a strong team on hard mode that has the DPS but there's a fun rhythm to the fight when done correctly. Everything in its right place.

So I got to lvl 20 yesterday, immediately tried the heroic mission on Ishtar, alone. Almost got an heart attack at the end as I was nearly dying. And my reward? A blue engram which turned into some material. Why don't you get rewards depending on the accomplishment for doing it solo? I mean only one thing as reward at the end?

After that I tried the Moon Strike via the Strike playlist with two different teams, it is stated as lvl 20 and difficulty normal, then why is it so hard as fuck? The boss wiped our first group out for four times! With lots of dying and reviving we accomplished it to kill him with the second group in 'just' half an hour.
We were two lvl 20s and one lvl 21, all with kinda good gear, I guess.

The reward? A blue lvl 18 helmet for a lvl 20 strike, am I the only one thinking that this doesn't match?

And to add some more things to my rant here are some suggestions I would wish Bungie would add to the game:

- flashlight toggle (sometimes really really hard to see shit)
- a map (still can't understand why it wasn't implemented from the beginning)
- an indicator how far the point of interest is away (like it shows you when you are on patrol and searching for a mission to get)
- stats list, where I can follow the progress for the grimoire cards

I guess it sounds like I hate the game, but I do not, I think it's way better then all the reviewers make you to believe! I'm actually having quite the blast with it, even more as I had in the alpha and beta.

If there is a Gaf Destiny guild who needs a new member I would appreciate an invite :)

TTG

I think the scout rifle crucible experiment has come to an end for me and it's not a fault with balance, the maps just put the scout user at a disadvantage far too often. If I had to narrow it down further, it seems that most encounters are in close enough proximity where I don't consistently get head shots and that spells death versus the auto rifle that absolutely can.

How often is there an encounter where I have the advantage because I'm using a scout rifle? Maybe 2 in 10, depending on the map and I'm not on an even footing in the remainder it seems like. So, it's a great moment where a couple of auto rifle users are emptying a whole clip at you and still don't do enough damage while you sit back with a large magazine and calmly deal 72 damage a pop to both of them, but that sort of overwhelming advantage is more rare still. Until a map pack or something of the sort comes around I almost wish scout rifles were a secondary weapon, they have a strange symmetry with shotguns. Still using it in pve though, so there's that.

You could of asked last night lol

Why can we not just have a timer for cooldowns so I can see when my ether seeds have run out or when my auto rifle experience has run out..

Honestly I had no I idea "cheesing" could be so difficult. Been working on this for over 3 hours. Getting atheon in the right spot with grenades is not easy even for players that have done it numerous times.

Honestly I had no I idea "cheesing" could be so difficult. Been working on this for over 3 hours. Getting atheon in the right spot with grenades is not easy even for players that have done it numerous times.
I can get him in place 9 times out of ten just if I fuck up with my nades I gotta wait for cool downs as I'm too lazy to orbit.

If doing it wih multiple people just get them to hide behind the pillar atbspawn as more thwn 1 person up there drives the ai soft.

xCobalt

I think the scout rifle crucible experiment has come to an end for me and it's not a fault with balance, the maps just put the scout user at a disadvantage far too often. If I had to narrow it down further, it seems that most encounters are in close enough proximity where I don't consistently get head shots and that spells death versus the auto rifle that absolutely can.

How often is there an encounter where I have the advantage because I'm using a scout rifle? Maybe 2 in 10, depending on the map and I'm not on an even footing in the remainder it seems like. So, it's a great moment where a couple of auto rifle users are emptying a whole clip at you and still don't do enough damage while you sit back with a large magazine and calmly deal 72 damage a pop to both of them, but that sort of overwhelming advantage is more rare still. Until a map pack or something of the sort comes around I almost wish scout rifles were a secondary weapon, they have a strange symmetry with shotguns. Still using it in pve though, so there's that.

I primarily use the scout rifle in pvp. I mostly play clash and off the top of my head, the only map where I feel it's difficult to use a scout rifle is Firebase Delphi. On every other map, there are spots for scout rifle users to shine.

breakfuss

I need to do the weekly, daily and... nightfall if anyone is down to help out, lol. Yeah, I'm behind but it's an alt (lvl 25 hunter). PSN: breakfuss. Probably can't do the nightfall but that's cool. Thanks.

Special C

I have 100 Crucible marks I grinded out for the achievement. I don't plan on playing crucible a whole bunch but since I got all those marks I might as well buy my Legendary Helmet from the crucible guy. Problem is I'm barely into Rank 1 and its going to take me FOREVER to get to Rank 2 since Crucible bounties are so freaking slow and you don't get much rep from playing a 15 min match.

How long would it take me to get my crucible rep from turning in Spinmetal? Would it be faster than playing crucible?

My other option is to get a faction item and grind all the way from 0 to 20 by doing events and Vanguard bounties and spend my marks that way. Which way would be quicker?

Vespene

Run an auto shotgun as your main, switch to the scout rifle when the targets are far.

rdrr gnr

This is when cheesing is dumb. You guys should just stop, because it should never ever take more than an hour.

not going to fault people for doing whatever they find fun so long as it's not ruining the game for anyone else.

it wasn't long ago that people had a problem with those who partook in the loot cave. standing in one place shooting a few guys isn't particularly engaging, but i thought the spectacle of the activity was enjoyable, especially when a bunch of people were around for the hive vs fallen war and public events. but apparently that was playing the game "wrong" despite it affecting nobody.

some people may similarly enjoy cheesing the bosses, especially if they "dont have time to do it the normal way". but doing that and still getting good loot sounds like an actual problem, especially when it's clogging up raid groups.

cilonen

I have 100 Crucible marks I grinded out for the achievement. I don't plan on playing crucible a whole bunch but since I got all those marks I might as well buy my Legendary Helmet from the crucible guy. Problem is I'm barely into Rank 1 and its going to take me FOREVER to get to Rank 2 since Crucible bounties are so freaking slow and you don't get much rep from playing a 15 min match.

How long would it take me to get my crucible rep from turning in Spinmetal? Would it be faster than playing crucible?

My other option is to get a faction item and grind all the way from 0 to 20 by doing events and Vanguard bounties and spend my marks that way. Which way would be quicker?

Bounties will be quicker. Farming mats will sour you on the game pretty quickly. Its's a really inefficient way of getting rep & marks - 25 rep and 5 marks per 50 mats. Patrol missions are a better rep generator and if you wear a faction class item you can use all the crucible marks you've acquired so far as all rep gained (Vanguard and crucible) will be diverted to the faction.

I did Vanguard first and got legendaries solely off that and am now doing Dead Orbit to get the gauntlets I really want.

Ahhhh, that was some good cheese.

Got the raid helm for Titan. Now I need nothing from the hard raid. Now I just need the Vision of Confluence, and I'll have everything from the raid.

MildSoss

There must be some kind of divine power at work now, 2 hard raid atheons, countless normal raid completions and all i got to show for it is a bunch of ass shards and some crappy ships. :(

You win Bungie, you win.

Midas

There must be some kind of divine power at work now, 2 hard raid atheons, countless normal raid completions and all i got to show for it is a bunch of ass shards and some crappy ships. :(

You win Bungie, you win.

Haha, I've also only gotten shards as of lately. But whatever, as long as I have fun I don't mind. It's not like I not need them. But the raid boots today, perhaps? That would be nice.

Zocano

Am I bad person for being happy that Atheon cheese gets fixed "soon" and all checkpoint begging will be a thing of the past?

Hopefully they'll iron out cheese strats in future content (whenever that will be) as well. I'm sure people will be desperate to find effective ways to cheese, though.

Also I don't mind the Atheon warp change. Honestly that's how I imagined it should have been from the start.

Hopefully they have more fluid and natural methods at forcing groups to split up and synchronize for future strikes/raids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom