• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrr gnr

What's the logic behind the Weekly and the Nightfall being the same strike? Why not change it up? Why of all things is something like that not randomized?

Was fixed in last weeks hot fix actually

I was talking about hard too :p I agree portals are easy once you've found a good routine, outside is easy from the get go as long as you sit people in the right places (sit one guy above each portal for MUCH better line of sight on supplicants. Last guy stands on whichever pillar to open portal and clears up any supplicants that slip through (if any). Can be done easily by 29s

when you put it like that it makes sense. whenever i've been on defense i've never been in a place where harpies could explode on me (usually way on top of some column somewhere), but i still feel more threatened than when i'm in the portal

we'll see how it goes. i'd be lying if i wasn't tired of being "on the portal team". defense is more interesting IMO, but portal guys need to be in sync.

again, it's not so much the randomness i take issue in, but rather in the sudden change and the way bungie's gone about it. it's been known since the first few days the raid came out that it teleported the 3 furthest people, but in the updates since we've heard nothing about it until recently, coincidentally right when the cheese methods popped up.

How soloable is the strike this week (level 29)?

One hit melee kill from the enemies due to Lightswitch. So you're probably going to want some backup in case for the Nightfall atleast. Weekly should be easier, possible soloable.

Arc burn :( As a Warlock that's my weakness! Barely even have Arc weapons.

*Splinter

What's the logic behind the Weekly and the Nightfall being the same strike? Why not change it up? Why of all things is something like that not randomized?
Nightfall has kick to orbit, so use weekly to test strategies before attempting nightfall.

In theory, anyway. In practice every goes straight into
cheesing
Nightfall for that sweet xp bonus multiplier :p

Shito

I think the logic behind it is that the weekly is supposed to be a training ground before trying the nightfall.

rdrr gnr

Nightfall has kick to orbit, so use weekly to test strategies before attempting nightfall.

In theory, anyway. In practice every goes straight into
cheesing
Nightfall for that sweet xp bonus multiplier :p
Maybe, though I felt last week's Weekly was more of a challenge than the Nightfall. My guess is that it's a programming thing that is just easier to do.

Edit: You should always do Nightfall first, btw. That way you maximize reputation for all other activities afterword.

Fitts

Arc burn...

Nhq2R.gif

My Thunderlord and Patience and Time are ready.

I wish I had Fatebringer.

*Splinter

Maybe, though I felt last week's Weekly was more of a challenge than the Nightfall. My guess is that it's a programming thing that is just easier to do.
Yeah last weeks modifier was dumb (Void). First nightfall was Sepiks with arc burn. THAT was brutal.

I'll probably attempt this weeks solo cheesey style. If I have time to find a group the non cheese method shouldn't be unreasonably hard.

Jinjo

My fully upgraded Thunderlord is ready.

Thankfully I've been hoarding rare fusion rifles for the Pocket Infinity bounty, found a decent arc fusion in there too.

How does the cheese taste this week?

eww, i don't have good arc weapons.

well, i have fatebringer, an arc sniper with armor piercing rounds, an a rare arc machine gun, but they're nowhere near as potent as my solar or void weapons.

so, how difficult will this be to solo?

Arc burn + Fatebringer = lolololol

really? i guess i'm covered then.

feel the burn, shrek.

Future

Man sprinting enemies can be so hard to shoot. I think that's part of the reason combat is so chaotic compared to old halo. Everyone moving so fast and blinking around. Blade dancers almost look visually broken as they dart around instantly

Combine that with lag and easy postmortem kills, sprint shotgun tactics can still be really hard to stop. Easy trades almost every time.

Edit: talking about crucible

Ambitious

Was fixed in last weeks hot fix actually

I was talking about hard too :p I agree portals are easy once you've found a good routine, outside is easy from the get go as long as you sit people in the right places (sit one guy above each portal for MUCH better line of sight on supplicants. Last guy stands on whichever pillar to open portal and clears up any supplicants that slip through (if any). Can be done easily by 29s

Really? Meaning, there are no two same ships with different names anymore? If that's true, the difference between my two must be miniscule.

rdrr gnr

What's the best cheese spot for the boss? Entry room or all the way left behind the rocks?
Entry room. Just back up (but not too far) to avoid the Shrieker. Left rocks = death. Stay back near the entrance for the 3 waves with Dinklebot, as well.

Fitts

Same here

Shame you can't use both.

Not at the same time sure, but juggling weapons ain't no thing. I'm sure I'll be using Ice Breaker to replenish Patience and Time's ammo on the way to Phogoth, but once I'm there I'll be switching out for Thunderlord, use a heavy ammo synthesis, drop a Weapons of Light bubble, and then go to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom