• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Well, weekly and nightfall complete. Gonna head to tower, place my loot in bank and log off since I have to leave in 40 minutes and I'm not dressed.

excowboy

After trying for two days to get any kind of ass material, first one today drops energy. Nice.

Daily story drops a purple, nice.

Which turns into an exotic!

Oh wait it's not my class. FML

Not sure what level you are, but do the Daily Story Mission on one of the higher difficulties for guaranteed ass mats. Also, your first Gold Tier Public Event per day gives an ass mat (I believe? Can someone confirm?)

Nodnol

How's everyone finding the Nightfall? At a glance it seems pretty tough. Thrall with Lightswitch and Wizards and Knights with Arc Burn makes me dread it.

SkylineRKR

Might bring Light/Beware Arc (full upgrade, Armor pierce), Zombie (arc) and SUROS. Or Found Verdict but close up with this light switch bullshit... I dunno.

Lots of thralls, won't be easy I think.

Daemul

Got Shadow Price from the Nightfall. I already have Vanquisher, but Shadow Price will replace it I guess, even though I don't use auto rifles lol

I've done the Nightfall, Weekly and Daily, now it's just the Raid left. I'm not going to bother doing it until the hot fix is out, I want to see the chaos the new mechanics bring lol.

I'm trying to beat the daily level 28 PS4 and I just can't do it even trying to cheese it as much as possible. Somebody join me. 2 more is fine I just want to be done with it. I'm at the last room of it.

PSN: jen867530nine

edit: nvm beat it.

hydruxo

What's the story with Found Verdict? Would like to know anyone else who has it and any insight into how it is fully leveled. I picked it up in the last day and haven't had a chance to try it yet.

People might disagree with me but I think it's the best shotty in the game. Faster reload than invective and it's easy to get multiple kills with in no time at all.

Namikaze1

I'm not much of a shotgun guy so I can't say if it's good. It's one of two shotgun I own but I rarely use it or Invective. I tend to use snipers or fusion rifles. Mostly snipers. From what little time I spent using it, it is great. Used it quite a bit during Iron Banner week.

Daggoth

Not sure what level you are, but do the Daily Story Mission on one of the higher difficulties for guaranteed ass mats. Also, your first Gold Tier Public Event per day gives an ass mat (I believe? Can someone confirm?)
Daily at 28 is worth two. First public is a good chance, but not always, it was a strange coin today for me.

Finished Nightfall with hefty amounts of cheese at the last part, my P&T and solar nades finally put to some good use. Got the Truth which I didn't buy from Xur so I guess it wasn't a waste.

Just got a Comedian for a leg eng that has the perks full auto and crowd control (dmg bonus on kills). Has a reload perk that'll bump it up to about 75% of the nar. I have wanted a Commy for ages and was going to get the store one but this is just too cool. Basically a legendary invective minus the ammo regen.

excowboy

Daily at 28 is worth two. First public is a good chance, but not always, it was a strange coin today for me.

Ah OK. Daily at 24 is worth one as well right? I know some people have tonnes of shards and energy but when you're trying to get from 24 to 26/27 this being the only method to guarantee a chance at a shard is pretty depressing.

Im not saying it's good because it's challenging (although challenging is good), I'm saying that right now this part of the raid requires the least communication/teamwork, and this changes that for the better

At this point doing the normal raid with experienced players, this is the only part where communication is a must and people do still have to adapt when someone dies and a new person is teleported. And the decisions were made based on skill and level of players. If that is not team work then I don't know what is. The change bungie is making is basically turning the encounter from one where you plan and execute to one where you react on the fly. I guess it all depends on what people prefer

Fee

Any groups looking for one more for a normal VoG clear right now? I'm a level 29 hunter, have cleared hard a few times (without cheesing haha.)

PSN : Fourbin

X-Frame

I cheesed this moon strike in the Nightfall before. At the last boss, head left and kill enemies who are on the ground only (ignore the enemies on the top platform). Wizards won't spawn! Hide behind rock on the far left and proceed to cheese.

Really? And it's not a problem leaving the Knights up there with their Arc booster cannons?

Same stats. It's the No Back Up Plans exotic arms for Titans. Already had one since Xur's first appearance.

There's something I'm missing. I got Heart of the Praxic Fire from a Xur engram and upgraded it to the max. Discipline is now at 115. But when I checked Tovarisc's stats on DestinyDB it says his has 149 Discipline and not 115 like mine. What's causing this difference? Is it because he is level 30 and I'm 29?

There's something I'm missing. I got Heart of the Praxic Fire from a Xur engram and upgraded it to the max. Discipline is now at 115. But when I checked Tovarisc's stats on DestinyDB it says his has 149 Discipline and not 115 like mine. What's causing this difference? Is it because he is level 30 and I'm 29?

the stat amount is a roll, so some are better/luckier than others

Really? And it's not a problem leaving the Knights up there with their Arc booster cannons?

You can hide in the first room and shoot from there, you get 10 second window every 30-40 seconds to dump everything you have on the boss. Retreat when the spinner thing comes on top, let wizards/knights scream at the door for 30 seconds, once they disappear go out and shoot the boss for 10 seconds, rinse repeat. Shouldn't take more than 10 min.

Pimpwerx

Kept the checkpoint rolling through the reset. Went back in and after an hour and a half solo, I finally have my mythoclast. A friend helped me get a helmet for my warlock and hunter yesterday. I think I am finally happy with the raid. I need to get a helmet for my titan now, and I'll be able to take a break from hard mode.

Thank you cheese lords! Now feel free to speed up the rebuff on the mythoclast, Bungie. I have little left to conquer in PvE until the expansion. PEACE.

Zdrutz

Banned
Been meaning to ask for a little while.

How exactly do you do a standard, not many worries cheese on the Moon Strike?

Much thanks for a good method.

PS: Also looking for a checkpoint on Athens hard on XBONE please! StoneSarge89, just message me anytime and let me know when I can come snag it.

anddo0

I will never, ever become level 30.

May as well quit, nothing left to do

Starting to feel the same way.

I went into last week needing only the arms.
Normal raid: No raid gear
Hard: 2 leg pieces from the same damn raid.... I already have a fully upgraded pair.

The only silver lining is, one of the two boots turned out to have better stats than what I have equipped. My upgraded boots had no intellect.

Kept the checkpoint rolling through the reset. Went back in and after an hour and a half solo, I finally have my mythoclast. A friend helped me get a helmet for my warlock and hunter yesterday. I think I am finally happy with the raid. I need to get a helmet for my titan now, and I'll be able to take a break from hard mode.

Thank you cheese lords! Now feel free to speed up the rebuff on the mythoclast, Bungie. I have little left to conquer in PvE until the expansion. PEACE.

Grats man. lol

Sitting here with 8 hard mode kills and have yet to see a single helm across any character. Have a Vex but at this point I'd trade it for a Warlock helmet, other exotics have their specific purposes in hard raid anyways.

*Splinter

Yeah I think he got it the wrong way round. Enemies up top need to be killed or forced to jump down. Enemies on the ground arent a problem and you want as many alive as possible. Any Knights that berzerk are actually a bonus as they will just stand around doing nothing. Note that many acolytes also have those cannons so even they can't be left up top.

Kill too many = wizards spawn, good luck with that :D

Run laps if you have to, but whatever you do don't head back into the entrance

Been meaning to ask for a little while.

How exactly do you do a standard, not many worries cheese on the Moon Strike?

Much thanks for a good method.

PS: Also looking for a checkpoint on Athens hard on XBONE please! StoneSarge89, just message me anytime and let me know when I can come snag it.

I guess it matters what you consider "cheese." Is sitting in the room right before Phogoth and popping in and out "cheese?"

Normal raid: No raid
Hard: 2 leg pieces from the same damn raid.... I already have a fully upgraded pair.

The only silver lining is, one of the two boots has turned out to better stats than what I have equipped. My upgraded boots had no intellect.

8 hard kills and no helm; on my main (Warlock) have yet to get anything but Shards in 2 weeks across clearing both hard and normal. And that means any item period, whether its something I already have or not. Nothing at all. Got sick of the crap so I cheesed Atheon just now and got a double dose of shards and nothing else.

Really, really tired of it--no point to playing the game anymore if I can't progress

My solo atheon kill loot for this early mornings debauchery:

warlock1: mythoclast and ship
warlock2: helm, mythoclast, speeder
titan: helm, mythoclast, ship

thank you RNGesus for blessing this sinner!

I will never, ever become level 30.

May as well quit, nothing left to do

Normal raid: No raid gear

The only silver lining is, one of the two boots turned out to have better stats than what I have equipped. My upgraded boots had no intellect.

That's why raid armor should not be a drop as I've mentioned before.

It should be garanteed that the raid gives any player participating "raid materials". The amount could be random or fixed, but you always get something. You then grind the raid to collect enough "raid materials" to "manufacture" a piece of raid armor. The stats would also be a roll during "manufacturing".

Random drops on the raid should only be cosmetics (ships, shaders, sparrows, class items) and weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom