• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal raid done. Got Vision Of Confluence and Hezen Vengeance. Both new guns for me that look decent. Gonna force my way through Hard now since the cheeses still work. Had no idea you could still cheese Templar. I probably shouldn't post that!

noomi

Oh man.... this week's nightfall is going to be a bitch....

Need to get this done today before I leave on my business trip.

Waldini

... damn.

Finished Normal couple of times. 3 Raid pieces. Finished hard 3 times, shards... Nothing else.

Friend of mine did it, got Mythlocast and other stuff.

Thanks RNGesus

*Splinter

That's why raid armor should not be a drop as I've mentioned before.

It should be garanteed that the raid gives any player participating "raid materials". The amount could be random or fixed, but you always get something. You then grind the raid to collect enough "raid materials" to "manufacture" a piece of raid armor. The stats would also be a roll during "manufacturing".

Random drops on the raid should only be cosmetics (ships, shaders, sparrows, class items) and weapons.
I think we should expand on this with some way to make daily progress (rather than weekly)

How about a 'claim rewards' button that gives 7 'points' per day, and for 40 points you can buy a piece of 'progress gear'. When you get a full set of this gear you get a popup that says "You Win!"

And some confetti.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yo Byron Bluth, yes or no would be appreciated
Welp looks like you got your lock, mind I get the checkpoint

I think we should expand on this with some way to make daily progress (rather than weekly)

How about a 'claim rewards' button that gives 7 'points' per day, and for 40 points you can buy a piece of 'progress gear'. When you get a full set of this gear you get a popup that says "You Win!"

And some confetti.

The way it is now is a problem when you have people participating in multiple raids and getting nothing for it. It leaves a sour taste when you feel you're not progressing at all for weeks. It makes some people just give up.

Doing this would at least give some feeling of progression. And just because you got a piece of armor would not mean you would stop. People would keep grinding to see if they could get a piece with the stats they wanted since that would be random.

UglyPony

Looking for Atheon hard mode cheese, got checkpoint x2. PS4: UglyPony
Was in a group earlier but spot got snatched while i was switching alt :(

Pimpwerx

... damn.

Finished Normal couple of times. 3 Raid pieces. Finished hard 3 times, shards... Nothing else.

Friend of mine did it, got Mythlocast and other stuff.

Thanks RNGesus

Do hard mode first. It doubles the drops, and increases the quality. I wish I was still on trying with my titan. I have a higher chance of getting the helm this week, since I haven't done the normal raid yet. PEACE.

*Splinter

The way it is now is a problem when you have people participating in multiple raids and getting nothing for it. It leaves a sour taste when you feel you're not progressing at all for weeks. It makes some people just give up.

Doing this would at least give some feeling of progression. And just because you got a piece of armor would not mean you would stop. People would keep grinding to see if they could get a piece with the stats they wanted since that would be random.
You won't need better stats, you'll have confetti

Zakalwe

Banned
Two NF runs. 9 shards each time and I'm already 30. My friend got Gjallahorn.

I'm staying strong. One more NF to go this week...

ShinAmano

VoG complete :)

Got nothing but shards all the way till the end boss.

Came away with:

Universal Remote
Aethoens Epilogue
Chatterwhite

:)

Wish I got armor instead.

Thanks to the team and ChadDaniel!

hydruxo

Normal raid done. Got Vision Of Confluence and Hezen Vengeance. Both new guns for me that look decent. Gonna force my way through Hard now since the cheeses still work. Had no idea you could still cheese Templar. I probably shouldn't post that!

Hezen is awesome (so is VoC, best scout rifle in the game), it's like a mini Gjallarhorn. Holds 3 rockets at once too.

Pierate

How do you guys feel about firefly and explosive rounds? They don't seem to get along very well from my experience and that makes me a bit less excited for fatebringer. But I will most likely use it anyway if I ever get one because hand cannon.

MaxiLive

Is anyone doing the Hard Raid cheese at 6pm BST? :D I would really like to get it done before the patch one last time.

If so please add me Maxi_Live. I'm a lvl 30 hunter so can help with one grenade or clearing the portal to give the cheesers more time. I would also be happy to join just for the checkpoint then back out if you need space for warlocks etc!

hydruxo

How do you guys feel about firefly and explosive rounds? They don't seem to get along very well from my experience and that makes me a bit less excited for fatebringer. But I will most likely use it anyway if I ever get one because hand cannon.

Fun to mess around with in PvE, but unless you're fighting a bunch of trash mobs they aren't that useful. Explosive rounds apparently stagger people and make them freak out and have trouble aiming in PvP though. Yet to try it in crucible myself but some people on here say they are great.

Woooooo!

I got the Raid Helm! I can get to 30.... once I get some exotic gauntlets. Shit!

I hope I get the gauntlets going through the rest of the Raid since I only did Atheon so far. Maybe Xur will have some Titan gauntlets this weekend. He only had the "No Backup Plans" the first week, if only I had enough strange coins way back then!

Woooooo!

I got the Raid Helm! I can get to 30.... once I get some exotic gauntlets. Shit!

I hope I get the gauntlets going through the rest of the Raid since I only did Atheon so far. Maybe Xur will have some Titan gauntlets this weekend. He only had the "No Backup Plans" the first week, if only I had enough strange coins way back then!
nice! Glad you guys were able to get it done.

I got Vex mythoclast and shards for my atheon hard mode cheese.

Nice to hear you guys done it. Now I'm gonna run it again with my alt if anyone wants to join.

Deku Tree

I got Vex mythoclast and shards for my atheon hard mode cheese.

Nice to hear you guys done it. Now I'm gonna run it again with my alt if anyone wants to join.

I can join you in five or ten minutes. I've cheese Atheon sveral times. Level 29 sunbro. Ps4 dekubleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom