• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

The amount of cheese is really hilarious. I'm laughing hard everytime I enter this thread. I've never seen a loot based game being exploited this much. At least not this early on.

I think it speaks volumes about the actual content and the repetition and randomness to it. Why are we still playing it? Seriously.

I don't think it does. People will invariably go the easiest route. Loot hunger is strong. It doesn't really have much to do with the content or repetition.

It could be brilliantly designed and people would still do this.

10629311_921816534514947_6369921062127795755_o.jpg

Where's my Venus, Bungie?

Jinjo

Need an excellent Atheon hard cheeser, has to do it pre-teleport and preferably has to be able to do it alone. If interested add me: JinjoNL.

If you never cheesed him don't apply.

Shito

I've read someone say that the Epitaph sold by the vanguard vendor had arc damage: can someone confirm this?
Sadly it seems you can't access this information on bungie.net. :/
I might need to buy this, I already have a void Epitaph, so an arc one would help me for this week's nightfall and the ones after that...

Loomba

I've read someone say that the Epitaph sold by the vanguard vendor had arc damage: can someone confirm this?
Sadly it seems you can't access this information on bungie.net. :/
I might need to buy this, I already have a void Epitaph, so an arc one would help me for this week's nightfall and the ones after that...

Yeah it's arc damage 100%, I checked last night.

Stubo

The amount of cheese is really hilarious. I'm laughing hard everytime I enter this thread. I've never seen a loot based game being exploited this much. At least not this early on.

I think it speaks volumes about the actual content and the repetition and randomness to it. Why are we still playing it? Seriously.
I think most people feel ripped off by the rng to begin with and then you see many other players gaining an advantage by these methods, often on multiple characters.

All i want are the stupid gauntlets which are refusing to drop on normal. When everyone else is getting the sparrow, mythoclast etc I don't think that's too much to ask.

Tekku

I don't think it does. People will invariably go the easiest route. Loot hunger is strong. It doesn't really have much to do with the content or repetition.

It could be brilliantly designed and people would still do this.

Perhaps.

But it really is brilliantly designed. I've put 130 hours into it myself now, yet I have no idea why because I don't have much fun really. I just approach it as a daily checklist.

-edit-

PvP is great though (imo), so there's always that to return to.

rugioh

Banned
Why are we still playing it? Seriously.

Good question. I've only been popping online for nightfalls/raids/xur for awhile, now I'm not even sure I wanna do that the way they keep muddling up the raid mechanics. I'm not saying the baby bumpers and stuff wasn't warranted. But the teleportation hotfix is a pain in the ass.

Okay cheesed atheon a 2nd time and got the raid helmet.

Well worth it imo.

Can anyone help me do nightfall/weekly strike now?

PSN: Jignxs

Hey if you get a hard raid checkpoint from that other guy, can I grab it from you maybe? There don't seem to be many Xbox One players here and it makes it a little difficult to get from others

If I can connect, sure. Just started playing the Weekly Heroic and got kicked back to the title screen, so I'm currently not hopeful.

Deku Tree

Productive double cheese on hard Atheon.

1x Raid helm [warlock edition]

1x Vision of Confluence

2x Vex Mythoclast

2x Timebreaker [making for 5th and 6th for me]

Yx Energy + Ass Shards

I got shards, energy, and a raid ship for my alt. still never seen the vex mytho or the raid helm.

LiK

I'm gonna try the Raid one more week and if I don't get any boots, I'm done with it for now. The amount of time for each session is not worth it. I'll probably keep playing Crucible to rank up my faction and buy their greaves instead. At least I actually have fun in PVP.

Daemul

LOL! I got invited by a mate to help him cheese the Atheon fight on hard, and I got The Last Word lmao.

I don't use HC's though, they don't fit my style of play. Anyone wanna trade?....oh wait.....-_-"

Jito

Banned
Any actual new features or content coming in this weeks update? Or are we getting more tweaks and hotfixes to shit Bungie released broken packaged as an "update".

Also why are Wizards called wizards when they're female? Wouldn't witches have been a more appropriate name...

hydruxo

Any actual new features or content coming in this weeks update? Or are we getting more tweaks and hotfixes to shit Bungie released broken packaged as an "update".

Also why are Wizards called wizards when they're female? Wouldn't witches have been a more appropriate name...

One of the missions has "Siphon Witches"

Atheon cheesed twice drops:

Aspect of glass
Ass shards
Vex mythoclast
Warlock raid helmet
Ass energy

overall not a bad try for the last time cheesing atheon. From now it's all legit.

Atkison04

Thanks. I'm reading conflicting strategies though -- some say to shoot from that entrance room and back away when the shrieker comes and others say what you recommend. I guess you can do it both ways, but each side says not to do it the other way, haha.

The last cycle of nightfall/weekly that had the summoning pits was the first 9 coin strike that I was able to solo. I did it by using the method of popping shots at the boss from the entrance room and hiding in the corner of the safe room when the shrieker would spawn. Hide in the safe spot until the spawn disappears from your radar and go pop shots at the boss again. Takes some time and you do have to battle out with knights and wizards the will block up the door way to the open area where the boss is. You can fight them from the safe room though as they will not go back there. Wizards can hit you while you are back there but the corners are safe. Just take special/heavy ammo packs. I couldn't imagine doing that strike solo by entering the boss room. I had to do that strike last night with my alt #2 level 12 titan and it was a bitch to do legit.

Bizazedo

It's not a sit-in sorry. We need someone who is able to do this. We've been sitting here for a while already.

As the end of the cheese draws near, the hunger causes people to turn on each other. The threat of no loot through difficult mechanics is a harsh one, causing much fear and gnashing of teeth.

Zakalwe

Banned
As the end of the cheese draws near, the hunger causes people to turn on each other. The threat of no loot through difficult mechanics is a harsh one, causing much fear and gnashing of teeth.

Right. Be cool if I'd had a message before the kick. Could have explained.

It's ok though, I'll find another group. Hope you guys manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom