• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

broony

Thank you guys. Have an exotic helmet and raid chest so I should be able to get raid arms and legs from the normal version and a lot of RNG luck then I think.

I don't even care that they're getting rid of the cheese for atheon, he's pretty easy to take down normally. But adding in random teleportation? There's pretty much no strategy now, no one has set roles. You need 4 people prepared to potentially pick up the relic and everyone will have to be comfortable with both dodging supplicants and taking down oracles. Very dumb idea to "fix" that. How about fixing the numerous bugs with the portals? Or how the relic shield sometimes glitches out? The raid is so glitchy, yet they chose to fix these strategies that people discovered and were not bugs.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp did Atheon Hard as 28 Warlock, 6 Shards + Timebreaker
Go back as 27 Titan on Hard, Timebreaker, 6 Shards, and Helmet

Finally after 5 weeks of 0 drops and 3 weeks with Alts, first gear piece finally

This game with it's end content has really fucking soured me
From the bugs to shitty RNG, yet I play more and more, lol

rugioh

Banned
I don't even care that they're getting rid of the cheese for atheon, he's pretty easy to take down normally. But adding in random teleportation? There's pretty much no strategy now, no one has set roles. You need 4 people prepared to potentially pick up the relic and everyone will have to be comfortable with both dodging supplicants and taking down oracles. Very dumb idea to "fix" that. How about fixing the numerous bugs with the portals? Or how the relic shield sometimes glitches out? The raid is so glitchy, yet they chose to fix these strategies that people discovered and were not bugs.

Yeah Bungie's thought process is ass backwards. I can step through a portal and have it glitch out and theres no fix. But having 3 people with dedicated roles is a glitch that warrants fixing?

It really makes no sense. Why can't they fix all issues with the raid before changing what wasn't broken... Ok, not as intended... But did they intend foe glitching relics and portals and sound completely screwing up?

Those things need fixing before the random teleporting.

X-Frame

Yeah I think he got it the wrong way round. Enemies up top need to be killed or forced to jump down. Enemies on the ground arent a problem and you want as many alive as possible. Any Knights that berzerk are actually a bonus as they will just stand around doing nothing. Note that many acolytes also have those cannons so even they can't be left up top.

Kill too many = wizards spawn, good luck with that :D

Run laps if you have to, but whatever you do don't head back into the entrance

Thanks. I'm reading conflicting strategies though -- some say to shoot from that entrance room and back away when the shrieker comes and others say what you recommend. I guess you can do it both ways, but each side says not to do it the other way, haha.

Ataxia

So what's the best strategy for beating the gatekeepers on hard raid?

Four people defending on the outside. Two players on relic duty. One player goes in each portal. If you have competent level 30s then they can grab relics without any help.

They should lower their Gatekeeper's health down, ignoring the ads and then synchronise killing the Gatekeepers together. Grab relics at same time and rush out.

People outside should be focusing on keeping portals open and the oracles. When relics are out, all move into the centre and defend.

It's actually pretty smooth sailing with an effective team.

Tovarisc

Productive double cheese on hard Atheon.

1x Raid helm [warlock edition]

1x Vision of Confluence

2x Vex Mythoclast

2x Timebreaker [making for 5th and 6th for me]

Yx Energy + Ass Shards

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm not going to have time to run the raid this week. If anyone has a cheese spot it would be appreciated.

Not tried it yet, was resisting temptation but may as well while it's there.

Thanks.

Psn: astropoff

Waldini

Bah! I want to cheese him again so bad... On hard that is. Feel disappointed with the rewards.

Anyone got a checkpoint on hard? In an hour or so on XBONE?

Stubo

Is the patch dropping today? How has this not happened already.

Was planning on running normal with some guys at 8:30 BST but maybe I'll see if there's a gaf party for hard 6-8:30pm (cheese or not)

Xbox One: 29 titan, maxed epilogue, icebreaker, confluence.

Tekku

The amount of cheese is really hilarious. I'm laughing hard everytime I enter this thread. I've never seen a loot based game being exploited this much. At least not this early on.

I think it speaks volumes about the actual content and the repetition and randomness to it. Why are we still playing it? Seriously.

Waldini

There is no satisfaction to redo the Raid at this point! Rewards are crap! ... so cheesing is the best way to go at this point.

LiK

Played through the entirety of Raid on Normal twice and three times on Hard. Still no greaves. Annoying as shit.

Bizazedo

It's so crazy how very cheesable almost every part of the raid is right now.
It's honestly a shame.

Yeah Bungie's thought process is ass backwards. I can step through a portal and have it glitch out and theres no fix. But having 3 people with dedicated roles is a glitch that warrants fixing?
It still feels like they're trying to slow people down.

What bugs me more is they don't hotfix at the same time as reset, though. It shouldn't, but it does.

The amount of cheese is really hilarious. I'm laughing hard everytime I enter this thread. I've never seen a loot based game being exploited this much. At least not this early on.

I think it speaks volumes about the actual content and the repetition and randomness to it. Why are we still playing it? Seriously.

The game can be fun, but that goddamn RNG.

lionelhutz

Are XB1 users receiving the zebra error over the last few days? I'm on the PS4 and the disconnects are all too frequent. Is this an issue with the PSN, Bungie, or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom