• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

I go all excited that I had a random legendary primary weapon drop...and it turns out to be a scout rifle ; (

I'm hoping that it is just because I am not familiar with them cause it just seems to such so much a$$

MADGAME

Can't wait to break out my fully upgraded Thunderlord for this week's Nightfall. It's been on the back burner too long, going to chew through the hive with indiscriminate extermination.

teaznki1.gif

Midas

I did it as level 30 and fucker rekt my face in hard few times. Luckily I play Warlock so sunbro build came to rescue.

Also friend as safetynet hanging at entrance, just in case.

Bungie saying it's for level 26 is bullshit.

Have you done the new nightfall? How does the nightfall compare to this? I thought this was one of the toughest thing I've done. Even worse than the raid.

realcZk

I thought if you camped at the entrance a shrieker would spawn on top of you?

Yep it will, that's the downside. But - everytime it spawns you can step back into the previous room and wait a 5-10 seconds and it'll despawn (along with other mobs in the room)

Temidien

Neo Member
Being stuck at work plus having overtime tonight makes me really jealous of everyone getting that last taste of cheese. Really regretting not putting more time into leveling my alt on the weekend, could've gotten a run in with him last night :p

Tovarisc

I'm at work lol, don't want to get jealous haha.

I gave him some wine and cheese twice today, thanks to fellow GAFfer with checkpoint, and for a change Atheon rewarded me handsomely :)

I thought if you camped at the entrance a shrieker would spawn on top of you?

You just ran into next room, just enough to get wall between you and shrieker. It will despawn after little while.

Have you done the new nightfall? How does the nightfall compare to this? I thought this was one of the toughest thing I've done. Even worse than the raid.

I would say Thorn one is worse because you really can't cheese bounty from the room because you need keep killing adds. Maybe from left glitch rocks, but even then shit gets dicey with all those Wizards. I would get friend who then just AFKs at entrance as safety net in case you die to encounter. This way you don't need restart encounter from the beginning, just respawn and keep at it.

panda-zebra

RIP Cheese

Yeah? I sent Atheon for a tumble this morning at 10:10, got that down to a fine art. Maybe it'll be the last time, don't really care, got the Mythoclast, a 2nd Warlock helmet, a third ship, a third timebreaker and some shards (teammate got 6 shards and a ship, oops!).

Then after that 2x nightfall for a purple scout rifle and a purple machine gun, and 2x weekly for 18 coins, 3 blue engrams and 1 purple which turned into a collector piece gauntlets for Warlock.

Love Tuesday mornings, the game comes alive. Can't wait to get back this afternoon and tear into the raid proper.

Can't wait to break out my fully upgraded Thunderlord for this week's Nightfall. It's been on the back burner too long, going to chew through the hive with indiscriminate extermination.

teaznki1.gif

Titan friend ripped shit up with his, devastating weapon.

Nameless

So what's the secret to keeping ammo stocked for Rocket Launchers? Even with ammo packs, the cooldown sucks ass.

Replenishing the second a countdown ends. Willingness to wait minutes at a time if need be. I play nightfall like a timid bitch so those 5 mins tend to go by quickly when you're camping by entrances.

Namikaze1

Same here. Got a shitty bullet house AR the first time hopefully I don't get shards or some shit lol
I got an exotic gear with my main guardian. Would be happy if not for that fact I bought that same gear from Xur the first week he showed up. (No Back Up Plans Titan arms)

Have to do this twice since I have a level 29 Titan alt and a level 27 Warlock.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nightfall Drops, DAMN!, my 2nd Ice Breaker (time to dismantle!)
Never seen 3 Exotics drop for everyone, someone always gets trolled
cskahob.jpg

Jinjo

Awwwwww yiiiisssssss! Mythoclast get!

Spend more than an hour on my alt with dudes trying to push Atheon off and it just wasn't happening. PaperDude comes in for the goddamn rescue and releases us. Crappy loot though. We go back in with my main and only three others with their alt. We literally did it in two tries and two of us got that sweet Mythoclast. Where is dat buff at?

Shoutouts to Pony & Navid for sticking with it and RAWRAsaurus for the checkpoints!

Angry Guy

Gonna do Nightfall and then weekly on my alt. anyone wants to join? (PS4)

Yeah man, I'd love to tag along. PSN's PaperDude42.

Awwwwww yiiiisssssss! Mythoclast get!

Spend more than an hour on my alt with dudes trying to push Atheon off and it just wasn't happening. PaperDude comes in for the goddamn rescue and releases us. We go back in with my main and only three others with their alt. We literally did it in two tries.

It was fun, dude! Congrats on the drops!

ocean

Banned
I kinda wish these Exotic bounties gave some XP for the completion of each phase. I mean either that or they shouldn't use up regular bounty slots.

Dave_6

I got the exotic bounty for the Bad Juju last night. I will be done with it before I even get through the crucible part of the Thorn bounty :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom