• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladelaw

So my group, all strangers linked through GAF, did not come through the hard raid last night. One dude had to go and then the party seemed to fall apart. That said, it was still a good time.

Also, it was my first time doing that spirit bloom room cheese. Getting into that little cave in the heat of battle took a couple tries. That's where we ended up stopping for the night.

Was that me (fadeddream)? Stuck in conflux hell. No desire to run hard mode again until I'm level 30.

MADGAME

My observations on Timebreaker (Legendary Raid Sparrow) vs. purchased Rare Sparrow and upgraded to Legendary via purchased Drive from Xur:

• When holding L2, upgraded Sparrow is faster than Timebreaker
  • When double-boosting with Timebreaker (L2 + R2), Timebreaker is faster than upgraded Sparrow. Hold it for too long and it explodes, although you are okay and can instantly respawn another.
  • Timebreaker has more durability than upgraded Sparrow.
  • Not 100% on this one yet, but upgraded Sparrow feels more agile, while Timebreaker feels a bit more clunky/tanky.
  • Upgraded Sparrow gets the option of different colored boosts depending on the drive you purchase.
  • Upgraded sparrow also gets handbrake turns
  • Both seem to flip easier than the uncommon Sparrows, probably due to the increased speed.
In my opinion Timbreaker slightly edges it out, but either one is a massive upgrade from the base Sparrow and even the bonus one you get for finding all 5 golden chests on Earth.
I'm guessing one of them may be essential or at the very least a huge help in the upcoming Moon Strike.

I know they're fixing Atheon, but are they fixing Templar?
My bet is they are adding baby bumpers to the entire Raid.

I know they're fixing Atheon, but are they fixing Templar/QUOTE]
Hush you fool. Do not warn them.

i sure hope not.

It's pretty easy to do normally if you have a competent relic carrier and they still allows us to go use the starting platform. Relic carrier takes care of oracles at the far back (gorgon side). Everyone else snipes. But it's good to have options :p

Thanks tovarisc for showing me that method :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'll give it a try soon then. I'm a little surprised that it is so effective. I also got Plan C, so not sure what I'll be using.

I was 17/200 on PI Bounty, got all of them in this Nightfall
Those 2 Hallowed Knights that block your way before you enter Phogoth, 2 shots each, died, lol

My god the Purifier VII is beastly for this mode, I was at Sniper range too, and my burst would annihilate them

Why are the hive the only enemy species that shields their two highest units? Every other species shields 1 strong and 1 weak.

Shanks suck with a fire shield, but as soon as the shield is down, you can still one shot them.

Harpies rarely have a shield, but when they are dropped, those eyes are still incredibly vulnerable.

Psions are annoying with that arc burst attack, but once that shield is down, you can pop them in the head for a quick death.

Yet the hive? Knights and Wizards? Fuck that.

Deku Tree

My observations on Timebreaker (Legendary Raid Sparrow) vs. purchased Rare Sparrow and upgraded to Legendary via purchased Drive from Xur:

• When double-boosting with Timebreaker (L2 + R2), Timebreaker is faster than upgraded Sparrow. Hold it for too long and it explodes, although you are okay and can instantly respawn another.
  • Not 100% on this one yet, but upgraded Sparrow feels more agile, while Timebreaker feels a bit more clunky/tanky.
  • Upgraded Sparrow gets the option of different colored boosts depending on the drive you purchase.
  • Both seem to flip easier than the uncommon Sparrows, probably due to the increased speed.
In my opinion Timbreaker slightly edges it out, but either one is a massive upgrade from the base Sparrow and even the bonus one you get for finding all 5 golden chests on Earth.

I'm guessing one of them may be essential or at the very least a huge help in the upcoming Moon Strike.

Wow didn't know about that…

Zakalwe

Banned

Upgraded sparrow also gets handbreak turns which I really miss on Timebreaker.

It's easy to avoid the TB boost detonation too, an alarm sounds and you just need to let go of the super boost and press it again to reset the timer.

Timebreaker doesn't have any air brakes which is pretty annoying actually. This is why the rare sparrow is more agile.

Hopefully there's upgrades to max out the speed bar somehow...

Jito

Banned
Rage inducing starting a new character and having to play strikes with low level morons. Just tried the summoning pits and the two idiots wouldn't move out of the starting door and refused to kill any adds when they did. Complete waste of my time.

Mida multi tool,
Last word,
Time & Patience
AF19XYL
The Truth
Raid boots
Infinite shards.
one day /D - best day of looting yet in destiny.
Now I just need the hawkmoon and vision of confluence. oh and some actual raid gear would be nice.

MADGAME

Wow didn't know about that…

Yeah it has a 3-part explode animation as parts fly off it.

Upgraded sparrow also gets handbreak turns which I really miss on Timebreaker.

Timebreaker doesn't have any air brakes which is pretty annoying actually. This is why the rare sparrow is more agile.

Thanks, I added that point to my post! Although I don't really use the handbrake on my upgraded Sparrow, yet it still seems more agile than Timebreaker.

timebreaker would be perfect with e-brakes. it's annoying bumping into stuff all the time. i never use the strafe either.

but it changes colors and goes boom so it's forgiven. in the beginning of the devil's lair strike when everyone hops on their sparrows, i always wait a bit and then overtake them. that's priceless.

Trakan

I have a Hard Atheon checkpoint on my hunter if there's anyone who is interested in beating him before the patch hits. We're going to need some warlocks. You should be level 28/29.

Edit: Full

Yaari

Feeling a bit better about the Nightfall now. I guess I can get it done. I've been fairly lucky with my Legendary weapons so I should be able to do some damage.

Previous Nightfall made me a bit worried about my Arc damage output. Those yellow Captains were so tough to deal damage on.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone wanna do nightfall I'm doing it on my 1st alt, I can move us through real quickly

Hurley

I have a Hard Atheon checkpoint on my hunter if there's anyone who is interested in beating him before the patch hits. We're going to need some warlocks. You should be level 28/29.

PS4? 29 Warlock here looking for hard Atheon. PSN Xionn_The_Unborn

Yeah it has a 3-part explode animation as parts fly off it.

Thanks, I added that point to my post!

The explosion is still annoying since you need to summon another sparrow. I've tried timing it so im touching the ground for the least amount of time between sparrow spawns (jump off before it explodes and start summoning mid air) but it's a lot easier just using the burst as a burst for about 2-3 seconds. Would need to race two sparrows next to each other to find out... What I would give for a sparrow race track to find this shit out.

I would like to join, but I do only have a 27 Warlock. I could maybe try to level up to 28 if its absolutely required.

PSN: Subtervotion

ocean

Banned
I've never done a fresh Hard.

As a level 29 with 274 attack on Atheon's Epilogue and 300 attack Ice Breaker would I be able to take on those Praetorians to form the Spire at the beginning? I've done Normal several times but I wouldn't want to join a Hard team and be a burden. I could wait until AE and a Void RL are at 300 attack if it makes a big difference.

Zakalwe

Banned
3 night falls and one HM cheese:

9 shards
9 shards
Unfriendly Giant (legendary RL)
Mythoclast
VoC
Timebreaker
3 shards

The night falls were underwhelming, I'll need the shards at some point so I won't complain. My friend got Gjallahorn at the same time which made me jealous as hell. The Mythoclast and VoC made up for it though.

Second TB for my alt. The RL has boring mods so = energy.

At this point the only three things I want are:
Raid helm
Hawkmoon
Gjallahorn the planet exploder

I can imagine RNG will keep me playing for some time.

Damn it, Bungie.

Ramirez

Rage inducing starting a new character and having to play strikes with low level morons. Just tried the summoning pits and the two idiots wouldn't move out of the starting door and refused to kill any adds when they did. Complete waste of my time.

Strikes are a complete waste of time leveling up, much quicker to blaze the story/PVP.

void666

Banned
Rage inducing starting a new character and having to player strikes with low level morons. Just tried the summoning pits and the two idiots wouldn't move out of the starting door and refused to kill any adds when they did. Complete waste of my time.

This. When i was leveling my hunter alt i tried the first tier of the strike playlist. Way harder than tiger strikes. The other two guys were useless. They didn't know what to do and didn't have the proper weapons.

Yesterday i did a tiger strike, devil's lair. We were 3 pros. Sepiks prime died before the first wave of adds. So good.

Tried to do the Atheon hard cheese with a full fireteam yesterday and we couldn't do it. I've read it would be easier to do solo. i had no idea how much easier it would be. Took me 20 minutes with my level 28 Sunsinger today.

Got:
- Facade of the Hezen Lords
- Vex Mythoclast
- Timebreaker
- three Ass Shards

TP-DK

Just tried the raid today for the first time with Elemental_Sin and other players that I'm not sure were gaffers or not.

I'm glad the others had tried it before, cause it seemed like something that would take ages to figure out. I'm still not sure what it meant when I got marked before the first boss.

Didn't really get any noteworthy loot from it though. Besides ass shard and energy I got a legendary void Sniper. The loot I got from the nightfall was also a legendary void sniper...

timebreaker would be perfect with e-brakes. it's annoying bumping into stuff all the time. i never use the strafe either.

but it changes colors and goes boom so it's forgiven. in the beginning of the devil's lair strike when everyone hops on their sparrows, i always wait a bit and then overtake them. that's priceless.

I find the strafe useful when going through buildings like on the way to divide from steppes where there is a room with doors that aren't in a straight line (or place with entry and exit points like this). Also good for dodging things last second. I guess I've had to use it far more without the brakes.

blackflag

Feeling a bit better about the Nightfall now. I guess I can get it done. I've been fairly lucky with my Legendary weapons so I should be able to do some damage.

Previous Nightfall made me a bit worried about my Arc damage output. Those yellow Captains were so tough to deal damage on.

That was easily the hardest part of kast weeks. Almost knock shields off....teleport and regen. All the while I'm raging.

MADGAME

The explosion is still annoying since you need to summon another sparrow. I've tried timing it so im touching the ground for the least amount of time between sparrow spawns (jump off before it explodes and start summoning mid air) but it's a lot easier just using the burst as a burst for about 2-3 seconds. Would need to race two sparrows next to each other to find out... What I would give for a sparrow race track to find this shit out.

Yeah, I think 2-3 seconds is the limit but there is an audio cue that beeps when you get close to critical. The intermittent beeps occur at a faster rate as you approach the point of no return. I've almost got the timing down but it's safe to stay on the conservative side and lay off the boost a bit earlier.

I agree about the track, we should set up a time trial around Mars. I may just find the straightest line I can with the least amount of enemies and bring both Timebreaker and 'ol Emerald Booster and do some testing.

Fistwell

I've never done a fresh Hard.

As a level 29 with 274 attack on Atheon's Epilogue and 300 attack Ice Breaker would I be able to take on those Praetorians to form the Spire at the beginning? I've done Normal several times but I wouldn't want to join a Hard team and be a burden. I could wait until AE and a Void RL are at 300 attack if it makes a big difference.
The very beginning is the same on hard and normal.

Yaari

Does the Shrieker have a set spawn time, so I can make sure it won't catch me when I try later on today.

I also saw mention of stopping spawns if you only kill stuff below, or how does that work?

Bizazedo

It's pretty easy to do normally if you have a competent relic carrier and they still allows us to go use the starting platform. Relic carrier takes care of oracles at the far back (gorgon side). Everyone else snipes. But it's good to have options :p

Thanks tovarisc for showing me that method :)

Yeah, I've done it that way before. This is not me being worried, this is me being curious :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom