• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

th4tguy

I have a Hard Atheon checkpoint on my hunter if there's anyone who is interested in beating him before the patch hits. We're going to need some warlocks. You should be level 28/29.
Titan here 29, sent friend request if you still have spots

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Does the Shrieker have a set spawn time, so I can make sure it won't catch me when I try later on today.

I also saw mention of stopping spawns if you only kill stuff below, or how does that work?

Don't kill Shrieker, let it despawn, it despawns so do all the adds in the room
It's on a 30-45 sec timer

Just coax Fatty Phogoth to chase, run back snipe, repeat, use grenades for full hate

Tried to do the Atheon hard cheese with a full fireteam yesterday and we couldn't do it. I've read it would be easier to do solo. i had no idea how much easier it would be. Took me 20 minutes with my level 28 Sunsinger today.

Yeah, cheesing Atheon until they fix it today is a lot easier solo, especially in hard mode. You can even do it at 27 although you will die a lot as you get 1 shot by the bolts. He just moves a lot more steady and predictable when you are solo, even when other players are dead he tends to jerk around a lot and pause which screws up the timing.

Makes me always laugh seeing people post here and elsewhere demanding locks (only) with experience to kill atheon for them. screw you random stranger, its easy enough to get a checkpoint so why would anyone bother doing you a huge favor that is much harder than doing it solo.

ElRenoRaven

Rage inducing starting a new character and having to player strikes with low level morons. Just tried the summoning pits and the two idiots wouldn't move out of the starting door and refused to kill any adds when they did. Complete waste of my time.

You know I'd take a low level moron over a high level moron any day of the week. It's more frustrating to me to see someone level 26 and above who just doesn't have a clue how to aim at the weak points on bosses and stands in spaces that trigger extra mobs to try and get them out. At least on low level you can give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I think 2-3 seconds is the limit but there is an audio cue that beeps when you getting close to critical. The intermittent beeps occur at a faster rate as you approach the point of no return. I've almost got the timing down but it's safe to stay on the conservative side and lay off the boost a bit earlier.

I agree about the track, we should set up a time trial around Mars.

Would like that :p. PSN same as here. Anyone else is free to join.

I also would like acquire a hard Atheon checkpoint if anyone is feeling generous in about half hour or so. I would like to do it linearly but Atheon is the priority and I'll come back to the rest if I have time during rest of the week. Tbh I would prefer a Templar checkpoint, but either is good.

Bizazedo

I have been Crucible'ng with an alt where his best weapon is a Shingen-E. I could transfer him weapons now that he's 20+, but :effort:.

That being said, MAN, Crucible is not fair lol.

Chitown B

Yeah, cheesing Atheon until they fix it today is a lot easier solo, especially in hard mode. You can even do it at 27 although you will die a lot as you get 1 shot by the bolts. He just moves a lot more steady and predictable when you are solo, even when other players are dead he tends to jerk around a lot and pause which screws up the timing.

Makes me always laugh seeing people post here and elsewhere demanding locks (only) with experience to kill atheon for them. screw you random stranger, its easy enough to get a checkpoint so why would anyone bother doing you a huge favor that is much harder than doing it solo.

Agreed. We tried as a team for a couple hours, but then a guy from bungienet posted he could help solo - so we brought him in, we all jumped off and he went up and did it solo. Once he got his super, it happened the very next wipe.

Todays loot

Gjallarhorn.png

raid helmet
lockraid.png

Hard Raid timebreaker

still got a few things to do.

blackflag

Anyone got room on hard mode? Atheon cheese and checkpoint preferred but if there's a group starting I'll run from the beginning 29 hunter

Casmith7509. PS4

Is anyone else having problems with party chat?
Up until a few days ago everything was fine for me. But recently I started getting these notifications when I'm in a party that I can't talk to random other party members because of my NAT type. (its type 2)
Its completely random. Today I was in a party with a friend for a few hours, we took a short break and when I came back and invited him I couldn't talk to him anymore.
I tried to rejoin, we created a new party, restartet the console, restartet the router. Nothing worked.
Few minutes later. Works again. But now I can't talk to an other friend.

Wtf is that?

Bladelaw

Is anyone going for the full 3 classes at level 30?

I'm pretty close. Need raid gloves for my hunter, boots for my titan, and boots + chest for my warlock. I figure once I'm there I can take a break until the DLC.

Zakalwe

Banned
Summoning pits is the nightfall this week? ugh.

Don't worry.

In the hacking room just aggro the Wizards and stand at the top of the steps. Use arc rockets or snipers and they go down in seconds.

For the boss just clear out the first lot of mobs then fall back to the shrieker room. Let the striker spawn, kill any mobs who poke their noses in until it despawns, then run to the door and get as many arc sniper shots in to Phogoth's weak spot on his belly as you can. You should be critting around 6k. He drops in minutes.

It's really easy. Hardest part is the hacking room at the start and that just takes careful play.

Summoning Pits is the Nightfall? Ugh, those fucking Wizards

If you just aggro them and run to the top of the steps in the corridor leading down to the hacking room, you can pile arc rockets on them. I thought it would be much more annoying than it was.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is anyone going for the full 3 classes at level 30?

I'm pretty close. Need raid gloves for my hunter, boots for my titan, and boots + chest for my warlock. I figure once I'm there I can take a break until the DLC.

I'm pretty close - 30, 29 and 29. Not really going for it ASAP hardcore - didn't even do the raid on my titan last week.

Nightfalls down

Spoils were

1. Shitty bullet hose auto rifle. Fuck this shit, gonna shard it. Bet I'm gonna get a stack of ascendent shards next
2. FUCKING HAWKMOON OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAA
3. Voidfang Vestments worse than the one I already have of ascendent shards

Pretty good hau... FUCKING HAWKMOON AAAAAAA

deadlast

Kicked ass in 2 crucible matches this morning, and got absolutely nothing for my effort.

I guess I gotta start raiding if I am ever going to get past 26.

Marvel

could never
Sucked having to quit the Raid earlier :( anyone planning on doing Normal tonight?

If not I'd love to do Nightfall.

creid

So I tried the raid for the first time last night, and I never felt like I had a good opportunity to use my special as a Bladedancer. It never seemed safe enough to run right up to any of the tough enemies, and I didn't need the invisibility to revive people. Are there any good spots to use it, or should I just switch to Gunslinger for the raid?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Nightfalls down

Spoils were

1. Shitty bullet hose auto rifle. Fuck this shit, gonna shard it. Bet I'm gonna get a stack of ascendent shards next
3. Voidfang Vestments worse than the one the one I already have of ascendent shards

I just decoded a blue helmet engram and got a rare helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bladelaw

Recommended weapons for the Nightfall?
I have a legendary of every flavor of primary, thinking The Devil You Know, or Proxima Centauri for the boss, Shadow Price for getting there.
Secondary I have an arc Epitaph sniper, and a fresh Plan C (no upgrades),
Heavy I have an Arc Unfriendly Giant and an Arc Deviant Gravity MG

Thoughts?

Nightfalls down

Spoils were

3. Voidfang Vestments worse than the one the one I already have of ascendent shards

D:<

Jito

Banned
Yup general approach of low level players on strikes is sit in a corner and only shoot at the boss, what's with the aversion to shooting all the other enemies fucking shooting at you?! I had like double the kills of both other players when I quit out. Gona leave the strikes til I'm level 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom