• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry.

In the hacking room just aggro the Wizards and stand at the top of the steps. Use arc rockets or snipers and they go down in seconds.

For the boss just clear out the first lot of mobs then fall back to the shrieker room. Let the striker spawn, kill any mobs who poke their noses in until it despawns, then run to the door and get as many arc sniper shots in to Phogoth's weak spot on his belly as you can. You should be critting around 6k. He drops in minutes.

It's really easy. Hardest part is the hacking room at the start and that just takes careful play.

If you just aggro them and run to the top of the steps in the corridor leading down to the hacking room, you can pile arc rockets on them. I thought it would be much more annoying than it was.

There's an even easier way to cheese the boss where the shrieker doesn't even spawn. Stay in the room before the shrieker room, you can get a narrow line of sight on the boss through both doors where you can just snipe from. And inbetween you can run to the door, shoot a rocket or throw a grenade and run back before it spawns.

thaOwner

So I tried the raid for the first time last night, and I never felt like I had a good opportunity to use my special as a Bladedancer. It never seemed safe enough to run right up to any of the tough enemies, and I didn't need the invisibility to revive people. Are there any good spots to use it, or should I just switch to Gunslinger for the raid?
Gunslinger for pve and blade dancer for pve.

Cømet

Banned
Is anyone else having problems with party chat?
Up until a few days ago everything was fine for me. But recently I started getting these notifications when I'm in a party that I can't talk to random other party members because of my NAT type. (its type 2)
Its completely random. Today I was in a party with a friend for a few hours, we took a short break and when I came back and invited him I couldn't talk to him anymore.
I tried to rejoin, we created a new party, restartet the console, restartet the router. Nothing worked.
Few minutes later. Works again. But now I can't talk to an other friend.

Wtf is that?

All a part of the RNG based fun of Destiny! :D I haven't been able to talk to a particular mate through the game since it released. Just refuses to let us communicate unless we're in a party. Yet we've no trouble talking to anyone else.

Summoning Pits is the Nightfall? Ugh, those fucking Wizards

Those four wizards in the horde room are the biggest pain in the arse. Even my titan only just got away with it in the level 28 strike. Flying straight up to you and spamming fireballs is as cheap as it gets.

My Warlock is now, finally, a pair of boots away from level 27, and a little xp away from fireborn. So I'll be able to raid twice this week now, hurray. Would quite like to get my titan into the hard raid this week too, will have to see if the fine folks I usually do it with are ready for it this week.

Just the nightfalls to do now besides that.

Nodnol

probably referring to the game giving you ammo for your weapons if your primary and special are out. empty both, wait a few seconds, and RNGesus provides.

No, let Ice Breaker recharge. Switch weapon and ta-da! More special ammo.

Edit: Beaten is an understatement.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm up to 15 VoG clears between normal and hard.

11 loading screen ships, 9 chatterwhite.

RNG plz.

Marvel

could never
Hmm... I'm only level 27 on my alt hunter, maybe I should level up my FWC rank and get some gloves and boots first before trying Nightfall.

Zakalwe

Banned
There's an even easier way to cheese the boss where the shrieker doesn't even spawn. Stay in the room before the shrieker room, you can get a narrow line of sight on the boss through both doors where you can just snipe from. And inbetween you can run to the door, shoot a rocket or throw a grenade and run back before it spawns.

Can't hit his weak spot from there though, and using an arc sniper to hit his weak spot kills him so fast.

zewone

I was able to fit in 3 Atheon hard mode cheese clears before I went to work.

My absolute last drop was the Mythoclast.

I beat the game, y'all.

Patroclos

Banned
Does anybody know why my Bungie net stats page shows I completed the raid this week? The first time and only time I did it was last week.

Cømet

Banned
Am I the only one that still hides behind that rock in the far left corner of the summoning pits? I suppose it's more of a solo spot.

B0eyJYCIcAA-97o.jpg

Jammy bastard. And I already have Knucklehead Radar :lol.

Can't hit his weak spot from there though, and using an arc sniper to hit his weak spot kills him so fast.

True, but it's still pretty fast if you're doing nades/rockets inbetween and you don't have to deal with the shrieker. When you're doing nightfall the safer the better IMO, I wouldn't want to trudge through the whole level again.

Izuna

Banned
Only got 10 Ass Shards on my alt character for soloing Nightfall, but that was very easy. All you need is an Arc or Burn Rocket for the Wizard spawn, then do this: (click picture for video)

Ice Breaker can renew ammo for other guns. I get 7 with my 4 bullet Sniper, other weapons get more.

Nodnol

Cømet;135274381 said:
Am I the only one that still hides behind that rock in the far left corner of the summoning pits? I suppose it's more of a solo spot.

I did that for the Xyor Strike, but on a few occasions I'd get nailed by a Knight up in the platform to the left. Don't think I'd want to take that sort of chance on the Nightfall.

Zakalwe

Banned
Cømet;135274381 said:

We tried it. Angry and Lightswitch make it a bit of a nightmare. Arc damage makes the Knights deadly too.

Usually we do that and stagger Phogoth with sniper fire, the room is much safer this week.

And yes, hardmode should be fine. We were talking about it last week. 4 of us are ready for sure.

Izuna

Banned
We tried it. Angry and Lightswitch make it a bit of a nightmare. Arc damage makes the Knights deadly too.

Usually we do that and stagger Phogoth with sniper fire, the room is much safer this week.

And yes, hardmode should be fine. We were talking about it last week. 4 of us are ready for sure.

Loot at my video above. Almost same strat I posted in the review thread, but this one the fucking spinner doesn't even spawn.

zewone

Only got 10 Ass Shards on my alt character for soloing Nightfall, but that was very easy. All you need is an Arc or Burn Rocket for the Wizard spawn, then do this: (click picture for video)

Ice Breaker can renew ammo for other guns. I get 7 with my 4 bullet Sniper, other weapons get more.

Thanks for the clip. Looks like a good spot.

Shito

Wow now that's awesome!
I like this, I will try it later tonight! ^^
Thanks.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
probably referring to the game giving you ammo for your weapons if your primary and special are out. empty both, wait a few seconds, and RNGesus provides.

that's interesting, but it seems like it'd take longer.

I haven't timed it myself, but it feels similar in timing and you don't have empty your reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom