• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Nightfalls down

Spoils were

1. Shitty bullet hose auto rifle. Fuck this shit, gonna shard it. Bet I'm gonna get a stack of ascendent shards next
2. FUCKING HAWKMOON OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAA
3. Voidfang Vestments worse than the one I already have of ascendent shards

Pretty good hau... FUCKING HAWKMOON AAAAAAA
1. No Back Up Plans Titan exotic gauntlets
2. Unfriendly Giant
3. 10 Strange Coins

I have the first two for weeks now. I have way too many Coins.

ethomaz

Banned
With help I got the Atheon cheese on Hard (to be fair I did nothing :p).

Only a Legendary ship that I didn't want.

Nighfall? 11 energies shards.

This not started good.

Zakalwe

Banned
Loot at my video above. Almost same strat I posted in the review thread, but this one the fucking spinner doesn't even spawn.

Heh. Can't stop the cheese.

Solo that's the way, in a group of three it would be better to pop out and hit his weak spot imo. You can down him in two shrieker spawns.

Bizazedo

It isn't like the good old days of release :(

Yeah. I mean, on the bright side, I can still kill people. It's not like my k/d is 0.2 or anything.

It's just obvious how much better later assault rifles are than the Shingen E or an upgraded heavy machine gun or full talent trees or the raid armor giving me tons of extra heavy ammo or ....

Myriad of reasons.

Izuna

Banned
Heh. Can't stop the cheese.

Solo that's the way, in a group of three it would be better to pop out and hit his weak spot imo. You can down him in two shrieker spawns.

I disagree, unless the whole team has good weapons, it will take longer since the boss will move, and you might a Warlock/Night spawn.

ocean

Banned
Is anyone going for the full 3 classes at level 30?

I'm pretty close. Need raid gloves for my hunter, boots for my titan, and boots + chest for my warlock. I figure once I'm there I can take a break until the DLC.

I'll get Level 30 on my Titan and Warlock. If reputation were shared or you could buy gear for another class I'd start a Hunter too. Right now I really don't have the energy to farm reputation for purple gear again, I can't do it.

If RNG fucks me and starts giving me Hunter purple drops I'd bite though. Even two pieces would make it bearable.

Finished on hard and in record time! Got some more armor and now I have a second set of full raid gear + some extra, got shards, energy, another Vision of Confluence, another ship and Praedyths Timepiece.

Zakalwe

Banned
I disagree, unless the whole team has good weapons, it will take longer since the boss will move, and you might a Warlock/Night spawn.

Well, could do a timed run to test it I guess if you can be bothered.

All I know is it's /super/ quick if you go for the crits. The first time he died it took me completely by surprise.

I know you don't get the Nightfall rewards when running it multiple times, but do you have any chance of getting loot rolls at the end with multiple Nightfall runs or is it always zero?

Deku Tree

I'll get Level 30 on my Titan and Warlock. If reputation were shared or you could buy gear for another class I'd start a Hunter too. Right now I really don't have the energy to farm reputation for purple gear again, I can't do it.

If RNG fucks me and starts giving me Hunter purple drops I'd bite though. Even two pieces would make it bearable.

I only play as a Warlock so far, but I have a bunch of legendary or exotic gear for a future Hunter and Titan Alt. I just got a purple boot engram and I am hoping that it rolls legendary or better for a hunter or titan because my warlock doesn't need it. lol.

Izuna

Banned
Well, could do a timed run to test it I guess if you can be bothered.

All I know is it's /super/ quick if you go for the crits. The first time he died it took me completely by surprise.

No need to time. Boss health is around 40k in multiplayer. 2k a shot pretty much gives the team 6k a tick, providing everyone only has the slow reloading Queen sniper, that is 2 full clips each.

EL CUCO

Man...reading some of the spoils you guys are bringing in is making me depressed.

I might have to stay away from the thread for a while until I can score some loot worth talking about. so tired of ass

kaiiri

bleh. I hope it's not patched by the time I get home from work but I doubt it. plus I'd still need to find a checkpoint. = /

so what's the strategy with soloing nightfall this week? I hear for the 3 waves you hang out in the hallway and pick them off? then with the boss there's a cheese spot you can snipe him from at the entrance? that about it?

Cømet

Banned
I did that for the Xyor Strike, but on a few occasions I'd get nailed by a Knight up in the platform to the left. Don't think I'd want to take that sort of chance on the Nightfall.

We tried it. Angry and Lightswitch make it a bit of a nightmare. Arc damage makes the Knights deadly too.

Usually we do that and stagger Phogoth with sniper fire, the room is much safer this week.

And yes, hardmode should be fine. We were talking about it last week. 4 of us are ready for sure.

Admittedly, I don't think I'd want to risk it on nightfall either. Gets it done in like five minutes on the weekly though, since you get constant access to the boss' week spot.
Don't think I'll be soloing the nightfall this week. Absolutely loathe wizards. They make praetorians look like your best friend.

Winner re: HM. I don't think we'll really have any trouble even if the patch goes through before we do it. I'm sure gleg is happy he may not have to be relic guy again lol

Only got 10 Ass Shards on my alt character for soloing Nightfall, but that was very easy. All you need is an Arc or Burn Rocket for the Wizard spawn, then do this: (click picture for video)

Ice Breaker can renew ammo for other guns. I get 7 with my 4 bullet Sniper, other weapons get more.

I may give this a crack actually, give nightfall a go solo. Would be nice to have a different rock to hide behind.

I want to raid, do nightfall, and the weekly, but my job seems to think I should have work to do. I'm leaving early. Should be home in about 2 hours.

PSN GODSFAVORITE

Lvl 28 warlock

ethomaz

Banned
I already did the Atheon on Hard in the normal way... it was easy and fast... three or four teleports... I think it is faster than try to cheese :D

BraXzy

So any news on the hotfix? I'm not gonna be back home for another couple of hours and I wouldn't mind squeezing in a few cheeses on my alts.

Zakalwe

Banned
No need to time. Boss health is around 40k in multiplayer. 2k a shot pretty much gives the team 6k a tick, providing everyone only has the slow reloading Queen sniper, that is 2 full clips each.
40k?

6 rounds in a mag.
6-7k a crit.

That's 5-6 shots.

Willing to race you. ;)

Your way is probably faster in general due to the fact you can ignore spawns, of course.

realcZk

Only got 10 Ass Shards on my alt character for soloing Nightfall, but that was very easy. All you need is an Arc or Burn Rocket for the Wizard spawn, then do this: (click picture for video)

Ice Breaker can renew ammo for other guns. I get 7 with my 4 bullet Sniper, other weapons get more.

Cool, I always used the first spot that you were looking at but never knew you could jump on top of the door. Thanks for this video.

ethomaz

Banned
Got Hard Light from my first Nightfall run this week, is it any good?
Some guys like it and other hate it.

For me it just get good after stability upgrade... the best Auto Rifle in the game... yesterday I was using Vision of Confidence max upgrade and some times I was missing my Hard Light because it really eat enemies at low/mid range.

I have a 27 Hunter alt that I would love to cheese atheon with. If anyone has a free spot let me know. If not, well I understand how useless a 27 Hunter would be.

PSN: Subtervotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom