• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Yeah, I'm sure it reset, so whatever.

So I'd have 2 checkpoints? One at the templar and one at Atheon? That doesn't sound right.

I'm pretty sure the furthest checkpoint always persists. If you had Atheon on hard and did up to the templar in another raid group, when you restart the raid with your character as the fireteam leader it will still go to Atheon. But the weekly reset wipes all checkpoints.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Got really lucky today. To say RNG blessed me would be an understatement.

I got

Ghallajhorn
Vision of Confluence
Red Death
VEX mythoclast

This is from 2 Nightfalls and a Hard raid. I have never received anything from the raid previously except shards and loading screen ships. :/

Fatebringer, Atheon's epilogue, vision of confluence as primaries. Secondary ice breaker, predyths revenge or any fusion with void. Heavy either
Gjallarhorn, Hezen vengeance or corrective measure.

Swap around if needed for the exotic weapon. For Atheon everyone uses Gjallarhorn. We only had 4 people shooting him with horn though. Even then he is down in 5 seconds.

Alright time to find 5 other people with fully upgraded Gjallahorns.

Patroclos

Banned
Anybody want to let me in on the Hard Cheese? PSN; Dienekes21

I wish I had something to offer but alas I have only one character, a hunter. Will a good personality and sense of humor do the trick?

ocean

Banned
Can Templar be solo cheesed aswell? Or does it take a full group?
I guess you'd need at least one person to hold the Relic and cleanse while the other person spams grenades until the guy falls. Since nobody is killing Oracles it's impossible I think to push him off before the Ritual kills you.

I swear this game boots me to spite me sometimes. I see an assassination mission pop up, head up there, and right as I want to activate it... Hare error.

BraXzy

THE VEXXXXXXX!!!!

THE VEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

My exact words and excitement two seconds ago.

MADGAME

Has anyone received Fatebringer from Templar while not suppressing his teleport? In other words can you still receive FB if Templar teleports?

Lol everybody thinks it's easy but there's a certain finesse to getting Atheon to take that ever so important step towards the back column.

Yup, there are plenty of strategies for every encounter and Bungie is just weeding out the easiest ones. Atheon being the last boss made him an easy target. The teleport change is obvious in its implementation to ensure any Warlocks trying to get him knocked off the map get teleported by chance just like the others. It's a good decision to make to help prevent further created methods.

But once again, there are a lot of strategies/cheese for each phase/area/etc and I don't see them as poor ways to play the game but ways the game is being played most efficiently for your time and what you get in the end. Playing the raid for 2 hours or more to get materials and a ship is not worth it.

Buck up Bungie with better loot drops and make players want to work for it. You lost people's trust in that department.

How about some damn bounties for the raid. Make stuff like that to make people play your way than just removing strategies.

Also, fix the glitches! So many bugs (lag, not walking through a portal, clipping, not getting teleported, no sound, randomly spawning Vex, etc etc) not touched for a month! Every mission ends going to a report screen and the raid just sits there. Come on!

Matchmaking is so fucking stupid. Can I please get on the good team for once. Just one time id like to be on the team that gets positive ratios and stop having to backpack scrubs. This has never been this big of an issue for me in other games. I get way too fucking salty even though I'm doing good.

Its getting to the point that I dont even want to play unless I have a firearm in advance.

Also, why are people this ludicrously bad? I cant even communicate with them to tell them to capture fucking zones instead of standing just outside them for who knows what reason.

The salt is too fucking real. Not only do I get no rewards for being best on the team but I also get to lose. This is seemingly the only thing that isnt random in this game, "put risk on the shit team, he's trying to have a little fun before work. If he complains on gaf, just keep putting him into a game thats ongoing with no chance of a comeback."

I'm pretty sure the furthest checkpoint always persists. If you had Atheon on hard and did up to the templar in another raid group, when you restart the raid with your character as the fireteam leader it will still go to Atheon. But the weekly reset wipes all checkpoints.

Ah, ok I see what you're saying. That makes more sense. Would be cool to have a few checkpoints though. Get some practice in on whatever boss gives you the most trouble.

Seep

Just solo'd the weekly 28 friend joins a second before I put the last bullet in phogoth he gets legendary engram I get rares... bungie please.

blazeuk

I know you need it, but I ended up with the helmet again. lol

Gah! This game needs trading so badly. It's hard to complain too much after cheesing it but still, when I go through the raid properly on normal tomorrow I'm pretty sure I'll get nothing of any use for another week.

Kalamari

Which should I start out as, sunsinger or voidwalker?

It seems Sunsingers are much more valuable for raiding, I would go with that.

Also, anyone up for Nightfall PS4? As hard as it is it would be nice to have some help.

PSN: EvilKalamari

Greenymac

Just solo'd the weekly 28 friend joins a second before I put the last bullet in phogoth he gets legendary engram I get rares... bungie please.

Same shit happened to me yesterday. Soloed the daily, a fellow gaffer joins at last second. He had 0 kills, 0 assists, didnt even fire a shot. He got a legendary and I got a blue...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Nodnol

Productive evening.

Nightfall and Weekly done.

Nothing decent in rewards, nor from a Cryptarch or Vanguard package either, apart from shards and energy.

Got enough energy to fully upgrade Vision of Confluence, and the XP boost from Nightfall is the most important thing.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It seems Sunsingers are much more valuable for raiding, I would go with that.

Also, anyone up for Nightfall PS4? As hard as it is it would be nice to have some help.

PSN: EvilKalamari

Sunsinger is what you'll need for the end-game stuff - Raids/Nightfall etc, so level that up first. Voidwalker is a more Damage-based subclass though, so I find that more fun.

Yeah, I'm going with sunsinger first. Well, I'm in it now, my 3rd titan is deleted and my warlock is created.

hydruxo

using Fatebringer in Nightfall with Arc Burn on is gonna feel like

tumblr_m97wq8KphG1rcfseco1_400.gif

Patroclos

Banned
Productive evening.

Nightfall and Weekly done.

Nothing decent in rewards, nor from a Cryptarch or Vanguard package either, apart from shards and energy.

Got enough energy to fully upgrade Vision of Confluence, and the XP boost from Nightfall is the most important thing.

Is Vision of Confluence good enough for PvP for me to fully upgrade as a primary? I have it upgraded to stability and am wondering if it would be good for Iron Banner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom