• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I noticed this but your avatar looks like:

image.php

Haha I never noticed that. Now I'll never unsee it.

Acorn

My only annoyance with the raid cheese is when my team decides on the fly to cheese and it takes longer than several legitimate attempts that probably would've succeeded. I'm talking teams of half 29s half 30s. Overall, though, I don't care how other people do it, it doesn't affect me in any real way. I'm guessing people mad about the cheese want to feel special for their raid drops and don't want people that got it the easy way to feel as special as them.
If that's true, it's fucking dumb.

Congrats you got raid gear/vex by complete chance!

Does anyone want to raid VOG normal on xbox one?

My gamer tag is the same as my gaf name. I'm a 28 warlock and I've got another friend who's a 28 titan.

Ghazi

I wonder when/if we'll begin to see drastic changes to the game. Weekly events can't be strikes forever, and PvP can't just have kill playlists. End game is like a brick wall, at this point. The only goal left once you've done most things is to make it to level 30, which requires trying the raid over and over again.

When a good bit of the population hit 30, what then? It doesn't look like the expansions will add enough content to keep the game going strong for a while, and I say that as an owner of the pass, too.

HighOnPCP

I got my 4th Timebreaker as a hard Atheon drop today. I'm more special than all of you.

WTF AND I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN ONE?! Such bullshit omg...so do you have a checkpoint or nah?

(I'm just joking btw. not all that serious. Let us cheese lovers have our fun [not you specifically, in general] and enjoy the stuff you've got for completing it the legit way imo)

Zocano

Winded up in a group that cheesed Atheon on Hard and got my Lv 28 Titan the helmet.

I feel dirty |:

Thinking of just dismantling it because what's the point if I don't get it correctly.

Any of you guys want to join me for Nightfall in about 10 minutes? I'm about to scarf down my dinner real quick but am sitting in orbit. Hit me up at SquallASF

No, I mean shit players who couldn't even get past the Templar if they tried.

I completed hard mode plenty at level 29.

Trying to knock Atheon off a ledge for hours is fun? Okay.

It's got nothing to do with the loot.

I hear you, but it's not all a matter of skill. From what I can tell, most of the people doing hard raids already have their crew and always have a full fire team. It's pretty dang hard just to get into a hard raid. Once they add random teleports it'll probably be harder to find find a group willing you give you a slot.

CornDogg

Winded up in a group that cheesed Atheon on Hard and got my Lv 28 Titan the helmet.

I feel dirty |:

Thinking of just dismantling it because what's the point if I don't get it correctly.

Didn't you just get an exotic helm on that Nightfall run too? Lol.

ethomaz

Banned
My only annoyance with the raid cheese is when my team decides on the fly to cheese and it takes longer than several legitimate attempts that probably would've succeeded. I'm talking teams of half 29s half 30s. Overall, though, I don't care how other people do it, it doesn't affect me in any real way. I'm guessing people mad about the cheese want to feel special for their raid drops and don't want people that got it the easy way to feel as special as them.
I was one of these that think the Atheon's cheese last longer than do the normal way... so I prefer kill it fast.

But today when we reached the Atheon I was lefting to the others guys do the cheese (I already get the drop this morning)... and I decided to try to cheese to see how it is.

I just followed one of the guys and when he started do drop the grenades I started too and boom boss killed.

It was funny... first try by myself (I cheesed before with others guys doing it)... first cheese.

Btw I like to play in normal way... I'm just cheering the Tempar to get the 5th chest... but I don't really care if others guys wants to cheese or want checkpoint... I will be happy to share.

ethomaz

Banned
What's the point of doing hard mode with gear I got from cheesing hard mode.
I have all gears and I will continue doing hard mode just to get the others weapons.

I will be a killer machine when the next raid come.

PS. I like to do the full raid due drops and chests... I got my legs today on Kill the Iracle part... Atheon give me an useless ship.

I hear you, but it's not all a matter of skill. From what I can tell, most of the people doing hard raids already have their crew and always have a full fire team. It's pretty dang hard just to get into a hard raid. Once they add random teleports it'll probably be harder to find find a group willing you give you a slot.

I realise I got lucky and I have a great team, but there will always be people looking for other raiders even with the random teleports. I have 3 characters that'll hopefully all be able to do the hard raid soon, but I'm not gonna cheese Atheon with my level 28 Warlock just because finding a group is gonna be a little bit harder.

Just as pathetic as Destiny's loot system.

Not quite.

What's the point of doing hard mode with gear I got from cheesing hard mode.

Yah but that's the nightfall. We did it mostly normally where as I had no right actually completely Atheon on Hard at my point in progression.

Well, if you have an exoitic helm anyway, go ahead and scrap it.
Is there a way to cheaply buy armor and shard it? I need to know this too.

Only way I know is from the Vanguards. It's not very cheap though.

Zocano

Well, if you have an exoitic helm anyway, go ahead and scrap it.

I was mostly saying this cause with that helm, I could hit 30 very quickly because I wouldn't have to waste the exotic slot on the helm so I could replace one of the pieces I am missing.

I've had Insurmountable Skullfort maxed for a while but moving to exotic arms or chestplate would boost me through progression significantly.

dengatron

I'm not gonna cheese Atheon with my level 28 Warlock just because finding a group is gonna be a little bit harder.
Thats where having a nearly set group of 6 comes in so after you get to atheon you spread checkpoints around on alts and just do 3 back to back atheons on hard. Even went tonight on my 27 lock because its just that easy now.

Geneijin

Not quite.
It's no different than running alts for extra dailies, weeklies and raids. This is all to bypass the weekly limitations and restrictions that mostly serve to only slow progression in Destiny. When levels are solely based on the gear dropped and can only be obtained randomly through once a week events like the raid exclusively, how can progress happen when randomness is the key factor to preventing that? It's all to slow the player down before the DLC is out when Bungie will more than likely raise the level cap and it'll be the same shit again.

I was mostly saying this cause with that helm, I could hit 30 very quickly because I wouldn't have to waste the exotic slot on the helm so I could replace one of the pieces I am missing.

I've had Insurmountable Skullfort maxed for a while but moving to exotic arms or chestplate would boost me through progression significantly.

Ah, well it's your choice. If you hit 30 before you get the helm legit, it's gonna be kinda pointless anyway. I hit 30 before I got mine so I've never had a reason to upgrade it. Doesn't help that the Hunter helm looks fucking scary.

Zoidberg

Let even the worst players have a chance of getting the best loot in the game with no effort, seems fair.

With Xur giving access to exotics, people cheesing nightfalls or plain old RnG where people roll a ghalajorn for coming last in crucible, all real rewards in this game have been trivialized. I for one welcome our new cheese overlord strategy, where no matter the raid, all future bosses will be thrown from ledges to their death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom