• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no different than running alts for extra dailies, weeklies and raids. This is all to bypass the weekly limitations and restrictions that mostly serve to only slow progression in Destiny. When levels are solely based on the gear dropped and can only be obtained randomly through once a week events like the raid exclusively, how can progress happen when randomness is the key factor to preventing that? It's all to slow the player down before the DLC is out when Bungie will more than likely raise the level cap and it'll be the same shit again.

It's not the same thing. People will still be able to do one of those things after the patch.

figadapaura, you got that checkpoint?

Btw good run to all those with me, we made short work of it other than messing around with Atheon a bit long.

Congrats Toasty on 30.

I've done 4 strikes in the playlist tonight... And all 4 have been the Dust Palace. I guess Sony wants to make sure we really get their money's worth.

Also, primary ammo has been dropping really infrequently. I've completely run out of it 3 or 4 times now.

I realise I got lucky and I have a great team, but there will always be people looking for other raiders even with the random teleports. I have 3 characters that'll hopefully all be able to do the hard raid soon, but I'm not gonna cheese Atheon with my level 28 Warlock just because finding a group is gonna be a little bit harder.

Not quite.

Your resolve is admirable. I'm just glad that I had the opportunity to cheese and can now proceed to spend my time playing my alts and not have to worry that I missed a rare opportunity (for me) to get in on a hard raid because I had to switch characters and the fire team filled up.

I still want to do it legit even though I no longer need the loot, but the pressure is now off for that to be my only goal every time I log on.

Thats where having a nearly set group of 6 comes in so after you get to atheon you spread checkpoints around on alts and just do 3 back to back atheons on hard. Even went tonight on my 27 lock because its just that easy now.

I think I'd be kicked out of my group for suggesting that.

figadapaura, you got that checkpoint?

Btw good run to all those with me, we made short work of it other than messing around with Atheon a bit long.

Congrats Toasty on 30.

Thanks.

Yeah that was a good group, fastest hard clear outside of Atheon and without any 30s either. We cut the gatekeeper clear ridiculously close. Thought we were dead for a good 10s lol

Trojan

Is Shadow Price still the preferable auto rifle after nerf? I've got a Doctor Nope which I got from RNG and I've got a love/hate relationship with it. If SP is still worth it I'll probably buy it this week.

Any tips for someone just starting to get into the game?

I'm level 10 and just starting to think I understand what's going on. But I still don't completely understand what's happening sometimes. The decoding of the engrams..Should I be saving those?

Any other common mistakes to avoid doing?

I also got the preorder bonus through Amazon, and it said something about opening the Vanguard Armory but I don't think it's activated for me..I didn't get anything free. But I'm confident I entered and activated the code.

As I said, I'm not exactly sure I know what I'm doing yet..but the gameplay is fun.

Geneijin

:lol at least creating an alt and getting them to a high level actually takes effort. I take no issue with that.

It's not like hard raid drops are the only way to even progress.
Cheese Atheon in the first thirty seconds without using Time Vengeance solo and tell me that takes no effort.

How else can you get to level 30 figadapaura?

I'm level 10 and just starting to think I understand what's going on. But I still don't completely understand what's happening sometimes. The decoding of the engrams..Should I be saving those?

I also got the preorder bonus through Amazon, and it said something about opening the Vanguard Armory but I don't think it's activated for me..I didn't get anything free. But I'm confident I entered and activated the code.

As I said, I'm not exactly sure I know what I'm doing yet..but the gameplay is fun.

Decode them as soon as you get them, no need to save them.

The Vanguard armoury are all random drops. I've only got the Hunter helm and I was level 30 when I got it...

dengatron

Is Shadow Price still the preferable auto rifle after nerf? I've got a Doctor Nope which I got from RNG and I've got a love/hate relationship with it. If SP is still worth it I'll probably buy it this week.

the vendor shadow price is only decent, compared to if you get a drop shadow price with field scout which makes it beast. 42 rounds with great pvp damage and stability sure are swell. if you're talking about pve, the vision of confluence raid drop is better than just about every primary out there right now.

Decode them as soon as you get them, no need to save them.

The Vanguard armoury are all random drops. I've only got the Hunter helm and I was level 30 when I got it...

vanguard armory is level 5 and 10 greens sold by the guy that sells the vanguard weapons, in the hangar. the robot close to the shipwright. check his inventory for a couple green weapons and a helmet, for every class.

Go to first page of this thread and check out the guides.

Cheese Atheon in the first thirty seconds without using Time Vengeance solo and tell me that takes no effort.

How else can you get to level 30 figadapaura?

What did the rest of your fireteam do?

All other raid armour drops in Normal, get an exotic helm. Ta-da!

If you're really desperate for the raid helm, then it'll at least be easier at level 30.

It's not that, it's that you don't need a team to do it, or at least not one that has any cohesiveness. Plus you don't have to be able to complete the mechanics of the raid. So even if you can't really beat the raid, you are able to get the loot.

Geneijin

What did the rest of your fireteam do?
Rest on the sidelines like in Nightfall when I share the checkpoint.

All other raid armour drops in Normal, get an exotic helm. Ta-da!
And you still have to grind the raid once a week at least to get an opportunity for the gloves, the chest, and the boots to possibly drop.

If you're really desperate for the raid helm, then it'll at least be easier at level 30.
I never said anybody was in the first place.

Geneijin

It's not that, it's that you don't need a team to do it, or at least not one that has any cohesiveness. Plus you don't have to be able to complete the mechanics of the raid. So even if you can't really beat the raid, you are able to get the loot.
It is however. figadapaura never made that distinction. He just said it took less effort than grinding story and Vanguard bounties for 6-10 hours for an alt.

If figadapaura can solo it, I would like to see that and then for him to tell me in the same instance it's no effort.

It is however. figadapaura never made that distinction. He just said it took less effort than grinding story and Vanguard bounties for 6-10 hours for an alt.

If figadapaura can solo it, I would like to see that and then for him to tell me in the same instance it's no effort.

Looks like I'm gonna have to change gender first. But, my main is a Hunter so you're gonna have to wait for that one.

MADGAME

Screw the haters, I have 3 Atheon Hard checkpoints. Going to complete 2 and give away until all Gaffers who want it have it. You will need to assist

HighOnPCP

Just realized that you can cheese the oracles, you can cheese the templar, you can cheese the gorgon maze and you can cheese atheon. That's like, the whole raid.

Trojan

the vendor shadow price is only decent, compared to if you get a drop shadow price with field scout which makes it beast. 42 rounds with great pvp damage and stability sure are swell. if you're talking about pve, the vision of confluence raid drop is better than just about every primary out there right now.

Great info, thanks. I'm going to steer clear of the vendor SP then and use my marks elsewhere. I actually got a Vision of Confluence drop on my first raid and am working on leveling that beast up right now. Great scout rifle, especially for Hive.

bargeparty

I've come to the conclusion that the hunter boots look terrible and the shaders i have don't really make it match. Blue chest and arms with black pants, what?

Default is some awful green/gold thing.

Need to get legendary boots to continue progressing, as I only have rare in that slot. I can finally buy a set from the Vanguard, but it has worse INT/DIS stats than a pair I can but from Future War Cult. Should I just buy what I can now, since they may get replaced anyways? I feel like I'm over thinking this since I don't want to have to regrind for mats by making a poor choice.

Did the Nightfall then the Weekly 28. Got 12 energies from the Nightfall while my teammates got Last Word and Crusader I. Weekly, I got 4 blue engrams (in addition to the coins) while my teammates each got a legendary engram with the blues. :(

Oh well. At least I'll probably another crack at the Nightfall sometime this week with my alt. Just gotta find someone willing to carry since my Titan is 25. Someone was nice enough to do that for me last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom