• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg

Just realized that you can cheese the oracles, you can cheese the templar, you can cheese the gorgon maze and you can cheese atheon. That's like, the whole raid.

They really need to just let the raid go, it was their first attempt and alot of stuff didn't get tested properly. Any time spent fixing bugs now is a waste and should be spent on the moon raid.

I've come to the conclusion that the hunter boots look terrible and the shaders i have don't really make it match. Blue chest and arms with black pants, what?

Default is some awful green/gold thing.
Meh I just need to get the hunter boots to reach lvl30
assuming xur has a exotic chest for the hunter

Whelp Ps4 will no longer connect to wifi. Guess I'll by an Ethernet cable tommrrow

I get that error sometimes, it's mostly another device having the same IP as the PS4. just reset the network settings and reboot the PS4, it should connect.

Best would be if you can assign a static IP to the PS4 from your router settings.

dengatron

Apparently you can just look at the floor and they will not kill you.
Some kind of medusa thing going on there.

doesn't actually work but gorgons are a joke anyways with the proper path. and by oracles he meant oracle templar phase, not atheon oracles. i've found a great spot that'll work incredibly even if they fix templar oracle cheese, however, so i'll give sweet tipz if and when that becomes an issue.

Geneijin

Amazing teamwork. Clearly they put a lot of effort in.
So the value of individual effort is less than team effort? Okay then. Make that distinction in the first place. What teamwork was required when creating an alt then? Clearly, creating an alt is a lot of effort because it required teamwork.

And what was your point originally then? You didn't even refute my earlier point and agreed the only difference between the Atheon cheese and the creation of alts was one of them was getting patched out.

I didn't even imply that you did.
Then why bring it up and ignore the loot system in Destiny?

HighOnPCP

They really need to just let the raid go, it was their first attempt and alot of stuff didn't get tested properly. Any time spent fixing bugs now is a waste and should be spent on the moon raid.

I agree.
As someone who has done the raid legit and with extra cheese I can say: It's still fun either way! Doing it the legit way feels rewarding when you actually get something useful as a reward but if not...it actually feels shitty imo. If you cheese it you can just take it lightly and laugh it up with your friends while Atheon falls to his death. IMO they should just let it be and like you said, concentrate on future raids and to making those amazing (I have a feeling the moon raid will be super frustrating and super fun)

Iceman829

Anyone up for one last hard mode cheese on XB1. I'll just take a checkpoint if you have one.

I have a lvl 30 warlock with me and I also have a 28 warlock

Raxus

Doing nightfall on my Warlock.

PSN is College_boy

Bring Arc weapons

Please excuse my bad disposition. It has been a long day :p

dengatron

So the value of individual effort is less than team effort? Okay then. Make that distinction in the first place. What teamwork was required when creating an alt then? Clearly, creating an alt is a lot of effort because it required teamwork.

the teamwork involved in creating alts was the requirement to have others shoot monsters while you afk'd at the loot cave. sick strats

HighOnPCP

Ok I should've tried it myself (the gorgon thing) but like you guys said gorgon's are not a big deal at all so they're basically cheesing themselves.

Decided to call it a short night after a handful of tiger strikes and turned all my engrams in. Ranked up with the Cryptarch and got a rare and legendary engram. This was inside the legendary. So what a good way to end a night haha

l6c3cCp.jpg

I'm not sure why you find it so hard to grasp the difference between creating an alt and doing a raid. I'd like to see you solo the entire raid, then this comparison might actually be worthy of discussion.
And what was your point originally then? You didn't even refute my earlier point and agreed the only difference between the Atheon cheese and the creation of alts was one of them was getting patched out.

I didn't agree, maybe you should read better.
Then why bring it up and ignore the loot system in Destiny?

Wtf? I was answering your dumb question.

mstevens

Need some gear advice..

I have the Bad Seed Down (pulse rifle... it is bad) and Icebreaker. That's pretty much it.

I'm about to have 150 Vanguard and 150 Crucible marks. I have rank 3 vanguard / rank 3 new monarchy. I was *going* to buy the Vanquisher VIII and maybe a Void or Arc Heavy.. but now I'm thinking I should look at my options..

Would you guys recommend me going a different route? Maybe what is the best primary from both vendors and what would be a good compliment from the other? Would prefer the primary to be a Scout or Auto Rifle.. Don't care too much about the heavy.

Zoidberg

Ok I should've tried it myself (the gorgon thing) but like you guys said gorgon's are not a big deal at all so they're basically cheesing themselves.

Maybe the true purpose of the vault is to perfect their cheese making. They can make some cheese, set it aside, time travel into the future and retrieve aged cheese.

HighOnPCP

Decided to call it a short night after a handful of tiger strikes and turned all my engrams in. Ranked up with the Cryptarch and got a rare and legendary engram. This was inside the legendary. So what a good way to end a night haha

l6c3cCp.jpg

Nice! This and Gjallahorn is all I want as far as weapons go. Pretty much got everything else I want/need. Maybe Hawkmoon too but I got The Last Word so who cares :D

I'm now 0 for 6 on getting anything good from the Nightfall lol
Got me another Bad Seed Down, Dismantled for energy.
Always next week, Bring on Xur!

xCobalt

I was doing a patrol on Venus (specifically Ember Caves) and I think those red explosives count as enemies. The patrol asked me to kill Fallen and get their drops. Shot at a random barrel with no enemies around it and it dropped the patrol item.

Just checked my inventory:

Vex Mythoclast x 3
Mida Multi Tool x 2
Suros Regime x 2
Icebreaker
Hawkmoon
Monte Carlo
Thorn
Invective
Bad Juju
Red Death
Pocket Infinity Trinity
Super Good Advice
Plan C

i think the only ones i'm missing are gjallarhorn, thunderlord, patience and time, universal remote, hard light and the last word.

HighOnPCP

Maybe the true purpose of the vault is to perfect their cheese making. They can make some cheese, set it aside, time travel into the future and retrieve aged cheese.

woah are we part of some sick cheese experiment? So check me out, next raid is on the moon...we all know the moon is made out of cheese...BOOM.

2real4tv

l6c3cCp.jpg
This is all I need to complete the set I want.

Just checked my inventory:

Vex Mythoclast x 3
Mida Multi Tool x 2
Suros Regime x 2
Icebreaker
Hawkmoon
Monte Carlo
Thorn
Bad Juju
Red Death
Pocket Infinity Trinity
Super Good Advice
Plan C

i think the only ones i'm missing are gjallarhorn, thunderlord, patience and time, hard light and the last word.
I thought you had the gjallarhorn

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Why are people checkpoint begging anyway? Not good enough to kill the Templar on hard? Or just want to save time?

Why are people checkpoint begging anyway? Not good enough to kill the Templar on hard? Or just want to save time?

I've already beaten the raid on Hard the legit way. I just want to save time.

Edit: I don't beg for checkpoints, though, because I do find it annoying. I just send requests whenever people offer their checkpoints and I try to share some myself when I can.

Zoidberg

woah are we part of some sick cheese experiment? So check me out, next raid is on the moon...we all know the moon is made out of cheese...BOOM.

Vex perfecting their cheese crafting in order to take over the hive cheese base on the moon and take them off the market. House of wolves has broken off from the Queen to start a rival cheese business and are hiding in the reef perfecting their craft.

Cheestiny confirmed.

Mindlog

Ran into some players trying to open the Vault. New to raiding I believe. Took a bit to get going, but made it to the Oracles with only 4. Not too shabby.

after the cheese is patched, i hope they patch the raid so that the checkpoints are stored for every member. even if people weren't trying to cheese it, i couldn't imagine reliably coordinating with a group of PUGs if your fireteam leader decided to use the checkpoint with another group.

i don't see anything wrong with sharing checkpoints on its own given that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom