• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

Whelp Ps4 will no longer connect to wifi. Guess I'll by an Ethernet cable tommrrow

Try resetting the PS4 menu options to default from the settings menu. This resets the wifi adapter. Worked for me when I had a similar issue. Note it will also reset every other option to the default setting, so you'll have to change back other things.

HighOnPCP

Vex perfecting their cheese crafting in order to take over the hive cheese base on the moon and take them off the market. House of wolves has broken off from the Queen to start a rival cheese business and are hiding in the reef perfecting their craft.

Cheestiny confirmed.

Gonna see this post on kotaku tomorrow:

WHOLE DESTINY PLOT LEAKED!

lupin23rd

Is there any difference in the first chest in the raid between hard and normal mode?

My team wants to open the door on hard and get the chest but then start again on normal (not sure if there is a continuation or they think there is), and I'm wondering if there is any advantage In doing this at all? I'm thinking no.

Whelp Ps4 will no longer connect to wifi. Guess I'll by an Ethernet cable tommrrow

if you can use ethernet comfortably (not running a 100 ft wire through your house) and don't move your PS4, i think it's largely the better option. it's supposed to be a sturdier connection.

The idiots who built my house didn't wire ethernet ports through the walls, so i have to use Wi-Fi unless i'm running a cable through the TV box in another room. There's only one of those, and up until recently it was plugged into my PC.

Is there any difference in the first chest in the raid between hard and normal mode?

My team wants to open the door on hard and get the chest but then start again on normal (not sure if there is a continuation or they think there is), and I'm wondering if there is any advantage In doing this at all? I'm thinking no.

No point, that chest won't give any loot if you have already looted it on normal.

dengatron

after the cheese is patched, i hope they patch the raid so that the checkpoints are stored for every member. even if people weren't trying to cheese it, i couldn't imagine reliably coordinating with a group of PUGs if your fireteam leader decided to use the checkpoint with another group.

i don't see anything wrong with sharing checkpoints on its own given that.

everyone in the group can start back up where they personally left off if they died after a certain checkpoint. the ability to share atheons amongst alts is done by bringing dudes into your group, wiping, and then laddering alts until someone has 3 saves and you do 3 back to back.

Try resetting the PS4 menu options to default from the settings menu. This resets the wifi adapter. Worked for me when I had a similar issue. Note it will also reset every other option to the default setting, so you'll have to change back other things.
Menu options? Where's that in settings?

No.

Trojan

Decided to call it a short night after a handful of tiger strikes and turned all my engrams in. Ranked up with the Cryptarch and got a rare and legendary engram. This was inside the legendary. So what a good way to end a night haha

l6c3cCp.jpg

Wow that camo perk is beast

everyone in the group can start back up where they personally left off if they died after a certain checkpoint. the ability to share atheons amongst alts is done by bringing dudes into your group, wiping, and then laddering alts until someone has 3 saves and you do 3 back to back.

interesting info. thanks.

if you can use ethernet comfortably (not running a 100 ft wire through your house) and don't move your PS4, i think it's largely the better option. it's supposed to be a sturdier connection.

The idiots who built my house didn't wire ethernet ports through the walls, so i have to use Wi-Fi unless i'm running a cable through the TV box in another room. There's only one of those, and up until recently it was plugged into my PC.
The router is literally like right outside my room. 10ft maybe?

Vanguard 5, nightfall done, and weekly strike done today on my hunter.

Got a second 'The Devil you know' for one of my alts, as well as a second A.1F19X-RYL which I kept for my hunter. Also purchased a shadow price as I liked a legendary AR.

I think i'm going to just bite the bullet and spend the shards to get my characters to 28 already. I doubt i'll ever raid much, so I can't see holding back anymore.

Now I just wait patiently until Math gets bored and wants to do a speed normal mode raid run ;p Seriously though, anyone down for a speed run? Prefer 29+ so it's truly speedy.

blackflag

i skipped it the first week because it was solar.

big mistake.

the game's literally given me all the exotics i never cared about, except the vex. both of those mida multi tools are from today, lol

Duuuuude biggest regret...I had the coins and was like, well, unfriendly giant is good enough.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It doesn't matter to me if raid starts at the beginning. I just need people to play with and I know I cannot beat stuff like that on my own.

Trojan

These Destiny OTs move insanely fast. This is the most "love it/hate it" game in recent memory. So much trash talk on the forums but ppl can't stop playing.

NeOak

something is fucked up with my modem.

It's not sending or receiving data from the router. Or how ever that works. It's getting up in years. Probably need a new one.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=105&cp_id=10501&cs_id=1050106&p_id=6999&seq=1&format=2

Use these. They have great DACs. They actually give me better throughput than Cisco ones lol.

Do Minotaur's have a weak spot?

inv3BKMC2tO86.gif

Geneijin

I'm not sure why you find it so hard to grasp the difference between creating an alt and doing a raid. I'd like to see you solo the entire raid, then this comparison might actually be worthy of discussion.
I know the difference. It's you who's changing the argument.

I said cheesing Atheon was as pathetic as the loot system in Destiny. You said it wasn't. I said the loot system was pathetic because it's mainly to inhibit progression in Destiny until new DLC came out. You acknowledge the only difference was one method was being patched out, and that the effort was less valuable than creating an alt. But one effort is less time consuming than the other, and this all goes back to the randomness in the progression system of Destiny that we have yet to talk about. I asked you to attempt to cheese Atheon on Hard and tell me it takes less effort, and then you started talking about how team effort was suddenly the standard of measuring the value of an effort. So first you were talking about how worthless it was to cheese Atheon compared to creating an alt that's just a time consuming grind to teamwork is necessary for the effort to be more valuable and validated. Next thing we'll be talking about is practice. So who's not understanding what's being talked about here?

I didn't agree, maybe you should read better.
If you didn't agree, you ignored my point then.

Wtf? I was answering your dumb question.
Because your answer didn't even answer my original question.

Acorn

They need to add another way to get gear to level 30. I've done it every fucking week without a single piece, I know they won't because they don't want you to be 30 before dlc but it's fucking annoying.

Some people get a whole set in one run it's infuriating.

They need to add another way to get gear to level 30. I've done it every fucking week without a single piece, I know they won't because they don't want you to be 30 before dlc but it's fucking annoying.

I haven't even gotten an exotic bounty. Some people have gotten multliple copies of the same one.

I know that pain.

MildSoss

I know that feeling, it's to the point where i'm just expecting shards now after every checkpoint. lol

dengatron

i think we need to focus on the real most ridiculous nonsense in the game, which is when doing atheon on hard before normal, and you get your bonus loot pinata, and you see a yellow drop pop up, and get excited about it, only to find out it's a god damn universal fucking remote.

i think we need to focus on the real most ridiculous nonsense in the game, which is when doing atheon on hard before normal, and you get your bonus loot pinata, and you see a yellow drop pop up, and get excited about it, only to find out it's a god damn universal fucking remote.

oh, i'm missing this too.

well not really. what am i gonna do with a shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom