• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

I haven't even gotten an exotic bounty. Some people have gotten multliple copies of the same one.

I know that pain.
Once you get one they seem to come faster. For whatever reason :/.They become a annoyance since most of the weapons aren't worth the effort.

I know that feeling, it's to the point where i'm just expecting shards now after every checkpoint. lol
I have gotten the crappy ship you can't even shard in every hard drop for Atheon. Lol

dengatron

oh, i'm missing this too.

well not really. what am i gonna do with a shotgun

i'm missing mythoclast(14 runs... bungle pls)
thorn(abandoned this dude like 6-7 times already just cause it was interrupting maximum bounty potential)
patience and time
plan c
thunderlord
and gjallarhorn(the only thing in life i regret)

i've had at least one of everything else, including 4 hawkmoons, 3 midas, 2 red death, and 2 icebreaker. i play too much.

I know the difference. It's you who's changing the argument.

I said cheesing Atheon was as pathetic as the loot system in Destiny. You said it wasn't. I said the loot system was pathetic because it's mainly to inhibit progression in Destiny until new DLC came out. You acknowledge the only difference was one method was being patched out, and that the effort was less valuable than creating an alt. But one effort is less time consuming than the other, and this all goes back to the randomness in the progression system of Destiny that we have yet to talk about. I asked you to attempt to cheese Atheon on Hard and tell me it takes less effort, and then you started talking about how team effort was suddenly the standard of measuring the value of an effort. So first you were talking about how worthless it was to cheese Atheon compared to creating an alt that's just a time consuming grind to teamwork is necessary for the effort to be more valuable and validated. Next thing we'll be talking about is practice. So who's not understanding what's being talked about here?

Still you. I brought up your team members because they put no effort in, which was my point. They just had to stand there and still got loot. I don't really care that you think you put a sufficient amount of effort in.

You're gonna have to explain to me how I acknowledged anything you said, because I definitely didn't say that's the only difference.

And I'm guessing you just skipped my post where I said my main is a Hunter?

I'm not moving any fucking goalposts here, you seem to need me to spell everything out for you.

If you didn't agree, you ignored my point then.

And what was that? You think I don't know the loot system is shit?

Because your answer didn't even answer my original question.

You asked me how else you can get to level 30 without doing hard raid. What part of that question didn't I answer?

lupin23rd

Might have room for one more for normal raid on PS4 - usual problems getting a sixth guy.

PSN ID is lupin23rd.

Will be doing crucible for a bit until we find our man.

V_V
E8B2_clip_image003.gif

mstevens

Posting for a new page:

Need some gear advice..

I have the Bad Seed Down (pulse rifle... it is bad) and Icebreaker. That's pretty much it.

I'm about to have 150 Vanguard and 150 Crucible marks. I have rank 3 vanguard / rank 3 new monarchy. I was *going* to buy the Vanquisher VIII and maybe a Void or Arc Heavy.. but now I'm thinking I should look at my options..

Would you guys recommend me going a different route? Maybe what is the best primary from both vendors and what would be a good compliment from the other? Would prefer the primary to be a Scout or Auto Rifle.. Don't care too much about the heavy.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I got "Patience and Time" from the nightfall tonight.
Wow!
Had never even heard of this exotic before. So sweet. Has a nice sound to it too.

BadAss2961

I think i've reached the point where the game isn't worth playing anymore until the weekly resets. Got the shards, but not the raid gear. RNGesus pls :(

mstevens

One more time for a new page- Need expert advice:

Need some gear advice..

I have the Bad Seed Down (pulse rifle... it is bad) and Icebreaker. That's pretty much it.

I'm about to have 150 Vanguard and 150 Crucible marks. I have rank 3 vanguard / rank 3 new monarchy. I was *going* to buy the Vanquisher VIII and maybe a Void or Arc Heavy.. but now I'm thinking I should look at my options..

Would you guys recommend me going a different route? Maybe what is the best primary from both vendors and what would be a good compliment from the other? Would prefer the primary to be a Scout or Auto Rifle.. Don't care too much about the heavy.

CLBridges

Raid down again this week and I finally get some raid armor (boots). Hopefully later this week I might try Hard mode and get chest and arms, but it might be next week. Other than the boots just shards and a duplicate Glass Minuet ship. Guess I'll give the ship to my titan once it hits 20. Guess I'll get back to working on the Bad Juju bounty, think I have 14 strikes left...

That's why they're being so stingy with it.
There should've been legendaries armor sets for each of the strikes along with weapons. Should've had emblems gained from beating either the raid or strikes.

We could all go on and on really.

Bah humbug

Yeah, the lack of variety is pretty shocking. A lot of times it's the same gun/armour with a different name and slightly different perks.
Seriously, look at Dead Orbits AR then the Epilogue. It's like they're twins.

if they did the leveling system properly, nobody would have more than 5 exotics right now and there wouldn't be any level 30s. am used to level cap grinds taking months, not weeks.
I wish I could go back in time and slap whoever thought of this armor lvl thing.

I hate it.

Mindlog

Second Vision of Confluence. Yeah I'll level that for my alt.
Second Suros. Yeah I'll level that for my alt.
Timebreaker. Nope. That's mine.

Thanks for the share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom