• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatti-man

Yikes.

Yea I've got to say it feels pretty good after hitting 30 to be able to carry some people and explain the fights to them. Even though I don't get it anymore, it's cool to hear people get all excited about seeing the raid for the first time. It definitely reminds me of how it was when I first did it.

yeah i like taking one or two new peeps at a time. No more though or it turns into a long affair. Took a new guy today and got done in an hour and a half. Got my boots too lvl 30 here i come.

dengatron

I still cannot get the GateKeeper strat down.

I will grab a relic and run in mars gate but i blind fast and cant hang to hit goblins when minitaurs are killing my 29 quickly on way out.

Tried to get mars boss down first, have two guys enter venus as i grab mars relic in Conjuntiin to them but that fails

A lot of wasted effort on hard. We have 2 people go in to left portal first and go to the back right of the room and icebreak the gatekeeper until hes nearly dead then someome speedily runs along the right side while the one that stayed kills the keeper and runs out. First dude grabs the shield and exits. Same 2 go into right venusy portal and use shield super and rockets to kill everything in 10 seconds and get the second shield in less time than opening 3 different portals

if its normal, the same thing works and is just as fast, but is kind of overkill

edit: and i actually did that above strat at level 25 on normal, so it'll easily work at 29 on hard.

Is there any explanation why some goblins in the raid have the void weapons used by the minotaurs?

It's especially annoying in hard raid during the conflux defense stage when random goblins will spawn with minotaur guns and screw up one or more players.

I'm positive it's a bug that bungie has failed to address.

Trojan

My exotics, plus some legendaries

BqjFP61.png

I still have some more legendaries in my inventory, just ran out of room in the vault

Jeebus Crikes

Future

Crucible is still an auto rifle shotgun land with the occasional hawkmoon and scout. I doubt think gun nerfs are gonna do it. This map design and the fact you can spawn with a shotgun means it will always be this way

Crucible is still an auto rifle shotgun land with the occasional hawkmoon and scout. I doubt think gun nerfs are gonna do it. This map design and the fact you can spawn with a shotgun means it will always be this way

Yup, that's pretty much the biggest design flaw they made. No amount of nerfs outside of neutering the shotgun will fix that.

A_Gorilla

Banned
We just lost a person on our normal raid so we need one more, we're at the start of the gatekeeper area.

PSN: El_Bombastico, Eldritch_Spectre, or Zocano, or The_Reckoning

Zakalwe

Banned
An easy Nerf would be increasing the amount of super bar that whiffed attacks do. Last night I saw a dancer activate some distance away. All he did was mash attack and zig zag so fast he's almost impossible I shoot, kill me. Then I see him continually zig zag on my death screen and get someone else

Each attack should be planned. This is like giving the golden infinite ammo for 10 seconds. Just fire randomly without a care in the world

This is the best feedback regarding a Bladedancer balance that I've read in a while.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My weapons and armor are clearly not up to par. It's taking me like 20 bullets just to kill a regular goblin. I'm just running around getting cheap shots in and distracting enemies.

Zakalwe

Banned
I agree they nerfed it too much. But if it's the best weapon by a mile it just constricts the choices of the players that have it. Why choose any other exotic if you have the Vex?

Not by a mile, but by a hair would be ok.

There will always be a most effective weapon, as long as it isn't by a huge margin (like the Mythoclast was) then choice is still valid.

And plenty of us own the Regime and don't break it out for pvp. Mine is almost constantly stowed these days, despite it clearly being the best all round pvp weapon.

patchday

Thanks for helping out!

Shitty timing for our friends Internet to go out (apparently a lot of his city went down) but cheers to your friend as well for helping out near the end there.

Had fun and got even more experience. np yo! Also got a nice legendary cape and more shards :D

jbortz78

Tried to solo the nightfall yesterday (lvl 27 voidwalker), didnt think I would get very far but made it to the 2 yellow knights just before Pogoth. Ofc I got greedy and took a few shots to many and died... If I just would take the time to lvl my sunsinger (but its soo slow...) and have free rez. Also need some better arc weapons (only have a rare fusion and semi crapy rare sniper) since my Icebreaker wont take me all the way.

But Im glad I tried and will def try again at lvl28 (or maybe tonight...)

broony

Looking to do the whole raid from the start on normal this evening. Will be on 8:30 GMT, 3:30 Eastern.

I have a 28 Warlock and have done the raid in full without cheese once.

Ideally it would be cool to have a mix of experience and new people, but hopefully you will be 27 up and have reasonable weapons.

I´m so happy that the Vex mythoclast is going to get a bump. It had too much power pre nerf, but now its just sad that the hardest gun in the game is worse than other exotics.

It's really getting frustrating now. For 4 raids now I'm already waiting for the raid breast plate in order to finally hit level 30 but the game just doesn't want to give me one. I have 46 ass shards that I just can't use for shit...

I think it's about time Bungie figures out a way to get to level 30 more easily. This is pure luck based and friggin sucks. Having to wait another week to try again is bullshit.

Seep

Looking to do the whole raid from the start on normal this evening. Will be on 8:30 GMT, 3:30 Eastern.

I have a 28 Warlock and have done the raid in full without cheese once.

Ideally it would be cool to have a mix of experience and new people, but hopefully you will be 27 up and have reasonable weapons.
I'm up for that, completed it twice. 28 warlock or hunter good mix of weapons. Seep_UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom