• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

the first one! I am very much a David Gemmell fan! XD I use to use "kaelin" or "kaelin ring" often as a game name. lol.

My character in FFXIV's first name is Virae ;p Read my first of his books as a bet back in highschool ("I bet I can read a novel faster than you" *picks up a book with a warrior dude and a tiger on the cover* "This looks ok"...2 days later I was finished.)

Can anyone confirm possible raid armor drop points? I haven't got any yet and would like to know. Is it just from Atheon? Can the Templar also give it? Any of the chests has a chance to drop it?

Maledict

Last weekly update: http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---10172014/en/News/News?aid=12295
They said they are going to buff it for PVE.
But since they don't make different stats for PVE and PVP, we're probably going to see a lot of back and forths on this gun in the next patches...

Damage on weapons is a PvE stat - it doesn't do anything in Pvp as the numbers are balanced. If they increase the damage over 300 it will be better for PvE but won't be impacted for Pvp at all from my understanding (except Iron Banner).

grimmiq

Can anyone confirm possible raid armor drop points? I haven't got any yet and would like to know. Is it just from Atheon? Can the Templar also give it? Any of the chests has a chance to drop it?

1st is after the Oracles phase before Templar.
2nd is beating Templar.
3rd is after the Gatekeeper phase in Atheon.
4th is Atheon.

Damage on weapons is a PvE stat - it doesn't do anything in Pvp as the numbers are balanced. If they increase the damage over 300 it will be better for PvE but won't be impacted for Pvp at all from my understanding (except Iron Banner).

Edit: Even Iron Banner, since they lied.

My condolence. I wish enough people from my group would have level 30 so we could at least also try the hard raid. But no, with this sucky suck drop rate only one out of a dozen of us hit level 30, so there is just no way for us to do the hard raid....

Bungie could at least patch in some kind of trade system. It sucked that when I got the raid gauntlets for the 2nd time I couldn't give them to one of my mates but had to scrap them for more ass shards I don't need.

why do you need to wait until 30? 29 is easily enough, I mean, like I said none of my 3 characters are 29, and I run it with all three every week.

Total 9 raids complete counting today's run, not a single armor drop. Are you guys sure raid gear drops in raid?

Bungie should've made it one guaranteed drop per weekly raid, imo. And make sure you can't get duplicates, unless they have different stats. Having to depend on RNGesus to get you to level 30 is just cruel. You'll still need to raid more, because you'll run out of Ascendant Shards fast.

kaiiri

My character in FFXIV's first name is Virae ;p Read my first of his books as a bet back in highschool ("I bet I can read a novel faster than you" *picks up a book with a warrior dude and a tiger on the cover* "This looks ok"...2 days later I was finished.)

haha. my first book of his was the last guardian. was bored some summer back in high school and found it lying in the house (my dad was a big fantasy reader) and decided wth I'll give it a try.. and ended up finishing it in a couple days and started hunting down all his books! XD

raided monday, weekly heroic and nightfall today. feeling good.

though i've been getting nothing but energies lately, i need some shards WOOF.

B0iehOzCUAALqKb.jpg:orig

the last thing i did tonight, just chilled on a rock after i got some spirit blooms.

Bungie should've made it one guaranteed drop per weekly raid, imo. And make sure you can't get duplicates, unless they have different stats. Having to depend on RNGesus to get you to level 30 is just cruel. You'll still need to raid more, because you'll run out of Ascendant Shards fast.

I think I'll just put all my shards in normal gear and get to 29 at least, I've been lvl 28 for WEEKS. My regular raid team has moved on to hard and they don't even invite me anymore because I'm puny 28 :(

I think I'll just put all my shards in normal gear and get to 29 at least, I've been lvl 28 for WEEKS. My regular raid team has moved on to hard and they don't even invite me anymore because I'm puny 28 :(

Might not be a bad idea. Once you get your raid gear, you're at least guaranteed to get some shards from your legendary stuff. I just wish the return of investment was bigger. :lol

Ah cool, so if you do hard first, you don't have to bother doing normal at all?

Basically.

Loomba

Normal rewards you once a week.
Hard rewards you once a week.

If you do hard first you get both sets of rewards at once.

Hard mode has items that normal doesn't (Mythoclast, raid helm, Etc...).

Ah cool, so if you do hard first, you don't have to bother doing normal at all?

By the way Void, we missed a chest last week. There's one that only shows up if we prevent the Templar from teleporting. We have to keep that in mind next run.

15599198225_ae33a9f403_b.jpg

Just finished the hard raid with my third character, thus finishing off the week for all my toons. None of them received boots allowing me to reach 30 (My hunter was the only one to receive any raid gear, a helmet). I received no Weapons, besides the Mytho, which I got on each of my characters (note the four fraking mythos). Just shit tons of ass shards and energy. I can upgrade every piece of gear I could possibly get... if I could get any.

Steroyd

Yeah, I treated it as a future investment raising my none raid gear so I got to level 29, because in that instance the worse that could happen is you get a return on the ass shards you used to level up in the first place.

Tekku

15599198225_ae33a9f403_b.jpg

Just finished the hard raid with my third character, thus finishing off the week for all my toons. None of them received boots allowing me to reach 30 (My hunter was the only one to receive any raid gear, a helmet). I received no Weapons, besides the Mytho, which I got on each of my characters (note the four fraking mythos). Just shit tons of ass shards and energy. I can upgrade every piece of gear I could possibly get... if I could get any.

Holy crap that's a lot of high-level stuff. I feel sorry for you man. So much dedication yet no drop that will take you to 30. :/

Atkison04

Anyway you can FR me, it's hanging on me, I saw your Drake avatar, then PSN went to shit =C
PSN same as GAF name

That must have been another user bro. I thought my avatar was a mountain from Journey or a pic of my kids, definitely not Drake! I'll FR you after work since me and a buddy are planning on running thru Nightfall/9 coin with my alt this evening.

Holy crap that's a lot of high-level stuff. I feel sorry for you man. So much dedication yet no drop that will take you to 30. :/

I feel sorry for myself, I wasted a pitiful amount of time, it's much better now at least. I do the three raids, then I'm done for the week. So at least it's only like 6-8 hours per week now. I had this goal of being the first person to reach 30 with each class. But that ship has long since sailed lol.

anddo0

Bungie, give me a reason to play this game again.

ONE REASON.

It's fun.

Not anymore, it's not.

Doing bounties has become mundane.
what's the f*!#ing point? to level all those exotics I have?

Oh wait, they're pretty much all upgraded.

Tiger Strikes, again what's the point if you're 29 and have most of the best gear in the game?
Strikes are boring, and desperately need that rumored patch to make them more casual friendly.

Crucible, lol..I have no interest in that clusterf*!@.

Daily challenges are recycled bullshit. Only good for shards.

Weekly challenges are just recycled Nightfall, with less variables.
I have no issues with Nightfall, although they can all be cheesed.

Normal Raids have become somewhat mundane. I actually find Nightfall to be far more challenging.

Hard Raids, if I can get into one.. Are the only thing holding my interest in this game. It sucks that I basically have to be carried, despite playing this game everyday, since day one... That's really f*!#ed up, IMO. I shouldn't need anyone to carry me at this point.

Clearly, after 12+ Raids, frustration has set in.
Where is the reward?

Now more than ever, it feels like a mindless grind with no end in sight.
The one item I need is totally based on luck.

Truly, Fu*# You Bungie

What should they do to fix bad Juju? What does everyone think they'll actually do though?

I'm hoping they increase the impact by a fucking ton. Like 4x the impact it has now. The thing would be a fucking beast if they did that.

Though I think they'll just increase magazine size in which case the gun will still be shit.

For Thorn I'm hoping they make the damage over time stack up to six shots. The way it is right now kinda blows. I wouldn't even care about a magazine increase if they did that. Maybe up the rate of fire a little bit as well

Can I get 29 with 1 piece of raid gear and 1 exotic maxed out? The rest of my armour being legendary of course.

You can get to 29 with purely non-raid legendaries I believe.

I know for a fact you can definitely reach 29 with one exotic, and the rest non-raid legendaries.

Steroyd

Can I get 29 with 1 piece of raid gear and 1 exotic maxed out? The rest of my armour being legendary of course.

That will get you to 28 and a half if the other legendary pieces are levelled up until you need to use ass shards.

If you do use ass shards on one of the other non raid pieces you will get to 29.

Midas

Not anymore, it's not.

Doing bounties has become mundane.
what's the f*!#ing point? to level all those exotics I have?

Oh wait, they're pretty much all upgraded.

Tiger Strikes, again what's the point if you're 29 and have most of the best gear in the game?
Strikes are boring, and desperately need that rumored patch to make them more casual friendly.

Crucible, lol..I have no interest in that clusterf*!@.

Daily challenges are recycled bullshit. Only good for shards.

Weekly challenges are just recycled Nightfall, with less variables.
I have no issues with Nightfall, although they can all be cheesed.

Normal Raids have become somewhat mundane. I actually find Nightfall to be far more challenging.

Hard Raids, if I can get into one.. Are the only thing holding my interest in this game. It sucks that I basically have to be carried, despite playing this game everyday, since day one... That's really f*!#ed up, IMO. I shouldn't need anyone to carry me at this point.

Clearly, after 12+ Raids, frustration has set in.
Where is the reward?

Now more than ever, it feels like a mindless grind with no end in sight.
The one item I need is totally based on luck.

Truly, Fu*# You Bungie

Yeah, normal raid isn't hard at all if everything goes smooth. I agree. I also agree with some stuff you wrote, but after all - I still think it's fun. For whatever reason that is, I can't really understand it myself, because I've done everything you can except beating the raid on hard.

What about that strike thing? More casual friendly? What do you mean?

Rixa

Finally, getting this game. If everything (postal company) goes well Iam playing game this weeks saturday evening (EET). Alpha & Beta was fun for the casual gamestyle Iam playing, waiting same for the full game. Iam choosing Warlock & playing PS4 version. In beta I did profile to bungie.net. Main target is in PVE.

Anything to note for, which helps me in game / link to good post?

anddo0

Yeah, normal raid isn't hard at all if everything goes smooth. I agree. I also agree with some stuff you wrote, but after all - I still think it's fun. For whatever reason that is, I can't really understand it myself, because I've done everything you can except beating the raid on hard.

What about that strike thing? More casual friendly? What do you mean?

The Tiger Strike bosses are huge bullet sponges.
Why does Valus Taric have more health than Atheon?
At least it feels that way...

The Spider Tank in Devils Lair shouldn't be a mid-boss.
Spikes Prime is a joke, another decision by Bungie that makes zero sense.

Tiger Strikes are more tedious than they should be.

Where are the lvl 28 Strikes?
Playing lvl 24 Strikes, with a lvl 29 and fully upgraded exotics is boring.

Loomba

What are the boxes that fill on the bnet site for the raid?

2VWlWb9.png

I thought they would be for the 4 chests but I haven't opened any chests on Hard mode?

Yep, don't get stuck at 28 just because you want to save shards. I've upgraded my gear to get to 29. This means my exotic HotPF chest is at 30, my QG hood is at 27, my Nerigal Savant boots are also 27 and my gloves are 25. 109 light is what's required for 29.

I've maxed out my exotic VV chest as well before I got my HotPF. I've also almost maxed out one exotic helm, just in case all I'm missing is the raid helm to get to 30 and hard raid without hindrance. Some people would say I've "wasted" so many shards it's ridiculous, but honestly I don't care. I'm maxing out some stuff and it's fun.

You'll get enough shards from playing weeklies, dailies and raids to eventually upgrade raid gear when you get it. Don't limit yourself in what you can play just because of something completely random. The game fucks us over enough as it is.

Hell, I'm even considering buying No Tomorrow gloves and upgrading those if I don't get raid gloves this week. I don't like the look of the Nerigal Savant gloves I have.

hydruxo

What are the boxes that fill on the bnet site for the raid?

2VWlWb9.png

I thought they would be for the 4 chests but I haven't opened any chests on Hard mode?

They are for the four loot drops.

1) After the Oracles at the Templar
2) After beating the Templar
3) After the Gatekeepers
4) After beating Atheon

Would like to do a speed run of the raid on normal from a fresh start in about 3 hours, 8:30am Central. I'd rather not do it with anyone below level 27 though so if that's a deal-breaker no hard feelings.

XB1 - LifeExpectancy

Please shoot me a PM on XBL as I'll be at change of shift at work then driving home, so the only way I'll know if I have a group is on my smartglass.

Loomba

They are for the four loot drops.

1) After the Oracles at the Templar
2) After beating the Templar
3) After the Gatekeepers
4) After beating Atheon

Ah thanks a lot bud, I beat Atheon on hard but I didn't think it was that because the first box was filled and not the fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom