• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

It's really getting frustrating now. For 4 raids now I'm already waiting for the raid breast plate in order to finally hit level 30 but the game just doesn't want to give me one. I have 46 ass shards that I just can't use for shit...

I think it's about time Bungie figures out a way to get to level 30 more easily. This is pure luck based and friggin sucks. Having to wait another week to try again is bullshit.

Gotta keep you looking all the way to expansion!

It's really getting frustrating now. For 4 raids now I'm already waiting for the raid breast plate in order to finally hit level 30 but the game just doesn't want to give me one. I have 46 ass shards that I just can't use for shit...

I think it's about time Bungie figures out a way to get to level 30 more easily. This is pure luck based and friggin sucks. Having to wait another week to try again is bullshit.

4 raids huh... I have over 150 shards, 150 energy, have ran the raid over 12 times on hard alone between my 3 characters and still barely got shit. If you include the normal runs and loot that number jumps significantly.

Zakalwe

Banned
Do you have a mythoclast already? If so, don't talk. People less blessed by luck need the help. I'm helping all my friends while it lasts. PEACE.

I beat HM legit and got shards and a Timebreaker.

I was curious about cheese and tried it one time and got VoC and Mythoclast.

I'm glad I have it, but the achievement has definitely been lessened.

If you can't beat HM, you shouldn't have this gun.

I beat HM legit and got shards and a Timebreaker.

I was curious about cheese and tries it one time and got VoC and Mythoclast.

I'm glad I have it, but the achievement has definitely been lessened.

If you can't beat HM, you shouldn't have this gun.

Hopefully Bungie learned their lesson for next time, but I doubt it.

4 raids huh... I have over 150 shards, 150 energy, have ran the raid over 12 times on hard alone between my 3 characters and still barely got shit. If you include the normal runs and loot that number jumps significantly.
My condolence. I wish enough people from my group would have level 30 so we could at least also try the hard raid. But no, with this sucky suck drop rate only one out of a dozen of us hit level 30, so there is just no way for us to do the hard raid....

Bungie could at least patch in some kind of trade system. It sucked that when I got the raid gauntlets for the 2nd time I couldn't give them to one of my mates but had to scrap them for more ass shards I don't need.

Zakalwe

Banned
Pretty much the value of the mytho has already been destroyed by it, so there's no point in patching it now. I don't just mean it's strength as a weapon, but its rarity as well.

The people cheesing are in the minority.

Less still are those who actually have the weapon. I'm sure if we ran a poll mythoclast owners in this thread would be a small percentage.

It's still annoying, sure, but even with all the cheesing I rarely see one in game.

My condolence. I wish enough people from my group would have level 30 so we could at least also try the hard raid. But no, with this sucky suck drop rate only one out of a dozen of us hit level 30, so there is just no way for us to do the hard raid....

Bungie could at least patch in some kind of trade system. It sucked that when I got the raid gauntlets for the 2nd time I couldn't give them to one of my mates but had to scrap them for more ass shards I don't need.

Not sure why they decided to reinvent the wheel on loot in this game. Diablo, WOW, etc. think about the games that let you trade loot with other's who were eligible at the time, make loot trade-able like that and set a time limit.

RNGesus has given me the ultimate blessing. For weeks I've wanted a Comedian and Patience & Time.

I was going to buy Commy from vanguard but had one drop from a leg eng with full auto and damage buff on kill perks! It's amazing. It has decent recoil and reloads super fast. It's the perfect shotty for me.

I then got Patience & Time in this weeks NF. Unbelievable. :)

Meneses

Not sure why they decided to reinvent the wheel on loot in this game. Diablo, WOW, think about all the games that let you trade loot with other's who were eligible at the time, make loot trade-able like that and set a time limit.

It's bad. I got another Symbiote yesterday and instead of giving it to my buddy who needed it, I dismantled it for a couple shards.

Another terrible decision to keep people playing until it's time to pay for more stuff.

Daigoro

RNGesus has given me the ultimate blessing. For weeks I've wanted a Comedian and Patience & Time.

I was going to buy Commy from vanguard but had one drop from a leg eng with full auto and damage buff on kill perks! It's amazing. It has decent recoil and reloads super fast. It's the perfect shotty for me.

nice drop on the Comedian. i just bought one today to replace an exotic in that slot (and because i was maxed out on marks...), but a friend was telling me how his had full auto. of course the one you buy from the vendor isn't, sadly. i can imagine its great as full auto, seems quite nice and steady without it.

dengatron

That is odd, snipers take 3 hits to kill me o_O

1st hit takes off the shield
2nd hit reduces my heath to a tiny sliver
3rd hit and I dead :-(

he's playing a hunter iirc, so it's very possible he has no toughness where as yours could be maxed. i take 3 hits as a striker with pretty high toughness, too.

gunawi

Looking to do the whole raid from the start on normal this evening. Will be on 8:30 GMT, 3:30 Eastern.

I have a 28 Warlock and have done the raid in full without cheese once.

Ideally it would be cool to have a mix of experience and new people, but hopefully you will be 27 up and have reasonable weapons.

I'm GMT+1 so the timing is pefect. I have 28hunter PSN: gunawi

jadedm17

I've done the same, four raids and all I need is chest armor.
The idea of having no control over if you level or not is just bullshit.

Not sure why they decided to reinvent the wheel on loot in this game. Diablo, WOW, etc. think about the games that let you trade loot with other's who were eligible at the time, make loot trade-able like that and set a time limit.

There's a lot to complain about in Destiny but I like the system as it is. To be honest I've never played a real loot game (Borderlands2 doesn't count right?) so I don't know how those work, but for sake of simplicity I feel not trading is for the best. If you look at how easy getting shards and random weapons are from the vault - then add in how broken people make thing having alts being carried through weekly raids - and I could easily see having everything unbalanced. Vex Mythoclast isn't gonna be very special if one guy gives his extra 3 to all his friends.

Aquila

I appreciate it man, I'll let you know if someone drops, because I have completed the raid on my 28, so I know it's possible.

Enh, I'm going to bed. Thanks though and good luck. I'm in full raid gear short of the helmet; I'm just hesitant to upgrade my chest piece because then Xur will sell the Praxic one then. Should of bought the exotic helmet last week but oh well....

Loomba

Does normal and hard give the same rewards? My group did normal raid until Atheon then we switched to a hard checkpoint, done that but didn't go back and kill him on normal.... I think the two difficulties give 2 different sets of rewards?

Zakalwe

Banned
Does normal and hard give the same rewards? My group did normal raid until Atheon then we switched to a hard checkpoint, done that but didn't go back and kill him on normal.... I think the two difficulties give 2 different sets of rewards?

Normal rewards you once a week.
Hard rewards you once a week.

If you do hard first you get both sets of rewards at once.

Hard mode has items that normal doesn't (Mythoclast, raid helm, Etc...).

Zocano

My weapons and armor are clearly not up to par. It's taking me like 20 bullets just to kill a regular goblin. I'm just running around getting cheap shots in and distracting enemies.

Sorry for kicking you out like that but we carried you as far as we could. We weren't getting past Gatekeepers because that part needs *everyone* doing exactly what they need to be doing to get through it and being level 24 means you just melt at even basic enemies.

But you got a bunch of shards so you can use that to get leveled up a lot quicker so maybe you can complete the raid later this week.

edit: We should have let you off nicer than we did but I was legitimately frustrated at the point that we were taking so long.

That Comedian must be incredible. I got a void one from vanguard level up a few weeks ago and it wrecks shit up. I use it to drop Axis Minotaurs. And it doesn't even have full auto like yours! What elemental damage does it have?

That Comedian must be incredible. I got a void one from vanguard level up a few weeks ago and it wrecks shit up. I use it to drop Axis Minotaurs. And it doesn't even have full auto like yours! What elemental damage does it have?

It's also void :D It's going to come in VERY handy. I use it with my new titan who has just got the blind perk for his ward. So dudes wonder in and don't see me with my weapon of light buffed full auto shotty. If I add the reload buff to my melee special it reloads even faster, like 5 shells in around 3-3.5 seconds. I really couldn't hope for better.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Trying to get a group together for a normal raid run. 3 people already with multiple times through of experience

Add silkysm00th on psn...

J-Rzez

Another week, another nightfall, another purple useless sniper rifle... 3rd week in a row. This is stupid. Last legendary I got from crucible and engram were snipers too. Wtf. This loot system is trash.

Still not a single exotic handcannon. I'm sure if I were to raid this week I'd get the same results from there too. Yet people pull Suros, last word, Mythoclast from thin air...

grimmiq

your name sounds like a character from a book I've read. or is it something totally different?

Grimmiq or Chainshada?

Perhaps a David Gemmell fan? Chain Shada was a minor character from one of the books in the Rigante series (Looong time ago but from what I recall he was the rival of the protagonist in his youth, I don't remember much about him). If you mean Grimmiq that's just partially based on a character named Grymouch from another of his books, but was the name I first used in Guild Wars 2, Asura kinda reminded me of frogs so Grimmik (changed k to q because it was always taken) sounded like a noise a frog would make >.>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom