• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

anddo0

I wish there were different slots for Vanguard bounties and Crucible bounties.

edit: Or simply more slots.

Bungie Weekly-

User Ambitious asks- "hey Bungie why aren't there more bounty slots?"

Bungie, hey Ambitious, thank you for your continued support.
The simple answer to your question; It makes too much sense.
We designed the bounty system in hopes of forcing users to continually return to the Tower. We feel it enhances the social experience.

who wants to carry around all those bounties anyway?
Don't be silly Ambitious.

EL CUCO

Baboon 3 times in less than 5 min and now Elk.
Maybe I need to get ready for work :/

Edit: and now Caterpillar....yeah I'm done

MrMuscle

DeeJ just posted this on the Bungie forums after the uproar that followed yesterdays blogpost.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/74341953/0/0

Hey, there.

I'd like to see if we can create a sense of understanding about something.

I see a lot of threads on this forum that say things like "Please read this, DEEJ!" or "I hope Bungie sees this!"

We read all of this feedback. More people than you would suspect look in on the forum here and in places all over the Internet where players talk about Destiny. We take it in. We measure it against data we have on our end. We triage it against our own wish lists. We plan our work based on the people we have on our team and the hours we have in any given work day. We choose our battles on the development floor the same way you do when you look at your Director. "What can I accomplish next to get better?" is the essential question.

There is a process in place to support Destiny. You, constant reader, are a part of that process. Your voice is, by my proxy, a part of the conversation - even when it makes the meeting to which I've been invited a little contentious. I do not post in every thread that appears on this forum because I don't assume you'll settle for being placated with a stock "We hear you!" every time one of you has a good idea.

The promise I can make is that I am working with the developers to make sure that they understand how you feel as they go about making their decisions.

Now, there will be times when I focus on the positive. There are people in this community who deserve an introduction to happy gamers who are doing amazing things to provide a service to their fellow Guardians. Those people deserve their due credit. This does not mean that I'm dodging your feedback. It means that I'm attempting to see our community from every angle - to give everyone a voice.

This may have been ill-advised, but it's something I wanted to say. Hopefully it doesn't blow up in my face, because I actually do like talking to you on the forum. I respect the people who take the time to express their honest opinions on this and other forums. I would compel you not to stop.

That is all. For now.

jbortz78

Bungie Weekly-

User Ambitious asks- "hey Bungie why aren't there more bounty slots?"

Bungie, hey Ambitious, thank you for your continued support.
The simple answer to your question; It makes too much sense.
We designed the bounty system in hopes of forcing users to continually return to the Tower. We feel it enhances the social experience.

who wants to carry around all those bounties anyway?
Don't be silly Ambitious.

Spot on!

So tired of having to return to Tower or deleting a bounty for another one etc...

jbortz78

Eh I think it's a perfectly valid design decision. Otherwise you could just grab ALL the bounties.

Glimmer and mark caps, on the other hand...

Im not suggesting they let us have unlimited bountys, but I think they should let us carry more or separate vanguard/crucible/exotic etc.

I also agree on higher caps for glimmer and esp marks.

Manp

15599198225_ae33a9f403_b.jpg

Just finished the hard raid with my third character, thus finishing off the week for all my toons. None of them received boots allowing me to reach 30 (My hunter was the only one to receive any raid gear, a helmet). I received no Weapons, besides the Mytho, which I got on each of my characters (note the four fraking mythos). Just shit tons of ass shards and energy. I can upgrade every piece of gear I could possibly get... if I could get any.

what the fuck?!

Jaeyden

Ah thanks a lot bud, I beat Atheon on hard but I didn't think it was that because the first box was filled and not the fourth.

Yeah, the order does not correspond to what you have beaten and looted. So, if you've done parts of the raid out of order and on different characters it does very little to remind you which character has done what.

Jito

Banned
Is there no patch this week? Patch day has already come and gone. Not too impressed bungie aren't patching it consistently, game needs fixing yo.

Silk04

So sad. Hopped on a friends raid party yesterday and finally got raid gear on my hunter. Beaten raid 3 times nothing. Just been building my other characters up.

Nothus

So far, from doing the normal raid four times (since it became available) I have found:

1 x raid boots
1 x raid chest
2 x raid gauntlets
1 x shattered vault cloak
atheon's epilogue
found verdict
vision of confluence

...and a bunch of shards and energies. I have an exotic helmet, so can reach level 30 now.

And all of this with only one character, no alts.

From reading the posts on here I'm considering myself to be extremely lucky! Don't hate me GAF!

Midas

So far, from doing the normal raid four times (since it became available) I have found:

1 x raid boots
1 x raid chest
2 x raid gauntlets
atheon's epilogue
found verdict
vision of confluence

...and a bunch of shards and energies. I have an exotic helmet, so can reach level 30 now.

From reading the posts on here I'm considering myself to be extremely lucky! Don't hate me GAF!

That's great! I just miss the boots, but I've only done the raid four times (twice a week on normal.)

15599198225_ae33a9f403_b.jpg

Just finished the hard raid with my third character, thus finishing off the week for all my toons. None of them received boots allowing me to reach 30 (My hunter was the only one to receive any raid gear, a helmet). I received no Weapons, besides the Mytho, which I got on each of my characters (note the four fraking mythos). Just shit tons of ass shards and energy. I can upgrade every piece of gear I could possibly get... if I could get any.
the stories for those exotics must be bigger then the entire Lord of the rings trilogy

Just beat Black Garden with my alt Titan. During the end cut scene all I could think while the Stranger is babbling on about whatever is why does she have breasts? It is so weird. I am sure this is brought up in ME threads and what not but it is so dumb. I get having to give a robot a voice (so male or female is fine) but to make them anatomically accurate to that voice is just beyond dumb. I am pretty sure if you are creating bad ass fighting robots you would streamline them for absolute destruction and not sex appeal. Just a thought

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Anyone got a checkpoint for the first Earth mission?

I'd like to cheese the whole game and go straight to level 30.

No? THIS GAME SUX IM RITING AN AGRY EMAIL TO DEEJ

Just beat Black Garden with my alt Titan. During the end cut scene all I could think while the Stranger is babbling on about whatever is why does she have breasts? It is so weird. I am sure this is brought up in ME threads and what not but it is so dumb. I get having to give a robot a voice (so male or female is fine) but to make them anatomically accurate to that voice is just beyond dumb. I am pretty sure if you are creating bad ass fighting robots you would streamline them for absolute destruction and not sex appeal. Just a thought

It would've been explained but...

There wasn't time to explain why there wasn't time to explain.

1 x raid boots
1 x raid chest
2 x raid gauntlets
atheon's epilogue
found verdict
vision of confluence

So you're one of the thiefs who stole my shit before I got a chance to grab it! :p

You're a lucky guy, you should praise RNGeebus.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is there no patch this week? Patch day has already come and gone. Not too impressed bungie aren't patching it consistently, game needs fixing yo.

They have been patching it pretty consistently, and isn't patch day usually Wednesday or Thursday?
Good friend opens chest inside the vault ...

*The Last Word*

I am a broken man.

You'll get it dude. Xur will no doubt sell it at some point if rng doesn't favour you.

Everyone should have a chance to try this amazing gun. :3

noomi

Meh.... I wish once we completed an exotic bounty it wouldn't show up later again. Already finished thorn, bad juju, and invective. I hand in a handful of vanguard bounties today... and whaddaya know? I get the same 3 bounties as an option again :/ Accept one and drop it... sad day :( Was hoping for pocket infinity next....

Anthropomorphization. The more human characteristics it has, the easier it is for people to relate.

A genderless human is physically non-existant, so to many humans a robot without features to depict it as having a gender is a bit perplexing, disconcerting or disturbing.

Doesn't mean anthropomorphization is the only correct way, but I don't mind it.

MaxiLive

As in most films and reality, androids/robots remain human like to be respected and fit in society. Plus with them remaining human like they are far more likely to be treated as people rather that utilities. Plus on top of that having a female voice one would expect a female figure if not go full on robot vocaloid style and add a generic metal moving device.

Also why the hell is just having breasts sexual? Why does it have feet and legs... why not wheels.

Lan_97

Titan main: 3 nm raids + 1 hm cheese -> shards, ship
Friend's warlock: <1 nm raid (up to atheon) + 1 nm cheese + 1 hm cheese -> helm, chest, boots, mythoclast, ship

Though, my hunter/warlock alts have fared a bit better than my Titan.

Titan main: 3 nm raids + 1 hm cheese -> shards, ship
Friend's warlock: <1 nm raid (up to atheon) + 1 nm cheese + 1 hm cheese -> helm, chest, boots, mythoclast, ship

Though, my hunter/warlock alts have fared a bit better than my Titan.

CoiXfx6.jpg

May the odds...

Edit: Most troll looking altered picture I could find. I really want to plaster the Cryptarchs face on there in a gif.

Namikaze1

I asked this same question roughly 20-25 pages back. Hell, I went a bit further and asked why do Exo females have breasts. As a bit of a joke, I even asked if male Exos have fake dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom