• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Saw the final step of the Thorn bounty was Summoming Pits at level 26.

Holy shit doing this solo will be a lot harder than I thought. How is this 26?

As in most films and reality, androids/robots remain human like to be respected and fit in society. Plus with them remaining human like they are far more likely to be treated as people rather that utilities. Plus on top of that having a female voice one would expect a female figure if not go full on robot vocaloid style and add a generic metal moving device.

Also why the hell is just having breasts sexual? Why does it have feet and legs... why not wheels.
Unless she is going to nurse baby robots than I dont see the point. If you have a foot fetish I guess its all sexual ha. The titan strike and shoulder charge wouldn't look as good on wheels .

Yeah I see the arguments above on making humans comfortable if humans made them but with no back-story who knows. Thanks for having time to explain why you can explain.

Marvel

could never
I gotta say, I like robotic tits.

Moving on, anyone doing Nightfall today? I have been really struggling by myself lol.

RNGesus was kind to me yesterday. Between my titan and warlock alts I acquired:

2 x Vex Mythoclasts
1 x Vision of Confluence
1 x Preadyth's Revenge
1 x Battlecage of Kabr
1 x Aspect of Glass
1 x Timebreaker

Mmmhmm...that was some tasty HM cheese and crackers. Thanks to everyone who helped out at one point or another!

Nothus

Saw the final step of the Thorn bounty was Summoming Pits at level 26.

Holy shit doing this solo will be a lot harder than I thought. How is this 26?

I'd try and get some help if I were you, it's quite tricky. You need to ignore Phogoth and kill quite a few enemies before a specific wizard will spawn. He's the guy you need to kill to complete the bounty.

I tried doing it myself by kiting around the edges of the arena, but it was tough. In the end I gave up and got a buddy to help.

Zakalwe

Banned
I hope the new raid isn't exploitable and the end game gear can only be obtained by completing it legit.

I also hope they fix the rng of it all so people don't feel the need to exploit in the first place.

Token system or a guaranteed drop at the end of the raid /if/ you complete each section before the boss. Bungie, pls.

ocean

Banned
I hope the new raid isn't exploitable and the end game gear can only be obtained by completing it legit.

I also hope they fix the rng of it all so people don't feel the need to exploit in the first place.

Token system or a guaranteed drop at the end of the raid /if/ you complete each section before the boss. Bungie, pls.
Watch Bungie troll us like "final boss has fallen to the darkness with Guardian loot in his pockets".

LiK

The best thing about doing the Raid my first time was I had originally joined thinking I was joining a Crucible party until I saw the VoG starting area and I was like, oh shit. Shhhh, don't let them know!

Memories.

Jito

Banned
They have been patching it pretty consistently, and isn't patch day usually Wednesday or Thursday?

You'll get it dude. Xur will no doubt sell it at some point if rng doesn't favour you.

Everyone should have a chance to try this amazing gun. :3

Eh the updates have been tiny and more like hotfixes than actual patches to be honest. Thought the patch day was Tuesday, my bad then, hopefully it's something other than minor fixes this week.

LiK

If they "fix" Atheon but still keep the same shitty RNG for loot then I see a major drop off in raiders.

Zakalwe

Banned
Eh the updates have been tiny and more like hotfixes than actual patches to be honest. Thought the patch day was Tuesday, my bad then, hopefully it's something other than minor fixes this week.

I wasn't commenting on the quality of the patches, I agree they've definitely been underwhelming for the most part.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus so I was looking how much time I've put into this game...

TWO HUNDRED FIFTY Fucking Hours @_@!, 250!

Warlock is @172 hours
Hunter is @48 hours
Titan is @30 hours

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!

LiK

Not yet. One of us had to go to bed, so we're trying for it tonight.

So if someone sucks at the platforming, could they leave and come back at checkpoint and still get the trophy?

I can get through the rest just fine. Even the maze isn't tough if I simply follow closely the person leading people.

So if someone sucks at the platforming, could they leave and come back at checkpoint and still get the trophy?

I can get through the rest just fine. Even the maze isn't tough if I simply follow closely the person leading people.

Nope, have to do the whole thing.

*Splinter

Jesus so I was looking how much time I've put into this game...

TWO HUNDRED FIFTY Fucking Hours @_@!, 250!

Warlock is @172 hours
Hunter is @48 hours
Titan is @30 hours

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!
Hunter 180
Titan 50
Warlock 34
Total 264 (11 days)

Not bad :D

(Levels 30, 30, 29)

TTG

Feels like a 28 or higher.
http://youtu.be/CXo7Jtl34gY

Oh yea, it's probably the hardest strike, level 28 weeklies included. Without cheesing it, we had 3 level 29 players and while we didn't wipe, we were down to one guy alive a couple of times. The knights will be shielded and that's a killer, if you don't have two guys shooting at the same knight expect to empty a full clip from a sniper with almost no damage to a health bar to show for it. If the wizards gang up on you, you're toast, the whole thing is a grind... it's not pleasant.

Bizazedo

Oh yea, it's probably the hardest strike, level 28 weeklies included. Without cheesing it, we had 3 level 29 players and while we didn't wipe, we were down to one guy alive a couple of times. The knights will be shielded and that's a killer, if you don't have two guys shooting at the same knight expect to empty a full clip from a sniper with almost no damage to a health bar to show for it. If the wizards gang up on you, you're toast, the whole thing is a grind... it's not pleasant.

It's the one exotic bounty that was done correctly.

....well, maybe minus the PvP part.

LiK

Nope, have to do the whole thing.

Dammit, guess I'll need to do it until I'm perfect at it. Hopefully future Raids don't have this shit so I can get through those types of sections. What an annoying trophy. At least we don't all have to be clan members for it!

Zakalwe

Banned
PVP Thorn but is just prefetence... Last Word is awesome on PVP too.

PVE definitely Last Word.

TLW is much more versatile in pvp. I understand why someone would like Thorn's playstayle though.

TLW is better in pve currently, but it's only really great for trash mobs or lower level content. It has ammo issues versus anything with a lot of health or without weaksposts.

Tovarisc

The Last Word still alludes me...

I hope Xur sells that shit this Friday

Says a lot about how game gives items to people.

Not into farming chests or grinding boring Strikes? Just wait for Xûr to put item X into stock!

No atheon cheese.

If you can clear the rest then Atheon is one of the easiest parts.

I think many groups see clear with Atheon cheese as "legit" clear because cheese is just done to save time.

That said Atheon is easy boss when your team executes their roles properly.

inb4 RNG

hydruxo

Eh I think it's a perfectly valid design decision. Otherwise you could just grab ALL the bounties.

Glimmer and mark caps, on the other hand...

But you can still grab all the bounties, you just have to make trips to the tower over and over again. Oh and if you have exotic bounties to finish like I do? I've only got 3 open bounty slots because of those.

Bungie clearly designed this game with tiny inconvenient caps on things to force you to play longer.

LiK

No atheon cheese.

If you can clear the rest then Atheon is one of the easiest parts.

Cheesing Atheon was much more of a challenge for the Raid crews I joined this week than doing it legit. We even got a noob last night and that didn't help. The Party Leader was getting so frustrated with everyone I couldn't help but be amused.

Unless someone can do it solo fairly quickly, it's more of a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom