• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You forgot the Suros. The day Xur's pattern for weapons restarts is gonna be bittersweet. I missed out on the Suros first time around, but it will also mean other stuff is off the table.

Yeah, I wasn't going through his whole table. Suros is the week after Gjallahorn, maybe, I don't remember exactly.

LiK

In 50% of our raids someone has been disconnected.

In almost every run we've had glitches cause or almost cause whipes. From only 2 members being teleported, random explosions from nowhere, and even oracle whipes when all oracles were dead.

In the current clilmate I've no desire to put myself through the ordeal of a no death run. I have respect for anyone even attempting it on a regular basis. You cats are crazy.

Yep, I won't even attempt it until I can get through the platforming easily. People still die there even tho they've done it multiple times.

And they need to fix the glitches in Atheon particularly the portal one. If they don't fix it, I won't bother with a no death run.

In almost every run we've had glitches cause or almost cause whipes. From only 2 members being teleported, random explosions from nowhere, and even oracle whipes when all oracles were dead.

In the current clilmate I've no desire to put myself through the ordeal of a no death run. I have respect for anyone even attempting it on a regular basis. You cats are crazy.

It´s a bug fest in there, thats for sure. Everything above has happened everytime I played the Raid.

Noooooo, did everyone drop or was it just you? Because then you gotta find another team and it's a whole thing. I'm sure all will be redeemed, it will be multiple exotics dropping for you when you do it over again.

Just me. Since Zebra kicks you all the way back to the title screen, I couldn't get back in time. Now I need to do this whole fucking mission again, and then another time with my Warlock, and hope the fucking game doesn't crap out this time.

Each codeword Bungie would understand and in time fix the issue relating to it. Getting so bad right now, it's weird the game launched without a hitch and for a few weeks I had no issues at all. Now? not so much, I get so many disconnects it's getting beyond irritating.

When the game launched, I couldn't even play it. I got constant centipede errors. So no, the game definitely did not launch without a hitch, it's been pretty hit-or-miss since the start.

Zebra errors were caused when Bungie finally isolated the root of the centipede errors, and caused a whole new slew of errors by fixing it.

I hope they go with something more stable than P2P for their next game. For an AAA release, this is ridiculous.

I'm gonna head in solo. If anyone on Xbone feels like helping me out, feel free to jump in. BlueNinja BE.

Jito

Banned
So sad playing with team mates who are like level 20-29 and topping the team at level 12, is everyone just a booster on this?

Marvel

could never
When the game launched, I couldn't even play it. I got constant centipede errors. So no, the game definitely did not launch without a hitch, it's been pretty hit-or-miss since the start.

Not for me, that's why I said "I" had no issues at all.

Smooth as butter. It's only now I am getting kicked an awful lot every single day, multiple times a day.

BraXzy

The hot fix still hasn't gone up?

Also also, is this hotfix going to readjust the Mythlocast or is that a thing they are working on?

realcZk

The hot fix still hasn't gone up?

Also also, is this hotfix going to readjust the Mythlocast or is that a thing they are working on?

I have a feeling that the Mythoclast buff isn't coming with this hotfix. This one will probably just address the Atheon cheesing. Bungie said they have a more "substantive" patch in certification which slows down their ability to make changes to the live game. Usually they only need certification if its something that has to be patched via PSN and not server-side.

Bizazedo

I have a feeling that the Mythoclast buff isn't coming with this hotfix. This one will probably just address the Atheon cheesing. Bungie said they have a more "substantive" patch in certification which slows down their ability to make changes to the live game. Usually they only need certification if its something that has to be patched via PSN and not server-side.

Templar needs fixed more than Atheon does.

BraXzy

So sad playing with team mates who are like level 20-29 and topping the team at level 12, is everyone just a booster on this?

Well there's a fair few reasons for this. Part of it is because, like in most recent online games with levels, your skill doesn't determine your level, only time invested. On top of that, complete randomness helps to make sure you can be stuck at a lower level for weeks (although there are methods to earn gear). And then to top it off.. the level 12 might be someones alt or just generally good at online shooters.

Plus, you can hit level 30 purely playing PvE. Not everyone is great at the online.

Bladelaw

Yes it was :D

I would happily do stuff no cheese as long as I get good loot. Doing everything for a total of 12 shards is not worth the effort in my mind.

Bingo. I've run the normal raid no cheese plenty and wouldn't mind running the hard mode legit if the rewards were worth it. As it is I barely have enough time to squeeze a nightfall, weekly, and raid all in the same week unless I have a day off somewhere. Banging my head against Hard Mode isn't worth it if all I'm going to see is ass.

E92 M3

I think PVP holds back this game too much. Until the separate everything PVE players will never get super cool weapons because it'll break PVP.

Also, finally got the boots and should hit 30 today. Still want: Fatebfringer, VoC, Last and PR.

Not for me, that's why I said "I" had no issues at all.

Smooth as butter. It's only now I am getting kicked an awful lot every single day, multiple times a day.

Ah, must've missed that, I see. Yeah, I honestly am starting to wonder why I'm still playing this, but the truth of the matter is: when the game works, it's a lot of fun. It just keeps finding ways to fuck me over.

I wouldn't even have minded so much if the game had checkpoints in Strikes like it does in raids, but noooooope. You gotta start the whole fucking thing over again.

Jito

Banned
Well there's a fair few reasons for this. Part of it is because, like in most recent online games with levels, your skill doesn't determine your level, only time invested. On top of that, complete randomness helps to make sure you can be stuck at a lower level for weeks (although there are methods to earn gear). And then to top it off.. the level 12 might be someones alt or just generally good at online shooters.

Plus, you can hit level 30 purely playing PvE. Not everyone is great at the online.

The PVP could really do with a proper ranking system in the future, can't deal with playing with players 10+ ranks higher than me who can't hold their own online.

Marvel

could never
Ah, must've missed that, I see. Yeah, I honestly am starting to wonder why I'm still playing this, but the truth of the matter is: when the game works, it's a lot of fun. It just keeps finding ways to fuck me over.

I can understand that man, when it works it's just addictive as all fuck lol.

Hope Bungie get on all of these error codes, peeps are getting dropped from raids and NF and it's just not cool. So much time and effort being wasted.

ethomaz

Banned
I think PVP holds back this game too much. Until the separate everything PVE players will never get super cool weapons because it'll break PVP.

Also, finally got the boots and should hit 30 today. Still want: Fatebfringer, VoC, Last and PR.
I think weapon balance is separated

It is how Bungie will buff the Mito Vex on PVE and not PVP.

LiK

VoC and TLW might be the only reason I might keep playing before expansion comes out. I need a break after I hit 30 tonight lol

realcZk

They said they are considering buffing the Mytho by raising the weapon damage above 300, according to the weekly update. This might be the way to go because in PvP weapon damage numbers are not used when calculating damage output.

Grimsen

The PVP could really do with a proper ranking system in the future, can't deal with playing with players 10+ ranks higher than me who can't hold their own online.

I agree that the PVP should be completely separate. Fuck them PVP bounties, the Crucible marks for the faction vendors and the PVP parts of exotic bounties. Get that shit out of my PVE experience.

realcZk

I agree that the PVP should be completely separate. Fuck them PVP bounties, the Crucible marks for the faction vendors and the PVP parts of exotic bounties. Get that shit out of my PVE experience.

I don't think I've completed 3 crucible bounties since I've been playing the game at launch. Crucible is really lackluster in this game, especially coming from other multiplayer fps. PvE is really it's strong point and playing with friends drives that point home.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Haha, the templar cheese is hilarious. I did it for the first time the other day. I agree that it definitely needs fixed as well but I'd bet that it's not coming for another week or more.

It's pretty funny playing strikes on my warlock while leveling and pushing bosses all over the place after popping my super and spamming nades.

Zakalwe

Banned

NEWSFLASH: gamer is better than the average.

Many of us on these forums are better than average. We play more, we explore more, we invest more, etc... It's not really something worth commenting on every time it happens.

E92 M3

Yes, but it's only for Vex. They need global changes for pve and pvp. Good start though. Can't wait to see how they buff it. Mine is ready to be maxed.

VoC and TLW might be the only reason I might keep playing before expansion comes out. I need a break after I hit 30 tonight lol

Yeah, there is always something we need!

Tawpgun

So auto rifles still dong in MP.

They don't need a further damage reduction, they just need to have their bullet spreads and damage drop offs changed. They shouldn't be doing the damage they are from so far away.

dB Viper

I thought the Vex was getting a buff for both PvP and PvE, per last weekly update?

"We are adjusting the base damage on Mythoclast. We are going to find a value that works for both PVP and PVE."

Or am I way off?

Yes, but it's only for Vex. They need global changes for pve and pvp. Good start though. Can't wait to see how they buff it. Mine is ready to be maxed.

Yeah, there is always something we need!

mine is MAXED :)

NEED THE BUFF, obviously not going to be anything like it was pre nerf, as that version was sick but oh what fun to play with in PVP and PVE.

Jito

Banned
NEWSFLASH: gamer is better than the average.

Many of us on these forums are better than average. We play more, we explore more, we invest more, etc... It's not really something worth commenting on every time it happens.

NEWSFLASH: FORUM IS FOR DISCUSSION. Guess the same could be said that there's no need saying it's been said before. These forums are for all discussion you know.

EL CUCO

In almost every run we've had glitches cause or almost cause wipes. From only 2 members being teleported, random explosions from nowhere, and even oracle wipes when all oracles were dead.

Last night I saw Atheon teleporting all over the place. First time I see that happening. Seems like the bugs are evolving...

Steroyd

So far, from doing the normal raid four times (since it became available) I have found:

1 x raid boots
1 x raid chest
2 x raid gauntlets
1 x shattered vault cloak
atheon's epilogue
found verdict
vision of confluence

...and a bunch of shards and energies. I have an exotic helmet, so can reach level 30 now.

And all of this with only one character, no alts.

From reading the posts on here I'm considering myself to be extremely lucky! Don't hate me GAF!

It took me a month to finally get that one raid Gauntlet for my Titan for what seemed like forever, and then when i did Hard Raid yesterday, in one go i got:

1 Raid Gauntlet
1 Raid Chest
1 Raid Boots
1 XVO Timebreaker
And plenty of ass.

The pisser here is that I was already level 30 so other than the chest piece that had intelligence instead of the one I currently have with strength that I already got, it's all dismantle worthy, but I can't bring myself to do it. :|

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is going on with Crucible right now?

I'm having to battle insane amounts of lag here right now, no matter how many times I back out or find a different lobby. I'll shoot someone with a shotgun at point blank twice, then melee them twice, only for the game to glitch out and instantly kill me from any source of damage while the guy I was shooting at walks away without any damage.

Fix this bs netcode pls.

Shito

Nope:

I thought the Vex was getting a buff for both PvP and PvE, per last weekly update?

"We are adjusting the base damage on Mythoclast. We are going to find a value that works for both PVP and PVE."
They really had the worst of ideas not to seperate PVP and PVE balance there...

So auto rifles still dong in MP.

They don't need a further damage reduction, they just need to have their bullet spreads and damage drop offs changed. They shouldn't be doing the damage they are from so far away.

Yeah they're still quite effective but as a few people have realized their effectiveness is exaggerated by the map design. Scout rifles and hand cannons destroy autos on Shoes of Time. Shame there aren't more maps like that

Deku Tree

Yeah why don't they make a PvP ranking based upon how you have done in the past? And then matchmaking could try to place you against similarly good or bad players? They could even keep the statistics secret and not tell you your ranking...

This is what the game has become to me. Both my enjoyment and character progress are intertwined and based on a weekly schedule set by Bungie, and nothing I can control. When I was making this chart as a cheap joke, it dawned on me how much of the end game has been tweaked to slow player progress. All the major milestones are on a set schedule, unrepeatable and still at the mercy of RNG. Everything in the "valleys" of the graph is pure RNG. Hell, RNG can keep you on a flat line if you have really bad luck with the weekly stuff.

It sucks that, outside of Tuesdays and possibly Friday, I have no control over how I want to progress during my time with the game. Ugh. Was going for a cheap joke and I just ended bumming myself out. Oh well, will still probably continue to shoot shit in the mean time. Maybe my alts will be blessed by RNGesus.

CitsJKe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom