• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
My very casual roommate went from averaging 0.4 on Clash to 1.5 over his last few matches. The difference?

Vex Mythoclast I got last night. Can't imagine it pre-nerf.

LiK

So auto rifles still dong in MP.

They don't need a further damage reduction, they just need to have their bullet spreads and damage drop offs changed. They shouldn't be doing the damage they are from so far away.

I dunno, I was dominating Control and Clash with my Shadow Price last night while doing the Crucible Bounties and leveling up the Gjallahorn. I was number 1 in my team. The only map that I sucked at was the Moon. Had a pretty shitty team and the enemy looked like they were in a party because of how they played and stayed together.

Anyway, ARs are still effective in smaller maps if you are consistent with headshots, imo. But stability has been the main issue with the nerf, imo. It's harder to control compared to SRs.

Btw, I dunno if you mean dong in good or bad way, lol

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I need to stop responding to every mythoclast post, lol. Everyone probably wants me to get it just so I shutup about it.

Zakalwe

Banned
NEWSFLASH: FORUM IS FOR DISCUSSION. Guess the same could be said that there's no need saying it's been said before. These forums are for all discussion you know.

You've made the exact same comment a few times now, just seems a bit silly to comment on every time is all. It's like you need to constantly let us know you're better than average.

Fair enough though, forum is open!

I need to stop responding to every mythoclast post, lol. Everyone probably wants me to get it just so I shutup about it.

Right... I was doing the exact same thing about pvp a while ago. My ego was being bruised by frustrations caused by lag, etc... I think I made the same post about 5 times venting my game rage.

Took the advice I just gave Jito and shut the hell up. :p

Jito

Banned
You've made the exact same comment a few times now, just seems a bit silly to comment on every time is all. It's like you need to constantly let us know you're better than average.

Fair enough though, forum is open!

Yeh I like discussing the issues with this game, sorry that doesn't conform to what you think I should be posting? Thanks for noticing me though :D

Edit: Like how is it any different from someone posting "Just did raid again, got no loot" 100 times over?

E92 M3

You'll get I'm sure.

Also I think the Vex buff will make it better than before for PVE. They want it to be quite good.

blackflag

What's the best way to level weapons and armor once I've done bounties?

I got my lock to 20 and had an exotic and 2 legendary pieces waiting. Also trying to level my Vex.

Some kind of loot cave good since I'll also get Hadronic essence, or the "you've awoken the hive"?

ethomaz

Banned
They said they are considering buffing the Mytho by raising the weapon damage above 300, according to the weekly update. This might be the way to go because in PvP weapon damage numbers are not used when calculating damage output.
Didn't know that... so looks like the balance is equal in both modes :(

LiK

What's the best way to level weapons and armor once I've done bounties?

I got my lock to 20 and had an exotic and 2 legendary pieces waiting. Also trying to level my Vex.

Some kind of loot cave good since I'll also get Hadronic essence, or the "you've awoken the hive"?

Just play PVP. I leveled up fast there.

Tovarisc

Someone has found his way into, what seems very likely to be, upcoming DLC areas on the Moon. This is getting hilariously bad for Bungie in certain way [read: a lot areas hidden away].

Because I can't figure out how to embedded video into GAF post interested people mayh head here for look how to get there etc, Click me!

Unlegend me if old.

blackflag

My very casual roommate went from averaging 0.4 on Clash to 1.5 over his last few matches. The difference?

Vex Mythoclast I got last night. Can't imagine it pre-nerf.

I was destroying with it. It's pretty good but at longer range it's pretty bad, at least without all the upgrades. Seems fair now at least, well maybe even still a little too good. People at mid to close range that got the drop on me always died unless they shotgunned me.

But yeah it's terrible against tougher enemies in PVE.

In never heard of a chest in the jumping area.

Have you heard of people claiming to get a chest there? People were speculating there might be one on reddit...

Yeah, every raid one player or the other claims there is a 6th chest in the platforming area. We when went to the secret area in the platforming location, the one where you climb the rocks on the left of the jump spawn and fall down to a far away platform, but couldn't find anything.

I guess it must be fake. There is no 6th chest, and if there was, it would just give ass mats anyway :(

Someone has found his way into, what seems very likely to be, upcoming DLC areas on the Moon. This is getting hilariously bad for Bungie in certain way [read: a lot areas hidden away].

Because I can't figure out how to embedded video into GAF post interested people mayh head here for look how to get there etc, Click me!

Unlegend me if old.
Iv already been in there. Pretty cool looking inside.

Well, managed to beat Phogoth second try. The moment he went down my butt cheeks clenched up, but fortunately no zebra stampede came to stop me from reaping the spoils of victory.

I got four Blue engrams for my troubles.

Destiny.

Got squat again from normal last night. A month of raiding and I have yet to get any raid gear, still stuck at 28 while friends are planning to do hard mode cause they are all 29s and 30s. I think I'm gonna take a break from this game. Nightfall netted me my 3rd set of sunbreakers :/ fuck rngjesus

blackflag

Well, managed to beat Phogoth second try. The moment he went down my butt cheeks clenched up, but fortunately no zebra stampede came to stop me from reaping the spoils of victory.

I got four Blue engrams for my troubles.

Destiny.

On nightfall? U wot? I didn't know that was possible....Bungle pls

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So sad playing with team mates who are like level 20-29 and topping the team at level 12, is everyone just a booster on this?

Maybe you're new to PvP but level doesn't make much difference. And a person isn't suddenly good or bad at PvP simply because they are level 12 or 20.

Namikaze1

My theory on the closed portal in the jumping maze area is that is where Kabr had his last stand. We know from Grimoires that Kabr remained forever lost in the Vault. Perhaps that portal is meant to be the resting site of the lost Titan.

Better yet, imagine the portal opening one day, taking us to a place lost in time where a crazed Kabr resides and we are tasked with putting him down.

M3Freak

Banned
I don't think I've completed 3 crucible bounties since I've been playing the game at launch. Crucible is really lackluster in this game, especially coming from other multiplayer fps. PvE is really it's strong point and playing with friends drives that point home.

I don't like the PVE: it's fucking boring with the same tired shit over and over and over. No amount of DLC will fix what is fundamentally broken in this game and that is there is no variety. I want to collect more shit and play strikes and the raid, but it's no fun alone when there's no matchmaking in place and finding the time to play with friends when everyone is available is quite difficult.

On the other hand, PVP is always different because every match plays out differently. The maps are fun! I was afraid the game would turn into a camp fest, but it hasn't. Sure, some people snipe from obscure parts of the maps. However, I haven't found it annoying because the sniping doesn't last for long. Some weapons do make it difficult to enjoy matches (e.g. shotguns). For some reason most people prefer not to use them so I don't run into walls of players with shotguns.

I play PVE only when I have to or when my buddies are available. I play PVP everyday at least for an hour. In the end it comes down to this: different strokes for different folks.

blackflag

Got squat again from normal last night. A month of raiding and I have yet to get any raid gear, still stuck at 28 while friends are planning to do hard mode cause they are all 29s and 30s. I think I'm gonna take a break from this game. Nightfall netted me my 3rd set of sunbreakers :/ fuck rngjesus

You can get to 29 and do hard mode without any raid gear.

LiK

My theory on the closed portal in the jumping maze area is that is where Kabr had his last stand. We know from Grimoires that Kabr remained forever lost in the Vault. Perhaps that portal is meant to be the resting site of the lost Titan.

You just wrote better lore for VoG.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone know if they're buffing the Mythoclast with today's patch? I know it was mentioned (the buff) but didn't hear any timeframe.

Flo_Evans

Kind of disappointed in my normal raid group. We tear through normal raid, but they only want to cheese hard. Like they don't even want to try.

I mentioned the guy that gave me the checkpoint last week was on so they literally just sat around the 1st boss stage waiting for cheese. Like we are all 29 besides one guy... Should be able to do it.

I mean I cheesed him and got the mytho but I still want other drops. I really want to beat it legit.

So anyone got dat checkpoint? :p

blackflag

Better yet, imagine the portal opening one day, taking us to a place lost in time where a crazed Kabr resides and we are tasked with putting him down.

Congrats you made the story sound better than Bungie did...now I'm interested.

commish

I don't like the PVE: it's fucking boring with the same tired shit over and over and over. No amount of DLC will fix what is fundamentally broken in this game and that is there is no variety. I want to collect more shit and play strikes and the raid, but it's no fun alone when there's no matchmaking in place and finding the time to play with friends when everyone is available is quite difficult.

On the other hand, PVP is always different because every match plays out differently. The maps are fun! I was afraid the game would turn into a camp fest, but it hasn't. Sure, some people snipe from obscure parts of the maps. However, I haven't found it annoying because the sniping doesn't last for long. Some weapons do make it difficult to enjoy matches (e.g. shotguns). For some reason most people prefer not to use them so I don't run into walls of players with shotguns.

I play PVE only when I have to or when my buddies are available. I play PVP everyday at least for an hour. In the end it comes down to this: different strokes for different folks.

Honestly, if all you want to do is PvP and not PvE, I can't understand how someone would play Destiny. There are better FPS multiplayer games out there.

Jito

Banned
Maybe you're new to PvP but level doesn't make much difference. And a person isn't suddenly good or bad at PvP simply because they are level 12 or 20.

Just the general assumption high rank players have played more therefore they'd be better. That's why I'd really love a proper ranking system for PVP as at the moment ranks mean jack shit.

Deku Tree

Yeah, every raid one player or the other claims there is a 6th chest in the platforming area. We when went to the secret area in the platforming location, the one where you climb the rocks on the left of the jump spawn and fall down to a far away platform, but couldn't find anything.

I guess it must be fake. There is no 6th chest, and if there was, it would just give ass mats anyway :(

Yup it seems like Bungies philosophy not to give extra raid gear for the extra hard to find chest.

Does the wipe screen show any other statistic in the jumping part or in any other part? I know the wipe screen at the Templar shows the number of Templar teleports and then preventing any teleports nets you the fifth chest. So if there are no other stats on the different wipe screens then there is probably no other hide Chests Id guess.

commish

Kind of disappointed in my normal raid group. We tear through normal raid, but they only want to cheese hard. Like they don't even want to try.

I mentioned the guy that gave me the checkpoint last week was on so they literally just sat around the 1st boss stage waiting for cheese. Like we are all 29 besides one guy... Should be able to do it.

I mean I cheesed him and got the mytho but I still want other drops. I really want to beat it legit.

So anyone got dat checkpoint? :p

Then play with other people?

MADGAME

Just beat Black Garden with my alt Titan. During the end cut scene all I could think while the Stranger is babbling on about whatever is why does she have breasts? It is so weird. I am sure this is brought up in ME threads and what not but it is so dumb. I get having to give a robot a voice (so male or female is fine) but to make them anatomically accurate to that voice is just beyond dumb. I am pretty sure if you are creating bad ass fighting robots you would streamline them for absolute destruction and not sex appeal. Just a thought
Where is the info/grimorie/resource that says the Traveler and Ghosts are robots? Although they seem mechanical in nature, I thought they were "alive" in some way and perhaps DNA based? I know this exist already in the Destiny universe as the Vex mind cores are biological. Just wondering if there is hard data that the Traveler is purely robotic or if we are speculating.

Have you heard of people claiming to get a chest there? People were speculating there might be one on reddit...
I hope it is another secret chest triggered by an unknown. Maybe something like each appearing platform must be touched, or even touched at the same time by all fireteam members (a coordinated jump down all appearing platforms simultaneously by the entire team), or maybe something tied to the secret tunnel at the beginning of the platform area. Will be interesting to see what develops. I may save a checkpoint there and experiment.

Tawpgun

I dunno, I was dominating Control and Clash with my Shadow Price last night while doing the Crucible Bounties and leveling up the Gjallahorn. I was number 1 in my team. The only map that I sucked at was the Moon. Had a pretty shitty team and the enemy looked like they were in a party because of how they played and stayed together.

Anyway, ARs are still effective in smaller maps if you are consistent with headshots, imo. But stability has been the main issue with the nerf, imo. It's harder to control compared to SRs.

Btw, I dunno if you mean dong in good or bad way, lol

Thats what im saying they're still too good

hydruxo

Anyone know if they're buffing the Mythoclast with today's patch? I know it was mentioned (the buff) but didn't hear any timeframe.

I don't think so. Atheon cheese is first on the agenda, and I think Bungie is still working on the buffs for Mythoclast. We still haven't gotten the buff for Thorn & Bad Juju yet so I'm not expecting Mythoclast just a few days after they announced it getting buffed. That being said, hopefully I'm wrong.

Namikaze1

Just think about it. Every time we lose the people outside of the portals during the Athean fight, the portal team gets the message "You are forever lost in time."

Kabr had sent a messenger to the Tower to warn them of the Vault. He stayed behind, fought the Vex alone, and was never seen since then. That portal is so far from the Athean entrance. We don't know if Kabr fought Athean. Perhaps Kabr went through this portal but due to being alone, he was forever lost in time. He could still be fighting the Vex and we wouldn't even know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom