• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory on the closed portal in the jumping maze area is that is where Kabr had his last stand. We know from Grimoires that Kabr remained forever lost in the Vault. Perhaps that portal is meant to be the resting site of the lost Titan.

Better yet, imagine the portal opening one day, taking us to a place lost in time where a crazed Kabr resides and we are tasked with putting him down.

Too much story for Destiny. Get that out of here.
I would actually love that. Pls Bungie add some story to your game.

Definity

So how long until the hand cannons are hit with the nerf bat? See more and more people using them now. Only a matter of time, right?
Going to be a sad day if it ever happens.

LiK

Thats what im saying they're still too good

Fusion Rifles are still OP. I love how they can still just kill me with one hit from mid-range. I'll never stop bitching about them. It usually requires me to use a full clip with the SP to take down a guy mid-range after nerf if he's moving a lot. They're not that OP. I hardly die to fellow AR users.

ARs can't be that OP if i don't die that much to them.

Namikaze1

Crazy theory but what if Kabr was sent forward in time? What if he is the one who sent the Stranger to aid us? We know from her weapon description that she's not of this time. And the Vex were seen as the main threat. Perhaps Kabr is still alive.

hydruxo

So how long until the hand cannons are hit with the nerf bat? See more and more people using them now. Only a matter of time, right?
Going to be a sad day if it ever happens.

I'll probably quit if that happens. HCs are my favorite weapons and I feel like they are perfectly balanced in both PvE and PvP.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't think so. Atheon cheese is first on the agenda, and I think Bungie is still working on the buffs for Mythoclast. We still haven't gotten the buff for Thorn & Bad Juju yet so I'm not expecting Mythoclast just a few days after they announced it getting buffed. That being said, hopefully I'm wrong.

I hope they buff the Vex today along with the VoG exploit fixes. Will help a lot of people with the level 24 strikes.

Crazy theory but what if Kabr was sent forward in time? What if he is the one who sent the Stranger to aid us? We know from her weapon description that she's not of this time. And the Vex were seen as the main threat. Perhaps Kabr is still alive.

Your posts make me realize that this game could have had a really cool story.

realcZk

Kabr is a she?

Regardless, why did she take all her armor off and leave it laying around in the VoG? Maybe she was trying to seduce Atheon.

M3Freak

Banned
Honestly, if all you want to do is PvP and not PvE, I can't understand how someone would play Destiny. There are better FPS multiplayer games out there.

This is true! The thing is, PVE CAN be fun, but I just don't like running around solo all the time. It makes the game boring for me.

I guess I could add a bunch of GAFers to increase my chances of finding people to play with. Unlike GAFers, I only have one character (and I'll probably never have more) so levelling up is taking me longer. I've been just shy of 26 for a week now and it isn't changing! :/

Maybe I should just play PVE more and my opinion will change...

You can get to 29 and do hard mode without any raid gear.

Yeah I may have to, I do have like 37 shards laying around. But man the content is wearing thin on me. With Civ:BE coming out I may still take a hiatus.

Side note: Shoutout ot Subvolution who jumped into our Nightfall run yesterday and showed us how to lure on the Witches :D

Someone has found his way into, what seems very likely to be, upcoming DLC areas on the Moon. This is getting hilariously bad for Bungie in certain way [read: a lot areas hidden away].

Because I can't figure out how to embedded video into GAF post interested people mayh head here for look how to get there etc, Click me!

Unlegend me if old.

Shit, should've warned me you needed a super to get across the final part. When he reached that moment in the video, me and my Defender felt pretty embarassed.

realcZk

This is true! The thing is, PVE CAN be fun, but I just don't like running around solo all the time. It makes the game boring for me.

I guess I could add a bunch of GAFers to increase my chances of finding people to play with. Unlike GAFers, I only have one character (and I'll probably never have more) so levelling up is taking me longer. I've been just shy of 26 for a week now and it isn't changing! :/

Maybe I should just play PVE more and my opinion will change...

PvE solo is pretty damn lame. The best content in the game PvE wise can't even be attempted/completed solo. The only reason I've played Destiny as long as I have in PvE and the reason I'm still playing is because I play with friends (people I've met on GAF and elsewhere).

Add me on PSN : bytestyle

We will be running through the raid on normal this weekend you're welcome to tag along if you havent done it yet, level 26 is fine.

Tawpgun

Fusion Rifles are still OP. I love how they can still just kill me with one hit from mid-range. I'll never stop bitching about them. It usually requires me to use a full clip with the SP to take down a guy mid-range after nerf if he's moving a lot. They're not that OP. I hardly die to fellow AR users.

ARs can't be that OP if i don't die that much to them.

wut

Nah I'm saying that despite me having perfect aim I believe it still takes 3 headshots to kill with visions of confluence. At mid range I have lost battles to AR's despite having perfect aim. Or traded kills.

I think the weapon balance should be more along the philosophy of Halo. Precision based weapons like the scouts and pulse rifles should have the FASTEST time to kill because they are less forgiving. The guns that take the most skill to use should reward that skill with faster kill times.

Kinda like how the BR/DMR in Halo could outshoot an AR, even at pretty close-mid range if you just land all your shots perfectly.

E92 M3

Question: Did Bungie add some special effects to sprinting after nightfall? My hunter has this after dash now when sprinting...and I'm using Gunslinger currently. Wasn't there yesterday, weird.

Tovarisc

My theory is that Stranger is one of the last surviving pre-light Guardians from the Golden Age and has her memory intact.

Kabr being in future, or in some place in time, and alive is remote possibility when we look at lore of Vex Mythoclast.

Some legends live forever. Others are overwritten - reshaped by the sheer will of those who believe that any ordeal can be conquered, any foe vanquished, any god cast down.

The Mythoclast is a Vex instrument from some far-flung corner of time and space, mysteriously fit for human hands. Its origins, mechanism of action, and ultimate purpose remain unknown. Perhaps it will reveal itself to you, in time...

It's weapon with Vex tech origins, but fitted to be operated by human hands. There is no reason for Vex to shape weapon like this to be used by humans and against Vex itself. Kabr in other hand has a lot reason to shape weapon like this if he [or she?] is still alive and just lost in time.

Atheon dying could be played as event upon which past, presence and future, with all of its possible variations, come one timestream for short period, blink of an eye, causing stuff to get through. Stuff like Mythoclast.

Dunlop

I've hit a new wall, I need shards to be able to progress farther

3 attempts with destinylfg to do weekly's ended in failure as the people that make the groups anyways seem to be too low for it and get one shotted.

I'll try to make my own group but why the hell is there no matchmaking for this?

gatti-man

Got squat again from normal last night. A month of raiding and I have yet to get any raid gear, still stuck at 28 while friends are planning to do hard mode cause they are all 29s and 30s. I think I'm gonna take a break from this game. Nightfall netted me my 3rd set of sunbreakers :/ fuck rngjesus
Level up to 29 with normal legendaries and do hard mode anyways. Its what i did. My head chest and gloves all were dropped in hard mode. Ive run normal 5 times now and all that dropped were boots.

Just the general assumption high rank players have played more therefore they'd be better. That's why I'd really love a proper ranking system for PVP as at the moment ranks mean jack shit.

When you take alts in to account, you never know. I just started a Titan alt and began leveling him in Crucible. I was in a match with mostly high 20's and still managed to be at the top or second on my team despite the fact that I hadn't even unlocked double jump yet.

TheF1BOB

Banned
getting pissed off at this game. just keep getting the same blue engrams over and over gain. not leveling at all.

just gotta keep doing bounties and vanguard playlist to get reputation to buy shit. sigh.

I've hit a new wall, I need shards to be able to progress farther

3 attempts with destinylfg to do weekly's ended in failure as the people that make the groups anyways seem to be too low for it and get one shotted.

I'll try to make my own group but why the hell is there no matchmaking for this?

gods knows considering they have it for the vanguard strike playlist.

bungie just confuse me.

Just think about it. Every time we lose the people outside of the portals during the Athean fight, the portal team gets the message "You are forever lost in time.".

That's a really good point about the wipe message in the portals. Personally, I just want to find the sync plate that opens that outside portal.

Shito

I hope they add a matchmaking option in the future for weeklies and nightfall, but I also hope they'll still let you attempt it solo or just with one friend. I like this as well.

LiK

wut

Nah I'm saying that despite me having perfect aim I believe it still takes 3 headshots to kill with visions of confluence. At mid range I have lost battles to AR's despite having perfect aim. Or traded kills.

I think the weapon balance should be more along the philosophy of Halo. Precision based weapons like the scouts and pulse rifles should have the FASTEST time to kill because they are less forgiving. The guns that take the most skill to use should reward that skill with faster kill times.

Kinda like how the BR/DMR in Halo could outshoot an AR, even at pretty close-mid range if you just land all your shots perfectly.

SRs/Pulse have been doing well in PVP from my experience in mid-range during 1v1. I died more to SRs after the buff especially. I don't find SRs that tough to use especially with the higher stability perks. Still slowly leveling that up.

When did destinylfg become horrible?

They were never good. My first Raid group used them to fill slots and those assholes dropped out if people died a few times.

commish

In other news, RNG has smiled on me a bit and I'll be taking my Titan to level 30 today to join my hunter at 30. I still haven't raided with my warlock this week so might be able to get all 3 to 30 this week.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm taking all day off tomorrow from work. I just need a break. A Mental Health Day.

Anyone want to run through the raid tomorrow? Legitimately? I have a Level 28 Hunter, but it's actually feasible that I could get her to Level 29 soon enough with materials.

Deku Tree

Floating chest on best Mars Relic Iron farming route... probably not intentional right? For some reason Bungie decided to move something and they forgot to relocate the chest or they didn't care?

commish

They were never good. My first Raid group used them to fill slots and those assholes dropped out if people died a few times.

I've had more gaffers do this then destinylfg folks, surprisingly enough, especially once the cheese party started. I guess people are starting to feel entitled to easy free raid drops.

MADGAME

In other news, RNG has smiled on me a bit and I'll be taking my Titan to level 30 today to join my hunter at 30. I still haven't raided with my warlock this week so might be able to get all 3 to 30 this week.

Happy for you and hate you at the same time! Lol, After nearing 20 raid completions, I still only have two pieces of raid gear.

Congrats though man, that's going to be sogood.gif if you get all 3 to 30

Deku Tree

Happy for you and hate you at the same time! Lol, After nearing 20 raid completions, I still only have two pieces of raid gear.

Yup. I only have the raid gloves and the raid chest. Hoping to get the Raid boots to get to level 30. Also wouldn't mind picking up the Raid helmet eventually.

LiK

I've had more gaffers do this then destinylfg folks, surprisingly enough, especially once the cheese party started. I guess people are starting to feel entitled to easy free raid drops.

Seriously? I haven't had any Gaffers drop out unless it was an error or they had to bail with a reason. You should play with me. ;)

commish

I have 1257 deaths in VoG. 1257. So, it's not like I haven't earned them :p It's most frustrating when people get 2 or 3 pieces in their first raid. Grrr

Seriously? I haven't had any Gaffers drop out unless it was an error or they had to bail with a reason. You should play with me. ;)

Just to be clear, the vast, vast majority of gaffers I play with are awesome. If you are on PS4, then I will add you!

Deku Tree

I've seen Gaffers drop out only rarely. I guess I dropped out of our hard Raid group on Monday night, but it was already almost 1am my time and we had been playing for several hours, and I had to wake up at 6:30am the next morning. Yeah and the other guy who dropped out before me told us "wife enraged" but he had played through several checkpoints for several hours and lots of deaths.

I don't feel as bad when people drop out and they explain it (because of real life getting in the way), instead of people on destinylft just leaving for no reason because we didn't finish the checkpoint fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom