• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've seen Gaffers drop out only rarely. I guess I dropped out of our hard Raid group on Monday night, but it was already almost 1am my time and we had been playing for several hours, I had to wake up at 6:30am the next morning. Yeah and the other guy who dropped out before me told us "wife enraged" but he had played through several checkpoints and lots of deaths.

I don't feel as bad when people drop out and they explain it (because of real life getting in the way), instead of people on destinylft just leaving for no reason because we didn't finish the checkpoint fast enough.

I know all too well the "wife enraging" reason. My GF enrages often since this game was released.

I haven't had anyone from destiny LFG bow out yet, but I do admit it's my third choice for filling a group - GAF first, then the app (lot of success here) and then destiny lfg.

At any one time, I have 40 to 50 people on my friends list playing Destiny. What this game desperately needs is some type of indicator in our friends list that someone wants to run something. So, if you want to run a nightfall, you can set that indicator so others know. Maybe even include filters so you can filter and see just those folks who want to run nightfall. Boom, easy group and a group with people you know and have played with before.

In other news, RNG has smiled on me a bit and I'll be taking my Titan to level 30 today to join my hunter at 30. I still haven't raided with my warlock this week so might be able to get all 3 to 30 this week.

Damn, I thought I was blessed. Haven't even started raiding with my third class yet.

Trojan

Saw the final step of the Thorn bounty was Summoming Pits at level 26.

Holy shit doing this solo will be a lot harder than I thought. How is this 26?

It isn't. Did that shit two days ago and it was harder than Devil's Lair Nightfall.

No joke - me and my brother played this strike, both at level 27, and we were consistently getting smoked at Phogoth. We eventually both got our Thorns by busting out the Golden Gun when Xyor showed up and killing him outright, not even finishing the strike because we would wipe soon after that point. It's still sitting unfinished and I have no desire to go back and finish it up.

The good news is that I've finally leveled up that Thorn with the Mark of the Devourer perk...it took FOREVER but it is so beast in PvP. I roll in with Thorn and Found Verdict as my shotty and can wreck havoc.

Grewitch

Ladies and gentlemen,

Let me present to you...THE SHIT SHIP:

15600814165_23fc8d596a_h_d.jpg

As rewarded to my friend Repins Emanon for becoming legend.

Just remember somebody got paid to design this piece of shit.

Tovarisc

Ladies and gentlemen,

Let me present to you...THE SHIT SHIP:

As rewarded to my friend Repins Emanon for becoming legend.

Just remember somebody got paid to design this piece of shit.

That weird shade of brown [I refuse to call it shade of shit] is slapped to 90% of the ships in the game.

So yesterday I learned that my girlfriend will turn off my PlayStation while I'm in the middle of a raid if it is nearly midnight. I am sad to have learned that and apologize to everyone in my group. Like wth? Who does that?

Homeboyd

So yesterday I learned that my girlfriend will turn off my PlayStation while I'm in the middle of a raid if it is nearly midnight. I am sad to have learned that and apologize to everyone in my group. Like wth? Who does that?
Wait what? Like turn it off right in front of you? I don't understand.

LiK

like the raid ship that you get...YIKES. I hate the design of ships in this game

Most of the common/uncommon ships they sell are better looking than the Rares and Legendaries. I'll probably switch around. Bungie seems to have an obsession with diarrhea brown colored ships.

Most of the common/uncommon ships they sell are better looking than the Rares and Legendaries. I'll probably switch around. Bungie seems to have an obsession with diarrhea brown colored ships.

I'm sure I have every rare ship possible and then some.... Suffice to say 90% of them look like shit.

I'm on now; took off to not feeling well. I can do weekly, but feel like Nightfall is too stressful for me right now. Just playing chill Destiny till I feel better lol.

I hear ya lol. Running it yesterday reminded me how much I'm going to hate hate HATE the Moon Raid. High level Hive are the worst.

Deku Tree

I know all too well the "wife enraging" reason. My GF enrages often since this game was released.

I haven't had anyone from destiny LFG bow out yet, but I do admit it's my third choice for filling a group - GAF first, then the app (lot of success here) and then destiny lfg.

At any one time, I have 40 to 50 people on my friends list playing Destiny. What this game desperately needs is some type of indicator in our friends list that someone wants to run something. So, if you want to run a nightfall, you can set that indicator so others know. Maybe even include filters so you can filter and see just those folks who want to run nightfall. Boom, easy group and a group with people you know and have played with before.

Yup that would be great if you could post an "Ad" among your friends list "looking for RAID" or "looking for Nightfall" etc. It would also cut down on all the friend invites that I get to do things when I'm unavailable too. Do it Bungie!!!

Jito

Banned
Anyone figured out why gold chests give the shitest rewards ever? Just found one on Venus that gave me a level 8 auto rifle, that'd be great if I wasn't level 12 on a planet recommended for level 10 to 12. Is it just a bug?

benjammin

Floating chest on best Mars Relic Iron farming route... probably not intentional right? For some reason Bungie decided to move something and they forgot to relocate the chest or they didn't care?

I've come across this chest 4 times and every time it has given me 10+ relic iron and some engrams. It's the best chest in the game as far as I'm concerned

Loaded into a tower with a mate. No vendors, no people, nothing. Then after about 3 minutes of walking around they all spawned in.Yay for sonys network .

NeOak

Floating chest on best Mars Relic Iron farming route... probably not intentional right? For some reason Bungie decided to move something and they forgot to relocate the chest or they didn't care?

It's floating on top of the story in the game.

Lima

Sounds like she is more your mom than girlfriend.

Tovarisc

Consider telling her that shit like that isn't ok?

LiK

Yup. She turned it off. On one hand, she's making sure I get test for work. On the other hand, she's messing with my fun. Guess I'll have to cut back some and start raiding earlier.

Dude, what the hell. I don't have nice words to say about that so I won't. lol

LordofPwn

No joke - me and my brother played this strike, both at level 27, and we were consistently getting smoked at Phogoth. We eventually both got our Thorns by busting out the Golden Gun when Xyor showed up and killing him outright, not even finishing the strike because we would wipe soon after that point. It's still sitting unfinished and I have no desire to go back and finish it up.

The good news is that I've finally leveled up that Thorn with the Mark of the Devourer perk...it took FOREVER but it is so beast in PvP. I roll in with Thorn and Found Verdict as my shotty and can wreck havoc.

This is actually an incredibly easy mission, take your time, if someone goes down just wait 30 seconds, if you do it solo then just stay back, pick off enemies and then when you get to phogoth just sit in the room that's right before the big room with phogoth, kill adds, dont worry about phogoth, and then when the shrieker spawns, just move back 1 room, wait for shrieker to despawn, rinse and repeat, and eventually Xyor will come to you.

Chitown B

That chest always has bonus stuff in it. I think it's intentional to make it harder to find.

Waldini

Whoa!

Got asked to cheese Atheon once more. The "experienced" guy said he was gonna cheese it. After 30 minutes, he threw his joystick away and disconnected. Everyone left!

Thanks random "experienced" guy for that Checkpoint...

Got a ship, shader and some shards. Better then nothing.

This weekend will mark the second time we attempt (and finish) it on hard. No more Atheon cheesing! I want the rest too.

Steroyd

Anyone figured out why gold chests give the shitest rewards ever? Just found one on Venus that gave me a level 8 auto rifle, that'd be great if I wasn't level 12 on a planet recommended for level 10 to 12. Is it just a bug?

It's not a bug, you get the exact same stuff depending what number chest you've opened (5th chest of earth will always give you a sparrow, 3rd chest on Venus always gives you gauntlet etc etc), as to why they're shit, ask Bungie they purposefully hand picked the gold chest loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom