• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the same problem, using the vex, I get hardly ANY DROPS at all, no matter what I kill. its not unusual for me to have 0 ammo on every gun and nothing to pick up...

That shit is happening to me with all of my primaries, no matter of race. As of late getting primary ammo from kills has been like pulling teeth, slow and painful. Almost like Bungie ninja nerfed ammo drop rates for some reason.

After using the Mythoclast for a bit I started to get the habit of occasionally meleeing some weaker adds. Killing them with melee usually makes them drop some primary ammo.

Shamefully any half competent FR roller keeps his rifle always "cooked" when he gets bogies to his radar. This means moment he sees you his FR is about to go off and you are toast before getting into OHK shotty range.

Which is why I find it amusing how loudly a lots of people are against AR's and Shotties, "so OP nerf plox!", but never ever mention bullshit that is FR. Weapon that has range of AR and damage of shotty resulting in very long reach and OHK capability for that whole range spread.

Yeah, I think the range and accuracy is the biggest problem. I wouldn't mind it being OHK if:

• All 3 shots had to connect (which I'm pretty sure is the case now but I swear I've seen it from 2).
  • The 3 shots either had a much wider spread, or crazy instability that made it impossible to connect all 3 on one target unless they were in close proximity.
Shooting an FR should be like getting 3 quick automatic shots from a Magnum instead of how it is now which is closer to an unstable auto rifle. Then you could have exotics that bring that stability down significantly or increase the range or something.

Steroyd

Was your mind just blown?

Lets see.

Played as Titan: 7d 18hr 25m
Played as Hunter: 18h 51m
Played as Warlock: 15h 16m

Yup, mind blown.

And the mobile app too!

This makes things so much convenient when I'm determining which kit to move across my characters, goddamnit, where's the instruction manual to this, I miss instruction manuals. >_<

Yep, but they really need to add the ability to swap weapons in and out of the vault. PITA when you have multiple characters.

Yup, this is the only thing missing to make it a super fucking awesome feature.

Anyone else hoping Xur brings an exotic armour piece so they can get to 30?

I have the raid boots, chest and helmet. No gauntlets yet.

Hopefully Xur has Titan gauntlets, No Back Up Plans, which haven't been seen since launch week when Xur first appeared.

Come on xur!!! Get me to 30 this Friday!!!

My wife wouldn't turn off the PS4, but I've definitely noticed an enrage timer.

Lol. Too true. My wife is very understanding, but there is limits to everything. She hasn't seen this game addict side of me since GT5, but we were only dating back then. Luckily there is very little point to playing outside of Tuesday nights, a quick daily mission and a few bounties and a bit on some late weekend nights. I def can trim back. I do however need to set aside a few hours for my first raid attempt.

Jito

Banned
How long did it take everyone to figure out you can emote whilst on the sparrow? Only just found out last night after 50+ hours!

ultron87

Does the Ice Breaker's "victims spontaneously combust, dealing damage to others nearby" ability actually do anything? I feel like I've never seen any damage to adjacent guys happen due to this.

So loot from Normal Raid last night:

Red Death (third one, so dismantled)
Titan Boots (second one, so dismantled)
Vision of Confluence? (Scout Rifle with Sol damage, fuck yes to this)
Shader (third one, my characters are so white, I'm beginning to turn racist)
Corrective Measure (not sure about this one, The Swarm was my first legendary, and it has served me very well.

I'm currently 9 shards and 32 spinmetal away from level 30. It's so close I can taste it.

Steroyd

How long did it take everyone to figure out you can emote whilst on the sparrow? Only just found out last night after 50+ hours!

Over a week and a half after initally playing it, I was wondering if my Titan could dance on the sparrow lol.

Does the Ice Breaker's "victims spontaneously combust, dealing damage to others nearby" ability actually do anything? I feel like I've never seen any damage to adjacent guys happen due to this.

I've seen it happen in PVE, but it seems they have to be really close for it to mean anything.

Zakalwe

Banned
Any tips for using the last word in Pvp? That kick and recoil.. I am an love with the reloading and how it's fired.

For full auto:
Make sure all stability upgrades are enabled.
Fire from the hip.
Aim at the lower part of the target's body and let the recoil carry the shots upward or aimf for the head and pull down slightly (you don't need much, the gun is very stable).

You can ads if the target is a little outside of range, but try to get used to hip firing as much as possible as the accuracy is very good. You can get the 3 headshot kill from the hip at close to mid once you get used to it. Very, very quick kills.

Lol, got a legendary Helm Engram. My Titan has an Exotic and Raid helm, my Warlock too, and my Hunter has an Exotic waiting when he reaches lvl 20... Who needs the materials more, that's the question now. :lol

LiK

For full auto:
Fire from the hip.
Aim at the lower part of the target's body and let the recoil carry the shots upward or aimf for the head and pull down slightly (you don't need much, the gun is very stable).

You can ads if the target is a little outside of range, but try to get used to hip firing as much as possible as the accuracy is very good. You can get the 3 headshot kill from the hip at close to mid once you get used to it. Very, very quick kills.

I want this gun

Deku Tree

For full auto:
Fire from the hip.

Wait... the last word has full auto mode? Wow! I got to start leveling mine. I haven't looked at it since I got it from the Nightfall yesterday.

Atkison04

Lol. Too true. My wife is very understanding, but there is limits to everything. She hasn't seen this game addict side of me since GT5, but we were only dating back then. Luckily there is very little point to playing outside of Tuesday nights, a quick daily mission and a few bounties and a bit on some late weekend nights. I def can trim back. I do however need to set aside a few hours for my first raid attempt.

True that. I've been playing more games the last 5 or so weeks than I have in a very long time. I'm sure my wife feels a little bit over it, but she is understanding for the most part. I do ask her if it's okay if I play (but I would anyways). I actually just text her to see if it was okay for me to attempt my first raid this Friday morning (does anyone else feel funny talking to their wife about nightfall or raids? lol)

My real life buddy, on the other hand, is getting locked down by his wife. Dude can't even hardly play on the weekends anymore. So in turn, he gets a bit salty with me that I can play more than he can.

LiK

True that. I've been playing more games the last 5 or so weeks than I have in a very long time. I'm sure my wife feels a little bit over it, but she is understanding for the most part. I do ask her if it's okay if I play (but I would anyways). I actually just text her to see if it was okay for me to attempt my first raid this Friday morning (does anyone else feel funny talking to their wife about nightfall or raids? lol)

My real life buddy, on the other hand, is getting locked down by his wife. Dude can't even hardly play on the weekends anymore. So in turn, he gets a bit salty with me that I can play more than he can.

He can't play on weekends? Maybe his wife should sacrifice one of her hobbies too.

patchday

For full auto:
Fire from the hip.

I just got TLW from raid last night. But noticed the base version has the recoil issues. It is very inconvient releveling all of these guns. I just want it to work 100% when I get the drop
Thanks for the post

MADGAME

The 4 emotes are actually directional indicators - point forward, turn left, turn right, and hold hold/stop. The animation for stop by pushing down on the d-pad just needs a middle finger to be perfect.

ocean

Banned
Atheon's Epilogue and Ice Breaker at 300 attack. Next up: Vex Mythoclast and Void Light/Beware. These are two Exotic/Legendary combos I like.

Hard Raid, I'm coming for you.

realcZk

The Last Word is fun, and looks cool, but I still feel that Thorn destroys it in PvP performance. I don't have the last hip fire upgrade on mine, but I always ADS when I have time because its more accurate.

So loot from Normal Raid last night:

Red Death (third one, so dismantled)
Titan Boots (second one, so dismantled)
Vision of Confluence? (Scout Rifle with Sol damage, fuck yes to this)
Shader (third one, my characters are so white, I'm beginning to turn racist)
Corrective Measure (not sure about this one, The Swarm was my first legendary, and it has served me very well.

I'm currently 9 shards and 32 spinmetal away from level 30. It's so close I can taste it.

What the fuck? Honestly, how are people getting this stuff? All I get is ascendant shards and arm bands. This makes zero sense.

Kind of seems like it's glitched. I've seen some enemies I kill explode and others don't. But yeah the explosion isn't great although useful for Thralls that are grouped together.

Leveling my alt Warlock, really tedious only on level 8 lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, this is the thing. I never even opened my PS4 for six+ months after buying it (even made a gaf thread about it). Didn't play a console game once in the year before Destiny beta (and D3), basically. Then all of a sudden, I'm up til 3 am playing while she's sleeping and it's basically been "where the f did this come from". I haven't put this much time into a game since my MMORPG days years and years ago.

I told her yesterday that if she would just give me time on Tuesdays, then I wouldn't need to play so much on other days. Let me do my weeklies!

Zakalwe

Banned
Wait... the last word has full auto mode? Wow! I got to start leveling mine. I haven't looked at it since I got it from the Nightfall yesterday.

Yep. I overlooked it at first too.

I just got TLW from raid last night. But noticed the base version has the recoil issues. It is very inconvient releveling all of these guns. I just want it to work 100% when I get the drop
Thanks for the post

It's one of the guns that really needs to be tamed with mods. At first I felt lied to, then I hit those stability upgrades...

The Last Word is fun, and looks cool, but I still feel that Thorn destroys it in PvP performance. I don't have the last hip fire upgrade on mine, but I always ADS when I have time because its more accurate.

I can see how Thorn might be prefered for playstyle reasons, but in its current state I very much doubt it out-operforms TLW.

Would love to see some number crunching or in depth video comparisons or something, and I'm extremely curious about the Thorn buff...

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looking to join a Nightfall or a Level 28 Heroic. Lowly 27 warlock, loves long walks on the beach and Zima.

Psn: OldKingKratos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom