• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

How long did it take everyone to figure out you can emote whilst on the sparrow? Only just found out last night after 50+ hours!

I just found out with this post

mind_blown.gif

matmanx1

Any tips or strategies for the weekly strike? Tried it last night as a lvl 25 Defender Titan with 2 Sunbro Warlocks (24 and 26) and we couldn't get through it. Usually we did pretty well until the Wizards would start spawning 3 at a time and then it would just go downhill pretty fast from there.

I know one problem is that I don't have good damage options for solar. My best solar weapons are a lvl 20 blue sniper rifle and a lvl 18 blue fusion rifle. The sniper rifle is tough to use in that room because of how much the wizards move around and the fact that you are almost always dealing with other adds.

It's entirely possible that we just might need better weapons all around but I cant help but think there has to be a better strategy for that strike than "kill adds when they show up, otherwise shoot Phogoth".

Any ideas?

Atkison04

He can't play on weekends? Maybe his wife should sacrifice one of her hobbies too.

He sets an alarm to wake up a couple hours before his wife does lol. He goes and plays then. He can usually put in about an hour during the week but on the weekends it's mostly together time. From what he has said, she is pretty clingy and wants them to just be together and do the same things. I already told my wife that I love her but I can't just stare into her eyes for hours at a time. She usually kindle creeps and relaxes while I get my game time in (after the kids go to bed). On the weekends though I've become a horrible father. I was at home with the kids last Saturday while my wife was out and my kids took advantage and drew all over the wall with crayons and emptied out their dresser all over the floor. One also had a poop on. My bad :/

Wait... the last word has full auto mode? Wow! I got to start leveling mine. I haven't looked at it since I got it from the Nightfall yesterday.

It fires full auto right from the get go, you don't have to level it up.

It is hands down my favorite gun in the game. Throwing your knife and finishing it with some shots from TLW is the most gratifying experience.

LiK

He sets an alarm to wake up a couple hours before his wife does lol. He goes and plays then. He can usually put in about an hour during the week but on the weekends it's mostly together time. From what he has said, she is pretty clingy and wants them to just be together and do the same things. I already told my wife that I love her but I can't just stare into her eyes for hours at a time. She usually kindle creeps and relaxes while I get my game time in (after the kids go to bed). On the weekends though I've become a horrible father. I was at home with the kids last Saturday while my wife was out and my kids took advantage and drew all over the wall with crayons and emptied out their dresser all over the floor. One also had a poop on. My bad :/

A lil poop on the floor is well worth it for some good loot!

ocean

Banned
Hard Raid virgin? Hohohoho
Tried as soon as I hit 29 on my main and got raped. My weapons were just not doing damage. I was rocking an un-upgraded Vanquisher III/MIDA and Light/Beware.

After a few Normal Raids where I've more than held my own, I think I am now prepared. I understand positioning and timing much better than I did. Once I get the VM to 300 I'm sure I won't drag the team down :)

First phase: Ice Breaker and AE to kill some Praetorians before they get near my plates. Next phase, VM to shoot goblins and fanatics before they get high on Conflux drug and disappear.

I can't remember being this excited about an upcoming gaming challenge in a while. Props to Bungie for making a Raid that has provoked so much talk about cheese, difficulty, coordination and frustrating loot tables. Can't wait.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Atheon's Epilogue and Ice Breaker at 300 attack. Next up: Vex Mythoclast and Void Light/Beware. These are two Exotic/Legendary combos I like.

Hard Raid, I'm coming for you.

Rockets are the most important weapon for hard mode raids, imo. That's why I think Truth is MVP. That or Gjallarhorn. They are far better than a legendary rocket launcher because a miss is pretty bad. When people do hard without fully upgraded rockets, I cry a little on the inside. Rocket everything! Praetorians hit too hard to use anything other than rockets.

kaiiri

You can Control your characters level up to level 29. Xur sells exotics armor, and if you combine that with any 3 legendary pieces, you'll make it to 29.

exactly where I am. ivr only done the raid a couple times. cheesed hm twice (speeder both times) ... and have been stuck at 29.75 forever. even tho I hit 28ish quite awhile ago. without a steady group getting to 30 just seems like a dream.

ocean

Banned
Rockets are the most important weapon for hard mode raids, imo. That's why I think Truth is MVP. That or Gjallarhorn. They are far better than a legendary rocket launcher because a miss is pretty bad. When people do hard without fully upgraded rockets, I cry a little on the inside. Rocket everything! Praetorians hit too hard to use anything other than rockets.
I have Truth and Hezen Vengeance. HV is already leveled but I need tons of mats to buy the upgrades. I'll get to it eventually. Truth on the other hand, I can't level while leveling the Mythoclast.

I'm torn as to which should get priority.

Atkison04

A lil poop on the floor is well worth it for some good loot!

Haha when my wife got home and saw that I felt like I was a teenager getting busted doing something wrong. I was like "umm what had happened was I was just trying to get thru this one nightfall baby, and if I die I have to start all over again. I just turned the game on like 20 minutes ago and this was the only thing I was gonna do in Destiny this weekend". Then I end up playing another 6 or so hours over the course of the weekend. I even have to barter for game time with my 2 year old because she wants to watch cartoons on my big screen tv in the bedroom. I tell her that if daddy can play one mission, then she can watch cartoons right after. She's always like otttayyy daddy <3

Deku Tree

My fully upgraded void light/beware fusion rifle is quite good against level 30 pretorians... Not as good as my truth or my hezen vengeance... But still extremely good with its three shot kills.

kaiiri

how is that vanguard hand cannin? I never used HCs before but leveling my alt I started using them to see what the fuss is about and im liking thrm a lot. but at the lower levels my clip is like 4 or 6... which seems... crappy. is the difference much better at the legendary level?

Pimpwerx

I'm noticing something strange with Mythoclast. It seems whenever I kill Vex with it they never drop primary ammo. Yet Fallen and Hive semm to drop primary ammo on occasion. Is this happening to others as well?

Feels like Bungie nerfed primary drops and buffed heavy drops. It could just be me though.

Hawkmoon is a fucking monster and I don't even have the second bonus damage thing unlocked

And sounds so damn awesome. Best sounding gun in the game IMO. PEACE.

Sorral

What's the consensus on the Multitool?

I got it last night and I love the snappy feel of it.

The compass/pointer on it was driving me nuts earlier today after I got it...

Probably the biggest reason that I don't like it because I JUST KEEP STARING AT THAT THING AND WHERE IT IS POINTING AT. GRRRRRR

Seems to be a nice scout rifle with good range and really good firing rate. Impact is a bit lower than I would have liked though, but I will wait until I actually upgrade it some more. The rumor of that pointer pointing at collectibles did disappoint me a bit though lol ;;

Deku Tree

Haha when my wife got home and saw that I felt like I was a teenager getting busted doing something wrong. I was like "umm what had happened was I was just trying to get thru this one nightfall baby, and if I die I have to start all over again. I just turned the game on like 20 minutes ago and this was the only thing I was gonna do in Destiny this weekend". Then I end up playing another 6 or so hours over the course of the weekend. I even have to barter for game time with my 2 year old because she wants to watch cartoons on my big screen tv in the bedroom. I tell her that if daddy can play one mission, then she can watch cartoons right after. She's always like otttayyy daddy <3

You should get an iPad or another tablet and put some videos on it for your kids. They'll never ask to watch cartoons on the big tv again.

realcZk

Feels like Bungie nerfed primary drops and buffed heavy drops. It could just be me though.

And sounds so damn awesome. Best sounding gun in the game IMO. PEACE.

I think I've noticed that too BUT it could be just that I have a constant thirst for ammo when using the Mythoclast (since it runs out all the time), and I am looking for it. When I use any other gun I rarely have to LOOK for ammo,it just happens to come my way.

Rockets were a godsend against minotaurs on normal as well when trying to prevent Templar from teleporting. Minotaur waves are ridiculous....

On the bad side if you wipe then no more ammo for a while :(.... Ran through like 7 heavy ammo synths.

anddo0

I have Truth and Hezen Vengeance. HV is already leveled but I need tons of mats to buy the upgrades. I'll get to it eventually. Truth on the other hand, I can't level while leveling the Mythoclast.

I'm torn as to which should get priority.

Had a similar dilemma. My raid loadout is Atheon's Epilogue, Icebreaker and Hezen Vengeance.. IMO, you always want the Icebreaker at ready.

The Truth does void damage, but there's too much micromanaging involved switching between Icebreaker and The Truth.. Ammo also becomes an issue when switching out weapons. So, my life is easier sticking initial loadout.

blackflag

I think it's terrible. Forever in the vault.

Much less damage per shot at the same damage level as Cryptic dragon, less range, less stability, and the scope is the worst.

There's no excuse for it being worse in every stat except for reload speed...

realcZk

IMO: Its worse than most legendary SR in terms of damage and perks, and it takes up an exotic slot. It's exotic "perks" are pretty lame, and the radar on the side is just cosmetic. There's no reason to use it over a good legendary SR at the moment, and it definitely doesn't justify the use of your exotic slot. I'm hoping Bungie makes some changes because the gun shoots fast and reloads fast, and is nice to carry. I'm not a big fan of the scope though. I've had one forever and have it maxed to 300 damage and it's sitting in the vault next to Bad Juju.

zewone

Does the Ice Breaker's "victims spontaneously combust, dealing damage to others nearby" ability actually do anything? I feel like I've never seen any damage to adjacent guys happen due to this.

I once killed 5 dreggs from one shot from a chain reaction of combustion.

LiK

IMO: Its worse than most legendary SR in terms of damage and perks, and it takes up an exotic slot. It's exotic "perks" are pretty lame, and the radar on the side is just cosmetic. There's no reason to use it over a good legendary SR at the moment, and it definitely doesn't justify the use of your exotic slot. I'm hoping Bungie makes some changes because the gun shoots fast and reloads fast, and is nice to carry. I'm not a big fan of the scope though. I've had one forever and have it maxed to 300 damage and it's sitting in the vault next to Bad Juju.

Aw really? I've been upgrading it. I like it for PVE so far. What's a good Legendary SR?

Sidenote: Is that gif as choppy for everyone else as it is for me? If so, any tips on better places to make a gif?

Yeah, gif is very choppy but I have no idea how best to make gifs so I would be curious to learn if there is any easy way to do it. I have a few videos saved simply because there is a 5 second bit that would make for a funny gif...

cakely

I got mine to 300, I love it. Great scope, third eye, quick-firing, amazing at very long ranges. The agility and movement speed bonuses are amazing. I also love the sound.

That being said, I haven't been using it as much as I would like because I have special weapon exotics that I use for both PVP and PVE. I found a "The Calling" with third eye that's been my go-to primary for both PVP and PVE now. It does more damage per shot and seems to have more impact as well. I miss the fast movement, though.

Pimpwerx

Snappy is a perfect work. The Mida Multi-Tool is probably the snappiest gun in the game. I haven't found a weapon that handles better. Quick draw, quick to aim, excellent target acquisition without being too hand-holdy, excellent range, almost no recoil and a high fire rate. Yeah...let's keep this our little secret. ;)

I don't play PvP much, so I can't vouch for it there, but at long as elemental shields aren't involved, it's an amazing weapon. Atheon's Epilogue is like a Dr. Nope with fusion damage. Vision of Confluence should be a Mida with solar. I have a real hard time picking the VoC over it. PEACE.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I got one. Is fantastic. My favorite primary weapon right now. The only thing I don't like is the lack of full auto. I have squeezing the trigger in rapid fire.

Multi tool is my favourite weapon in any game, ever.

I have my warlock built around agility, so the speed and agility boosts it gives...yum!

ocean

Banned
Had a similar dilemma. My raid loadout is Atheon's Epilogue, Icebreaker and Hezen Vengeance.. IMO, you always want the Icebreaker at ready.

The Truth does void damage, but there's too much micromanaging involved switching between Icebreaker and The Truth.. Ammo also becomes an issue when switching out weapons. So, my life is easier sticking initial loadout.
AE+IB is what I use to open the Spire and for Gatekeepers. During Templar I used MIDA so I could distance myself from fanatics and goblins and then had Light/Beware for quick Oracle or Minotaur kills. I just think I'll switch from MIDA to Mythoclast for that segment.

Atheon is all about my Ice Breaker though. Central platform where kamikaze harpies can't touch me and I can support whichever platform has to be defended. As soon as Time's Vengeance comes around I'm already at the huddle point damaging Atheon. Only disadvantage there is if Relic holder is clumsy and doesn't come shield me on time Atheon will rape me. Luckily it doesn't happen if relic holder is good :p

realcZk

Aw really? I've been upgrading it. I like it for PVE so far. What's a good Legendary SR?

The best right now is probably Vision of Confluence (Fully automatic, solar damage, huge magazine). For ones purchased from vendors, Cryptic Dragon is pretty damn good, even better if you get one with good perk rolls. The problem with the MIDA is that while its not particularly BAD, it definitely doesn't deserve the weapon exotic slot.

Trakan

So auto rifles still dong in MP.

They don't need a further damage reduction, they just need to have their bullet spreads and damage drop offs changed. They shouldn't be doing the damage they are from so far away.

Auto rifles could probably use a 1.0 headshot multiplier in pvp too. They're not really precision weapons.

Vision of Confluence is better in every way. The Mida needs a buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom