• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
I think it's terrible. Forever in the vault.

Much less damage per shot at the same damage level as Cryptic dragon, less range, less stability, and the scope is the worst.

There's no excuse for it being worse in every stat except for reload speed...
You know I have to say I disagree. My Cryptic Dragon is also amazing but a tad too slow at everything. MIDA fires, aims and reloads very quickly. It's solid.

True that. I've been playing more games the last 5 or so weeks than I have in a very long time. I'm sure my wife feels a little bit over it, but she is understanding for the most part. I do ask her if it's okay if I play (but I would anyways). I actually just text her to see if it was okay for me to attempt my first raid this Friday morning (does anyone else feel funny talking to their wife about nightfall or raids? lol)

My real life buddy, on the other hand, is getting locked down by his wife. Dude can't even hardly play on the weekends anymore. So in turn, he gets a bit salty with me that I can play more than he can.

Having to ask for permission to play a game? Did you mean to type mom instead of wife?

My dilemma is over, after getting virtually nothing but ass in the vault last night, I had enough shards to max out my Raid chest while still having enough to max out an exotic when I get Praxic so BOOM! Level 30, baby!

I guess now while I wait for Praxic I'll just work on some of the weapons I feel worth maxing before the DLC comes out like IceBreaker and I'm hoping for Gjahorn soon.

Greenymac

A friend asked for help cheesing Atheon on hard this morning...Got the helm and legendary speeder. The helm was all I needed armor wise. Now to level it and dova proper run at hard. Praise be to RNGesus!!!

breakfuss

Thought that having a mythoclast would quell my desires for something more, but idk. Still thinking Suros would be a better fit. Maybe after the buff I'll feel better about it. Going to run the normal raid tonight so hopefully I'll finally get some boots or gauntlets to bump me to 29.

You know I have to say I disagree. My Cryptic Dragon is also amazing but a tad too slow at everything. MIDA fires, aims and reloads very quickly. It's solid.

Cryptic Dragon is the same as Vision of Confluence except the range and stability flipped. Plus it doesn't have full auto.

I've noticed one too, unfortunately it's silent and is based entirely off of visual cues

Yep. These guys think the raid mechanics are tough, try figuring out when you've pushed your SO right to the edge while not sending them completely over solely based on the most subtle clues. Doesn't help that the kids want to play all of the time and our 55" tv turns the living room into a seizure inducing rave party when hip firing my suros.

Sorral

I think it's terrible. Forever in the vault.

Much less damage per shot at the same damage level as Cryptic dragon, less range, less stability, and the scope is the worst.

There's no excuse for it being worse in every stat except for reload speed...

I have the other three SRs, but Cryptic Dragon.. MIDA seems even more disappointing than I thought of it now. I usually wait until I have both perks before throwing an exotic into the vault.

Monte Carlo and Bad Juju are collecting dust. Hard Light might join them.

Aw really? I've been upgrading it. I like it for PVE so far. What's a good Legendary SR?

Can't go wrong with the A.1F19X-RYL from the vanguard NPC:

A.1F19X-RYL.png

realcZk

I got Atheons Epilogue last night from the raid by the way. How do we feel about that gun?

I like it a lot in normal raid but it was weak in hard, even fully upgraded. It takes about a full clip to drop an oracle on hard (even with 84 in the mag). If you aren't running field scout on hard its not even viable IMO, and that means sacrificing perfect balance if you want to drop an oracle without reloading. It's great at eating through shields but after the shield is down it doesn't bring much to the table. I think handcannons/scout rifle are probably best for the hard raid right now, especially Fatebringer/Hawkmoon/TDYK and VoC/CD from what I've seen (aside from MGs and RLs). Haven't had experience in hard raid with any other ARs, I imagine shadow price/suros destroy the AE in terms of damage output.

With that said if you don't have a better option like one of the guns listed above I'd still use AE in VoG on hard because of the void damage and how it can help your team drop shields.

EDIT: Also keep in mind all this testing was done as a level 29, I'm sure the gun would be better as a level 30 going into hard since you'd be utilizing its full damage output potential.

Deku Tree

I have the other three SRs, but Cryptic Dragon.. MIDA seems even more disappointing than I thought of it now. I usually wait until I have both perks before throwing an exotic into the vault.

Monte Carlo and Bad Juju are collecting dust. Hard Light might join them.

Can't go wrong with the A.1F19X-RYL from the vanguard NPC:

I might buy one of those if I don't get VoC from the raid first

What loot is hard mode only in Raid? I basically only care about Vision of Confluence and the speeder. I am in no rush for level 30 so if I can get by on normal raid only that would be great.

What's the consensus on using Radiance with Fireborn vs the one that increases damage resistance in the Crucible?

The damage mitigation from radiant skin is fuck all. Fireborn at least gets you a revenge kill or two of you know when to pop it. It also let's you continue in a fire fight if you go down except with grenades coming out of your ears like the vid I posted.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have Truth and Hezen Vengeance. HV is already leveled but I need tons of mats to buy the upgrades. I'll get to it eventually. Truth on the other hand, I can't level while leveling the Mythoclast.

I'm torn as to which should get priority.

I'm of the mind that exotic weapons are best used in the special/heavy weapon slot as they do things that legendaries can't. Firing a homing rocket is just so much better. I'm not sure the time to kill with a VM is that much different on most mobs than another fully upgraded primary weapon (or a fusion special weapon), and that's really all the VM can give over a legendary. If any mobs had solar shields, then that would be a different story. And I felt this was true before the patch as well, so I'm not sure the VM PvE upgrade would change much.

Agghh, got hit with the last post if the last page. Anyways in case anyone missed it I'm looking for a group to do the hard raid from the beginning on ps4.

Tovarisc

What loot is hard mode only in Raid? I basically only care about Vision of Confluence and the speeder. I am in no rush for level 30 so if I can get by on normal raid only that would be great.

Fatebringer [revolver], raid legendary helm and Vex Mythoclast.

Edit: Vision can drop in both modes, normal and hard.

breakfuss

^ Yeah, I'm not too keen on Atheon's Epilogue. Even fully upgraded. So I'm another "good for raid and void shields" but whack elsewhere. I just use the legendary AR I got from Dead Orbit.

I like it a lot in normal raid but it was weak in hard, even fully upgraded. It takes about a full clip to drop an oracle on hard (even with 84 in the mag). If you aren't running field scout on hard its not even viable IMO, and that means sacrificing perfect balance if you want to drop an oracle without reloading. It's great at eating through shields but after the shield is down it doesn't bring much to the table. I think handcannons/scout rifle are probably best for the hard raid right now, especially Fatebringer/Hawkmoon/TDYK and VoC/CD from what I've seen (aside from MGs and RLs). Haven't had experience in hard raid with any other ARs, I imagine shadow price/suros destroy the AE in terms of damage output.

With that said if you don't have a better option like one of the guns listed above I'd still use AE in VoG on hard because of the void damage and how it can help your team drop shields.

Interesting. So I guess it would only be good for normal raid or void burn? Looks like me finding a void sniper just dropped a little in the list of priorities.

Yeah, I was beating shit up in the normal raid last night with my Hawkmoon. After getting my ass handed to me in the hard raid last week, normal was so much easier. I died twice the entire raid and both deaths happened when I shot a damn rocket into my containment bubble by accident.

realcZk

Interesting. So I guess it would only be good for normal raid or void burn? Looks like me finding a void sniper just dropped a little in the list of priorities.

Yeah, I was beating shit up in the normal raid last night with my Hawkmoon. After getting my ass handed to me in the hard raid last week, normal was so much easier. I died twice the entire raid and both deaths happened when I shot a damn rocket into my containment bubble by accident.

LOL I die from my own rockets too much, that's why I bought an MG to see how it goes. But if I ever get the Gjallarhorn, that's what I'm using.

Yeah the AE destroys shit when void burn is on, its very fun.

Sorral

Have to agree with toastyToast. You're much better off with self-resurrect. Time it right to really catch people off guard like say when they kill you and they start capping a flag. I once caught four people this way.

Just don't use it in front of a golden gun or right in front of people who killed you while they are clearly looking towards your corpse. GG will one shot you, but arc blade will need two hits to kill you.

Atkison04

Having to ask for permission to play a game? Did you mean to type mom instead of wife?

No bro, I meant wife. I don't ask because she demands it, I just ask as a courtesy. When you have a wife and kids, it's not always cool to just plop down and game for 2 hours straight. That's got to get in when it fits in. Kids/wife/home all come in > then Destiny time, as much as I love it (you're talking to a dude that has a Destiny excel spreadsheet on my flash drive that I use to keep up with materials/upgrades/weapons along with other things) I'm also 32 and not 18 anymore, although I do still rock a hat to the back and wearing a coors light shirt to work today.

Deku Tree

What does your raid rank on Bungie.net do? anything? I am on my way to finishing raid rank 2. There is also a raid rank 3.... Would be nice if eventually Bungie gave you or let you buy raid gear if you reached a certain raid rank.

Tovarisc

The wikis say an arc pulse rifle and fusion rifle primary also drop from hard mode. Has anyone gotten those?

I have never seen arc pulse rifle to drop, but fusion rifle primary must reference to Vex Mythoclast. It's fusion rifle after all, with no charge time and firing in full auto.

Also reminded me that there is rocket launcher which most likely is Hard VoG only drop.

Kalamari

So, what is Xur bringing this week? Any predictions?

Personally, I think it will be The Last Word and Skullfort for Titans, although I would rather have No Backup Plans so I can get to 30. But, I wouldn't be disappointed with Destiny Daft Punk helmet.

Yaari

Maxed out VoC is beast mode for PvE like you guys most likely expect it to be. Once I went VoC for PvE I just couldn't pick AR back up as PvE weapon.

Yeah, and I got my ass kicked in PVP as well.
I can't wait to get the VoC and combine it with Plan C in PVP. Plan C is totally awesome.

Hope I can still get into Normal raids without my mic. I did not get invited to the group I ran with last week, so there's that. Lol.

So, what is Xur bringing this week? Any predictions?

Personally, I think it will be The Last Word and Skullfort for Titans, although I would rather have No Backup Plans so I can get to 30. But, I wouldn't be disappointed with Destiny Daft Punk helmet.

Has to be a Primary weapon. I totally believe Xur runs a schedule now, with a different type each week. I'd love TLW. Would not mind a Suros Regime either, missed out on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom