• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious on what Oracle Disruptor actually does. Does anyone have the numbers or % damage increase it does?

I'm wondering that myself. My guns with Oracle Disruptor still need a bit of upgrading, but hip firing my Suros still takes them out faster than Fatebringer or Found Verdict.

Chitown B

No bro, I meant wife. I don't ask because she demands it, I just ask as a courtesy. When you have a wife and kids, it's not always cool to just plop down and game for 2 hours straight. That's got to get in when it fits in. Kids/wife/home all come in > then Destiny time, as much as I love it (you're talking to a dude that has a Destiny excel spreadsheet on my flash drive that I use to keep up with materials/upgrades/weapons along with other things) I'm also 32 and not 18 anymore, although I do still rock a hat to the back and wearing a coors light shirt to work today.

ditto . 33 here. I play around 10PM after my wife heads to bed.

mstevens

Rocking bad seed down (got as a reward, feels like it sucks) and ice breaker right now. I almost have enough marks for Vanquisher viii... Worth it?

Skooky

Neo Member
Two Vault of Glass runs:

• Boots
  • Corrective Measure
  • Titan Mark x2
  • Ship
  • Arms
  • Chest
  • Vision of Confluence
  • Chatterwhite
Two runs level 30?

zewone

even fully upgraded. It takes about a full clip to drop an oracle on hard (even with 84 in the mag).

What primary gun can take out an oracle in less than a clip?

The Epilogue empties it's clip so fast, it's not even an issue of having to drop all those bullets into an Oracle.

It's my go to weapon in Hard raid because it destroys oracles and minotaurs.

It's also amazing in PVP.

Sorral

The wikis say an arc pulse rifle and fusion rifle primary also drop from hard mode. Has anyone gotten those?

What do you mean by fusion rifle "primary"?
We got a legendary fusion rifle for normal special weapons slot off hard mode from templer fight.

I have never seen arc pulse rifle to drop, but fusion rifle primary must reference to Vex Mythoclast. It's fusion rifle after all, with no charge time and firing in full auto.

Also reminded me that there is rocket launcher which most likely is Hard VoG only drop.

I got the RL (Hezen Vengeance) from a normal raid.

No bro, I meant wife. I don't ask because she demands it, I just ask as a courtesy. When you have a wife and kids, it's not always cool to just plop down and game for 2 hours straight. That's got to get in when it fits in. Kids/wife/home all come in > then Destiny time, as much as I love it (you're talking to a dude that has a Destiny excel spreadsheet on my flash drive that I use to keep up with materials/upgrades/weapons along with other things) I'm also 32 and not 18 anymore, although I do still rock a hat to the back and wearing a coors light shirt to work today.

IzYRY3w.jpg

Atkison04

You should get an iPad or another tablet and put some videos on it for your kids. They'll never ask to watch cartoons on the big tv again.

My kids are better on tablets and phones than I am! My 2 year old can go to the pictures on my phone, scroll thru them and play videos. Pretty awesome but she throws a fit when I take it away.

hydruxo

I'm of the mind that exotic weapons are best used in the special/heavy weapon slot as they do things that legendaries can't. Firing a homing rocket is just so much better. I'm not sure the time to kill with a VM is that much different on most mobs than another fully upgraded primary weapon (or a fusion special weapon), and that's really all the VM can give over a legendary. If any mobs had solar shields, then that would be a different story. And I felt this was true before the patch as well, so I'm not sure the VM PvE upgrade would change much.

Homing missiles can come on legendary RLs too. I have it on my Unfriendly Giant that dropped from an engram.

realcZk

What primary gun can take out an oracle in less than a clip?

The Epilogue empties it's clip so fast, it's not even an issue of having to drop all those bullets into an Oracle.

It's my go to weapon in Hard raid because it destroys oracles and minotaurs.

It's also amazing in PVP.

Not sure, from what I've seen the VoC does well and I've heard the Suros too. MGs are the best for oracles that I've found. You are also level 30 which probably helps a bit with the AE. IMHO as a level 29 it's a pretty mediocre gun in the hard raid.

Zakalwe

Banned
Some people have been saying there was a table of possible items that Xur chooses from, and that TLW wasn't on this list.

Is there any truth to this? Where did this list come from, was it data mined somehow?

As far as I'm concerned, Vision of Confluence is the best primary in the game and I'll never feel compelled to swap it out for anything currently in the game. Granted, I'm partial to SRs but elemental damage in a primary, full auto mode with ultimate stability so you can spam crit spots whether it's head or otherwise, bonus oracle damage AND it's Legendary so you can equip an exotic simultaneously.....Awesome.

Thank gawd, I thought VoC was hard only from what people said.
Nope, but you can only get it as a drop from Atheon

zewone

My fully upgraded VoC can

I have a fully upgraded VoC, but I prefer the Epilogue for it's void damage (Minotaurs) and speed of emptying a clip.

I can unload a full clip of my Epilogue much faster than I can unload with the VoC. VoC's full auto mode also has a glitch where the gun will stop firing. In the heat of the moment, I don't want any gun I can't rely on.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's a POS gun, I dismantled it for energy and just use the Corrective Measure for Oracles.

No, it's not.

If void burn is on it's actually amazing. Worht keeping for that alone.

It's also great in HM raid. I used it during my last run (fully upgraded) and did just fine. Took down trsh fast, killed oracles fast, and praetorian shields in a flash (then Ice Breaker to finish).

Niche, but great in that niche.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As far as I'm concerned, Vision of Confluence is the best primary in the game and I'll never feel compelled to swap it out for anything currently in the game. Granted, I'm partial to SRs but elemental damage in a primary, full auto mode with ultimate stability so you can spam crit spots whether it's head or otherwise, bonus oracle damage AND it's Legendary so you can equip an exotic simultaneously.....Awesome.

It really is. I have 3 of them, so I have one on all of my characters and it's the only primary I use, for anything (except PvP).

Made it solo to Phogoth on the Nightfall Strike. Standing in the room behind the shreiker if anyone wants to jump in. I'm just running it again got I got the Invective bounty. PSN is grimlock33

WITHE1982

amen brother. It's hard when you reach your 30s to fit gaming into your life. I'm lucky in the fact that my wife works night shift 3 nights a week so I get a few hours to game then. I've been at work for 9 hours today and would love to get a few hours gaming in. Unfortunately I'm making masks with my daughter then catching up on some TV with the wife.

I hate getting old. I would love to go back to having 24 hour gaming sessions but TBH i'd probably fall asleep after 6 or so.

Korosenai

So yesterday I learned that my girlfriend will turn off my PlayStation while I'm in the middle of a raid if it is nearly midnight. I am sad to have learned that and apologize to everyone in my group. Like wth? Who does that?
My friends girlfriend has grounded him (yes, grounded him) from playing destiny at night, except for on Tuesdays and he can only play til midnight. They also have two xboxes, yet he cant use the one in the living room because she cant sleep without him. Also, if he wakes her up he has to get off, therefore he cant talk.

So yea.... It could be worse.

Namikaze1

I'm back and ready to bring up crazy theories!
Kabr is still alive. The Titan raid helm tells us that. Now where he is in time, we do not know.
The full description states that the Vex didn't killed him but that the vault claimed his life.
Kabr fought the Vex alone. But somehow they didn’t kill him. In the aftermath, he became obsessed with the machines. He consumed their technology like fire. Fashioning armor from their remnants. He was claimed by the Vault. His armor and myth are all that remain.

Hence my theory (one of them anyway) of him being lost in time after going through that portal in the jumping puzzle part.

Homeboyd

So he has 5(?) primary weapons available then. 3 of which gather my interest. Those are decent odds.

6 Primaries
1. Universal Remote (yeah, primary shotgun)
2. The Last Word
3. Suros Regime
4. Red Death
5. MIDA Multi-Tool
6. Hard Light

3 Specials
1. Plan C
2. Patience and Time
3. Ice Breaker

3 Heavies
1. Truth
2. Thunderlord
3. Gjallarhorn

Spoilered just in case ppl don't want to know everything he's selling for some reason.

realcZk

How come the Speaker is the only one who doesn't take his helmet off when in the tower?

"an anonymous high priest with a mysterious and powerful connection to the Traveler and its Ghosts..."

Homeboyd

So do the "Special Weapon" effects like ammo and reload speed apply to the Mythoclast or do i need to get specific "Fusion Rifle" stuff?
What do you mean? Like upgrades on armor that affect weapon traits? If so, I think it applies to whatever slot that gun fills... so in this case, if you can hold more ammo for primaries b/c of your chest upgrade, it would work on a Mytho.

EL CUCO

Praedyth's Revenge (Raid) sniper rifle's low impact makes it a huge turd when compared to The Supremacy (Queen's) sniper rifle.

I kinda regret wasting Ass on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom