• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

What do you mean? Like upgrades on armor that affect weapon traits? If so, I think it applies to whatever slot that gun fills... so in this case, if you can hold more ammo for primaries b/c of your chest upgrade, it would work on a Mytho.

Is there one that gives a blank "Primary Weapons" reload speed?

The raid gloves for Hunter give reload speed for all Special Weapons, but i'm not sure if that is for the ones in the slot or does it apply to the Mythoclast too.

Homeboyd

The raid gloves for Hunter give reload speed for all Special Weapons, but i'm not sure if that is for the ones in the slot or does it apply to the Mythoclast too.
Not sure to your question, but Mythoclast isn't a special weapon, so it wouldn't apply here.

Zakalwe

Banned

Mythoclast is a primary.
Only primary bonuses affect it.

Not a seen a blanket bonus for primary weapons yet.

MADGAME

I have a fully upgraded VoC, but I prefer the Epilogue for it's void damage (Minotaurs) and speed of emptying a clip.

I can unload a full clip of my Epilogue much faster than I can unload with the VoC. VoC's full auto mode also has a glitch where the gun will stop firing. In the heat of the moment, I don't want any gun I can't rely on.

That's cool, I was just answering your question to which primaries can kill an oracle in less than a clip. I believe there are several, as others mentioned.

The VoC, in my opinion, is fantastic. Anyone who uses the full-auto mode with any Scout is probably choosing the wrong option most of time. Pulling the trigger semi-auto (manually) is way more accurate and the VoC is a deadeye when doing so. To each their own, but after sampling almost all of the "best" weapons in the game, the VoC can certainly be relied on in almost any situation. EDIT: in PVE, at least.

NeOak

Not sure to your question, but Mythoclast isn't a special weapon, so it wouldn't apply here.

Exactly, so I think i would need armor perks that apply to either primaries or to fusion rifle so they work with the mythoclast.

Which pretty much makes the raid gear useless for it really.

breakfuss

Hahaha @ these wife/S.O./kid stories. The worst thing about trying to "sneak" in gaming time is that obnoxious beep sound Playstations make upon startup. I wonder what's it like for female gamers with a partner who doesn't game.

Atkison04

amen brother. It's hard when you reach your 30s to fit gaming into your life. I'm lucky in the fact that my wife works night shift 3 nights a week so I get a few hours to game then. I've been at work for 9 hours today and would love to get a few hours gaming in. Unfortunately I'm making masks with my daughter then catching up on some TV with the wife.

I hate getting old. I would love to go back to having 24 hour gaming sessions but TBH i'd probably fall asleep after 6 or so.

I'm with you man. I've been at work since 5:30 am EST and want nothing more than to give the wife and kids a mooch, get my workout in,spend time with the family and then relax and get some game time in. The one thing I can say about reaching 30 is that 90% of my time is spent doing what I don't want to do. Work is work, it gives us a home, food, clothes and some luxury. Working out is hard, but I enjoy it in a love /hate kind of way. Raising kids is hard right now and my 2 year old is putting me thru the ringer right now with her wig outs. Honestly, zoning out with some destiny is one of the things that I enjoy the most right now. It's fun for me.

Good luck with those masks bro! Sounds fun! Think of me changing a shrieky, twisting 2 year old butt that is trying her best to not let me do it!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Will be able to get back to my normal gaming habits pretty soon. been experiencing some Destiny withdrawals considering how much I'd been playing earlier in the month!

As it stands, I am currently the 25th poster in this thread. Yet miraculously we are still already 64% of the way through it. 128 pages at 100ppp. One prediction had this game dead by November, so I expect a precipitous dropoff in the next 9 days! Make it happen people!

OT9 is mine, so feel free to get all your bad ideas out of the way now and save the good ones for the last 10 pages.

Hawkmoon is a fucking monster and I don't even have the second bonus damage thing unlocked
Once you do, it takes on this sort of "occasionally OP" feel which is pretty tough to beat. I knew I'd obviously be using it whenever I managed to acquire it, but even tossing out the name and design it's legitimately one of my all-time favorite weapons in an FPS.
MIDA seems even more disappointing than I thought of it now. I usually wait until I have both perks before throwing an exotic into the vault.

Monte Carlo and Bad Juju are collecting dust. Hard Light might join them.
All four of those are on my list of Exotics needing buffs, at least.
Some people have been saying there was a table of possible items that Xur chooses from, and that TLW wasn't on this list.

Is there any truth to this? Where did this list come from, was it data mined somehow?
The list hasn't been contradicted so far, but it does have TLW on it. No Ahamkara's Spine gauntlets for me though :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's cool, I was just answering your question to which primaries can kill an oracle in less than a clip. I believe there are several, as others mentioned.

The VoC, in my opinion, is fantastic. Anyone who uses the full-auto mode with any Scout is probably choosing the wrong option most of time. Pulling the trigger semi-auto (manually) is way more accurate and the VoC is a deadeye when doing so. To each their own, but after sampling almost all of the "best" weapons in the game, the VoC can certainly be relied on in almost any situation. EDIT: in PVE, at least.

Use the stability perks and in full auto mode, your shots will barely move (depending on how far you are from target). I think 19 shots in a clip is more than enough and rarely used all 27 when using the extended clip.

I'm with you man. I've been at work since 5:30 am EST and want nothing more than to give the wife and kids a mooch, get my workout in,spend time with the family and then relax and get some game time in. The one thing I can say about reaching 30 is that 90% of my time is spent doing what I don't want to do. Work is work, it gives us a home, food, clothes and some luxury. Working out is hard, but I enjoy it in a love /hate kind of way. Raising kids is hard right now and my 2 year old is putting me thru the ringer right now with her wig outs. Honestly, zoning out with some destiny is one of the things that I enjoy the most right now. It's fun for me.

Good luck with those masks bro! Sounds fun! Think of me changing a shrieky, twisting 2 year old butt that is trying her best to not let me do it!

We need to form a support group for destiny players with families. Lol, I can imagine the stories that will fill the thread. My girlfriend's daughter would fill 10 pages alone.

Will be able to get back to my normal gaming habits pretty soon. been experiencing some Destiny withdrawals considering how much I'd been playing earlier in the month!

As it stands, I am currently the 25th poster in this thread. Yet miraculously we are still already 64% of the way through it. 128 pages at 100ppp. One prediction had this game dead by November, so I expect a precipitous dropoff in the next 9 days! Make it happen people!

OT9 is mine, so feel free to get all your bad ideas out of the way now and save the good ones for the last 10 pages.

Once you do, it takes on this sort of "occasionally OP" feel which is pretty tough to beat. I knew I'd obviously be using it whenever I managed to acquire it, but even tossing out the name and design it's legitimately one of my all-time favorite weapons in an FPS.

The list hasn't been contradicted so far, but it does have TLW on it. No Ahamkara's Spine gauntlets for me though :(

What...After countless Beta's and OT's is Dax throwing in the towel?

Edit: Are there any Hunter Gauntlets on the list? I really don't want to 100% rely on Raid RNG to get to 30. I can get there if Xur sells Hunter gloves.

How come the Speaker is the only one who doesn't take his helmet off when in the tower?

"an anonymous high priest with a mysterious and powerful connection to the Traveler and its Ghosts..."

a7eb19ae524e1d066fae16e5e7c0438c86fa321468cd3e3d0764731cf86f869c.jpg

zewone

I have to say that the VoC is probably the best PVE primary for sure.

I mainly wanted to defend the Epilogue from everyone saying it wasn't worth using. It could turn off a lot of people, when it is in fact totally viable and a top choice for some of the hardest content in the game.

NeOak

What do you mean? Like upgrades on armor that affect weapon traits? If so, I think it applies to whatever slot that gun fills... so in this case, if you can hold more ammo for primaries b/c of your chest upgrade, it would work on a Mytho.

Seems the Mythoclast is classified as a Special Weapon in the database anyway.

Someone on GameFAQs claimed it reloaded faster with gloves with special weapon reload speed.

NastyBook

It's a POS gun, I dismantled it for energy and just use the Corrective Measure for Oracles.
Whaaaaaat? It's a good gun in general for VoG. I was raiding last night with Doctor Nope and doing dick all for damage. We wiped, I dipped out and put my AE in storage for my alt, came back and wrecked Praetorians like it was nothing. I also like it for clearing mobs during Patrols. And then there's the buff it gets on Void burn Weeklies/Nightfalls. It's pretty ass in PvP, though. While it did its part in helping me get the Thorn, I probably won't be using it again in the Crucible.

Destiny has been nice to me today so far.

- Public event gave me 1 ass 1 energy
- Daily 2 ass
- Nightfall.. wait for it.. 12 ass shards!!!

I love!!

Deku Tree

6 Primaries
1. Universal Remote (yeah, primary shotgun)
2. The Last Word
3. Suros Regime
4. Red Death
5. MIDA Multi-Tool
6. Hard Light

3 Specials
1. Plan C
2. Patience and Time
3. Ice Breaker

3 Heavies
1. Truth
2. Thunderlord
3. Gjallarhorn

Spoilered just in case ppl don't want to know everything he's selling for some reason.

Wait... People are 100% sure that is all the weapons xur will sell? How? What about armor?

MADGAME

Use the stability perks and in full auto mode, your shots will barely move (depending on how far you are from target). I think 19 shots in a clip is more than enough and rarely used all 27 when using the extended clip.
I believe I tinkered with the stability setting when I first received it and decided on the manual/extra clip combo. It's been several weeks though, I'll test that option out.

I have to say that the VoC is probably the best PVE primary for sure.

I mainly wanted to defend the Epilogue from everyone saying it wasn't worth using. It could turn off a lot of people, when it is in fact totally viable and atop choice for some of the hardest content in the game.
I can't weigh in on the Epilogue since I haven't maxed mine out yet yet due to other weapon priorities, but someone in my regular Normal Raid group uses one and does well with it, from respectable distances too. It seems to be one of the weapons with the most polar opinions; I hear it sucks and I hear it's great.

In the last 5 minutes I've been kicked from destiny twice.
Error codes elk and baboon, which both come up as tethering through a mobile/cell phone.

I'm connected through Ethernet and home broadband, wtf bungie?!

ocean

Banned

Nice you'll get the OT. If the cheese patch arrives, there can only be one title: |OT10| Lactose Intolerance Expansion

Zephyl

6 Primaries
1. Universal Remote (yeah, primary shotgun)
2. The Last Word
3. Suros Regime
4. Red Death
5. MIDA Multi-Tool
6. Hard Light

3 Specials
1. Plan C
2. Patience and Time
3. Ice Breaker

3 Heavies
1. Truth
2. Thunderlord
3. Gjallarhorn

Spoilered just in case ppl don't want to know everything he's selling for some reason.

I see 4 weapons I want from that list haha. The Last Word, Patience and Time, Gjallahorn and Plan C.

Atkison04

We need to form a support group for destiny players with families. Lol, I can imagine the stories that will fill the thread. My girlfriend's daughter would fill 10 pages alone.

Dad only raid? Lol I'm jealous of everyone in this thread that has done the raid so much that it's not even a challenge. Meanwhile I'm just trying to fit in a 3 hour chunk of time to do my first one and even then nervous that I'm gonna end up with teammates that view me as dead weight because I haven't done it before. Would love to find some raid virgins that just want to try it and have fun. I really don't want someone barking orders at me and being a dick.

NeOak

If reddit is to be believed the Speaker and the Traveler aren't purely good as they are implied in the game.

Sadly, it was WE'VE AWOKEN THE HIVE and no time to explain.
That plot twist seems to have been killed in favor of standard "Traveler is good".

Seems the whole "Traveler is bad and Speaker is a backstabbing ass" was way too cliché for the people that tested the game and so it got expunged.

So here I am

farming spinmetal on earth

waiting for an event for my bounty

and I'm thinking

'What the hell am I do'. BUNGIE FUCKING SELL MATERIALS FOR LOVES SAKE, THIS IS NEITHER FUN, INTUITIVE, NOR DOES IT INCREASE ANY SORT OF 'SOCIAL LINKS' YOU MAY THINK IT INCREASES.

Daemul

That plot twist seems to have been killed in favor of standard "Traveler is good".

Seems the whole "Traveler is bad and Speaker is a backstabbing ass" was way too cliché for the people that tested the game and so it got expunged.

How is "The Traveler is good" not even more cliched? Them testers be crazy

So I don't know how viable it would be, but is there a way cheese your way through the last big task of the Thorn exotic weapon bounty? I'm lvl 25 and I need to get to the last boss of Summoning Pits on heroic 26 mode to kill a special mob called Xyor the Unwed... Is it possible to solo this or do I need start begging for a group again? (On the 360, so grouping hasn't gone so well in the past for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom