• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Splinter

In all my hours of doing the raid, with many folks that 'sucked' (really, they just didn't listen to directions, it's never about actual play skill), I haven't heard anyone get shit on by other people. The only exception is the one hard mode raid where the guy was using Bad Juju and the raid leader freaked out and kicked him.

That said, this is on PS4. My experiences in the past with the Xbox crowd wasn't always so positive.
When I feel myself getting frustrated with someone I just stop talking. It's only a game after all and really unfair/unnecessary to give someone else a hard time just because they haven't played as much as you. (Plus it's unusual for it to truly be one persons fault that a team fails, so more likely general frustration that has been unfairly focused at them).

I might avoid raiding with them in future, at least until they've levelled... 6 hour fail raids are honestly hard work :p

I've also come across... "less positive" players. These I avoid like the plague, skill level be damned :p

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah I tend to try and avoid scout/scan missions. Takes too long if you're in a hurry to get that sweet, sweep rep.

Always grab one if you're moving to a new area and you have one near you just incase the marker is close to the new area you're moving to.

Can always abandon if not.

I'm down. I'll hit you up once I get to that part. Might be tonight but for sure by tomorrow. I might be underestimating the PvP part though:)

Also, as a PSA:

7LWxscF.png

After playing this game for about 1000 hours, I NEVER KNEW THIS. This is a game changer haha.
They don't tell you in the game what these mean...so dumb.

I'm down. I'll hit you up once I get to that part. Might be tonight but for sure by tomorrow. I might be underestimating the PvP part though:)

Also, as a PSA:

7LWxscF.png

After playing this game for about 1000 hours, I NEVER KNEW THIS. This is a game changer haha.
Is that a compass or a clock for the scout missions? 'cuz that shit takes forever.

*Splinter

Oh I thought you were dead cause we never wiped after you joined. Thanks, we had a spare spot since math had to leave. You would have received shards in any case... :/
I'll get a raid sometime this week, find it more fun to get all the loot in one run through than odd bits and pieces over the week

Atkison04

^What's ya'lls ps id's? Friend me and maybe we can try to get something going. I already plan on aiming for 7am EST this upcoming Friday for a raid with my buddy. I know that time is odd but my buddy and myself are off and we are trying to take advantage of the situation. I'm "the7thAssassin" on PS4. My buddy is "Jdirty24".

Tawpgun

They need to give some kind of rewards for beating the raid multiple time. I think it should work like the weekly strike. If you beat it once you get the coins. If you beat it again you don't but you still get a chance at engrams/some kind of gear.

Beating the raid once should award you normal raid loot. Beating it any time after it should treat each loot award as if it was a Tiger Strike award. So that same level of loot. This means you can help friends with the raid without feeling like you're just doing charity work.

Zakalwe

Banned
I was thinking to myself that this game has one of the most positive communities I've ever experienced.

Then I remembered that the majority of players I have on my FL are gaffers, and Gaf has a pretty low arsehole tolerance in comparison to other areas of the net.

And I remembered pvp is entirely muted.

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to any kind of chat in pvp.

So I kinda need five people to help @ Hard Raid for just the Gatekeeper section.

I have a checkpoint at Hard Gatekeepers and I'm looking to do it quick for the loot ( I already did Atheon ). I dropped out during a Hard run yesterday due to being tired.

So, 5 people, experienced with the Hard Raid and specifically the Gatekeeper part. Need to be lv. 29 at the least, preferably some 30's. I myself don't have much experience with going into the portals, so experience there would be appreciated. Mic is required. If you don't have a mic / aren't lv.29 / don't have Hard Raid experience, you will be booted. 'Reward' for helping me is the Hard Atheon checkpoint ( I will drop out when we get to Atheon as I've already done Atheon. ) and any loot you might get from the Gatekeeper section.

PSN: TiemenMeijer

On PS4, I'll be waiting right now, I'll start once we have a full party.

Sent FR.

When I feel myself getting frustrated with someone I just stop talking. It's only a game after all and really unfair/unnecessary to give someone else a hard time just because they haven't played as much as you. (Plus it's unusual for it to truly be one persons fault that a team fails, so more likely general frustration that has been unfairly focused at them).

I might avoid raiding with them in future, at least until they've levelled... 6 hour fail raids are honestly hard work :p

I've also come across... "less positive" players. These I avoid like the plague, skill level be damned :p

I hate players who keep on swearing and cursing, especially at other players if someone makes a mistake. It's a game ffs.

I know a few players who get angry at back_speed cause he doesn't listen :p

We should all use bad juju on our no death raid run. MLG Hardcore mode

For reals tho, let me know when you get a group together to try for that trophy if you don't already have 6 lined up. I hit 30 and think I found a way last night that should consistently allow me to do the jump part on the first try every time. So Gorgons will be the only threat.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
^What's ya'lls ps id's? Friend me and maybe we can try to get something going. I already plan on aiming for 7am EST this upcoming Friday for a raid with my buddy. I know that time is odd but my buddy and myself are off and we are trying to take advantage of the situation. I'm "the7thAssassin" on PS4. My buddy is "Jdirty24".

Tigerheli, I'll add you.

But just know that if you wanted to do a raid full of first timers, I am not your person. I think I am up to 17 or 18 clears :p Happy to join otherwise, though 7 am is tough because of work.

Zakalwe

Banned
Wow good job. This just makes me sad that the Titan grenades suck. At least the striker ones do.

Striker's lightening grenade is amazing with extended pulse. Can lock down areas in pvp.

Defender's magnetic grenade is pretty much a free kill whenever it's ready.

Also, as a PSA:

7LWxscF.png

Yeah I figured it out over time trying them out, noticing the symbols were different. I only do the kills, drops, and assassinations if I can help it when doing the bounty for 6 beacons.
Which weapon is better? Athens Epilogue or Vision of Confluence?

Confluence hands down but Epilogue is still real nice in Raid and Void burner situations.

So here I am farming Helium Filaments. Or whatever the hell the Moon crack is.

And I get the blueprint for 'Laughing Behind your Back.'

Is that it, Bungie? Are you mocking me? Are you mocking me for playing your damn game trying to enjoy it? Laugh all you want Bungie. I'LL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH AS I THROW YOU DOWN TO THE GROUND.

Seriously fuck this game. I'll keep playing it but fuck this game.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Agree 100%

You've got to concentrate , but there's no need to be overly serious.

Communication and be friendly, people! I get freaked out when everyone is too silent. I wonder if everything is just a figment of my imagination.

Angry Guy

I've come to the conclusion that trying to solo the weekly when you're one level under is kind of bullshit. Dem wizards.

So, on that note, who wants to buddy up and knock it out? I still gotta do it with my 'lock.

PS4, PaperDude42.

say you have a 5% chance to get boots from a drop in the raid. there are 4 drops and 2 chests that could give you boots. you would have like a 26% chance of getting boots from a raid, eventually you could run a raid so many times that the odds of not getting boots is lower than getting boots.

I think you're confusing single-event probability to cumulative probability. The boots from a drop/chest is a single-event probability. There are people who have been at 29 for the longest and still haven't got the necessary drop to reach 30.

So I know why Hawkian is busy but does anyone know what happened to Dax? It feels weird not having those two post frequently in this thread.

Some people could solo ME3 MP platinum difficulty.

Some people are capable of crazy feats.

Never played ME3 so I don't know the context here but I'm assuming it's something very difficult and impressive. But did any of those people who beat it on solo honestly say it was easy to do?

That's all I'm arguing here, not that it wasn't done on solo but that it was easy. The Xyor mission is one of the toughest in the game regardless of level.

Atkison04

Tigerheli, I'll add you.

But just know that if you wanted to do a raid full of first timers, I am not your person. I think I am up to 17 or 18 clears :p Happy to join otherwise, though 7 am is tough because of work.

Thanks commish. I'm aware of your vigorous raiding ways and I enjoy your posts in here. I wouldn't discriminate on anyone that had experience. I just don't want those with experience getting annoyed at those of us that don't :) We gotta start somewhere!

I think you're confusing single-event probability to cumulative probability. The boots from a drop/chest is a single-event probability. There are people who have been at 29 for the longest and still haven't got the necessary drop to reach 30.

Yep. The Gambler's Fallacy. The game doesn't care what happened when you opened that last chest or killed that last boss. Every single drop instance has the same probability, it doesn't increase the more you try.

Obviously the more chances you give yourself the more likely it is to happen, but not because the actual probability is increasing.

Marvel

could never
Yep, back to back 2 shotguns. I can't even remember how many I had sharded earlier, at least 3 more.

I also had 5 The Comedian shotguns from vanguard levels and cryptretard :(

;_;

Yet to get a gun from the raid myself but I did get an extra Ice Breaker from Nightfall earlier. I was most upset.

Zakalwe

Banned
Never played ME3 so I don't know the context here but I'm assuming it's something very difficult and impressive. But did any of those people who beat it on solo honestly say it was easy to do?

That's all I'm arguing here, not that it wasn't done on solo but that it was easy. The Xyor mission is one of the toughest in the game regardless of level.

Most players couldn't beat platinum with a group of four.

One man's easy is another's nopethefuckout.

But yeh, I think Xyor would be tough to solo regardless.

LiK

Have to admit I cannot play with Raid newbies anymore either. Newbies should just look up video strategies if they wanna be carried by veterans cuz hearing the same explanations repeated gets old. I can understand if a group is going in blind but if you wanna be carried by vets, do some homework.

Also, listen to everything they say instead of arguing or whining. When I played Hard Raid for the first time, I listened to everything my crew said and did as they wished. Carrying requires patience and effort and you want to help vets out by doing what you're told.

That's two weekly 28's solo'd. Ice Breaker is the true protagonist of this game, as Rahool is his counterpart.

Have to admit I cannot play with Raid newbies anymore either. Newbies should just look up video strategies if they wanna be carried by veterans cuz hearing the same explanations repeated gets old. I can understand if a group is going in blind but if you wanna be carried by vets, do some homework.

Also, listen to everything they say instead of arguing or whining. When I played Hard Raid for the first time, I listened to everything my crew said and did as they wished. Carrying requires patience and effort and you want to help vets out by doing what you're told.

I was doing the Daily Story on Venus when I came across a group of 4 27's and a 29 trying to open the Gate. They were dying so much. :lol I helped them out and got them in, but from there on out, their fate is theirs to make and theirs alone.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks commish. I'm aware of your vigorous raiding ways and I enjoy your posts in here. I wouldn't discriminate on anyone that had experience. I just don't want those with experience getting annoyed at those of us that don't :) We gotta start somewhere!

Sounds good. My vigorous raiding ways are coming to an end though - I can't stay up until 3 am so often! Makes me a zombie at work after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom