• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

Dad only raid? Lol I'm jealous of everyone in this thread that has done the raid so much that it's not even a challenge. Meanwhile I'm just trying to fit in a 3 hour chunk of time to do my first one and even then nervous that I'm gonna end up with teammates that view me as dead weight because I haven't done it before. Would love to find some raid virgins that just want to try it and have fun. I really don't want someone barking orders at me and being a dick.

raid virgin here. level 29 warlock but never had the time to fit in a full raid.

Dad only raid? Lol I'm jealous of everyone in this thread that has done the raid so much that it's not even a challenge. Meanwhile I'm just trying to fit in a 3 hour chunk of time to do my first one and even then nervous that I'm gonna end up with teammates that view me as dead weight because I haven't done it before. Would love to find some raid virgins that just want to try it and have fun. I really don't want someone barking orders at me and being a dick.

I'm down for this. I still haven't ran a raid and have zero chance of ever getting the 4 friends of mine who play Destiny, all high enough geared and organized to raid at the same time. I'm not a dad but I am a married home owner who has three maple trees in his yard that seem to all contain 1 billion pounds of leaves, so my weekends are going to have a lot less game time available probably up until the holidays. Typically it is slices of the evening when my wife has work to do or she turns in early. I am worried of getting in a LFG type raid party and just being shit on by people. I am not some leet player but I can carry myself.

So I don't know how viable it would be, but is there a way cheese your way through the last big task of the Thorn exotic weapon bounty? I'm lvl 25 and I need to get to the last boss of Summoning Pits on heroic 26 mode to kill a special mob called Xyor the Unwed... Is it possible to solo this or do I need start begging for a group again? (On the 360, so grouping hasn't gone so well in the past for me)

I can't think of any way that it would be possible to solo.

If you can find one other person they can sit back and hide in a corner while you just throw yourself at enemies over and over until Xyor spawns.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Do it with some gaffers (if you are on PS4, I'll go with you). If you go with all raid virgins, you'll probably need more than 3 hours, but if you go with some experienced people, it can be done in 60 to 90 minutes usually.

Greenymac

I still don't get how you know what hes gonna sell before he sells it...I sure hope youre right about that Last Word...need it in my life.

commish

So here I am

farming spinmetal on earth

waiting for an event for my bounty

and I'm thinking

'What the hell am I do'. BUNGIE FUCKING SELL MATERIALS FOR LOVES SAKE, THIS IS NEITHER FUN, INTUITIVE, NOR DOES IT INCREASE ANY SORT OF 'SOCIAL LINKS' YOU MAY THINK IT INCREASES.

As someone who needs a few hundred spirit bloom, I agree with this.

Another raid down, still no boots. Even my alt can't get boots. Discarded my 10th chatterwhite :(

Fuck this game, seriously.

Why do you keep on raiding knowing it's 100% RNG? Like I told you before, you can raid 100x and fall short everytime.

There is no code in the game that says "Ok, DeathJr. has done his 11th raid, it's time to reward him some boots for his character."

The RNG loot system is terrible and should be replaced with a token system like WoW.

monte carlo looks so good

too bad it sucks so much

I got one and really can't see how Bungie managed to botch what could have been such a great gun. Low impact with a small clip and perks that don't really amount to much of anything. Yea...no thanks.

It is at the bottom of my exotic leveling priority list. Currently working on the thunderlord.

EL CUCO

Now I'm not sure we are talking about same raid sniper rifle @ 300 damage o_O

Mine is currently at 288.
nVQO8hX.jpg
Maybe yours has different stats? Idk...but my Queen's sniper is way more effective at a lower attack. Obviously impact has a big role in that. It mops up void shields in 2 shots, as it is. Compromising some stability for efficiency is one I am willing to make.
Long live the Queen!

Zakalwe

Banned
Actually, it's not. We were all expecting to be deceived or backstabbed by them. Them being mostly good but not perfect is more surprising. Not much, but it is.

Eh, I don't really care if it's predictable as long as it's well done and interesting.

The traveler being evil is definitely more interesting than what we have now.

commish

I'm down for this. I still haven't ran a raid and have zero chance of ever getting the 4 friends of mine who play Destiny, all high enough geared and organized to raid at the same time. I'm not a dad but I am a married home owner who has three maple trees in his yard that seem to all contain 1 billion pounds of leaves, so my weekends are going to have a lot less game time available probably up until the holidays. Typically it is slices of the evening when my wife has work to do or she turns in early. I am worried of getting in a LFG type raid party and just being shit on by people. I am not some leet player but I can carry myself.

In all my hours of doing the raid, with many folks that 'sucked' (really, they just didn't listen to directions, it's never about actual play skill), I haven't heard anyone get shit on by other people. The only exception is the one hard mode raid where the guy was using Bad Juju and the raid leader freaked out and kicked him.

That said, this is on PS4. My experiences in the past with the Xbox crowd wasn't always so positive.

Daemul

So I don't know how viable it would be, but is there a way cheese your way through the last big task of the Thorn exotic weapon bounty? I'm lvl 25 and I need to get to the last boss of Summoning Pits on heroic 26 mode to kill a special mob called Xyor the Unwed... Is it possible to solo this or do I need start begging for a group again? (On the 360, so grouping hasn't gone so well in the past for me)

You need to kill of the adds in the room to get the ship to spawn, so you can't cheese it.

NeOak

Eh, I don't really care if it's predictable as long as it's well done and interesting.

The traveler being evil is definitely more interesting than what we have now.
Nah, the back-story that is missing is more interesting like that.

What happened? What did the Traveler had to do to save us? How did the colonies work?

Traveler being evil is just... meh.

In all my hours of doing the raid, with many folks that 'sucked' (really, they just didn't listen to directions, it's never about actual play skill), I haven't heard anyone get shit on by other people. The only exception is the one hard mode raid where the guy was using Bad Juju and the raid leader freaked out and kicked him.

That said, this is on PS4. My experiences in the past with the Xbox crowd wasn't always so positive.
Oh god bad juju...why

I get frustrated when people die a lot. But then I remember I die sometimes too. Deep breaths. It's just a game in the end.

I can't think of any way that it would be possible to solo.

If you can find one other person they can sit back and hide in a corner while you just throw yourself at enemies over and over until Xyor spawns.

People in this very thread have claimed to have solo'd it and some even said it wasn't as hard as they though it'd be.

I'm not sure how much I believe it though considering we tried it with two lvl 28s and a 27 and still had a crapload of trouble beating him. It's literally to the point where you just have arc cannons and wizard projectiles raining shit on you at once regardless of where you run/hide, plus Phoggoth shooting at you too which is pretty much instant death if you're hit. I can't imagine even a level 30 with maxed weapons getting through that easily on solo. It's a bitch.

Zakalwe

Banned
Nah, the back-story that is missing is more interesting like that.

What happened? What did the Traveler had to do to save us? How did the colonies work?

Traveler being evil is just... meh.

Either way could be interesting if written well.

The main problem is Deatiny isn't written well.

Why do you keep on raiding knowing it's 100% RNG? Like I told you before, you can raid 100x and fall short everytime.

There is no code in the game that says "Ok, DeathJr. has done his 11th raid, it's time to reward him some boots for his character."

The RNG loot system is terrible and should be replaced with a token system like WoW.

Cause I want them boots :/

lol nice. Sorry I had to leave. Work yah know. v_v

No worries, it was pretty fun.

I get frustrated when people die a lot. But then I remember I die sometimes too. Deep breaths. It's just a game in the end.

Normal raid.
Math the only lvl 30.
Guess who was the first one to die :p

Zakalwe

Banned
People in this very thread have claimed to have solo'd it and some even said it wasn't as hard as they though it'd be.

I'm not sure how much I believe it though considering we tried it with two lvl 28s and a 27 and still had a crapload of trouble beating him. It's literally to the point where you just have arc cannons and wizard projectiles raining shit on you at once regardless of where you run/hide, plus Phoggoth shooting at you too which is pretty much instant death if you're hit. I can't imagine even a level 30 with maxed weapons getting through that easily on solo. It's a bitch.

Some people could solo ME3 MP platinum difficulty.

Some people are capable of crazy feats.

commish

I'm not sure how much I believe it though considering we tried it with two lvl 28s and a 27 and still had a crapload of trouble beating him. It's literally to the point where you just have arc cannons and wizard projectiles raining shit on you at once regardless of where you run/hide, plus Phoggoth shooting at you too which is pretty much instant death if you're hit. I can't imagine even a level 30 with maxed weapons get through that easily on solo. It's a bitch.

A gaffer pulled me in on this quest to help him and a friend out. I had no idea what I was in for. Good lord, it was the hardest thing I've done in Destiny. We didn't hide or cheese, and paid the price. In the end we were victorious, and though I wasn't doing the quest, it was one of my most satisfactory wins yet.

NastyBook

No bro, I meant wife. I don't ask because she demands it, I just ask as a courtesy. When you have a wife and kids, it's not always cool to just plop down and game for 2 hours straight. That's got to get in when it fits in. Kids/wife/home all come in > then Destiny time, as much as I love it (you're talking to a dude that has a Destiny excel spreadsheet on my flash drive that I use to keep up with materials/upgrades/weapons along with other things) I'm also 32 and not 18 anymore, although I do still rock a hat to the back and wearing a coors light shirt to work today.
Without the kids, this is a lot easier to work with for me. When we aren't doing anything together, she's cool with me playing to my heart's content. But tonight, for instance, we're watching Arrow and Flash, then probably chilling a while after. Then she'll hop up and go read, while I get ready to raid on my main. I don't even want to think about what kids are gonna do to my gaming time...

I just started the Thorn series of quests. I'm in for a world of pain, aren't I?

What's your void situation like? I only had a void sniper rifle so my PvP leg of it was very challenging but also really rewarding at the end. I had to use a lot of strategy to make it work, and I tracked all of my + and - points match to match to figure out which maps were averaged low or negative points so I would just skip them when they came up on rotation. All in all it made me a better PvP sniper. As for the Xygor or whatever his name is part. Do it with one other person. That strike seems to be easier with 2 people over 3. The adds that you have to wait out at Phogoth are manageable without using any of the cheese spots. We just hung back in the one corner with a little boulder and worked together.

Thorn bounty is definitely the best one in the game. I kind of which it gave you The Last Word instead of Thorn though :(

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So I kinda need five people to help @ Hard Raid for just the Gatekeeper section.

I have a checkpoint at Hard Gatekeepers and I'm looking to do it quick for the loot ( I already did Atheon ). I dropped out during a Hard run yesterday due to being tired.

So, 5 people, experienced with the Hard Raid and specifically the Gatekeeper part. Need to be lv. 29 at the least, preferably some 30's. I myself don't have much experience with going into the portals, so experience there would be appreciated. Mic is required. If you don't have a mic / aren't lv.29 / don't have Hard Raid experience, you will be booted. 'Reward' for helping me is the Hard Atheon checkpoint ( I will drop out when we get to Atheon as I've already done Atheon. ) and any loot you might get from the Gatekeeper section.

PSN: TiemenMeijer

On PS4, I'll be waiting right now, I'll start once we have a full party.

milkham

you dont have to do it all in one sitting, there are checkpoints that you can return to throughout the week (tuesday to tuesday)

NeOak

Either way could be interesting if written well.

The main problem is Deatiny isn't written well.
If you use a chainsaw to cut stuff out of anything just before showing it off, it's going to end up like Destiny's story.

Lets see. I actually liked the Forerunners more when they were mysterious than the SOBs we got after the books. Same with the Protheans in ME.

LordofPwn

say you have a 5% chance to get boots from a drop in the raid. there are 4 drops and 2 chests that could give you boots. you would have like a 26% chance of getting boots from a raid, eventually you could run a raid so many times that the odds of not getting boots is lower than getting boots.

commish

I need help with the final mission when you get there so happy to team up with you if you want.

I'm down. I'll hit you up once I get to that part. Might be tonight but for sure by tomorrow. I might be underestimating the PvP part though:)

Also, as a PSA:

7LWxscF.png

After playing this game for about 1000 hours, I NEVER KNEW THIS. This is a game changer haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom