• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Where's my Destiny related tag?
iClpkYkfM7lpd.gif

Kalamari

If anything I'm guessing that the backlash on the internet may have caught them off guard. Did you read Deej's post on the Bungie forums from earlier? It made it sound like they were listening to feedback to some extent. The patch is probably coming when it is ready.

i got a feeling they have a bunch of yes men for testers

I have a ton of respect for Bungie employees/contractors, their jobs are not easy. I think most people fail to understand that they have a finite amount of resources to devote to updates and such, and can't simply fix everything at once. It's a juggling act.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's easier to kneejerk nerf sledgehammer weapon [class] stats to the ground than alter map design or map spawns. Vex Mythoclast is showcase of this, it was OP as shit and Bungie over nerfed it in panic mode.

That said Thunderlord seems to be very close to Iron Banner LMG, Jolder's Hammer, when it comes to performance in Crucible. Very similar fire rate, recoil pattern, damage / bullet etc.

Also no weapon or weapon class should be nerfed because PvP. PvP and PvE balance stats should be separate!
Well, they wouldn't have to do anything with the map designs, which I know Zoba wants, and would be more work. I'm talking about increasing the timer on the ammo spawns, and/or reducing the amount of ammo each one gives you.

the mythoclast is an exotic primary, and a primary fusion rifle at that. for pvp purposes, I'm not actually yet convinced that it was overnerfed. I bet some incredibly powerful builds can still be centered around it. its use in PvE was unfairly affected in the result and they've acknowledged they're fixing that.
Congrats! Well deserved! Fantastic tag.
thank you :D

seriously fuck that guy.

It's easier to kneejerk nerf sledgehammer weapon [class] stats to the ground than alter map design or map spawns. Vex Mythoclast is showcase of this, it was OP as shit and Bungie over nerfed it in panic mode.

That said Thunderlord seems to be very close to Iron Banner LMG, Jolder's Hammer, when it comes to performance in Crucible. Very similar fire rate, recoil pattern, damage / bullet etc.

Also no weapon or weapon class should be nerfed because PvP. PvP and PvE balance stats should be separate!

Yeah. When 5th chest was discovered we did raid soon after. During Templar encounter boss did teleport, but we checked 5th chest spot anyways. All of us.

Chest wasn't there.

On this reset we cheesed Templar to see if chest would be there because, of the cheese, boss didn't teleport once. 5th chest was there and gave us shards / energy.

Okay. Just had to be sure. It's a bit dark and confusing, so I could see someone missing it and hitting the lower elevation before it being found, making it disappear. That kind of sucks since I'm sure they'll fix the cheese and that chest will be real hard to get.

I would be fine with PvE/PvP toggle upgrades. we already have some types of PvE upgrades like "non-guardian kills" and "Oracle Disruptor"

Rtas

how on earth does destiny pvp matchmaking work honestly? How can it think its fair to match a 26 with 2 level 5s against a team of 30s??

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
240 hours of playtime, 10 run throughs of the raid and I finally reach level 30!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eq9JntNN9U&feature=youtu.be

Feel pretty happy right now.
grats!

...man I really don't like the way the hunter raid gauntlets look (I just started wearing them too). Bungie plz give transmutation naoooo
and tags. tags everywhere.

Hawkian that is one of the cooler tags I've seen. congrats!
Thank you. And thanks to whatever benevolent force bestowed it upon me. I vow to never waver in my crusade against his tyranny!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay. Just had to be sure. It's a bit dark and confusing, so I could see someone missing it and hitting the lower elevation before it being found, making it disappear. That kind of sucks since I'm sure they'll fix the cheese and that chest will be real hard to get.

Chest wouldn't disappear in this case. In last night's raid we beat Templar without him teleporting, and I missed the fifth chest and fell to the very bottom (to the point of reaching the other raid chest). The fifth chest was still there.

Steroyd

Viva la alts!

Okay so this weeks Nightfall has been ass to me, got Universal Remote (already have), can't remember what I got the second time with my Hunter but it sucked but my teammate got a Suros Regime, and for my third try I got Inmost Helm for Titan (looks good for a striker, goddamnit!) when my teammate (*cough* KZObseessed *still-not-bitter*) got a Patience and Time Sniper rifle. That one hurt. :(

But I'm swimming in Strange coins, I have 51 atm, and I've still yet to run my Hunter through the weekly. ^_^

Tovarisc

the mythoclast is an exotic primary, and a primary fusion rifle at that. for pvp purposes, I'm not actually yet convinced that it was overnerfed. I bet some incredibly powerful builds can still be centered around it. its use in PvE was unfairly affected in the result and they've acknowledged they're fixing that.

I did todays PvP bounties and used Vex as primary, just to see how it performs. After all there has been complaints about nerf being too hard on it at both sides of fence, PvP and PvE.

It's solid weapon, but is now easily rekt by bullet hose AR's at almost any range. Suros kills solid 2-3 hits faster than Vex does. I remember going against Vex pre-nerf and no way in hell I could take on Vex user 1on1 if I didn't get jump on him.

Assuming Vex user had decent aim for head.

Yes it's exotic, pimped up, fusion rifle that goes into primary slot, but after spending evening in PvP with it I feel it's just tad underperforming now.

Or then AR's need even more tuning so they become even less "Spray 'n Pray 'n Win" hoses.

Edit:

how on earth does destiny pvp matchmaking work honestly? How can it think its fair to match a 26 with 2 level 5s against a team of 30s??

I don't think Destiny has matchmaking. Nothing matters for this game [level, gear, PvP history, region...] and it just slams players together by using RNG.

I know Bungie says game has matchmaking [they have "tweaked" it], but nothing suggest to me that it is there or working.

Chest wouldn't disappear in this case. In last night's raid we beat Templar without him teleporting, and I missed the fifth chest and fell to the very bottom (to the point of reaching the other raid chest). The fifth chest was still there.

Good to know. It must just be something around the big jump that despawns it then. Hell, it may just be on a timer and the guy jumping was a coincidence.

Steroyd

Grimoire score? If their grimoire score is like 10 or 50, then yeah... that does suck for matchmaking, That said I need to pay more attention to it to see how "fair" it really is.

Dante316

Viva la alts!

Okay so this weeks Nightfall has been ass to me, got Universal Remote (already have), can't remember what I got the second time with my Hunter but it sucked but my teammate got a Suros Regime, and for my third try I got Inmost Helm for Titan (looks good for a striker, goddamnit!) when my teammate (*cough* KZObseessed *still-not-bitter*) got a Patience and Time Sniper rifle. That one hurt. :(

But I'm swimming in Strange coins, I have 51 atm, and I've still yet to run my Hunter through the weekly. ^_^

dont feel bad, patience and time sucks. Compared to ice breaker, its basically trash.

Come on Bungie, just throw me a bone. Finished Weekly strike, gave me a blue engram and 6 strange coins. That's disappointing but at least I ranked up my Vanguard. Go to the Postmaster and collect my shit and it's the same freaking scout rifle I already have, The Calling, exact same perks too.

I just want a freaking Auto rifle damn it. All four or so primary legendary weapons I've gotten from Vanguard or Cryptach rank up has been Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons. I don't use hand cannons and Scout rifles are situational weapons to me. This is frustrating and I'm gonna keep playing this game too. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Nameless

Curious. What's everyone's go to load out?

Class: Titan-Defender
Primary: Grim Citizen III
Special: Light/Beware(solar)
Heavy: Gjallarhorn

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My raid group, please contact me asap if any of you can't make it tonight!

Roster is:

1. NarcissisticJay
2. wins1991
3. Palom12
4. Squall ASF
5. Hawkian
6. UnionCarbine

Namikaze1

Warlock: 1 day, 0 hours, 37 minutes, 18 seconds and counting

Main Titan: 6 days, 19 hours, 46 minutes, 19 seconds and counting

Titan Alt: 1 day, 1 hour, 34 minutes, 1 second and counting

Tovarisc

How the fuck do you do this? Beautiful shots.

1. Take advantage on 3rd person cam given by e.g. sitting down or dancing

2. Toggle inventory menu on and off. You will have very small window of time to get screenshot without any HUD elements in it.

I don't have patience for part 2

Destiny really really needs good photomode imo.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I want to break something.

Another hard raid down, energy plus sparrow AGAIN!

THAT'S 3 TIMES IN A ROW!

Yeah, no armor the last 2 times I've run it. Still have another character to run it on this week. Although I did get corrective measure, so I'm happy with that...I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Difficulty?
Normal. I'm personally still pretty intimidated by Hard, lol. I'm definitely going to get into leading newbie groups through the Normal raid (which I'm hoping to be confident enough to start very soon) and of course reach level 29 before hitting up the Hard.

edit: absolutely glorious shots Zoba *__*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom