• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Curious. What's everyone's go to load out?

Class: Titan-Defender
Primary: Grim Citizen III
Special: Light/Beware(solar)
Heavy: Gjallarhorn

Class: Titan-Striker
Primary: My Beloved(Red Death)
Special: 77 Wizard(Void)/Light/Beware(Solar)
Heavy: Hezen Vengeance/Corrective Measure

Class: Hunter-Gunslinger
Primary: Fatebringer (arc) / Suros
Special: Ice Breaker (solar) / Final Boss (solar)
Heavy: Hezen Vengeance (solar)

Yes, I'm in desperate need of Void stuffs.

LiK

Normal. I'm personally still pretty intimidated by Hard, lol. I'm definitely going to get into leading newbie groups through the Normal raid (which I'm hoping to be confident enough to start very soon) and of course reach level 29 before hitting up the Hard.

edit: absolutely glorious shots Zoba *__*

If someone bails during Atheon fight, feel free to invite me.

Flambe

Do the vehicle upgrades from Xur still work (as in speed/durability increasese) on the Timebreaker from VoG? And doesn't mess with the L2/R2 speed boost or anything right?

*Splinter

Splinter also isn't wrong, he's just talking about something completely different. When you flip a coin (or open a chest) your odds are the same every single time
I was reducing the loot drop to [you get what you want] or [you don't get what you want], rather than considering several different types of usable loot. Admittedly I didn't explain that very clearly.

But on topic: Destiny still good. Nightfall just gave me a Doctor Nope which goes to the collection but will never, ever be used :)

Strider

Do the vehicle upgrades from Xur still work (as in speed/durability increasese) on the Timebreaker from VoG? And doesn't mess with the L2/R2 speed boost or anything right?

Those upgrades only apply to rare sparrows. Can't use them on the TimeBreaker.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I shift it around a lot based on the circumstances, and things look very different depending on the burn. but my one-size-fits-all loadout is:

Class-Hunter (frequently swap subclasses, but "main" Bladedancer except in the raid)
Primary: Hawkmoon
Secondary: 77 Wizard (void)
Heavy: The Swarm (arc)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
About that 5th chest. I know the whole "don't let him teleport" thing is all the rage, but has it been confirmed yet? The only reason I ask, is because we saw it disappear the other night before our eyes. Apparently, if one person takes the normal/obvious path, when they jump down the chest goes away. Since the hidden chest path is so choppy, any normal attempt to beat the rest of the team on the alt path would result in the chest not being there since they would jump before you got to the chest. I'm just wondering if anyone has convinced the whole team to try the alt path even if the Templar teleported?
I did it three times yesterday, so it's confirmed unless there's something else that triggers it that we did.

Marvel

could never
I'm mix it up between sunbro and Hunter depending on what is needed from me Raid wise. Lately I play on my alt hunter gunslinger more though, capes and throwing knives are the tits ladies and gents.

PvP and mild PvE, Thorn/Ice Breaker/Ghorn.

For raids I use Suros/Final Boss/Corrective Measure.

Sullichin

dont feel bad, patience and time sucks. Compared to ice breaker, its basically trash.

It's no Ice Breaker, but what is. But P&T is very good in its own right. Very fast firing rate, 6 magazine, and being invisible while aiming was incredibly useful in this week's nightfall (but is totally useless in PVP). However, the faster firing rate and stability makes it a better sniper for PVP than Ice Breaker.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Titan-Defender
Primary-Vision of Confluence/Suros/Vanquisher
Special-Icebreaker
Heavy-Hezen Vengeance/Corrective Measure

For PVP
Suros or Vanquisher
Comedian or Invective
Corrective Measure

Yaari

Can someone give me the Atheon HM save? Spend all day grinding to 27 and really hope I can cheese before they patch it.

Psn Stfndt

Jinjo

Finally! After 213 hours, I reached level 30. :D

Prepare yourself for tons of random friendrequests and invites. Been lv30 for over a week now and people just come up to me to stare when in the tower, send a request and then just stalk me the entire time while I'm there. It's like you're a goddamn destiny celebrity lol.

jay23

Gunslinger

The last word/shadow price
Icebreaker pve/ final boss pvp
Corrective measure

Sunsinger

Vision of confluence
Found verdict
Truth rocket launcher

Tyring to set up a hard raid group tonight around 7 EDT. Please have cleared it (completely not just Atheon cheese) before. PSN is same as gaf.

Zakalwe

Banned

Titan Defender

Pve
Primary: TDYK/VoC/Epilogue
Special: Ice Breaker
Heavy: Hezen Vengeance

Pvp
Primary: The Last Word
Special: The Comedian/The Supremecy
Heavy: Corrective Measure

My raid group, please contact me asap if any of you can't make it tonight!

Roster is:

1. NarcissisticJay
2. wins1991
3. Palom12
4. Squall ASF
5. Hawkian
6. UnionCarbine

What time? My roommate and I are watching the Halloween series through out this week so I have to watch one at 630 PST. I could do the Raid an hour before then or after the movie ends. It should be a quick run at our current levels, equipment, and experience but if you guys can't work around that I understand!

Nightz

So I'm doing the bounty for completing 5 control matches. Played 5 straight matches without leaving...the first four of those were on the same map. -_-

1799937_309781142561979_3106079681565313340_o.jpg

Lolz

Prepare yourself for tons of random friendrequests and invites. Been lv30 for over a week now and people just come up to me to stare when in the tower, send a request and then just stalk me the entire time while I'm there. It's like you're a goddamn destiny celebrity lol.

I already got some friend requests. lol But I don't mind...at least for now.

Jinjo

Titan (level 30):

Depending on class I'll wear helm of inmost light or saint-14. As far as weapons go:

Primary: Suros Regime, but recently that became a Vex Mythoclast
Special: Praedyth's Revenge (best sniper in the game)
Heavy: Corrective Measure

Been switching Gjallorhorn in more lately and then I'll just use Vision of Confluence or my Shadow Price with upgraded mag, can't decide what I like more.

Hunter (level 28)

Gunslinger all the way with that sweet extra golden gun shot.

Primary: New Monarchy or FWC handcannon (last one has extended mag)
Secondary: Icebreaker
Heavy: Hezen's Vengeance

I often switch out Icebreaker for a void Final Boss and then use Hawkmoon as my primary.

Yeah, I'm indecisive as fuck and there are still more guns I need to level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If someone bails during Atheon fight, feel free to invite me.
If someone drops out I'd love to join if Normal :)
Thx, will put you guys down as alts. This is 9:00PM EST

Reallly hope anyone from the group who can't make it will let me know ASAP, I'd like to try and get things rolling pretty quick tonight if possible (I won't be able to stay super late).
WHERE U BEEN
I've had a friend visiting and staying with me for the past 2 weeks, and spent last weekend up in Orlando. my gaming has been quite limited :p tomorrow everything goes back to normal with my free time... there may well be marathons :X
What time? My roommate and I are watching the Halloween series through out this week so I have to watch one at 630 PST. I could do the Raid an hour before then or after the movie ends. It should be a quick run at our current levels, equipment, and experience but if you guys can't work around that I understand!
Ah yeah we're talking the standard 9:00PMEST which would be 6:00PST. I'm sorry :-[ I'm going to be trying to keep it at that time unless we change it up days in advance, so that the guys can generally just show up without checking in first each week.

Temidien

Neo Member
Tyring to set up a hard raid group tonight around 7 EDT. Please have cleared it (completely not just Atheon cheese) before. PSN is same as gaf.

Hey Save, mind if I tag along? Haven't cleared it on Hard yet but hopefully I proved my usefulness yesterday in Normal. My Hunter is lvl 29 now, Vision of Confluence, and Icebreaker.

Deku Tree

Some of that already happens at level 29.

kidko

Class: Sunsinger
Primary: Hawkmoon
Special: The Surpemacy
Heavy: Unfriendly Giant

But I have Icebreaker so I need to swap out Hawkmoon sometimes. Want a legendary HC for this, but for now I use The Calling

WarSinger

PVE
Vision of Confluence/Suros
Ice Breaker/77 Wizard (void)
Steel Oracle

PVP
Grim Citizen III/Suros
Invective/The Crash/77 Wizard
Zombie Apocalypse

Deku Tree

If you have a persistent group of level 29's (having some 30's certainly helps) who know the right strategies and know how to play Destiny and have upgraded legendary/exotic weapons then the Hard Raid really isn't too hard IMO.

I sort of don't want to do the normal raid. I want to get the gold raid boots from the Hard Raid. Is it true that the boots that drop in the normal raid are always blue?

I love my gold Raid Chest piece!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom