• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Don't worry, I can do this. I got this. I got thi-DAMMIT, AFRO!

Vid footage from an old hard raid run. Sadly, Share doesnt record Party chat.

Context: I told the portal team I can handle opening the portals just by myself since Zoba and Math died. They said alright, you got this.

And then Afro died, screwing me out of ever becoming Legend! Dammit, Afro! I was close to becoming Legend. Close! :(

Edit: Just noticed I was using Weapons of Light instead of Blessing of Light. -__-
No wonder he died.

BondFancy

Who wants to get their cheese on for Atheon hard one last time ;D? I'm a 28 sunsinger who's done it before, I just need someone with an Atheon checkpoint.

Who is Dr Shin (shim?!)?

The only named character in all of Destiny

If you have a persistent group of level 29's (having some 30's certainly helps) who know the right strategies and know how to play Destiny and have upgraded legendary/exotic weapons then the Hard Raid really isn't too hard IMO.

I sort of don't want to do the normal raid. I want to get the gold raid boots from the Hard Raid. Is it true that the boots that drop in the normal raid are always blue?

I love my gold Raid Chest piece!!!

I've only ever gotten Gold stuff, even from the normal raid. Does the Blue stuff even get dropped in the game?

So why is everybody constantly hoping for boots in the Raid?

From what I understand you can equip a piece of raid gear, exotic gear, and the rest is legendary. So if you get a raid helmet or something and use an exotic chest piece you have then won't it give you the same level of armor as raid boots combined with an exotic and legendary other pieces?

Is it just an aesthetic thing? Or just collecting them?

Context: I told the portal team I can handle opening the portals just by myself since Zoba and Math died. They said alright, you got this.

And then Afro died, screwing me out of ever becoming Legend! Dammit, Afro! I was close to becoming Legend. Close! :(

Edit: Just noticed I was using Weapons of Light instead of Blessing of Light. -__-
No wonder he died.

I liked the close call where you went to jump off since you were about to wipe and then saw the resurrect. Nice save there.

1799937_309781142561979_3106079681565313340_o.jpg

Lolz
Nice, what weapon did you use?
Thx, will put you guys down as alts. This is 9:00PM EST

Reallly hope anyone from the group who can't make it will let me know ASAP, I'd like to try and get things rolling pretty quick tonight if possible (I won't be able to stay super late).

I've had a friend visiting and staying with me for the past 2 weeks, and spent last weekend up in Orlando. my gaming has been quite limited :p tomorrow everything goes back to normal with my free time... there may well be marathons :X

Ah yeah we're talking the standard 9:00PMEST which would be 6:00PST. I'm sorry :-[ I'm going to be trying to keep it at that time unless we change it up days in advance, so that the guys can generally just show up without checking in first each week.
No worries, buddy! Things should go back to normal next week, we'll finally reunite in the vault then! Funny to think last we ran it together I was the lowly 27 with a crap primary weapon. Now I'm 30 with a maxed VoC, going to be night and day haha

Prepare yourself for tons of random friendrequests and invites. Been lv30 for over a week now and people just come up to me to stare when in the tower, send a request and then just stalk me the entire time while I'm there. It's like you're a goddamn destiny celebrity lol.

lol, when I hit 29 within 3 seconds of being at the tower I wold get invites out the ass. was pretty anoying.

I am NOT A PIECE OF MEAT!

level pervs

From what I understand you can equip a piece of raid gear, exotic gear, and the rest is legendary. So if you get a raid helmet or something and use an exotic chest piece you have then won't it give you the same level of armor as raid boots combined with an exotic and legendary other pieces?

No exotic boots, so Raid Boots are definitely needed to get to level 30.

Dante316

you need all 4 raid pieces to be level 30. Or 3 out of 4 if you have a exotic piece.

Zakalwe

Banned

No.

3x Raid
1x Exotic

Or

4x raid

= Level 30

Namikaze1

It's strange I'm locked out because when I logged in, none of the multiplayer content was locked. It was after I went to orbit from doing a bounty did I noticed a change.

Can't have a legendary in the line up. All raid and exotic. I have raid boots, chest, and helm, but need exotic or raid gauntlets. Both have been tough to come by.

Deku Tree

Zakalwe

Banned
It's strange I'm locked out because when I logged in, none of the multiplayer content was locked. It was after I went to orbit from doing a bounty did I noticed a change.

It's just a stupid bug. Sometimes logging fixes it, sometimes you have to wait it out.

Not sure if psn or Destiny.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Thx, will put you guys down as alts. This is 9:00PM EST

Reallly hope anyone from the group who can't make it will let me know ASAP, I'd like to try and get things rolling pretty quick tonight if possible (I won't be able to stay super late).

I've had a friend visiting and staying with me for the past 2 weeks, and spent last weekend up in Orlando. my gaming has been quite limited :p tomorrow everything goes back to normal with my free time... there may well be marathons :X

Ah yeah we're talking the standard 9:00PMEST which would be 6:00PST. I'm sorry :-[ I'm going to be trying to keep it at that time unless we change it up days in advance, so that the guys can generally just show up without checking in first each week.

If you need another body, feel free to invite me as well. PSN Tokunbo.

No wonder he died.

:loooool we got really lucky there.

*Splinter

Hunter 30 with Knucklehead Radar

Vision of Confluence (Solar Scout)
Supremacy (Void Sniper)
Thunderlord (Arc Machinegun)

Titan 30 with Inmost Light (currently levelling Armamentarium, will swap to this)

VoC (another one)
Praedyth's Revenge (Void Sniper, lower impact :( )
Super Good Advice (Solar, need better Arc)

Warlock 29 with Sunbreakers or a sexy coat (depends on next raid drop)

VoC (another!) and levelling Hawkmoon (seems best against Vex)
Final Boss (Bad Void Sniper :( Designed for crucible I think)
The Swarm (Arc Machinegun)

There is a pattern here :D

Grimsen

You need 3 legendary raid pieces + 1 exotic (or 4 raid pieces) to get to level 30.

Plus exotic boots do not yet exist.

Hence why the boots are very sought after. The only piece that is 100% reliant on RNGesus.

I don't know... I was looking at this link which seems to say so... but it is old:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ez2q8/destiny_raid_gear_rewards_outlines/

Then there is also this link which only shows one set of raid armor:

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_of_Glass

Yeah, from my understanding, the Blue stuff is in the game files (it was data mined, after all), but the Vault of Glass only drops the Gold stuff. So in the off chance that RNGesus grants you Raid Gear, you won't have to worry about what type it is.

in order to get the 120 light needed you need 1 exotic and 3 peices of raid gear. 1 legendary is 27 light. raid gear is 30 light like the exotics.
30+30+30+30= 120

ocean

Banned

No exotic boots. To get level 30 you need 30 light in each gear slot. You can replace gear helmet gauntlets or chest with an exotic but there's no getting around those Raid boots.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No worries, buddy! Things should go back to normal next week, we'll finally reunite in the vault then! Funny to think last we ran it together I was the lowly 27 with a crap primary weapon. Now I'm 30 with a maxed VoC, going to be night and day haha
That is wild. There's a non-zero chance I might hit 29 by the next one too (though it involves upgrading my ugly ugly raid gauntlets ;_;)

No exotic boots. To get level 30 you need 30 light in each gear slot. You can replace gear helmet gauntlets or chest with an exotic but there's no getting around those Raid boots.

It makes it all the funnier that I got legendary boots for my Titan, during a raid we put together in this gaf thread, last night while proclaiming through the mic at the same time to 'Fuck this game anyways'.

Jinjo

lol, when I hit 29 within 3 seconds of being at the tower I wold get invites out the ass. was pretty anoying.

I am NOT A PIECE OF MEAT!

level pervs

Hahaha, yeah. It's always incredible funny when they come storming at you and then just straight up stop right in front of you and go to their menu. You feel so watched lol. Sometimes they also start walking around your character to get a good look at you too. It's so awkward. I always just back away slowly, turn around and run. I have literally had people chase me through the entire tower lol. Meanwhile my friends were laughing their asses off in the background haha.

That is wild. There's a non-zero chance I might hit 29 by the next one too (though it involves upgrading my ugly ugly raid gauntlets ;_;)

Suck it up for DAT POWER! One day we'll get skins....or more likely, superior Raid armor from future raids that make us grind again :| Are Warlocks the only ones that have cool looking Raid armor?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gotcha. So fleshing out the rest of your armor with raid gear is essential...which sucks for someone like me who never gets anything good in it.
For the Hard raid, yeah. You can hit 28 without any raid gear, and hit 29 with a single piece of raid gear. But for 30 you need all raid or 3 raid + 1 exotic

Thus if you absolutely want to hit 30 as quickly as possible you want to start with an exotic helm (since the raid helm only drops in Hard) but also get an exotic gauntlets and chest as soon as you can, to fill in the missing pieces with whatever happens to drop for you.

Alucrid

Banned
mmm, titan just needs raid gloves then i'll have all 3 at 30 and can take a break from raiding

For the Hard raid, yeah. You can hit 28 without any raid gear, and hit 29 with a single piece of raid gear. But for 30 you need all raid or 3 raid + 1 exotic

Thus if you absolutely want to hit 30 as quickly as possible you want to start with an exotic helm (since the raid helm only drops in Hard) but also get an exotic gauntlets and chest as soon as you can, to fill in the missing pieces with whatever happens to drop for you.

you can hit 29 without raid gear as well

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hahaha, yeah. It's always incredible funny when they come storming at you and then just straight up stop right in front of you and go to their menu. You feel so watched lol. Sometimes they also start walking around your character to get a good look at you too. It's so awkward. I always just back away slowly, turn around and run. I have literally had people chase me through the entire tower lol. Meanwhile my friends were laughing their asses off in the background haha.

I'm actually always leveling up some type of gear, so I rarely show that I am level 30, or even 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom