• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Heart of the Praxic Fire from the Nightfall. I've got Voidfang as well so I can switch between the two now depending on how I want to play in Crucible.

'Locks are pretty fun.

Ryck

Anyone who wants to do anything and just needs another guy hit me up.

Ps4: ryck007

Level 29 Titan

I'm up for whatever!

That's pretty much what we do. She is technically my fiance but we live together, have kids together and I love her, I'm just slow to move forward because everyone in my life has been divorced except me. Before her, I was always out drinking and at bars etc. Since her and having kids I'm home a lot more and kids sleep a lot,so naps and bedtime equals game time unless we have other plans.

Aww damn, we's talkin' bout real world shit today on GAF!

But yeah, I'm in a very similar boat (minus the kids).

Strider

There was time when I felt once Halo MCC comes out I'll never play crucible, but then I got the Last Word. Since Halo doesn't have the Last Word... Well needless to say I'll be playing both.

Lucis

Nope, that's not how it works. You're confusing cumulative probability with a single-event probability. Opening a chest is not the same as coin flipping. Loot from a drop is a single-event, coin flipping is cumulative probability because it has two independent events, heads or tails.

You're trying to make a single-event probability into a cumulative probability.

Actually what he said is not wrong.

the chance of the single event in this case is always set, what you are confused with is what we call conditional probability in statistics. However if the single event in a case is always set, then there is no conditional probability in any single happening of the event.

However there is a cumulative probability where a set of result from many events results into a certain chance.

say, an item you want drops 25% of the time, not getting it 10 times consecutively means you hit on the 75% every single time

.75^10 = about 5.6%

hydruxo

Yep, always fun to play alongside him. Any idea if he's on gaf?

Extra ammo feels useless to me, engaged range and accuracu any day.

Really just depends on your play style I guess. If you're running around enough, the range isn't all that necessary.

I'd rather have the 56 rounds and run around blasting everything not worrying about getting put down while reloading, rather than 21 rounds & shooting from further away.

Man, clearing the hard raid without a dedicated group is pretty much a crapshoot. Only 1 clear so far out of numerous tries. Usually people get stuck on the gatekeepers or the confluxes before oracles. It's starting to wear me out. And normal raid refuses to give me any gear. Been stuck at 29 for awhile.

MADGAME

Wait, what? The thunderlord? I just got this last night. Do go on...

Thunderlord rips guardians to shreds as a warm-up before breakfast. It laughs at Blade Dancers' feeble attempts to get anywhere close to the wielder. Faster than a blinking Warlock when upgraded. God tier.

NF gave me Sunbreakers last night....I didn't realize Xur was manipulating the NF strike behind the scenes. Trolling me with Sunbreakers for 4 weeks now? Refusing to let me see Praxic? Xur pls I want to curse him but I really think Praxic will be there Friday. BELIEVE.

LiK

They need basically take all range away from shotguns in order to make them "balanced" for this tight small corridor maps where you get into enemies face too fast and too easily.

Blind Watch, I'm looking at you!

Shotties are never problem for me. I must be playing a different game.

Atkison04

If you are soloing an alt on nightfall and weeklies, then you are more than ready and really need to start doing raids. There are a couple of different roles that you'll want to become proficient at, and with six people to accommodate, the best way is to just do it a lot. I almost want to make a list of people that are great at guiding noobs, but I don't want to put anyone on the spot or forget someone. Just get Gaffers on your friends list and all will be good.

I still get intimidated when I'm in a group of people working on their 29 alts because they already did it with their 30 main.

Thanks again man. My main issue with attempting the raid for so long was not having a group of people to play with. I have one person on my friends list that I actually know in real life. I think I have several gaffers on my list from diablo 3 and a few from these threads. Even then it comes to everyone seeming like they already have a crew or something like that. Plus, like you said, the intimidation factor of not wanting to be a weak link on the team due to inexperience. That's my hold up anyway and I'm sure several others. You seem cool though so let me know if you would be down to try one with me. One thing though, would you please say "game over man" if we got wiped because I read all your posts in that voice? Lol

About that 5th chest. I know the whole "don't let him teleport" thing is all the rage, but has it been confirmed yet? The only reason I ask, is because we saw it disappear the other night before our eyes. Apparently, if one person takes the normal/obvious path, when they jump down the chest goes away. Since the hidden chest path is so choppy, any normal attempt to beat the rest of the team on the alt path would result in the chest not being there since they would jump before you got to the chest. I'm just wondering if anyone has convinced the whole team to try the alt path even if the Templar teleported?

blackflag

Wait, what? The thunderlord? I just got this last night. Do go on...

Super fast reload super accurate, more so than most auto rifles and like 4 bullets can kill.

I've gotten a 10.2 kdr by camping it then grabbing it and murdering people until the next ammo drops. I'll still have ammo because Unlike most machine guns it's very accurate and you don't waste ammo. When I do that method I can usually get kdr of 4 or higher.

Alucrid

Banned
About that 5th chest. I know the whole "don't let him teleport" thing is all the rage, but has it been confirmed yet? The only reason I ask, is because we saw it disappear the other night before our eyes. Apparently, if one person takes the normal/obvious path, when they jump down the chest goes away. Since the hidden chest path is so choppy, any normal attempt to beat the rest of the team on the alt path would result in the chest not being there since they would jump before you got to the chest. I'm just wondering if anyone has convinced the whole team to try the alt path even if the Templar teleported?

I've gotten the no teleport chest tons of times, it's legit.

Atkison04

Haha yeah man, my fault everyone. I usually don't even post and just lurk. Maybe I'm just trying to lure some folks into my fire team (or yours, certainly don't want to lead something I've never done) for a raid attempt >:eek:

Tovarisc

Shotties are never problem for me. I must be playing a different game.

I do a lot shotty trades in PvP, but rarely they are big problem in PvP for me either. I'm more frustrated with Fusion Rifles, like we discussed earlier :b I just can't take that bullshit weapon class that can out gun both AR's and Shotties with ease.

That said Mythoclast is surprisingly a lot fun in PvP post-nerf. Suros is clearly better choice if wanting "optimal PvP primary", but upcoming Mytho buff should even them out somewhat.

DesertFox

Had a blast running the Nightfall last night.

Arc burn + Titan Lightning Grenade

So-Good-James-Franco-In-Spider-Man-3.gif

Does it matter what order you grab your loot from the chest in the Raid?

The guy that showed us the ropes swears the first to open it gets better stuff. That sounds completely stupid and I don't believe it but considering I never open it and the best thing I've gotten out of my Raids has been a sparkly arm band I'm starting to wonder.

Hoodbury

Both are boats, but I'd argue they are pretty dang different boats. Dealing with just a wife/gf is a lot different than having the responsibility of dealing with kids added in to the mix.

LiK

Same. Since the nerfs I see a lot more fusion rifles instead which are much harder to play against IMO.

I do a lot shotty trades in PvP, but rarely they are big problem in PvP for me either. I'm more frustrated with Fusion Rifles, like we discussed earlier :b I just can't take that bullshit weapon class that can out gun both AR's and Shotties with ease.

That said Mythoclast is surprisingly a lot fun in PvP post-nerf. Suros is clearly better choice if wanting "optimal PvP primary", but upcoming Mytho buff should even them out somewhat.

Yea, I see FRs a lot more now. Thankfully most guys suck at using them but whenever I get hit and instantly die from a distance, I get mad lol

Hi guys,

We need a 6th for the raid today. We are all waiting in the Tower ready to go.

We are all level 29/28's so if anyone wants to join please add me and join the fireteam.

PSN: MandrakeUK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom