• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My favorite part was you taking a posting hiatus right when the tag was added so no one knew it was added. That'll teach you to stop posting.
It's been there for like two weeks?! Seriously?! X___X

thank you Ghal <3
Suck it up for DAT POWER! One day we'll get skins....or more likely, superior Raid armor from future raids that make us grind again :| Are Warlocks the only ones that have cool looking Raid armor?
I honestly really like all of the Titan raid pieces. Hunters got hosed big time imo :(
As the last time, I can jump in if necessary.
Thanks! If it's anything like last time I'll run down our list of alts and then call on you to save us when they don't respond XD

Jinjo

No exotic boots. To get level 30 you need 30 light in each gear slot. You can replace gear helmet gauntlets or chest with an exotic but there's no getting around those Raid boots.

I am so happy with my +120 discipline boots that I got after my first templar fight man. Easiest route to level 30 is using an exotic helmet and the rest just raid gear. Raid helmet only drops on Atheon hard mode. The rest you can get by just playing normal over and over again. Raid helmets are ugly as sin too (maybe not the warlocks), but definitely for Titan and Hunter. My favourite exotic pieces end up being the helmets too, atleast for my Hunter and Titan. Only just started a Warlock.

Zakalwe

Banned
Gotcha. So fleshing out the rest of your armor with raid gear is essential...which sucks for someone like me who never gets anything good in it.

For now it's the only way to hit 30. Does suck for anyone who has poor luck, definitely.

Hopefully the next raid will have a more intelligent loot system.

*holds breath*

*exhales*

Nope, can't do it.

I'll ask again since this is moving so fast. What is the best Legendary Primary weapon that can be purchased from a vendor for PvE? Doesn't matter if it is AR or Scout or whatever.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you can hit 29 without raid gear as well
Wow, yeah, of course you can. I can't believe I just left it at that, I was just thinking of the way I was getting to 29 (one maxed raid piece, one maxed exotic, one maxed non-raid piece, one barely-upgraded non-raid piece).

thank you Ghal <3

I honestly really like all of the Titan raid pieces. Hunters got hosed big time imo :(

Thanks! If it's anything like last time I'll run down our list of alts and then call on you to save us when they don't respond XD

I still need to see a Titan decked out but I saw a Hunter in full and yeah...once again, glad to be a Sunbro!

Mrgamer

Everyone lookin for raid boots?
I have all variations intelect,strengt and discipline and a few duplicates.
Have chest armour and helmet but those damn gaunlets :(.

Tovarisc

I'll ask again since this is moving so fast. What is the best Legendary Primary weapon that can be purchased from a vendor for PvE? Doesn't matter if it is AR or Scout or whatever.

If AR is your cup of tea you can't go wrong with Shadow Price, from Vanguard. Even without extended mag it's really solid AR for PvE and PvP.

Rubenov

thank you Ghal <3

So the alt to your alts? Dang.

Jinjo

I had an entire raid gear set drop for me, save for the helmet, during my single hard run yesterday. I sharded all off them. How does that make you feel lol?

Yaari

Just got the most undeserved Exotic ever.

Was on DestinyLFG looking for Atheon. Saw a note about a free Nightfall kill. Since my Alt didn't do it yet, I figured, why not.

So I went in, this guy was petty much almost done with Phogoth.

Minute later, I get The Last Word.

Felt sorry for that guy. I did not deserve that gun at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So the alt to your alts? Dang.
:< bububu I just put them on a list in the order they responded

but I put lots of exclamation marks by you see

LiK (well, technically actually he has the slot if he shows up, because Squall can't make tonight's)
Ocean
TheOMan
Rubenov !!!!!!

kidko

Just got the most undeserved Exotic ever.

Was on DestinyLFG looking for Atheon. Saw a note about a free Nightfall kill. Since my Alt didn't do it yet, I figured, why not.

So I went in, this guy was petty much almost done with Phogoth.

Minute later, I get The Last Word.

Felt sorry for that guy. I did not deserve that gun at all.

Nice guys finish last

breakfuss

So then it's pretty much agreed upon that boots and gauntlets are the rarest armor drops? Because I've gotten 3x chest pieces and 2 helms. 0 of the others. :(

Jinjo

If you use those vex glimmer booster things over and over, then you can quickly reach the glimmer cap in the raid though!

Only if you keep dying at the gatekeeper part. A lot. Glimmer consumables only work at that part. It is also the only part of the raid where kills give you xp. Kinda dumb, since that even further diminishes the use of raid reruns after you've finished it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

Depends on your preferred weapon type?

Hand Cannon: Devil You Know, followed by Lord High Fixer (New Monarchy)
Auto Rifle: Shadow Price
Scout Rifle: Either Vanguard rifle is good for different reasons. Both are great weapons in current game state.
Pulse Rifles: Meh, don't bother.

Overall: Probably Shadow Price. Followed by Devil.

Shadow Price is just excellent all around, only weakness is the smaller clip size (25).

The Devil You Know from the Vanguard Quartermaster seems to get a lot of props here. I don't have any experience with it though so I could be wrong.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Scout Rifle: Either Vanguard rifle is good for different reasons. Both are great weapons in current game state.

Shadow Price is just excellent all around, only weakness is the smaller clip size (25).
I believe Lord High Fixer is the Crucible HC, and it's a lovely weapon.

If it's ARs I've heard people swear by Grim Citizen III also, though I don't know much about it. Definitely avoid Doctor Nope.
The Devil You Know from the Vanguard Quartermaster seems to get a lot of props here. I don't have any experience with it though so I could be wrong.
Oh you're not wrong.

Ramirez

My group finally completed the entire hard mode last night, everything legit. Top 10 gaming experience, and so glad I never cheesed it. Took us around 90 minutes, Templar is fucking hard, but man it felt good to finally kill him.

Didn't get shit in 4 runs last night tho, heh.

Deku Tree

Only if you keep dying at the gatekeeper part. A lot. Glimmer consumables only work at that part. It is also the only part of the raid where kills give you xp. Kinda dumb, since that even further diminishes the use of raid reruns after you've finished it.

That's weird... I wonder why it works that way... Could there be some story reason?

So then it's pretty much agreed upon that boots and gauntlets are the rarest armor drops? Because I've gotten 3x chest pieces and 2 helms. 0 of the others. :(

I think they're the most rare things in the whole game. I have a legendary pair of gauntlets, and my back up pair is blue. I keep them because my legendary are faster reload with auto's and the blue was the best I could find that had a hand cannon reload perk.

Yeah. I was about to say the Vanguard SP is a little rough with the clip size. I have the field scout perk and it is a beast with a 42 clip size.

I'd say no on the "stock" SP.

Sullichin

I have fully upgraded Timur's Lash and Lord High Fixer. Think I might still buy Devil You Know from Vanguard later.

I really want Last Word/ Hawkmoon though.

jay23

How do you roll with two exotics equipped? I'd love to know that answer.

Oops I meant the last word plus any sniper(icebreaker is mainly for pve).. I like using a gunslinger because of the stability modifiers. Get a headshot with tlw switch to sniper and it's easy mode.

JayEH

Going to get Devil You know next week. I'm going to be like 5 short for Vanguard marks this week. Fucking marks limit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have fully upgraded Timur's Lash and Lord High Fixer. Think I might still buy Devil You Know from Vanguard later.

I really want Last Word/ Hawkmoon though.
Just realized, the Crucible version of LHF has Third Eye, which makes it notably better for PvP unless you have Knucklehead Radar, and notably worse for anyone who does have Knucklehead. I didn't even use that to factor into my decision when choosing between the two, I got lucky o_o

Daemul

1699514-ha_ha_ha__oh_wow.jpg

Mrgamer

I had an entire raid gear set drop for me, save for the helmet, during my single hard run yesterday. I sharded all off them. How does that make you feel lol?

You are full of ass :).

i have what a need to get to 30 just need gaunlets for my alt and they are hard to came by.

Where are you seeing your hours played?

Edit: Nevermind found it. Currently sitting at 8 (192 hours) days, 43 minutes. And I'm only 6 shards away from level 30.

There you are.

Thanks for leading the raid group last night. That was fun. We rocked it considering 2 people were new to the raid. We definitely spent more time explaining (or you spend more time explaining) the mechanics than we did actually completing it.

Where are you seeing your hours played?

Edit: Nevermind found it. Currently sitting at 8 (192 hours) days, 43 minutes. And I'm only 6 shards away from level 30.

189 hours, and still a pair of gloves away from 30.

Actually 169 on the toon that needs the gloves, so maybe I would have them if I didn't sink time into an alt.

Sullichin

Just realized, the Crucible version of LHF has Third Eye, which makes it notably better for PvP unless you have Knucklehead Radar, and notably worse for anyone who does have Knucklehead. I didn't even use that to factor into my decision when choosing between the two, I got lucky o_o

Yeah, I got lucky with my Timur's Lash drop because it has radar while aiming and a stability upgrade, as well as explosive rounds if I gave up the stability. Kinda pissed that I found one with a larger magazine shortly after maxing it though!

There you are.

Thanks for leading the raid group last night. That was fun. We rocked it considering 2 people were new to the raid. We definitely spent more time explaining (or you spend more time explaining) the mechanics than we did actually completing it.

Jeez... you make me sound like I over did it. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom