• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay23

Do you guys think the gear from factions is a better option for PvP?

Mainly because you can choose what stats your armor has. I can't imagine playing the raid enough to get the armor with the stats I want.

Tovarisc

Mainly because you can choose what stats your armor has. I can't imagine playing the raid enough to get the armor with the stats I want.

I would say that go with "Int + Disc" -gear for PvE and PvP. Strength is such useless stat even for PvP imo.

I've always found that whatever exotic I'm using (armor-wise) tends to give me the appropriate stats to accompany it.

So when I use my Helm of innermost light, its stacks with INT, so my super cools down faster. When I use my Armamentarium, I get more DSC, so my grenades cooldown faster.

Usually, my primary stat sits around 85-95%, with my other stats floating around 40%-50%.

Haha, quite the opposite. You were very clear and concise in explaining it to the new kids on the block. You explained it well enough that, when we got in there, there were no questions or hold-ups in terms of duties or mechanics.

Glad you had a good time. Hope I made a better impression there, than being super quiet like I was during the Hard mode templar we attempted.

Hard oracles = shards

Hard templar = shards

Hard Atheon = shards

Who can guess what the gatekeepers will drop?
giphy.gif

That sounds awesome, actually. I plan on doing my 1st raid on Monday (taking it off for my birthday) and hope I can find a good group that will explain as we go like that.

EDIT: ^^^ omg I lol'd ^^^

If you hold out until Tuesday, I usually do a raid group at 8pm EST every Tuesday night. I almost always try to get 2 newcomers involved, so they can see the mechanics of it.

Waldini

I hope Xür sells an auto-rifle this friday. Maybe there is a pattern?

He started with Gjallahorn. Now were back with the Truth. Maybe he will have Hard Light up friday? Hmmm...

That sounds awesome, actually. I plan on doing my 1st raid on Monday (taking it off for my birthday) and hope I can find a good group that will explain as we go like that.

EDIT: ^^^ omg I lol'd ^^^

Yeah, find someone like Kor to lead you through it. I had cleared it a few times previously and made a hard attempt up to the templar (with him actually) but having him there to coordinate and teach at the same time was very cool.

ocean

Banned
Only if you keep dying at the gatekeeper part. A lot. Glimmer consumables only work at that part. It is also the only part of the raid where kills give you xp. Kinda dumb, since that even further diminishes the use of raid reruns after you've finished it.
I spent over an hour trying gatekeeper on hard with a struggling team and made thousands of glimmer.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I hope Xür sells an auto-rifle this friday. Maybe there is a pattern?

He started with Gjallahorn. Now were back with the Truth. Maybe he will have Hard Light up friday? Hmmm...

I'd hope not, that thing is a POS. I'm going to guess he'll have the last word.

Namikaze1

My Warlock just need Raid Chest or Helmet for 30 (I got an exotic helmet and chest to cover the missing gear). This damn Warlock got better shit from her first raid than my Titan did in her first three raids. Then again, I can't complain over the fact my Titan got most of the raid weapons in those three raids.

I may be stupid but I've just realized that the description of Raid armor pieces actually combine into a short story and are meant to be read one after the other.

Example with Titan gear:

• Battlecage of Kabr (Helmet): "Kabr fought the Vex alone. But somehow they didn't kill him."
  • Kabr's brazen grips (Gauntlets): "He consumed their technology like fire. Fashioning armor from their remants."
  • Kabr's wrath (Chest): "In the aftermath, he became obsessed with the machines."
  • Kabr's forceful greaves (Boots): "He was claimed by the Vault. His armor and myth are all that remain."

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lol, raids are pretty much a joke when you aren't guaranteed anything.

First time beating hard mode, what do I get?
Helmet, two arms, ship, energies, shards.

Already using yellow helmet... indeed needed one set of arms but two? lol.
Was hoping for some sort of good handcannon.... or any sort of weapon from hard
Nope!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd hope not, that thing is a POS. I'm going to guess he'll have the last word.

Lot of folks hate this gun but I don't think it's so bad...it sounds pretty cool.

The vault isn't big enough if you are collecting lots of exotic and legendary weapons. They need to make it bigger with each DLC.

I counted yesterday and I'm up to 15 legendary heavy machine guns and scout rifles alone. I have to start dismantling them but the pack rat in my dies a little each time I do that.

Am_I_Evil

halfway through Nightfall...anyone wanna jump in before i die? lol

PS4 - Am_I_Evil

at the room with the Ogre (after the room with the 3 waves)

edit: through that room...any takers for the last part here?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I believe Lord High Fixer is the Crucible HC, and it's a lovely weapon.

If it's ARs I've heard people swear by Grim Citizen III also, though I don't know much about it. Definitely avoid Doctor Nope.

Oh you're not wrong.

You're right, the high fixer is a crucible weapon. I was considering recommending the Vanquish (New Monarchy AR) during that post and must've got my signals crossed.

Vanquish is also an awesome weapon but the default setups favor Shadow Price.

Deku Tree

I may be stupid but I've just realized that the description of Raid armor pieces actually combine into a short story and are meant to be read one after the other.

Example with Titan gear:

• Battlecage of Kabr (Helmet): "Kabr fought the Vex alone. But somehow they didn't kill him."
  • Kabr's brazen grips (Gauntlets): "He consumed their technology like fire. Fashioning armor from their remants."
  • Kabr's wrath (Chest): "In the aftermath, he became obsessed with the machines."
  • Kabr's forceful greaves (Boots): "He was claimed by the Vault. His armor and myth are all that remain."

Wow. I didn't notice that before. Cool!

Is this a joke?

Nope. Not exactly cheese, but efficient way of doing gatekeepers very quickly.

Lol, raids are pretty much a joke when you aren't guaranteed anything.

First time beating hard mode, what do I get?
Helmet, two arms, ship, energies, shards.

Already using yellow helmet... indeed needed one set of arms but two? lol.
Was hoping for some sort of good handcannon.... or any sort of weapon from hard
Nope!

At least you got something. I don't have boots nor helm after a month of raiding on both normal and hard.

Tell me more

Open door. Go back down the small stair case, everyone snipes gatekeeper at once. Gatekeeper dead, activate left portal. Bye bye hobos.

Tovarisc

Everyone stand outside the door and snipe off the gate keeper before the first teleport... haven't people been doing this for weeks?

Group I'm with never bothered with this "cheese". Clearing out Gatekeeper + Goblins is already so fast to do that benefit from this cheese isn't that significant in our eyes.

Is this a joke?

I'm telling you, they're going to be spending so much time patching/fixing/anti-cheesing this raid, that the Dark Below raid is going to suffer for it.

They should be taking what they learn, and apply it to future content, not constantly try to play catch up.

Here's hoping they can actually do both.

Deku Tree

Nope. Not exactly cheese, but efficient way of doing gatekeepers very quickly.

At least you got something. I don't have boots nor helm after a month of raiding on both normal and hard.

Open door. Go back down the small stair case, everyone snipes gatekeeper at once. Gatekeeper dead, activate left portal. Bye bye hobos.

How does that strategy work?

Everyone stand outside the door and snipe off the gate keeper before the first teleport... haven't people been doing this for weeks?

Saw it for the first time today. This, plus the sunsinger cheese that drops Atheon before he can even teleport anyone. :)

So awesome to get past the gorgons without a single detection, no 6th chest though :(

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Can someone tell me what makes the Gjallahorn such a badass weapon? I know it's highly regarded and I have yet to upgrade to Wolfpack Rounds so maybe that's why I'm missing what's so great about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom