• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Can someone tell me what makes the Gjallahorn such a badass weapon? I know it's highly regarded and I have yet to upgrade to Wolfpack Rounds so maybe that's why I'm missing what's so great about it.

It does godly amounts of damage times 9001, i think wolfpack rounds are bugged

Tovarisc

Can someone tell me what makes the Gjallahorn such a badass weapon? I know it's highly regarded and I have yet to upgrade to Wolfpack Rounds so maybe that's why I'm missing what's so great about it.

Double action warhead [read: Wolfpack Rounds].

Primary explosion deals good amount of damage and after that secondary shrapnel will deal healthy amount of extra, secondary, damage to target. Fully upgraded Ghorn rips minotaurs apart in raid, in one hit.

nowai

Gets a fantastic weapon, doesn't have the thing that makes weapon fantastic unlocked, questions fantastic weapon status...

Unlock the wolf pack rounds and you see why it's great.

Homeboyd

kuv0I5i.png

if you say so o_o
"The last few"

*Looks at this wall and not the last few*

Ehh hem.. OT7, #1, OT6, #1, OT 5, #2, OT 4, #1, OT3, #1, OT2, #3!, ... lol

I do say so.

Meneses

I really hate that Exotic Bounties force you into the Crucible.

This Thorn bounty is gonna take forever, and will also force me to play a different style, since my only void weapons are a sniper (which i'm bad at in PVP) and a shotgun.

I wish I could apologize to everyone that's getting cheesed by a shotgun blast, I hate doing it but I need to finish this bounty.

So, I'm 28 with an exotic helm. Helm, legs and hands are all levelled and I have enough shards to level chest and get to level 29, is it worth it or am I better waiting and leveling Raid gear, if I ever get around to raiding that is. I have 39 shards in all, do you get a significant amount from raiding anyway?

realcZk

Bugged because they do so much damage or because they don't seek out nearby Targets (isn't that what they're supposed to do?)

The damage man, the damage is too much. Have you ever seen a gatekeeper in hardmode get two shot with a gjallarhorn and try not to smile

Both my Titan and my Warlock alt are now level 29. Both have two pieces of Raid Gear and one Exotic, my Titan just needs the booties and my Warlock needs the gauntlets. Let's hope they drop this week or the next, because the Fall onslaught is about to begin.

Tovarisc

I wish I could apologize to everyone that's getting cheesed by a shotgun blast, I hate doing it but I need to finish this bounty.

Using short range weapon and shooting someone to face with it, from close range, hardly makes you cheeser.

Why people think that shotgun is only balanced if you need shove it down enemies throat in order to deal any damage?

Hey, if anyone wants to roll through the daily story with my on lvl 28 real quick (I get lonely), join my fire team. I'm going to start it now.

PS4: GKW212

Pimpwerx

My preferred lookout:

Primary: atheon epilogue
special: icebreaker
heavy: friendly giant

I also line to run with mythoclast, found verdict, friendly giant. Wish I could equip more than one exotic. PEACE.

I know this point has been hammered to death, but it is almost criminal that Bungie squandered so much of Destiny's story/lore.

Someone on Reddit fleshed out the first battles for Earth after The City was built, along with the Twilight Gap, based on Grimoire.

But it did not come without struggle. Several factions vied for control of the City’s inhabitants within it’s walls, and the Faction Wars began. Buildings were razed, fires were lit and blood was shed. Supporters all fought against each other with destructive intent, until a group of Guardians (Titans and Warlocks, from what I can gather), took it upon themselves to end the conflict. Their success created the Consensus, the political structure of our City today.

And soon, they would be tested. The first Hunters journeyed into the Cosmodrome, and found the House of Devils waiting for us. The Fallen are not repelled easily, and like a cloud they descended on the City from six directions. The Battle of Six Fronts was upon the City. Four Titan orders - Agema, Firebreak, Gatewatch and Chain - stood against the onslaught, and four orders of Titans remained when it subsided. Much blood was spilled, but the battle of Six Fronts remains a hall-mark in Titan history.

Saint-14, a legendary Exo, urged the city to take a counter-offensive against the Fallen. He wanted to crush them while they were weak, but the Vanguard denied him. Saint-14 did not care. Records speak of his great crusade against the Fallen, and say that he caved in the Devils Kell’s skull with his own. He disappeared soon after. Some say his helmet can still be found in the wilderness, the blood of the Kell splattered on it’s front.

Dredgen spent time studying the Darkness, too much time, and he became corrupted. His Light became Dark, his ghost became a wraith. Dredgen murdered Thalor and Pahanin, but was killed in the famous showdown at Dwindler’s Ridge, by a renegade Hunter, Shin Malphur, with the Last Word.

The defence was led by Lord Saladin Forge, the creator of the Iron Banner, and his proteges: Zavala and Shaxx. The battle was brutal, and eventually parts of the city were overrun by the combined might of the Fallen. Zavala and Saladin gave the order for their Titans to hold their ground, as that is always the final order amongst Titans.

Shaxx, however, seized the opportunity and lead a counter-attack against the Fallen who had managed to creep inside the walls. Shaxx fought with his squadron of Battle Frames eventually and drove the Fallen out to retreat back to whatever hole they had crawled from. Shaxx's disobedience will forever strain his relationship with his former mentor: Saladin.

Like--holy shit, these would be amazing to see in-game. Either via godly CG or in-game engine.

Even better: let us replay these historical battles as Strikes/Raids.

The Battle of the Six Fronts
-Unlock/discover the entrance of the House of the Devils
-Launch an assault on the House
-Retreat via vehicles back to the City after the Fallen swarm you
-Force six players to defend six separate strong points, using battlements/mounted weapons, as well as your own characters

Or something like that.

It would be pretty awesome if some of the named "heroes" of the struggles (Saint-14, Saladin, Zavala) would actually fight alongside you as NPC characters.

I have the Vanquisher VIII and I don't find it as effective after the patch. I also vote for the Shadow Price.

Vanquisher is similar to the shadow price but better perks with a trade off of a smaller magazine size.

Depends on your preferred weapon type?

Hand Cannon: Devil You Know, followed by Lord High Fixer (New Monarchy)
Auto Rifle: Shadow Price
Scout Rifle: Either Vanguard rifle is good for different reasons. Both are great weapons in current game state.
Pulse Rifles: Meh, don't bother.

Overall: Probably Shadow Price. Followed by Devil.

Shadow Price is just excellent all around, only weakness is the smaller clip size (25).

The Devil You Know from the Vanguard Quartermaster seems to get a lot of props here. I don't have any experience with it though so I could be wrong.

Thanks for the recommendations. Just by chance I got The Devil You Know from a legendary engram just seconds ago so I will give that a shot. Never really tries hand cannons. In the mean time need to grind out the marks for Shadow Price.

SharpS

My preferred lookout:

Primary: atheon epilogue
special: icebreaker
heavy: friendly giant

I also line to run with mythoclast, found verdict, friendly giant. Wish I could equip more than one exotic. PEACE.

This is the exact set up I used lol. I'm starting to look into scout rifles though. I'm having trouble being effective with it on hard mode beside against oracles.

I know this point has been hammered to death, but it is almost criminal that Bungie squandered so much of Destiny's story/lore.

Someone on Reddit fleshed out the first battles for Earth after The City was built, along with the Twilight Gap, based on Grimoire.

Like--holy shit, these would be amazing to see in-game. Either via godly CG or in-game engine.

-Force six players to defend six separate strong points, using battlements/mounted weapons, as well as your own characters

Or something like that.

It would be pretty awesome if some of the named "heroes" of the struggles (Saint-14, Saladin, Zavala) would actually fight alongside you as NPC characters.
Bungie plz

Obscured

lol, just got grim citizen from blue engram. Any good?

It's a slower firing auto rifle, but packs a pretty good punch and makes it a bit easier to get those headshots. It has been my primary for a while and I have a hard time switching to anything else (though I just got the vision of confluence scout rifle).

Marvel

could never
It's a slower firing auto rifle, but packs a pretty good punch and makes it a bit easier to get those headshots. It has been my primary for a while and I have a hard time switching to anything else (though I just got the vision of confluence scout rifle).
Thanks for the info.

Rockets are the most important weapon for hard mode raids, imo. That's why I think Truth is MVP. That or Gjallarhorn. They are far better than a legendary rocket launcher because a miss is pretty bad. When people do hard without fully upgraded rockets, I cry a little on the inside. Rocket everything! Praetorians hit too hard to use anything other than rockets.

I should have bought Truth!!!!!

Or something like that.

Fuck everything. I feel like I'm playing the alpha version of what could have been a great game

LiK

Clatterwhite.....Bungie....

2d46a_ORIG-Sisko_groan.gif

Such an ugly ass shader, just as ugly as the Titan raid helm and Titan raid mark. The combination of all three creates an abomination.

Such an ugly opinion. Disappointed in you.

And the mark is from Dead Orbit. Do your homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom