• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol how would you feel if you were the top player? http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ess_which_one_of_us_said_come_on_exotic_hand/

JlS8knW.jpg

In this case I'd feel ok. The second and third place guys weren't THAT far behind. Seems like they all carried their weight.

And 7 shards isn't the worst thing I've seen.

Also I'm about to reach 200 marks. Is the Epitaph sniper at the Vanguard worth it. I don't have any legendary Arc sniper so it seems decent enough.

I use it all the time even though I have an Ice Breaker. I leave it at the four shot clip because of the quick reload and I often get the bonus damage on shot 3 and 4. Plus sniping captains and shielded knights is where it's at.

ocean

Banned
I know this point has been hammered to death, but it is almost criminal that Bungie squandered so much of Destiny's story/lore.

Someone on Reddit fleshed out the first battles for Earth after The City was built, along with the Twilight Gap, based on Grimoire.

Like--holy shit, these would be amazing to see in-game. Either via godly CG or in-game engine.

Even better: let us replay these historical battles as Strikes/Raids.

The Battle of the Six Fronts
-Unlock/discover the entrance of the House of the Devils
-Launch an assault on the House
-Retreat via vehicles back to the City after the Fallen swarm you
-Force six players to defend six separate strong points, using battlements/mounted weapons, as well as your own characters

Or something like that.

It would be pretty awesome if some of the named "heroes" of the struggles (Saint-14, Saladin, Zavala) would actually fight alongside you as NPC characters.
Bungie staff lurkers, please pay attention to this man. This lore offers near infinite potential. Give us this and your game will become legend.

Daemul

Such an ugly opinion. Disappointed in you.

And the mark is from Dead Orbit. Do your homework.

#dealwithit

I know where your mark is from, I was just going on a separate tangent about how ugly the Titan raid helm and mark are. They look so stupid.

Bungie plz

Fuck everything. I feel like I'm playing the alpha version of what could have been a great game

Right?

How cool would it be to have a Strike/Raid centered around the Faction Wars? You have to fight through burning parts of The City, making your way to each of the factions/faction leaders and even fighting each of them. Guardian vs Guardian action--maybe even Guardian vs Guardian vs Fallen, depending on how the lore is structured. Gear/rewards could all be based on each of the Faction leaders that you defeat.

LiK

#dealwithit

I know where your mark is from, I was just going on a separate tangent about how ugly the Titan raid helm and mark are. They look so stupid.

Skullfort is badass. One of the best Titan helms.

Anyway, putting you on ignore cuz I don't like your awful harsh opinions.

breakfuss

Clatterwhite.....Bungie....

2d46a_ORIG-Sisko_groan.gif

Such an ugly ass shader, just as ugly as the Titan raid helm and Titan raid mark. The combination of all three creates an abomination.

Chatterwhite is actually okay on Hunters. Barely. Works well with the New Monarchy cloak.

ocean

Banned
My Titan only needs Raid Gauntlets or Chest to be 30-able. If I get the Gauntlets I'll rock Armamentarium; if i get the chest I'll use No Backup Plans.

I already ran with my Titan this week but a server disconnect made me miss the Gatekeeper loot drop. I am crazy enough that I'll run the entire raid again with him just for a chance to get one of those at that drop.

If anyone's running tonight my Warlock will be the one participating though. He only has the Helmet from a hard cheese last night. This game is a drug.

Daemul

Skullfort is badass. One of the best Titan helms.

Anyway, putting you on ignore cuz I don't like your awful harsh opinions.

Pfft, you guys love me too much to put me on ignore.

Chatterwhite is actually okay on Hunters. Barely. Works well with the New Monarchy cloak.

I avoid it like the shader like the plague, it doesn't look very good on Titan's. I'm currently using other shaders whilst I wait for the New Monarchy shaders to drop for me.

ocean

Banned
Starting at 7pm EST normal raid PS4

1. Rubenov25
2. Mr_Nicholas_B
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Please be 27 and above thanks
a_javierp on PSN. You start in half an hour? My Warlock is only 27 but I have good weapons and I've raided a lot. Let's do this!

Hawkmoon, your team starts later right? If you end up needing me as an alt I'd take my 29 Titan for a chance at Gatekeeper loot (only drop I'm missing on him) and for the fun of it :)

Lucis

So a gaffer has been debating about probability with me when it comes to loot drop in this game.

Here's a long post about it.

First lets understand what is probability and how does it work.
We don't know (don't have enough data) to really tell what kind of loot table and how loot drop works in this game.
But that's out of the question since it doesn't affect what we call probability.

Lets put some assumption first. Assume there's only a 20% chance of every loot dropping encounter to drop a piece of gear (doesn't matter what gear, any gear).
You have done the raid 10 times and out of them 3 times it has been on HARD which you got double loot, that means you have looted a total of 13*4=52 times (lets ignore chest and what so ever here)

The chance of you not getting anything consecutively is
(1-.20)^52 = 9.13e-6, which is a VERY small number
Say the chance is even lower, at 10%
(1-.10)^52 = 0.4%, still very small
This means out of 250 people, there would be 1 person by expectation to have such bad luck if the % is indeed 10% (and of course, law of expectation ALWAYS win out in statistics when the sample size is large enough).
And for 20%, it would be 1 in 109476 (109k) to have such bad luck, probably that's the entire population of destiny's hardcore raiding community.
But realistically, it's not 10%, it's probably not even 20%, it's probably a bigger number >= 33%

Of course so far we have simplified lots of things and the number is most likely not the same for each encounter, but to show that the unlikely chance of this happening, this serves the purpose.

And lets take a single piece drop into account and see what is the likely hood of this happening if say... you don't have that god forsaken raiding boots after 10 raids (3 hard like last time)
13*3= 39, since atheon doesn't drop boots
say the boots drop % is 5% (low enough right?)
(1-.95)^39 = 13.5%, now that's a more reasonable number,
still this would by expectation only happen to 1 in 9 people , but it still is a lot more likely and a probable event that could happen to you.

Note, that what I am saying here really does not mean that if you did a raid 10 times, the next raid you are almost garenteed to get that drop, no it's not, the probability of a set of event happening does not affect a single event when there's no conditional probability attached, which means if you are one of those unlucky person that didn't get the boots after 10 raids, the next time you doing raid, you are still at disadvantage when it comes to the dice roll.

Namikaze1

Holy shit at that reddit post! Titans basically run shit!

Also, Gjallahorn was made from the armor of dead Titans?! No wonder it is such a great and powerful weapon.

Kalamari

Titans dabes.

I think pvpers are finally catching on the the craziness that is shoulder charge. I have been running into a lot more titans in pvp.

MADGAME

Last Atheon Hard checkpoint I have.

Will do a few dips in to give out the checkpoint, then going to complete. If anyone wants to help just join, it's public. Too many pm's on GAF and PSN to effectively deal with.

utz-cheese-balls-with-real_med.jpeg

Need 2 more for normal raid right now on PS4.

Anyone is welcome.

PSN Jignxs

Thanks again for letting me jump in on the Raid run. That was a solid run, I thought. Plus I got to see the inside of the portals lol. Got the Boots now so with my sunbreakers I'll be level 30 in no time.

Namikaze1

Yep, such a wasted opportunity. I had no idea what the vault of glass was all about but it actually has a pretty cool back story to it once you start reading those cards.
It got to the point where I started making theories on the Vault and Kabr after reading some of the Grimoire cards associated with the Vault and Kabr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom