• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I've got 5 people ready to go on Vault of Glass hard - anyone have a checkpoint at Atheon and want in on the kill? We'll cheese him.

Normal raid anyone? :(

PSN: ck716

level 30 warlock

Shoot through hallway strategy makes it a joke. Both boss and hack sequences you can stay in the hallways leading up to them. Bungie needs to learn how to shut some doors

How on earth can anyone face those wizards/witches without those hallways? they need to balance the game so that those hallways aren't necessary

i just got a side bar notification about the network not being available. the same bar used for system notifications.

never seen that one before...

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
yup i posted it a few pages ago. http://imgur.com/a/4BZLv

been doing some panoramas recently

9NSsBMS.jpg

many deaths were had to get this one.
This is amazing! How did you get it?

I think that with Fantasy life and Sunset Overdrive coming out soon, plus halloween, I should be more than entertained until AC:U, Master Chief Collection, and then the piece of resistance in Dragon Age Inquisition.

So yeah. Every chance I've had to play the game with friends has been followed with "don't worry about it im busy anyways". The 2 [?] times I played this week for my dailies I made sure to do them as quickly as possible then went back to netflix/amazon prime. I gotta be honest I don't even know if the expansion will pull me back. The fact I want to spend more time with Halo 2 multiplayer than with this says something.

ocean

Banned
doubtful. so easy i did it 4 times in 1.5 hours for me and my brothers main and alts. 2x nightfall/ 2x weekly.
You are a beast. If you have time tomorrow i'd really appreciate you helping me with the Thorn bounty. It's been sitting in my character for days and I just can't pull it off

I'm a_javierp on PS4. Add me if you feel like doing it tomorrow!

mstevens

edit: Let me rephrase that. How awful is the clip in the store bought Vanquisher. Does it make it pretty useless? I'm used to reloading a lot anyway with my pulse rifle, so I just don't know. It doesn't look too bad in the videos I've been watching.

You are a beast. If you have time tomorrow i'd really appreciate you helping me with the Thorn bounty. It's been sitting in my character for days and I just can't pull it off

I'm a_javierp on PS4. Add me if you feel like doing it tomorrow!

ID LOVE TO HELP!!!! but
#xboxmasterrace

:( i actually solo'd xyor after getting tired of waiting for a friend who kept saying theyd play only to get on and jump on trials fusion.....

if Destiny had a server switching solution, id have 4 copies of this game.

Grimsen

Did the raid tonight with some friends and pugs, and got

-Hawkmoon
-vision of confluence
-a duplicate Pradeyth's revenge
-raid chest!

I was like

fist_bump_shawn_gus_psych.gif

Good run!

Future

Normal raid anyone? :(

PSN: ck716

level 30 warlock

How on earth can anyone face those wizards/witches without those hallways? they need to balance the game so that those hallways aren't necessary

I enjoyed some sweet hallway action myself. Just amazing to me that they didn't have a tester see this way ahead of time

I mean they could fix it by simply by closing the door behind you, moving the boss so he doesn't stand in view while in hallway, allowing the enemies to go in the hallway, move the art a tiny bit so you can't see in the room that far back on the hallway. I mean, god damn

I mean, honestly...where the hell am I supposed to find 25 sapphire wire? annoying.

Make a hunter, buy uncommon or higher armor and then break it down.

Also anyone looking to do Nightfall on Xbone? Lv 27 Sunsinger Warlock
Using Patience and Time sniper for Arc bonus as well as Icebreaker (solar sniper for wizards) and Solar Steel Oracle launcher with homing shells. Also have Arc Launcher for Knights

rjcc

anyone trying to run the daily / weekly ...maybe weekly nightfall on XB1?

level 27 titan, just regular weapons, one legendary rocket launcher to speak of

Fun run on normal raid. Haul was a bit weak. Received Shattered Vault Cloak and Found Verdict again, but did get the ship
yay?

I was able to level up to 29 and get my secondary auto rifle (Vengence III; Suros is primary) fully upgraded. As much as I want to jump into Hard VoG, I think I'll be needing a better secondary. Ice Breaker still needs to be upgraded, and I don't have really anything in the way of Void secondaries.

But then I'm not sure what Hard would all entail to completely count myself out.

breakfuss

Yeahhh, so after playing with Mythoclast in PvP I think I actually agree with Bungie's decision to nerf it. As it stands it's still pretty formidable so I can only imagine what it was like before. Talking only about PvP.

jaaz

Vision of Confluence vs Hawkmooooooooooooooon

Which do you level first?

Lol, I've been debating this same question, except that I have them both leveled until the Ass Energy damage upgrades. I only have Energy to level one all the way.

Should I level one all the way or split the Energies between them? If one all the way, which one?

Decisions, Decisions...

This game is the fucking devil I swear.

Thanks to some amazing people on GAF I beat Atheon on Hard, which was the first time I got anything from him besides Energy. Don't think I'll ever do the Raid without GAFfers again.

Yesterday I accepted my first invite from total strangers and did it on Normal. We spent 3hrs because it took one guy 45mins to do the jumping section (dear god). After the weak link quit we got a friend of mine in and beat Atheon in 10mins. Cool.

Yesterday I did the Raid for the 2nd time that day, two friends and I carried 3 other people essentially and two chests disappeared because we waited for a Hunter to jump through the labyrinth. I was so pissed at that. Then after they kept dying at Atheon, we disbanded. Not cool.

That last Raid drove a wedge between me and my gaming friends. They did the Raid with someone else, got those chests and beat Atheon... I went through 99% of the hard part and they got the reward for it without me. WAY NOT COOL.

/this game is the devil

The gatekeepers are ridiculous on hard mode. Easily the hardest part of the raid. Not because it's uncheeseable but just because the amount of stuff that can go wrong.

The gatekeepers are ridiculous on hard mode. Easily the hardest part of the raid. Not because it's uncheeseable but just because the amount of stuff that can go wrong.

Well presumably that was the point of hard, but Bungie done fucked up.

I myself enjoy the gatekeepers, and with the right strategy all my groups on GAF, even first timers on hard completed it after a few attempts. Average like 5 attempts. It's in some ways a gear check and a skill check, but since you can just skip them it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom